Old 19-12-2007, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Imperia Pasta defunct?

I've just arrived home in Australia after travelling through Italy. A
couple of times there I tried to buy a spaghetti cutter attachment for
my Imperia 150 pasta machine -- finally the message emerged that the
Imperia company had closed down.
Has anyone else heard this very sad news? I fortunately found a
supplier here in Australia on my return but that doesn't really offset
the news..... I guess the flood of cheap Chinese copies has finally
killed the original company.

Old 19-12-2007, 01:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:45:45 -0800 (PST), anthony
wrote:

I've just arrived home in Australia after travelling through Italy. A
couple of times there I tried to buy a spaghetti cutter attachment for
my Imperia 150 pasta machine -- finally the message emerged that the
Imperia company had closed down.
Has anyone else heard this very sad news? I fortunately found a
supplier here in Australia on my return but that doesn't really offset
the news.....

Did you try this place? http://www.fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#imperia
Imperia Round Spaghetti Attachment $24.99

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Old 20-12-2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

anthony wrote:

finally the message emerged that the
Imperia company had closed down.
Has anyone else heard this very sad news?

Their Web site is still up, so maybe the news is a canard. See
http://www.imperia.com/.

Victor
Old 26-12-2007, 04:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi anthony,
who is the melbourne supplier you have found?
Im wanting to purchase a ravioli attatchment?
The fante site is for US shipment only.
Thanks