FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cool Whip Frosting (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/144446-cool-whip-frosting.html)

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 04:14 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
evenly over cake

Julie Bove 30-12-2007 04:22 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Anna" > wrote in message
>1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> 1 cup milk
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>
> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> evenly over cake

Ugh. That sounds vile!

none 30-12-2007 04:30 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Anna" > wrote in message
>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> 1 cup milk
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>
>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> evenly over cake

> Ugh. That sounds vile!

Indeed... I was tempted to post a detailed description of how I doctored
up my Top Ramen noodles, just to try to out-do this. Unfortunately, the
noodles actually tasted good, so she's still got me beat.

Julie Bove 30-12-2007 04:45 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

"none" > wrote in message
t...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Anna" > wrote in message
>>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>>> 1 cup milk
>>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>>
>>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>>> evenly over cake

>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

> Indeed... I was tempted to post a detailed description of how I doctored
> up my Top Ramen noodles, just to try to out-do this. Unfortunately, the
> noodles actually tasted good, so she's still got me beat.

I think it's pretty hard to mess up Top Ramen.

none 30-12-2007 05:12 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

Julie Bove wrote:
> "none" > wrote in message
> t...
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

>> Indeed... I was tempted to post a detailed description of how I doctored
>> up my Top Ramen noodles, just to try to out-do this. Unfortunately, the
>> noodles actually tasted good, so she's still got me beat.

> I think it's pretty hard to mess up Top Ramen.

I gave it a good try!
It started out simply enough, wanting a quick snack, I tossed a block of
Top Ramen noodles into a saucepan of boiling water. Then I tossed in the
flavor packet stuff, then the last of some frozen broccoli, and then
some frozen peas, And then I peeled and chopped a carrot and tossed that
in too, and the same with a green onion. That made a pretty decent
broth, so I poured it all through a strainer and put the broth on to
boil while I beat an egg to make egg drop soup, and stirred in a drop of
sesame oil for good luck. Then I mounded the noodles and vegetables in a
bowl and poured the soup around it just like in a Chinese restaurant,
and put a few drops of Sriracha sauce and a sprinkling of toasted sesame
seeds on top. And there you are, a simple bowl of Top Ramen!

hahabogus 30-12-2007 05:23 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

none > wrote in
:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "none" > wrote in message
>> t...

>>> Indeed... I was tempted to post a detailed description of how I
>>> doctored up my Top Ramen noodles, just to try to out-do this.
>>> Unfortunately, the noodles actually tasted good, so she's still got
>>> me beat.

>> I think it's pretty hard to mess up Top Ramen.
>>

> I gave it a good try!
> It started out simply enough, wanting a quick snack, I tossed a block
> of Top Ramen noodles into a saucepan of boiling water. Then I tossed
> in the flavor packet stuff, then the last of some frozen broccoli, and
> then some frozen peas, And then I peeled and chopped a carrot and
> tossed that in too, and the same with a green onion. That made a
> pretty decent broth, so I poured it all through a strainer and put the
> broth on to boil while I beat an egg to make egg drop soup, and
> stirred in a drop of sesame oil for good luck. Then I mounded the
> noodles and vegetables in a bowl and poured the soup around it just
> like in a Chinese restaurant, and put a few drops of Sriracha sauce
> and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds on top. And there you are, a
> simple bowl of Top Ramen!

I cook the noodles in my microwave drain and add left over veggies and/or
cooked sliced mushrooms and maybe some crumbled bacon or sliced
chicken...season with aleppo pepper and celery seeds and add a little
butter and oyster sauce.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

none 30-12-2007 07:41 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

hahabogus wrote:

> I cook the noodles in my microwave drain and add left over veggies and/or
> cooked sliced mushrooms and maybe some crumbled bacon or sliced
> chicken...season with aleppo pepper and celery seeds and add a little
> butter and oyster sauce.

Good! Too many of those poor, defenseless blocks of instant noodle end
their sad existences never realizing their full potential.

Bobo Bonobo® 30-12-2007 03:35 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 29, 9:14*pm, Anna > wrote:
> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> 1 cup milk
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>
> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> evenly over cake

Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? If not, consider that
remedied. Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.

--Bryan

Ms P 30-12-2007 04:26 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On Dec 29, 9:14 pm, Anna > wrote:
> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> 1 cup milk
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>
> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> evenly over cake

Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? If not, consider that
remedied. Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.

--Bryan

Has anyone ever called you an ass??? If not consider that remedied. Only
garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

Ms P

Bobo Bonobo® 30-12-2007 04:54 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 9:26*am, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Dec 29, 9:14 pm, Anna > wrote:
>
> > 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> > 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> > 1 cup milk
> > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

> > In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> > smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> > evenly over cake

> Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? *If not, consider that
> remedied. *Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.
>
> --Bryan
>
> Has anyone ever called you an ass??? *If not consider that remedied. *Only
> garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?

You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
accompanying atherosclerosis.

> Ms P

--Bryan

Ms P 30-12-2007 05:22 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 9:26 am, "Ms P" > wrote:

> Has anyone ever called you an ass??? If not consider that remedied. Only
> garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?

You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
accompanying atherosclerosis.

> Ms P

--Bryan

I wouldn't insult her for it. My momma taught me if you can't say something
nice keep your big fat mouth shut. It's flat out not nice to insult people
for their taste, whatever it might be.

Ms P

blake murphy 30-12-2007 05:37 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:35:31 -0800 (PST), "Bobo Bonobo®"
> wrote:

>On Dec 29, 9:14*pm, Anna > wrote:
>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> 1 cup milk
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>
>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> evenly over cake

>Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? If not, consider that
>remedied. Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.
>
>--Bryan

smite her, bobo! by god's holy horn!

your pal,
blake

Bobo Bonobo® 30-12-2007 05:56 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 10:22*am, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Dec 30, 9:26 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
>

> > Has anyone ever called you an ass??? If not consider that remedied. Only
> > garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

> What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?
>
> You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
> accompanying atherosclerosis.
>

> > Ms P

> --Bryan
>
> I wouldn't insult her for it.

What if she came up and spoke to you with cat poop and Cool Whip on
her breath?

>*My momma taught
> me if you can't say something nice keep your
> big fat mouth shut. *

In all liklihood, your mother was a liar.

> It's flat out not nice to insult people
> for their taste, whatever it might be.

Guess I'm "flat out not nice."

> Ms P

--Bryan

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 05:59 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:37:59 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:35:31 -0800 (PST), "Bobo Bonobo®"
> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 29, 9:14*pm, Anna > wrote:
>>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>>> 1 cup milk
>>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>>
>>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>>> evenly over cake

>>Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? If not, consider that
>>remedied. Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.
>>
>>--Bryan

>smite her, bobo! by god's holy horn!
>
>your pal,
>blake

Sounds like the stuff your momma has been fixin for you. May you choke
on it.

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 06:00 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:54:57 -0800 (PST), "Bobo Bonobo®"
> wrote:

>On Dec 30, 9:26*am, "Ms P" > wrote:
>> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

>> On Dec 29, 9:14 pm, Anna > wrote:
>>
>> > 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> > 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> > 1 cup milk
>> > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

>> > In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> > smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> > evenly over cake

>> Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? *If not, consider that
>> remedied. *Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
>> Has anyone ever called you an ass??? *If not consider that remedied. *Only
>> garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.
>>

>What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?
>
>You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
>accompanying atherosclerosis.
>>
>> Ms P

>--Bryan

No They would never call me something they already call you.

Bobo Bonobo® 30-12-2007 06:05 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 10:59*am, Anna > wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:37:59 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>

> >On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:35:31 -0800 (PST), "Bobo Bonobo®"
> > wrote:

> >>Has anyone ever called you a piece of trash? *If not, consider that
> >>remedied. *Only garbage would prepare/serve what you posted.

> >>--Bryan

> >smite her, bobo! *by god's holy horn!

> >your pal,
> >blake

> Sounds like the stuff your momma has been fixin for you.
> May you choke on it

So, no one has ever called you out for the White trash you are? My
guess is that the pigs whom you number among your family and friends
think that recipes gotten off of the Cool Whip tub are a swell treat.

--Bryan

Jim Davis 30-12-2007 06:42 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

AMEN!!

Ms P 30-12-2007 06:45 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 10:22 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Dec 30, 9:26 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
>

> > Has anyone ever called you an ass??? If not consider that remedied. Only
> > garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

> What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?
>
> You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
> accompanying atherosclerosis.
>

> > Ms P

> --Bryan
>
> I wouldn't insult her for it.

What if she came up and spoke to you with cat poop and Cool Whip on
her breath?

I still wouldn't insult her. I have manners.

> My momma taught
> me if you can't say something nice keep your
> big fat mouth shut.

In all liklihood, your mother was a liar.

From what I can tell you were raised by wolves or something. You have no
manners.

> It's flat out not nice to insult people
> for their taste, whatever it might be.

Guess I'm "flat out not nice."

> Ms P

--Bryan

If the shoe fits and all.

Ms P

Little Malice[_4_] 30-12-2007 07:50 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

One time on Usenet, "Julie Bove" > said:
> "Anna" > wrote in message

> >1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> > 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> > 1 cup milk
> > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
> >
> > In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> > smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> > evenly over cake

> Ugh. That sounds vile!

It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
to me:

French Vanilla Frosting

1 C. milk
3 T. flour

Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
minutes. Cool completely.

1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
1 C. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
2 or 3 layer cake.

--
Jani in WA

Janet Wilder[_1_] 30-12-2007 07:57 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Anna" > wrote in message
>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> 1 cup milk
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>
>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> evenly over cake

> Ugh. That sounds vile!

At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Bobo Bonobo® 30-12-2007 08:06 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 30, 12:57*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Anna" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> >> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> >> 1 cup milk
> >> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

> >> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> >> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> >> evenly over cake

> > Ugh. *That sounds vile!

> At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" *:-)

Have you read her posts on the diabetic NG?

> --
> Janet Wilder

--Bryan

Janet Wilder[_1_] 30-12-2007 09:02 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> On Dec 30, 12:57 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

>> At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" :-)

> Have you read her posts on the diabetic NG?
>> --
>> Janet Wilder

> --Bryan

No, Bryan. I have been posting and lurking to alt.support. diabetic for
many, many years, but sometimes the "noise" just gets to me and I stop
going for months at a time.

Is she making the usuals crazy there, too? I'll have to take a look.

Happy new year!

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 09:06 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:42:26 -0800, Jim Davis

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 09:06 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:45:00 -0600, "Ms P" >
wrote:

>"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
>On Dec 30, 10:22 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
>> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

>> On Dec 30, 9:26 am, "Ms P" > wrote:
>>

>> > Has anyone ever called you an ass??? If not consider that remedied. Only
>> > garbage goes around insulting other people's taste.

>> What if she'd suggested snacking on the poop out of your catbox?
>>
>> You can have my share of her Cool Whip monstrosities, and the
>> accompanying atherosclerosis.
>>

>> > Ms P

>> --Bryan
>>
>> I wouldn't insult her for it.

>What if she came up and spoke to you with cat poop and Cool Whip on
>her breath?
>

>I still wouldn't insult her. I have manners.
>
>> My momma taught
>> me if you can't say something nice keep your
>> big fat mouth shut.

>In all liklihood, your mother was a liar.
>
>From what I can tell you were raised by wolves or something. You have no
>manners.
>

>> It's flat out not nice to insult people
>> for their taste, whatever it might be.

>Guess I'm "flat out not nice."
>>
>> Ms P

>--Bryan
>
>If the shoe fits and all.
>
>Ms P

They need to get a life and I will post whatever I want whether the
GODS on here like it or not.

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 09:07 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:50:45 GMT, (Little
Malice) wrote:

>One time on Usenet, "Julie Bove" > said:
>> "Anna" > wrote in message

>> >1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> > 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> > 1 cup milk
>> > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>> >
>> > In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> > smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> > evenly over cake

>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

>It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
>frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
>to me:
>
>French Vanilla Frosting
>
>1 C. milk
>3 T. flour
>
>Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>minutes. Cool completely.
>
>1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>1 C. granulated sugar
>2 tsp. vanilla extract
>
>Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
>2 or 3 layer cake.

Could you add cocoa to this to make it chocolate???

Anna[_2_] 30-12-2007 09:08 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:06:44 -0800 (PST), "Bobo Bonobo®"
> wrote:

>On Dec 30, 12:57*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>> > "Anna" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> > Ugh. *That sounds vile!

>> At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" *:-)

>Have you read her posts on the diabetic NG?
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder

>--Bryan

Am I the only one on here who you people can pick on. I"m sorry I"m a
little better than you and can post better things then you. Your
jealousy shows. GROW UP.
Skip by the recipes if you don't like them.

Default User 30-12-2007 10:28 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

Anna wrote:

> Am I the only one on here who you people can pick on. I"m sorry I"m a
> little better than you and can post better things then you. Your
> jealousy shows. GROW UP.
> Skip by the recipes if you don't like them.

Learn to use your killfile.

Brian

won't shut up.

Julie Bove 30-12-2007 10:59 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Little Malice" > wrote in message
> One time on Usenet, "Julie Bove" > said:
>> "Anna" > wrote in message

>> >1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>> > 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>> > 1 cup milk
>> > 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>> >
>> > In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>> > smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>> > evenly over cake

>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

> It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
> frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
> to me:
>
> French Vanilla Frosting
>
> 1 C. milk
> 3 T. flour
>
> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
> minutes. Cool completely.
>
> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
> 1 C. granulated sugar
> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>
> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
> 2 or 3 layer cake.

Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with flour in
it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets up?

Julie Bove 30-12-2007 10:59 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Anna" > wrote in message
>>> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
>>> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
>>> 1 cup milk
>>> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>>>
>>> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
>>> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
>>> evenly over cake

>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

> At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" :-)

True.

Julie Bove 30-12-2007 11:00 PM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On Dec 30, 12:57 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> > "Anna" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> >> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> >> 1 cup milk
> >> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

> >> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> >> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> >> evenly over cake

> > Ugh. That sounds vile!

> At least she didn't use sugar-free pudding and call it "Diabetic" :-)

Have you read her posts on the diabetic NG?

I have...

Mitch Scherer 31-12-2007 12:44 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Dec 29, 9:14 pm, Anna > wrote:
> 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
> 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
> 1 cup milk
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>
> In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix with milk and vanilla. Mix until
> smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Spread
> evenly over cake

I like the extra creamy cool whip. I eat it out of the tub with a big
spoon. Yum!

Mitch

No Name 31-12-2007 01:40 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:59:27 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Little Malice" > wrote in message

>>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

>> It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
>> frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
>> to me:
>>
>> French Vanilla Frosting
>>
>> 1 C. milk
>> 3 T. flour
>>
>> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>> minutes. Cool completely.
>>
>> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>> 1 C. granulated sugar
>> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>>
>> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
>> 2 or 3 layer cake.

>Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with flour in
>it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets up?

Maybe you could gradually add the milk to the consistency you like. I
know a cup does sound like a lot for this recipe.

Little Malice[_4_] 31-12-2007 03:17 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

One time on Usenet, said:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:50:45 GMT,
(Little
> Malice) wrote:

> >> Ugh. That sounds vile!

> >It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
> >frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
> >to me:
> >
> >French Vanilla Frosting
> >
> >1 C. milk
> >3 T. flour
> >
> >Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
> >minutes. Cool completely.
> >
> >1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
> >1 C. granulated sugar
> >2 tsp. vanilla extract
> >
> >Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
> >high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
> >2 or 3 layer cake.

> Could you add cocoa to this to make it chocolate???

Sure, or some melted baking chocolate. I might add a bit more
sugar to compensate. Or use melted semi-sweet. I would probably
add it after the white sauce is cooked though, if you're adding
something hot...

--
Jani in WA

Little Malice[_4_] 31-12-2007 03:18 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

One time on Usenet, "Julie Bove" > said:

> "Little Malice" > wrote in message

> >> Ugh. That sounds vile!

> > It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
> > frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
> > to me:
> >
> > French Vanilla Frosting
> >
> > 1 C. milk
> > 3 T. flour
> >
> > Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
> > minutes. Cool completely.
> >
> > 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
> > 1 C. granulated sugar
> > 2 tsp. vanilla extract
> >
> > Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
> > high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
> > 2 or 3 layer cake.

> Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with flour in
> it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets up?

We're busy with a New Year's party right now -- in a few days, I'll
have to make this and report back. I might try the chocolate idea
that Anna had too, yum... :-)

--
Jani in WA

~patches~[_3_] 31-12-2007 03:29 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:08:48 -0900, Anna wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one on here who you people can pick on.

> We pick on everyone. You seemed liks a good target
>
>> I"m sorry I"m a
>> little better than you and can post better things then you. Your
>> jealousy shows. GROW UP.
>> Skip by the recipes if you don't like them.

> Got any pictures of Pizza?
>
> -sw

I had one, but some k00ks stold it.
~patches~

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] 31-12-2007 03:37 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

On Sun 30 Dec 2007 02:59:27p, Julie Bove told us...

> "Little Malice" > wrote in message

>>> Ugh. That sounds vile!

>> It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
>> frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
>> to me:
>>
>> French Vanilla Frosting
>>
>> 1 C. milk
>> 3 T. flour
>>
>> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>> minutes. Cool completely.
>>
>> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>> 1 C. granulated sugar
>> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>>
>> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a 2
>> or 3 layer cake.

> Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with
> flour in it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets
> up?

Before folks began using cream cheese frosting on Red Velvet Cake, this was
the standard type of frosting used on it.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years
1dys 4hrs 25mins
Time was invented by an Irish guy
named O'Clock.

Julie Bove 31-12-2007 03:48 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Sun 30 Dec 2007 02:59:27p, Julie Bove told us...

>>> It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
>>> frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
>>> to me:
>>>
>>> French Vanilla Frosting
>>>
>>> 1 C. milk
>>> 3 T. flour
>>>
>>> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>>> minutes. Cool completely.
>>>
>>> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>>> 1 C. granulated sugar
>>> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>>>
>>> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>>> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a 2
>>> or 3 layer cake.

>> Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with
>> flour in it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets
>> up?
>>

> Before folks began using cream cheese frosting on Red Velvet Cake, this
> was
> the standard type of frosting used on it.

Really? I didn't know that. I never made one. My mom had some story about
Red Velvet Cake. I can't remember exactly but I want to say something like
she had an aunt she despised who always made it. So every time I mentioned
making one, she shrieked, "Nooooo!"

Ms P 31-12-2007 03:53 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...

>>> French Vanilla Frosting
>>>
>>> 1 C. milk
>>> 3 T. flour
>>>
>>> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>>> minutes. Cool completely.
>>>
>>> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>>> 1 C. granulated sugar
>>> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>>>
>>> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>>> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a 2
>>> or 3 layer cake.

> Before folks began using cream cheese frosting on Red Velvet Cake, this
> was
> the standard type of frosting used on it.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

That's where I've seen this frosting recipe! I knew I'd seen it with some
specific cake recipe but I couldn't remember which one.

Ms P

Becca[_2_] 31-12-2007 03:54 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 30 Dec 2007 02:59:27p, Julie Bove told us...

>>> It's not something I'd want to try either. I've been trying scratch
>>> frostings lately and though I haven't done this one, it sounds nice
>>> to me:
>>>
>>> French Vanilla Frosting
>>>
>>> 1 C. milk
>>> 3 T. flour
>>>
>>> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
>>> minutes. Cool completely.
>>>
>>> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
>>> 1 C. granulated sugar
>>> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>>>
>>> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
>>> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a 2
>>> or 3 layer cake.

>> Hmmm... I've made a lot of frostings in my time but never one with
>> flour in it! And that sounds like a LOT of milk. I wonder how it sets
>> up?
>>

> Before folks began using cream cheese frosting on Red Velvet Cake, this was
> the standard type of frosting used on it.

On Red Velvet Cakes, I use Seven Minute Frosting. It has been a couple
of years since I made one.

Becca

Melba's Jammin' 31-12-2007 04:07 AM

Cool Whip Frosting

In article >,
(Little Malice) wrote:

> French Vanilla Frosting
>
> 1 C. milk
> 3 T. flour
>
> Make a white sauce of above. It will be very thick. Boil for 1 few
> minutes. Cool completely.
>
> 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter
> 1 C. granulated sugar
> 2 tsp. vanilla extract
>
> Cream butter. Add sugar and vanilla. Combine white sauce and beat at
> high speed on food mixer for about 5 minutes. Makes enough to frost a
> 2 or 3 layer cake.

I've made this with Crisco. It's hard for me to get past the idea of
flour in a cake frosting. It's pretty greasy, Jani.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to