Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default separation anxiety

does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
can't shake it like i used to.

maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
with coupons or something.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote:

>does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom.

No, this does not happen to me. I've never noticed it, and
I look at the bottle I have currently and it has not separated.

Where are you buying them, Wal-Mart?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.
>
> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
> with coupons or something.

I have noticed it in the past, in the days when I didn't use it very often.
It is probably just the vinegar. I don't think any bacteria could survive
in that sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:36 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>can't shake it like i used to.

I wonder how you've contributed to this situation. Are you an
emotional co-dependent?

Taken from my new favorite show: Dog Whisperer
http://dogdoright.com/canine-seperation-anxiety.htm

Simple Program to Reduce Separation Anxiety

The following stages should be undertaken when you have some time to
spend at home, such as on a weekend. While these training steps won't
cure Tabasco Sauce Separation Anxiety completely, they will reduce the
frequency and intensity of emotional outbursts:

Stage 1 - Introduce mental separation. Completely ignore the sauce
for a period of 30 minutes while in the same room. Ignoring means: do
not touch, look at, or speak to the sauce.

Stage 2 - Introduce physical separation. Restrict the sauce's access
to you.

Stage 3 - Increase the distance of the physical separation. The sauce
is further from you, but still within sight. Combine with mental
separation.

Stage 4 - Cut off visual contact with the sauce within the same room.

Stage 5 - Move sauce into another room while you are still home.

There ya go.... that was easy, wasn't it?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.
>
> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
> with coupons or something.

It happens, Blake. No worries.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Simple Program to Reduce Separation Anxiety
>
> The following stages should be undertaken when you have some time to
> spend at home, such as on a weekend. While these training steps won't
> cure Tabasco Sauce Separation Anxiety completely, they will reduce the
> frequency and intensity of emotional outbursts:
>
> Stage 1 - Introduce mental separation. Completely ignore the sauce
> for a period of 30 minutes while in the same room. Ignoring means: do
> not touch, look at, or speak to the sauce.
>
> Stage 2 - Introduce physical separation. Restrict the sauce's access
> to you.
>
> Stage 3 - Increase the distance of the physical separation. The sauce
> is further from you, but still within sight. Combine with mental
> separation.
>
> Stage 4 - Cut off visual contact with the sauce within the same room.
>
> Stage 5 - Move sauce into another room while you are still home.
>
> There ya go.... that was easy, wasn't it?

ROTFLOL!!!!

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tabasco, red label if not used often would turn from red to a dark brown to
into the trash.

Andy

--
All Posts Blocked From: @yahoo|@gmail|@hotmail
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> does your red tabasco sauce separate?

Short answer: No

>i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.

Long answer: I buy the small bottles too and reading this thread
reminded me I had some. So... I just went to check - mine is still
perfectly fine - no separation - plus it's stored in the cupboard - and
I haven't used it in weeks....

You sure you haven't abused yours or something blake?? <veg>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.
>
> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
> with coupons or something.
>
> your pal,
> blake

http://home.att.net/~cecw/lastpage.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I buy the larger bottle - and do not see separation. The color will
change from red to a more brown color over time, and I always shake on
the assumption that there is some sedimentation. But no spearation that
I've ever seen.

As for the fellow who says "why buy Tabasco when there are so many
better sauces" ... yes there are many fine hot sauces out there, some
better for certain purposes than Tabasco. But the original Tabasco has
a unique flavor that is nonpareil in some circumstances.

On 2007-12-27 09:40:36 -0800, blake murphy > said:

> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.
>
> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
> with coupons or something.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 3:26�pm, jay > wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:53:09 GMT, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:36 GMT, blake murphy wrote:

> >> does your red tabasco sauce separate?

> > Wouldn't surprise me since it 95% vinegar and water.

> BTW.. Water is not even listed on the ingredients list of the original
> Tabasco. �Did you just make that up?

You're catching on, sqwertz makes up everything he posts, he offers no
references or inappropriate references but then accuses those who do
supply references of plagiarism... obviously sqwertz failed his GED so
has never been to college, therefore wouldn't know the difference
between attributing references and lying.

Vinegar IS 95pct water. duh

If your condiment is not settling that simply means it contains added
gums/emulsifiers, it's not better, it's impure/unnatural... those that
settle are of better quality.

SHELDON
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> If your condiment is not settling that simply means it contains added
> gums/emulsifiers, it's not better, it's impure/unnatural... those that
> settle are of better quality.

Bull.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 4:03�pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > If your condiment is not settling that simply means it contains added
> > gums/emulsifiers, it's not better, it's impure/unnatural... those that
> > settle are of better quality.

> Bull.

Stay ignorant, see if I care.

Most saucy condiments say "Shake Well Before Using" which is one
reason why they're usually sold in "Shaker" bottles... but not in your
world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Sheldon wrote:

(snip)
> . . condiment is not settling that simply means it contains added
> gums/emulsifiers, it's not better, it's impure/unnatural... those that
> settle are of better quality.
>
> SHELDON

There are way too many known and unknown variables that can and/or
cannot be combined to determine whether or not any condiment is subject
to "sedimentation," regardless of the condiment's natural and/or
non-natural ingredients and potential additives. Factors such as
weather conditions (temperature, humidity, barometric pressure,
altitude, etc.), geography, container component(s), manufacturing and/or
processing settings, quality of ingredients and other nonparticular
components, etc. are too unpredictable to always guarantee any given
sets of specific results that might or might not result in a superior
product. Sedimentation in any condiment does not always indicate it's
due to the lack of "added gums/ejulsifiers."

Sky, who probably should've refrained from response ']

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:51:03 GMT, AxisOfBeagles wrote:
>
>> But the original Tabasco has
>> a unique flavor that is nonpareil in some circumstances.

> Absolutely! Squirts showed his ignorance on this one. The pepper/hot
> sauce competitors have chased Tabasco for ever and none have even come
> close to closing in on the market share that Tabasco (original)
> commands world wide.

Well, by such argument McDonald's makes the best burger in the world :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:54:03 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> jay wrote:

>>> Absolutely! Squirts showed his ignorance on this one. The
>>> pepper/hot sauce competitors have chased Tabasco for ever and none
>>> have even come close to closing in on the market share that Tabasco
>>> (original) commands world wide.

>> Well, by such argument McDonald's makes the best burger in the world
>> :-)

> I'm sure many will agree with you, probably even squirts.

Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who think
otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:17:57 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:

> jay wrote:

>>> Well, by such argument McDonald's makes the best burger in the world
>>> :-)

>> I'm sure many will agree with you, probably even squirts.

> Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who think
> otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco don't buy
it. Look up the word nonpareil.

jay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:17:57 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> jay wrote:

>>> I'm sure many will agree with you, probably even squirts.

>> Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who
>> think otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

> It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco
> don't buy it. Look up the word nonpareil.

Whooosh!! You used market share as an example of quality, therefore your
argument falls flat on its face.

BTW, I like tabasco.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:21:40 -0600, jay > wrote:

>Look up the word nonpareil.

Oh, that's easy... it's candy!
http://www.bulkfoods.com/pictures/20..._nonpareil.jpg

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:21:40 -0600, jay > wrote:
>
>> Look up the word nonpareil.

> Oh, that's easy... it's candy!
> http://www.bulkfoods.com/pictures/20..._nonpareil.jpg

ROTFLOL!!
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

> jay wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:51:03 GMT, AxisOfBeagles wrote:
> >
> >> But the original Tabasco has
> >> a unique flavor that is nonpareil in some circumstances.

> > Absolutely! Squirts showed his ignorance on this one. The pepper/hot
> > sauce competitors have chased Tabasco for ever and none have even come
> > close to closing in on the market share that Tabasco (original)
> > commands world wide.

> Well, by such argument McDonald's makes the best burger in the world :-)

My thoughts exactly. The sad reality is that the most popular products are
those that have been dumbed down so as not to offend people, not enhanced
to appeal to those with the most discerning tastes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> >> I'm sure many will agree with you, probably even squirts.

> > Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who think
> > otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

> It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco don't buy
> it. Look up the word nonpareil.

WTF does the definition of nonpareil have to do with whether or not Tabasco
sauce is the best? The argument is whether or not is is nonpareil.
Aficionados of hot sauces may not think so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>> > Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who think
>> > otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

>> It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco don't
>> buy
>> it. Look up the word nonpareil.

> WTF does the definition of nonpareil have to do with whether or not
> Tabasco
> sauce is the best? The argument is whether or not is is nonpareil.
> Aficionados of hot sauces may not think so.

Perhaps a clue:
http://www.wordreference.com/fren/pareil

Or, maybe not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 5:45�pm, Sky > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> (snip)
> > . . condiment is not settling that simply means it contains added
> > gums/emulsifiers, it's not better, it's impure/unnatural... those that
> > settle are of better quality.

> > SHELDON

> There are way too many known and unknown variables that can and/or
> cannot be combined to determine whether or not any condiment is subject
> to "sedimentation," regardless of the condiment's natural and/or
> non-natural ingredients and potential additives. �Factors such as
> weather conditions (temperature, humidity, barometric pressure,
> altitude, etc.), geography, container component(s), manufacturing and/or
> processing settings, quality of ingredients and other nonparticular
> components, etc. are too unpredictable to always guarantee any given
> sets of specific results that might or might not result in a superior
> product. �Sedimentation in any condiment does not always indicate it's
> due to the lack of "added gums/ejulsifiers."
>
> Sky, who probably should've refrained from response ']

Yes, sqwertz... moron.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> >> It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco don't
> >> buy
> >> it. Look up the word nonpareil.

> > WTF does the definition of nonpareil have to do with whether or not
> > Tabasco
> > sauce is the best? The argument is whether or not is is nonpareil.
> > Aficionados of hot sauces may not think so.

> Perhaps a clue:
> http://www.wordreference.com/fren/pareil
>
> Or, maybe not.

Not.
I know what nonpareil means. Looking it up gives no clue as to why Tabasco
sauce is without equal. She might have tired to explain how that
particular sauce is without equal, is superior to others, or what
characteristics of that particular sauce would rank it higher than others.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> Looking it up gives no clue as to why Tabasco
> sauce is without equal.

Perhaps they use splenda?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Dave Smith > wrote in
> :
>
>> Looking it up gives no clue as to why Tabasco
>> sauce is without equal.

> Perhaps they use splenda?

:-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
> can't shake it like i used to.
>
> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
> with coupons or something.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I've never noticed Tabasco separating, but I have noticed that it turns
brownish-green if forgotten in the back of the pantry for 17 years.
The weird thing is, after sitting near a sunny window for a couple of
days, it started turning red again. I still don't think I'll use it.
I prefer Frank's sauce anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:36 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had
>> a thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no
>> safety worries, just that i don't recall this happening before.
>> maybe i just can't shake it like i used to.
>>

> I wonder how you've contributed to this situation. Are you an
> emotional co-dependent?
>
> Taken from my new favorite show: Dog Whisperer
> http://dogdoright.com/canine-seperation-anxiety.htm
>
> Simple Program to Reduce Separation Anxiety
>
> The following stages should be undertaken when you have some time to
> spend at home, such as on a weekend. While these training steps won't
> cure Tabasco Sauce Separation Anxiety completely, they will reduce the
> frequency and intensity of emotional outbursts:
>
> Stage 1 - Introduce mental separation. Completely ignore the sauce
> for a period of 30 minutes while in the same room. Ignoring means: do
> not touch, look at, or speak to the sauce.
>
> Stage 2 - Introduce physical separation. Restrict the sauce's access
> to you.
>
> Stage 3 - Increase the distance of the physical separation. The sauce
> is further from you, but still within sight. Combine with mental
> separation.
>
> Stage 4 - Cut off visual contact with the sauce within the same room.
>
> Stage 5 - Move sauce into another room while you are still home.
>
> There ya go.... that was easy, wasn't it?

ROFL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:41:51 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>Tabasco, red label if not used often would turn from red to a dark brown to
>into the trash.
>
>Andy

yes, i'm familiar with this (ketchup and sriracha, too). tabasco
doesn't last long enough for me to have that happen.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:39:42 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>> can't shake it like i used to.
>>
>> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
>> with coupons or something.

>It happens, Blake. No worries.

i guess it's the 'sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't' aspect
that's puzzling me.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:36 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate?

>Wouldn't surprise me since it 95% vinegar and water.
>
>With so many better ot sauces, why Tabasco? I'll buy their
>Habanero, but that's it.
>
>-sw

i also have sriracha and bufalo chipotle and some others. tabasco is
mostly for bloody marys and bean soup.

the habanera is hotter, no? i haven't tried it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:22:18 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate?

>Short answer: No
>
>>i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>> can't shake it like i used to.

>Long answer: I buy the small bottles too and reading this thread
>reminded me I had some. So... I just went to check - mine is still
>perfectly fine - no separation - plus it's stored in the cupboard - and
>I haven't used it in weeks....
>
>You sure you haven't abused yours or something blake?? <veg>

i may have said something rude to it when i saw it separated.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:11:18 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>> can't shake it like i used to.
>>
>> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
>> with coupons or something.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake
>>

>http://home.att.net/~cecw/lastpage.htm

shit, no more porn? maybe they'll add some later today.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I buy the larger bottle - and do not see separation. The color will
>change from red to a more brown color over time, and I always shake on
>the assumption that there is some sedimentation. But no spearation that
>I've ever seen.
>
>As for the fellow who says "why buy Tabasco when there are so many
>better sauces" ... yes there are many fine hot sauces out there, some
>better for certain purposes than Tabasco. But the original Tabasco has
>a unique flavor that is nonpareil in some circumstances.

that's my feeling also. i don't have much experience with jamaican or
other carribean sauces, but of american sauces of that style (crystal,
pete's, etc.), i like tabasco best. (except pete's for buffalo
wings.)

your pal,
blake

>On 2007-12-27 09:40:36 -0800, blake murphy > said:
>
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>> can't shake it like i used to.
>>
>> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
>> with coupons or something.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:21:40 -0600, jay > wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:17:57 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> jay wrote:

>>> I'm sure many will agree with you, probably even squirts.

>> Yup, many people agree that you gave a faulty example. Those who think
>> otherwise believe McDonalds is burger heaven.

>It wasn't an example. It was a fact. If you don't like Tabasco don't buy
>it. Look up the word nonpareil.
>

>jay

a lot of people complain that tabasco is too vinegary, but i think
it's a feature, not a bug.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:38:15 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:53:09 GMT, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:40:36 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>>
>>> does your red tabasco sauce separate?

>>Wouldn't surprise me since it 95% vinegar and water.
>>
>>With so many better ot sauces, why Tabasco? I'll buy their
>>Habanero, but that's it.
>>
>>-sw

>i also have sriracha and bufalo chipotle and some others. tabasco is
>mostly for bloody marys and bean soup.
>
>the habanera is hotter, no? i haven't tried it.

I don't find the habanero hotter at all. But I like the flavor much
better. Nothing like the red. Try it, it's good stuff. World market
had something called Iguana sauce that's great too. I don't know if
they still have it.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:33:10 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 22:48:03 GMT, jay wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:51:03 GMT, AxisOfBeagles wrote:
>>
>>> But the original Tabasco has
>>> a unique flavor that is nonpareil in some circumstances.

>> Absolutely! Squirts showed his ignorance on this one. The pepper/hot
>> sauce competitors have chased Tabasco for ever and none have even come
>> close to closing in on the market share that Tabasco (original) commands
>> world wide.

>Tabasco has only brand recognition, not flavor. Every hot sauce
>aficionado will tell you that. Tabasco is for sissies who like
>to pretend they're men. And since there are more sissies than
>men, it stands to reason they'd sell more sissy products than
>real men products.
>
>-sw

this is rubbish. you may prefer *other* flavors, but to say tabasco
has no flavor is nonsense.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:16:40 -0800, none >
wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>> does your red tabasco sauce separate? i buy the small bottles, don't
>> refrigerate them, and in a day's time two different bottles have had a
>> thin clear layer of i presume vinegar on the bottom. i have no safety
>> worries, just that i don't recall this happening before. maybe i just
>> can't shake it like i used to.
>>
>> maybe i'll go to the web site and see if they'll try to mollify me
>> with coupons or something.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake
>>

>I've never noticed Tabasco separating, but I have noticed that it turns
>brownish-green if forgotten in the back of the pantry for 17 years.
>The weird thing is, after sitting near a sunny window for a couple of
>days, it started turning red again. I still don't think I'll use it.
>I prefer Frank's sauce anyway.

how odd. i've never heard of sunlight 'rejuvenating' the color.

your pal,
blake