Old 27-12-2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nutmeg vs. Mace

On Thu 27 Dec 2007 10:43:10a, Janet Baraclough told us...

The message
from "Michael Kuettner" contains these words:

Nutmeg is the nut; mace is the blossom.

It's not the blossom. Mace is a lacy layer covering the nutmeg , both
are contained within an outer layer.

see a pic of how they fit together at

http://www.picturescolourlibrary.co....go/2166366.jpg

Janet

Yes, I knew that, but apparently Michael did not. I use blades of mace
with certain pickles that I make. A couple of times I have bought the
nutmeg with the mace still surrounding it.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thursday, 12(XII)/27(XXVII)/07(MMVII)
Countdown till New Years