Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-12-16) New survey on the RFC site: Caviar

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Saw this in the news:

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technol...239161,00.html

Here's an excerpt...

<quote>
Snail's egg caviar anyone?
16/12/2007 14:00 - (SA)

Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound like a
challenge to the taste buds, but the salty, pink-white delicacy could be
gracing hundreds of French tables this Christmas....
</quote>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:54:29 +0200:

C> Saw this in the news:

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technol...239161,00.html

C> Here's an excerpt...

C> <quote>
C> Snail's egg caviar anyone?
C> 16/12/2007 14:00 - (SA)

C> Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound
C> like a challenge to the taste buds, but the salty,
C> pink-white delicacy could be gracing hundreds of French
C> tables this Christmas.... </quote>

Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do
eat snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic
about caviar except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar
and I can't bring myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't
really caviar, even if they sometimes call them that, but can be
quite good if absolutely fresh in sushi.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:54:29 +0200:
>
> C> Saw this in the news:
>

> http://www.news24.com/News24/Technol...239161,00.html
>
> C> Here's an excerpt...
>
> C> <quote>
> C> Snail's egg caviar anyone?
> C> 16/12/2007 14:00 - (SA)
>
> C> Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound
> C> like a challenge to the taste buds, but the salty,
> C> pink-white delicacy could be gracing hundreds of French
> C> tables this Christmas.... </quote>
>
> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do eat
> snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic about caviar
> except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar and I can't bring
> myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't really caviar, even if they
> sometimes call them that, but can be quite good if absolutely fresh in
> sushi.

I think sturgeon caviar is 'overrated' - but that's just my humble
opinion. Tried it and it was OK <shrug> but not worth the price. I do
like snails done in cream, garlic and white wine sauce tho'. As for the
'snail caviar' - think I'll give it a miss
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton > wrote in message
[Snip Snail Eggs Article]
> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but
> people do eat snails (once only for me)!

It's too much work for simple garlic-and-butter. But, like you, I
can say that I've tried them and that's enough.

> I'm not all that enthusiastic about caviar except for the
> real thing: imported sturgeon caviar and I can't bring
> myself to pay for it.

Ditto that; since I have to ask, price does matter.

> Salmon eggs aren't really caviar, even if they sometimes
> call them that, but can be quite good if absolutely fresh
> in sushi.

Tobiko is so much better than ikura. I love the Poprock-like
texture tobiko offers -- and you really can judge a sushi
restaurant by how they keep their tobiko...

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The wrote on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 07:15:01 -0800:

TR> James Silverton > wrote in
TR> message news:89b9j.1049$0T3.707@trnddc08...
TR> [Snip Snail Eggs Article]
??>> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but
??>> people do eat snails (once only for me)!

TR> It's too much work for simple garlic-and-butter. But, like
TR> you, I can say that I've tried them and that's enough.

??>> I'm not all that enthusiastic about caviar except for the
??>> real thing: imported sturgeon caviar and I can't bring
??>> myself to pay for it.

TR> Ditto that; since I have to ask, price does matter.

??>> Salmon eggs aren't really caviar, even if they sometimes
??>> call them that, but can be quite good if absolutely fresh
??>> in sushi.

TR> Tobiko is so much better than ikura. I love the
TR> Poprock-like texture tobiko offers -- and you really can
TR> judge a sushi restaurant by how they keep their tobiko...

You are right of course about that criterion for judging sushi
restaurants but I think you might use the English translations
of tobiko and ikura for the benefit of others. I like sushi and
eat it often but I've never tried to learn the Japanese names
even if I can remember a number of them.

My own preference anyway is to be very careful about using
words from languages that I do not speak :-) I can get into
trouble even in English; unlike my sailing friends, I don't know
what it is to "Splice the marlin spike" or whatever!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton > wrote in message
[snip]
> you might use the English translations of tobiko and
> ikura for the benefit of others.

[snip]

Tobiko - Flying Fish Roe
Ikura - Salmon Roe

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Hmmm - snails' eggs - think I'll pass on that one.
Can't say I like fish eggs - have tried sturgeon caviar and imposters
and I'll pass on those, too. My Mum would buy herring - if it had a
soft roe, I loved it but if it had a hard roe (all the eggs) I detested
all those little bitty gritty things. Ugh - some childhood memories!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:23:39 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> unlike my sailing friends, I don't know
>what it is to "Splice the marlin spike" or whatever!

That would be "Splice the main brace"
which would be either mend the fore stay, or (more likely) have a
drink. The next time one of your sailing friends cause you grief, tell
them to "take it abaf the after taff rail", which will direct them to
jump overboard at the stern.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:05:40 GMT, "James Silverton"
> fired up random neurons and synapses
to opine:

>Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do
>eat snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic
>about caviar except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar
>and I can't bring myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't
>really caviar, even if they sometimes call them that, but can be
>quite good if absolutely fresh in sushi.

I gave California "caviar" a try when the LA Times endorsed a CA
caviar company, Ster***g Caviar. Very disappointing. Completely
tasteless. OTOH, sometimes the phrase "you get what you pay for" does
translate to "caveat emptor," uh-huh. And I wonder if the food section
reporter who touted the company now has a time share in Hawaii.

And the best caviar, the Beluga, may face extinction due to illegal
poaching, overfishing, and pollution of the Caspian Sea. Whattheheck,
I wouldn't generally pay those prices anyway, but it's a shame that
the opportunity to do so may be taken away because we two legged
idiots can't see beyond our own generation.

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
I never thought I would miss Nixon.

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 9:54 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Saw this in the news:
>
> http://www.news24.com/News24/Technol...443_2239161,00....
>
> Here's an excerpt...
>
> <quote>
> Snail's egg caviar anyone?
> 16/12/2007 14:00 - (SA)
>
> Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound like a
> challenge to the taste buds, but the salty, pink-white delicacy could be
> gracing hundreds of French tables this Christmas....
> </quote>

Do not understand the allure of fish roe. I've only had it a couple
of times, but it left me wondering why people waste their money on
it. I guess it's like beets. Some folks likes it, and some folks
don't.

maxine "let the eggs grow up and eat them then" in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 05:27:15a, maxine in ri meant to say...

> On Dec 16, 9:54 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Saw this in the news:
>>
>> http://www.news24.com/News24/Technol...443_2239161,00....
>>
>> Here's an excerpt...
>>
>> <quote>
>> Snail's egg caviar anyone?
>> 16/12/2007 14:00 - (SA)
>>
>> Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound like a
>> challenge to the taste buds, but the salty, pink-white delicacy could be
>> gracing hundreds of French tables this Christmas....
>> </quote>

> Do not understand the allure of fish roe. I've only had it a couple
> of times, but it left me wondering why people waste their money on
> it. I guess it's like beets. Some folks likes it, and some folks
> don't.
>
> maxine "let the eggs grow up and eat them then" in ri

I'm with you on that one, Maxine!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote

> Do not understand the allure of fish roe. I've only had it a couple
> of times, but it left me wondering why people waste their money on
> it. I guess it's like beets. Some folks likes it, and some folks
> don't.
>
> maxine "let the eggs grow up and eat them then" in ri

I've had caviar a couple of times, it is not something I care to eat.
It was a pile of crunchy salt, if I remember correctly. So one year
when we were dirt poor and had no business going to a fancy place
to eat, we had New Year's in this really nice local restaurant. Ron
took a big gob of caviar on a cracker (whatever). I watched to see
if he'd like it. The look on his face was priceless. The answer was
No. (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine wrote:

> Do not understand the allure of fish roe. �I've only had it a couple
> of times, but it left me wondering why people waste their money on
> it.

That's because when you think of roe you only think of caviar
(processed roe, not fresh roe)... poached freshwater roe in fish stock
is wonderful, hot or cold in aspic, in real gefilte fish (stuffed
fish... not fish balls, not the mystery fish trash in jars); roe from
carp, whitefish, pike.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/4412189.html

http://www.soupsong.com/rczfish.html

http://www.soupsong.com/rhalaszl.html

SHELDON
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> As for the original topic, am I inclined to eat slug eggs. That would
>> be a no way.
>>
>> nancy

> I didn't read the original start of the thread. I don't even know what slug
> eggs are. I'd probably try them at least once
>
> Mikey <- he eats anything

Well, the article I quoted said:

"Joel Schaeffer, a top chef from Luxembourg, describes the taste as
woody, salty, with a hint of rosemary, well suited to nutty ingredients
such as truffle."

So maybe you'll like it

Thanks for the Mugshot, BTW - about darn time!!
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 09:09:12a, Michael "Dog3" meant to say...

> ChattyCathy > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>> "Nancy Young" > dropped this
>>> : in
>>> rec.food.cooking

>>> I didn't read the original start of the thread. I don't even know
>>> what slug eggs are. I'd probably try them at least once
>>>
>>> Mikey <- he eats anything

>> Well, the article I quoted said:
>>
>> "Joel Schaeffer, a top chef from Luxembourg, describes the taste as
>> woody, salty, with a hint of rosemary, well suited to nutty
>> ingredients such as truffle."
>>
>> So maybe you'll like it
>>
>> Thanks for the Mugshot, BTW - about darn time!!

> It's horrible. I am the least photogenic person I know of. That is why I
> never sent you one. I just hate the way I look in photographs.
>
> Michael

Don't be silly, Michael! There's absolutely nothing wrong with that photo.
I am hardly photogenic myself, as you can judge from my mugshot. I look
like I'm 80 years old.

We're all just glad to have you aboard!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
6.121...
> ChattyCathy > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>> "Nancy Young" > dropped this
>>> : in
>>> rec.food.cooking

>>> I didn't read the original start of the thread. I don't even know
>>> what slug eggs are. I'd probably try them at least once
>>>
>>> Mikey <- he eats anything

>> Well, the article I quoted said:
>>
>> "Joel Schaeffer, a top chef from Luxembourg, describes the taste as
>> woody, salty, with a hint of rosemary, well suited to nutty
>> ingredients such as truffle."
>>
>> So maybe you'll like it
>>
>> Thanks for the Mugshot, BTW - about darn time!!

> It's horrible. I am the least photogenic person I know of. That is why I
> never sent you one. I just hate the way I look in photographs.
>
> Michael

Maybe someday there will be a page for camcording - or maybe post a link
under your picture to a youtube video cooking something you especially like.

Blue eyes,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message >>

>> It's horrible. I am the least photogenic person I know of. That is why I
>> never sent you one. I just hate the way I look in photographs.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Don't be silly, Michael! There's absolutely nothing wrong with that
> photo.
> I am hardly photogenic myself, as you can judge from my mugshot. I look
> like I'm 80 years old.
>
> We're all just glad to have you aboard!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

It doesn't seem fair that so many look so different than what they are
inside. :-((

There are still regular posters that I would like to see their outward
beings.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 17, 6:00 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Now that you mention it, a friend of mine would make this
> appetizer of fluffy scrambled eggs and it would have caviar
> sprinkled over the top. That was nice, you didn't get a gob of
> the stuff.

I'm on the other side of this spectrum. I love caviar in all its
varieties, by itself, as an ingredient, as a garnish. My favorite is
probably the classic caviar with blinis and sour cream. Toast and
champagne are great with it, too, a la James Bond. We took a trip
with a tour group to Russia once and they served caviar in some form
nearly every day. About 1/3 of the group didn't like it and I had no
qualms about hopping from table to table relieving those people of
their unwanted treats. When I began sharing these extras with the
Russian tour guide the whole trip got friendlier.... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 17, 9:28 am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> aem > dropped this news:f426fde6-192b-43a8-8ea9-
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
> .... When I began sharing these extras with the
> > Russian tour guide the whole trip got friendlier.... -aem

> Was vodka involved
>
> Michael

Of course. Often. Ice cold, neat. But we got our Russian crystal
decanter and shot glasses in Helsinki. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright schrieb :
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 05:27:15a, maxine in ri meant to say...
>
>> maxine "let the eggs grow up and eat them then" in ri
>>

> I'm with you on that one, Maxine!

Hm ?
I shudder to think of your cookies :

flour
sugar
milk
butter
grated chocolate
1 chicken

Separate chicken and feathers.
Beat chicken until stiff.
Mix in other ingredients.
Bake in the oven until done.
Let it cool, apply icing and decorate with the feathers.

;-)

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:09:12 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>It's horrible. I am the least photogenic person I know of. That is why I
>never sent you one. I just hate the way I look in photographs.

If you'd just smile, you would be stunningly handsome. As it is,
you're awfully darned cute.

Hey, I just discovered Blinky and Dora (Limey) there too. When did
they sneak in?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:21:43 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> There's absolutely nothing wrong with that photo.

Ditto
>I am hardly photogenic myself, as you can judge from my mugshot. I look
>like I'm 80 years old.

Don't be silly. You can't be a day over 79...
oh, I'm just kidding and you know it. LOL

You appear open and friendly in the mugshot! Yes, you look like a
very NICE person.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Soissons, France - Snail's egg caviar anyone? It may sound like a
> challenge to the taste buds, but the salty, pink-white delicacy could be
> gracing hundreds of French tables this Christmas....

Where else but France would they come up with a gourmet treat from the
things that most people who automatically throw away? ... along with the
creature it was attached to.

I am reminded of an incident in a very quaint auberge in the Lorraine when
I was there 5 years ago. We were driving a rental car from Germany, had
visited the battlefield at Verdun and went for a nice lunch because it was
cool and rainy. The place was rustic to say the least. Part way through our
meal the owner, who also drives a cab in the city, came in muttering in
France about the rain and how it brings out the escargot and how we French
love escargots but you Germans (by the licence plate on the car) don't eat
them.

Great meal...... a carrot salad with shredded carrot, lots of garlic, salt,
pepper and vinaigrette dressing, pasta with a freshly made tomato sauce and
turkey meat, flan for dessert and a 1/4 litre of wine for 50 FF, about $10.
It came with lots of fresh baguette, which was leaning against the
fireplace to warm.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do
> eat snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic
> about caviar except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar
> and I can't bring myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't
> really caviar, even if they sometimes call them that, but can be
> quite good if absolutely fresh in sushi.

The only time I saw caviar being sold in a decent quantity was in a store
in Denmark. it came in a small cookie tin type of container, about 2 inches
high and 6 inches in diameter..... $1200 per can.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:52:10 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>James Silverton wrote:
>>

>> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do
>> eat snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic
>> about caviar except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar
>> and I can't bring myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't
>> really caviar, even if they sometimes call them that, but can be
>> quite good if absolutely fresh in sushi.

>The only time I saw caviar being sold in a decent quantity was in a store
>in Denmark. it came in a small cookie tin type of container, about 2 inches
>high and 6 inches in diameter..... $1200 per can.

How do you think that's going to work in a $40 a week budget? <eg>

Couldn't resist it.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 02:04:55p, Michael Kuettner meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright schrieb :
>> Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 05:27:15a, maxine in ri meant to say...
>>
>>> maxine "let the eggs grow up and eat them then" in ri
>>>

>> I'm with you on that one, Maxine!
>>

> Hm ?
> I shudder to think of your cookies :
>
> flour
> sugar
> milk
> butter
> grated chocolate
> 1 chicken
>
> Separate chicken and feathers.
> Beat chicken until stiff.
> Mix in other ingredients.
> Bake in the oven until done.
> Let it cool, apply icing and decorate with the feathers.
>
> ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Kuettner

That might be very interesting...at least to look at! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 03:48:58p, meant to say...

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:21:43 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>> There's absolutely nothing wrong with that photo. Ditto
>>I am hardly photogenic myself, as you can judge from my mugshot. I look
>>like I'm 80 years old.

> Don't be silly. You can't be a day over 79...
> oh, I'm just kidding and you know it. LOL
>
> You appear open and friendly in the mugshot! Yes, you look like a
> very NICE person.

Thank you, Barbara. But a lot of 80 year olds look like very NICE people.
:-)

Honestly, I don't really care how old I look. It's more important that I
feel good, feel not as old as I am at almost 63, and have a happy life.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:34:47 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Honestly, I don't really care how old I look. It's more important that I
>feel good, feel not as old as I am at almost 63, and have a happy life.

What month is your birthday? Just curious.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> James Silverton wrote:
>>

>> Must be a lot of work to get enough for a serving but people do
>> eat snails (once only for me)! I'm not all that enthusiastic
>> about caviar except for the real thing: imported sturgeon caviar
>> and I can't bring myself to pay for it. Salmon eggs aren't
>> really caviar, even if they sometimes call them that, but can be
>> quite good if absolutely fresh in sushi.

> The only time I saw caviar being sold in a decent quantity was in a store
> in Denmark. it came in a small cookie tin type of container, about 2
> inches
> high and 6 inches in diameter..... $1200 per can.

Did someone point it out to you or were you just sauntering by and saw it?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 07:53:20p, meant to say...

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:34:47 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Honestly, I don't really care how old I look. It's more important that I
>>feel good, feel not as old as I am at almost 63, and have a happy life.

> What month is your birthday? Just curious.

January and Aquarian.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 03:48:58p, meant to say...
>
>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:21:43 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> There's absolutely nothing wrong with that photo. Ditto
>>>I am hardly photogenic myself, as you can judge from my mugshot. I look
>>>like I'm 80 years old.

>> Don't be silly. You can't be a day over 79...
>> oh, I'm just kidding and you know it. LOL
>>
>> You appear open and friendly in the mugshot! Yes, you look like a
>> very NICE person.
>>

> Thank you, Barbara. But a lot of 80 year olds look like very NICE people.
> :-)
>
> Honestly, I don't really care how old I look. It's more important that I
> feel good, feel not as old as I am at almost 63, and have a happy life.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

A younger man in his 50's in our computer club just died today. Not so long
ago he was in his prime. The important thing is health and happiness --
let's face it, one can't get back that youthful appearance; not even the
Hollywood stars; god know they try hard enough.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:59:42 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>A younger man in his 50's in our computer club just died today. Not so long
>ago he was in his prime. The important thing is health and happiness --

Absolutely! And the older I get the more I appreciate it.

sf
who did a belly flop on the sidewalk last September after tripping
over something that shouldn't have been there and whose knees don't
feel the same as a result.... but hoping it's just soft tissue damage
which will be better in 6 months or so.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 07:59:42p, Dee.Dee meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 3.184...
>> Oh pshaw, on Mon 17 Dec 2007 03:48:58p, meant to say...
>>
>>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:21:43 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

>>> Don't be silly. You can't be a day over 79...
>>> oh, I'm just kidding and you know it. LOL
>>>
>>> You appear open and friendly in the mugshot! Yes, you look like a
>>> very NICE person.
>>>

>> Thank you, Barbara. But a lot of 80 year olds look like very NICE
>> people.
>> :-)
>>
>> Honestly, I don't really care how old I look. It's more important that
>> I feel good, feel not as old as I am at almost 63, and have a happy
>> life.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> A younger man in his 50's in our computer club just died today. Not so
> long ago he was in his prime. The important thing is health and
> happiness -- let's face it, one can't get back that youthful
> appearance; not even the Hollywood stars; god know they try hard enough.
>
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee, your points are well taken. Thank you!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December(XII) 16th(XVI),2007(MMVII)

Today is: Third Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
1wks 6hrs 6mins 51secs
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on
me into the garbage can just because.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" wrote:

> > The only time I saw caviar being sold in a decent quantity was in a store
> > in Denmark. it came in a small cookie tin type of container, about 2
> > inches
> > high and 6 inches in diameter..... $1200 per can.

> Did someone point it out to you or were you just sauntering by and saw it?
> Dee Dee

Our hostess pointed it out. I had a cappuccino and a raspberry tart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> "Dee.Dee" wrote:
>>
>> > The only time I saw caviar being sold in a decent quantity was in a
>> > store
>> > in Denmark. it came in a small cookie tin type of container, about 2
>> > inches
>> > high and 6 inches in diameter..... $1200 per can.

>> Did someone point it out to you or were you just sauntering by and saw
>> it?
>> Dee Dee

> Our hostess pointed it out. I had a cappuccino and a raspberry tart.

Intelligent choice!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:59:42 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>>
>>A younger man in his 50's in our computer club just died today. Not so
>>long
>>ago he was in his prime. The important thing is health and happiness --

> Absolutely! And the older I get the more I appreciate it.
>
> sf
> who did a belly flop on the sidewalk last September after tripping
> over something that shouldn't have been there and whose knees don't
> feel the same as a result.... but hoping it's just soft tissue damage
> which will be better in 6 months or so.

When we were living in our camper for a year traveling, one day I was
looking around while in a parking lot, and there was a cement block divider
(not painted yellow, of course) which I did a belly-flop over. I had been
playing a little golf, and it had to stop. It was one year before it was
healed. I was traveling, so I never thought to take the time or energy to
xray it, but I don't think that would've done any good to know; I heard that
if it was broken, that's just the way it was, that it took time. (One knee
only! thank goodness)

That was in 1992, and I remember it well.
Good luck -- get plenty of nutrients.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:15:56 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

> When we were living in our camper for a year traveling, one day I was
>looking around while in a parking lot, and there was a cement block divider
>(not painted yellow, of course) which I did a belly-flop over. I had been
>playing a little golf, and it had to stop. It was one year before it was
>healed. I was traveling, so I never thought to take the time or energy to
>xray it, but I don't think that would've done any good to know; I heard that
>if it was broken, that's just the way it was, that it took time. (One knee
>only! thank goodness)

Thanks, Dee. I don't think anything was broken. I've broken bones
before, so I know what that feels like. I'll up my expectation of
feeling better from 6 months to one year.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:15:56 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>>
>> When we were living in our camper for a year traveling, one day I was
>> looking around while in a parking lot, and there was a cement block
>> divider (not painted yellow, of course) which I did a belly-flop
>> over. I had been playing a little golf, and it had to stop. It was
>> one year before it was healed. I was traveling, so I never thought
>> to take the time or energy to xray it, but I don't think that
>> would've done any good to know; I heard that if it was broken,
>> that's just the way it was, that it took time. (One knee only!
>> thank goodness)

> Thanks, Dee. I don't think anything was broken. I've broken bones
> before, so I know what that feels like. I'll up my expectation of
> feeling better from 6 months to one year.

sf?? I didn't see the start of this. what have you done to yourself?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:26:34 -0000, "Ophelia" > wrote:

>sf?? I didn't see the start of this. what have you done to yourself?

I tripped over something that shouldn't have been there way back in
September and did a beautiful cartoon style belly flop onto the
sidewalk (I even bent my glasses). Everything else is fine now, but
my knees continue to feel odd.

Dee assures me that they will heal given enough time.... it'll just
take longer than I'd initially anticipated.