Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turkey Taco Bake

Turkey Taco Bake

2 c. crushed nacho chips
16 oz. refried beans
2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 c. salsa
2 c. shredded turkey
1 tsp. taco seasoning
1 green onion sliced
1 medium tomato chopped

Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
chips.
Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anna" > wrote in message
> Turkey Taco Bake
>
> 2 c. crushed nacho chips
> 16 oz. refried beans
> 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
> 1 c. salsa
> 2 c. shredded turkey
> 1 tsp. taco seasoning
> 1 green onion sliced
> 1 medium tomato chopped
>
> Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
> from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
> chips.
> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in news:UaEdj.1675$Xe5.295
@trndny09:

> Who uses taco seasoning?

I use taco seasoning, penzeys taco seasoning...when I make a taco stew.

Cook up a lb of crumbled hamburger remove and drain. Put in the frypan
some sliced onion, sliced green or red pepper, sliced mushrooms fry till
tender crisp. Drain out any remaining fat and then add a sprinkling of
grape tomatoes....add sour cream and taco seasonong combine well while
still over heat...reintroduce the crumbles hamburger and stir it up well
to reheat. Add some grated jack cheese and serve.
serves 4

It ain't gourmet but it is tasty and filling. It hits the spot when I
feel like fast junk food and it is a little better for me than take out
fast junk food.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Anna" > wrote in message
>> Turkey Taco Bake
>>
>> 2 c. crushed nacho chips
>> 16 oz. refried beans
>> 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
>> 1 c. salsa
>> 2 c. shredded turkey
>> 1 tsp. taco seasoning
>> 1 green onion sliced
>> 1 medium tomato chopped
>>
>> Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
>> from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
>> chips.
>> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
>> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
>> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in news:UaEdj.1675$Xe5.295
> @trndny09:
>
>> Who uses taco seasoning?
>>

> I use taco seasoning, penzeys taco seasoning...when I make a taco stew.

I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is. The only taco
seasoing I've seen around here is that stuff that comes in a packet. It's
meant to be used in ground beef. But it also usually has thickeners in it.

> Cook up a lb of crumbled hamburger remove and drain. Put in the frypan
> some sliced onion, sliced green or red pepper, sliced mushrooms fry till
> tender crisp. Drain out any remaining fat and then add a sprinkling of
> grape tomatoes....add sour cream and taco seasonong combine well while
> still over heat...reintroduce the crumbles hamburger and stir it up well
> to reheat. Add some grated jack cheese and serve.
> serves 4
>
> It ain't gourmet but it is tasty and filling. It hits the spot when I
> feel like fast junk food and it is a little better for me than take out
> fast junk food.

I can't do the dairy, but I might make something similar. I would add chili
powder to it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hairy" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Anna" > wrote in message
>>> Turkey Taco Bake
>>>
>>> 2 c. crushed nacho chips
>>> 16 oz. refried beans
>>> 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
>>> 1 c. salsa
>>> 2 c. shredded turkey
>>> 1 tsp. taco seasoning
>>> 1 green onion sliced
>>> 1 medium tomato chopped
>>>
>>> Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
>>> from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
>>> chips.
>>> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
>>> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
>>> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

> Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hairy" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Anna" > wrote in message
>>> Turkey Taco Bake
>>>
>>> 2 c. crushed nacho chips
>>> 16 oz. refried beans
>>> 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
>>> 1 c. salsa
>>> 2 c. shredded turkey
>>> 1 tsp. taco seasoning
>>> 1 green onion sliced
>>> 1 medium tomato chopped
>>>
>>> Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
>>> from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
>>> chips.
>>> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
>>> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
>>> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

> Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
seasoning on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 04:57:57 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is.

Ohmygawd gal, you have to check it out...

www.Penzeys.com

I think there is one near Portland, OR now....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 09:57:57p, Julie Bove told us...

> "hahabogus" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in news:UaEdj.1675$Xe5.295
>> @trndny09:
>>
>>> Who uses taco seasoning?
>>>

>> I use taco seasoning, penzeys taco seasoning...when I make a taco stew.

> I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is. The only taco
> seasoing I've seen around here is that stuff that comes in a packet.
> It's meant to be used in ground beef. But it also usually has
> thickeners in it.

Excellent source of spices, either in their stores or order over the web.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 2hrs
In comic strips, the person on the
left always speaks first. --George Carlin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 09:58:47p, Julie Bove told us...

> "Hairy" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

>> Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
> seasoning on it.

What about turkey in mole sauce?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 2hrs
In comic strips, the person on the
left always speaks first. --George Carlin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Sat 29 Dec 2007 09:58:47p, Julie Bove told us...
>

>> "Hairy" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

>> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>> seasoning on it.
>>

> What about turkey in mole sauce?

That doesn't sound good to me either. But I'm not really big on turkey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 04:57:57 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>

>>I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is.

> Ohmygawd gal, you have to check it out...
>
> www.Penzeys.com
>
> I think there is one near Portland, OR now....

I just looked it up. Their taco seasoning has lactose in it. I'm allergic.
I'll stick to the spices I'm familiar with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 9:01�pm, Christine Dabney wrote:

> I think there is one [Penzey's] near Portland, OR now....

There is a Penzey's in Portland:

11322 SE 82nd Avenue

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 8:58*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Comes naturally! * *I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
> seasoning on it.

Turkey is a natural match for those spices.

Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...

Karen
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 10:10:00p, Julie Bove told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 3.184...

Remove

the

good

>>> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>>> seasoning on it.
>>>

>> What about turkey in mole sauce?

> That doesn't sound good to me either. But I'm not really big on turkey.

Neither am I, Julie. In fact, I can't stand turkey. :-)

I like mole, however, and I sometimes make it with chicken. having said
that, turkey in mole sauce is traditional.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 1hrs 25mins
The two most common things in the
universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
--Harlan Ellison

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 10:35:08p, Karen told us...

> On Dec 29, 8:58*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> Comes naturally! * *I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>> seasoning on it.

> Turkey is a natural match for those spices.
>
> Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...
>
> Karen

I think I would rather die than eat one. I hate turkey.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 1hrs 25mins
The two most common things in the
universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
--Harlan Ellison
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Sat 29 Dec 2007 10:10:00p, Julie Bove told us...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> 3.184...
>>> On Sat 29 Dec 2007 09:58:47p, Julie Bove told us...

> Remove

> the

> good

>>> What about turkey in mole sauce?

>> That doesn't sound good to me either. But I'm not really big on turkey.
>>

> Neither am I, Julie. In fact, I can't stand turkey. :-)
>
> I like mole, however, and I sometimes make it with chicken. having said
> that, turkey in mole sauce is traditional.

I didn't know that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen" > wrote in message
On Dec 29, 8:58 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
> seasoning on it.

Turkey is a natural match for those spices.

Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...

I had turkey enchiladas once. They were okay except for the turkey. Had to
pick that out and eat around it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:45:02 -0600, "Hairy" > wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Anna" > wrote in message
>>> Turkey Taco Bake
>>>
>>> 2 c. crushed nacho chips
>>> 16 oz. refried beans
>>> 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
>>> 1 c. salsa
>>> 2 c. shredded turkey
>>> 1 tsp. taco seasoning
>>> 1 green onion sliced
>>> 1 medium tomato chopped
>>>
>>> Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
>>> from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
>>> chips.
>>> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
>>> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
>>> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

>Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

I don't have to please everyone here. I"m sorry if you don't like
them.
Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:10:00 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
73.184...

>>> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>>> seasoning on it.
>>>

>> What about turkey in mole sauce?

>That doesn't sound good to me either. But I'm not really big on turkey.

Sounds like the only thing you are big on is YOU. Nothing here has
pleased you yet. I"m sorry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:35:08 -0800 (PST), Karen >
wrote:

>On Dec 29, 8:58*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> Comes naturally! * *I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>> seasoning on it.

>Turkey is a natural match for those spices.
>
>Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...
>
>Karen

No kidding. I love them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:55:04 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
>On Dec 29, 8:58 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>> seasoning on it.

>Turkey is a natural match for those spices.
>
>Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...
>
>I had turkey enchiladas once. They were okay except for the turkey. Had to
>pick that out and eat around it.

So use chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 11:13:41p, Anna told us...

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:45:02 -0600, "Hairy" > wrote:
>

>>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

>>Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

> I don't have to please everyone here. I"m sorry if you don't like
> them.
> Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

With that attitude, I guarantee you'll win no friends here, nor will you be
welcome.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 50mins
It is amazing how complete is the
delusion that beauty is goodness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> I think I would rather die than eat one. I hate turkey.

As is your right. But in the same vain no one should be insulted for what
they decide to eat. Not that you would do that. Just stating what I
believe. Many folks due to idiosyncracy or whatever don't like to eat
certain foods...In my case I have a dislike for refried beans without even
tasting them. Just their general appearance turns me off. It took a long
time before I'd eat any bean. But that doesn't mean there's anything wrong
with them. Another dislike is weiners and rice. Due to too many meals
consisting of boiled weiners and a side of rice when I was poorer I refuse
to eat those items on the same plate at the same meal. Everybody has a food
hangup of one sort or another.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 11:16:56p, hahabogus told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>
>> I think I would rather die than eat one. I hate turkey.
>>

> As is your right. But in the same vain no one should be insulted for
> what they decide to eat. Not that you would do that. Just stating what I
> believe. Many folks due to idiosyncracy or whatever don't like to eat
> certain foods...In my case I have a dislike for refried beans without
> even tasting them. Just their general appearance turns me off. It took a
> long time before I'd eat any bean. But that doesn't mean there's
> anything wrong with them. Another dislike is weiners and rice. Due to
> too many meals consisting of boiled weiners and a side of rice when I
> was poorer I refuse to eat those items on the same plate at the same
> meal. Everybody has a food hangup of one sort or another.

Alan, I wasn't insulting anyone. Just stating that I wouldn't eat it
because it was turkey. Take the same recipe and make it with chicken or
some other meat and I'm sure I would like it. I have very few food
dislikes and even fewer food hates. I don't like or eat raw fish and I
cringe at the thought of eating sea "creatures" like octopus. I'm not
overly fond of oysters, but will eat fried oysters. That's about it.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 45mins
'Weapons do not remain stockpiled.'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> Alan, I wasn't insulting anyone

As I stated ...You wouldn't do that.

If by chance I wrote poorly I didn't mean to say you did insult anyone. You
didn't.

I was just saying or ranting that everyone has food hangups like your
dislike of turkey and my dislike of refried beans or also another food I
turned down withourt trying was curried goat lung...Just the idea of eating
lung from a goat turned me off. I wouldn't do the cow eyeball or brains
either. That's just me.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 29 Dec 2007 11:37:45p, hahabogus told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>
>> Alan, I wasn't insulting anyone

> As I stated ...You wouldn't do that.
>
> If by chance I wrote poorly I didn't mean to say you did insult anyone.
> You didn't.

Nah! No problem.

> I was just saying or ranting that everyone has food hangups like your
> dislike of turkey and my dislike of refried beans or also another food I
> turned down withourt trying was curried goat lung...Just the idea of
> eating lung from a goat turned me off. I wouldn't do the cow eyeball or
> brains either. That's just me.

LOL! That's me too!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 12(XII)/29(XXIX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
2dys 20mins
He must have made that movie before he
died. - Yogi on Steve McQueen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anna" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:45:02 -0600, "Hairy" > wrote:
>

>>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

>>Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

> I don't have to please everyone here. I"m sorry if you don't like
> them.
> Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

Sorry. I don't have recipes of my own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anna" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:55:04 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
>>On Dec 29, 8:58 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>> Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
>>> seasoning on it.

>>Turkey is a natural match for those spices.
>>
>>Leftover-turkey burritos are to die for...
>>
>>I had turkey enchiladas once. They were okay except for the turkey. Had
>>pick that out and eat around it.

> So use chicken.

I don't like chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:02:46 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>What about turkey in mole sauce?

Mmmmm! That's good stuff! The best turkey I've ever eaten was done
that way... in a roaster and the mole was home made by her mother. I
still dream of it!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:23:48 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Alan, I wasn't insulting anyone. Just stating that I wouldn't eat it
>because it was turkey. Take the same recipe and make it with chicken or
>some other meat and I'm sure I would like it.

I'm not a big turkey fan either, Wayne.... but turkey in (granny type
homemade) mole is a must do at least once in your life.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:13:41 -0900, Anna >
wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:45:02 -0600, "Hairy" > wrote:
>

>>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
>>> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

>>Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

>I don't have to please everyone here. I"m sorry if you don't like
>them.
>Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

Your attributions are off.... Hairy called you rude.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 30 Dec 2007 12:35:57a, told us...

> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:23:48 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Alan, I wasn't insulting anyone. Just stating that I wouldn't eat it
>>because it was turkey. Take the same recipe and make it with chicken or
>>some other meat and I'm sure I would like it.

> I'm not a big turkey fan either, Wayne.... but turkey in (granny type
> homemade) mole is a must do at least once in your life.

I've had it before, Barbara, but I prefer it done with chicken thighs. I
really have a sickening aversion to turkey.

I must be highly sensitized to turkey. There are remnants of turkey breast
in the fridge that I made for David at Christmas. I can barely stand
opening the door to the fridge because of the smell of the turkey, and it's
double wrapped in plastic and then in foil. Boy, will I be glad when it's
gone.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
1dys 23hrs 25mins
If nobody minds, it doesn't matter.
--Ann Landers

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Do you have anything interesting to add to this thread?
If you have no recipes.. do you cook?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Anna" > wrote in message
> > Turkey Taco Bake

> Where are you getting these recipes from?

Does it matter?

> That doesn't sound too good either.

> And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

> Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

"Comes naturally! I just can't imagine shredded turkey with taco
seasoning on it. "

> Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

"Sorry. I don't have recipes of my own. "

> What about turkey in mole sauce?

"That doesn't sound good to me either. But I'm not really big on turkey. "
"I had turkey enchiladas once. They were okay except for the turkey. Had
pick that out and eat around it. "
"I don't like chicken. "

Regarding www.Penzeys.com

"I just looked it up. Their taco seasoning has lactose in it. I'm
allergic.
I'll stick to the spices I'm familiar with. "

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 10:57*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "hahabogus" > wrote in message

> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in news:UaEdj.1675$Xe5.295
> > @trndny09:

> >> Who uses taco seasoning?

The dumb (unt who posts as "Anna."

> > I use taco seasoning, penzeys taco seasoning...when I make a taco stew.

> I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is. *The only taco
> seasoing I've seen around here is that stuff that comes in a packet. *It's
> meant to be used in ground beef. *But it also usually has thickeners in it.

http://penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 29, 10:13*pm, Anna > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:45:02 -0600, "Hairy" > wrote:
>
> >"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> >> "Anna" > wrote in message
> . ..

> [snip recipe}
> >> Where are you getting these recipes from? *That doesn't sound too good
> >> either. *And taco seasoning? *Who uses taco seasoning?

> >Are you really trying to be rude, or does it just come naturally?

> I don't have to please everyone here. I"m sorry if you don't like
> them.
> Why not post some of your own so I can decide how terrible they are.

Actually, you don't have to please anyone here. But you (and Hairy)
should realize that when someone writes that they don't like a recipe
it's not necessarily a personal insult. No recipe can please
everyone. That said, I personally don't find recipes that simply
assemble canned goods and packaged cheeses very interesting to read.
So far you've posted things that would suit a college dorm recipe
folder. Not very interesting to those of us who have real kitchens
and like working in them. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "Julie Bove" > said:

> "Anna" > wrote in message
> > Turkey Taco Bake
> >
> > 2 c. crushed nacho chips
> > 16 oz. refried beans
> > 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
> > 1 c. salsa
> > 2 c. shredded turkey
> > 1 tsp. taco seasoning
> > 1 green onion sliced
> > 1 medium tomato chopped
> >
> > Place nacho chips in greased baking dish. Heat refried beans. Remove
> > from the heat, stir in salsa and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread over the
> > chips.
> > Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
> > Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
> > for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

I do, for tacos. As for leftover turkey, I like Mom's method of cooked
flat noodles, chunked up turkey, and leftover gravy in a casserole
dish. Simple but very good...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Christine Dabney > said:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 04:57:57 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:

> >I keep hearing of Penzeys but don't know what that is.

> Ohmygawd gal, you have to check it out...
>
> www.Penzeys.com
>
> I think there is one near Portland, OR now....

Yup:

11322 SE 82nd Ave
(503) 653-7779

Mon.-Fri.: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Sat.: 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Sun.: 11:00AM - 5:00PM

We still don't have one in Washington, sigh...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Anna" > wrote in message

<snipped>
>> Toss the turkey with taco seasoning; sprinkle over the bean mixture.
>> Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with onion. Bake uncovered at 400
>> for 20 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

> Where are you getting these recipes from? That doesn't sound too good
> either. And taco seasoning? Who uses taco seasoning?

I live right on the Mexican border. There is no such thing as "Taco
Seasoning" unless you mean the packet of laboratory-created stuff under
the ersatz "Mexican" brands that no self-respecting foodie would touch
with a ten foot pole. We do have fajita seasoning, menudo seasoning, and
bean seasoning, but no taco seasoning.

JMTCW

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> What about turkey in mole sauce?

YUM!!! Here's one I make with chicken breasts:

Mole Poblano

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts -- split
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can tomato sauce -- (8 ounces)
1/2 cup Picante sauce
4 teaspoons Cocoa -- unsweetened
1 teaspoon Ground cumin
1 teaspoon Oregano leaves -- crushed
1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
1 dash gound cloves
1 dash nutmeg
1 dash allspice

Pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness (if desired). Lightly brown in oil
in large skillet; drain.

Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over chicken in
skillet. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.

Cook and stir sauce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes and spoon
over chicken.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Taco Bake Ann McMaster Recipes (moderated) 0 04-11-2008 02:37 AM
Turkey Taco Bake Anna[_2_] Recipes 1 13-01-2008 11:23 AM
Turkey Taco Bake Anna[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-01-2008 10:12 PM
Taco Bake Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 20-10-2006 01:27 PM