Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stollen

On Dec 13, 4:43 pm, "Bobo Bonobo(R)" > wrote:
> On Dec 13, 3:35 pm, (Little Malice) wrote:
>
> > One time on Usenet, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > said:

> > > I have been requested to duplicate a recipe for Christmas Eve. It is
> > > stollen using Pillsbury Crescent rolls and if I remember correctly it has a
> > > cream cheese filling. I searched Pillsbury's website and came up dry. Any
> > > ideas? The lady who originally made it has passed away and the daughter
> > > boils water nicely, so forget asking her for her mom's recipe.

> > Looks like you got an answer from a couple of folks, so I'll ask
> > this -- have you tried it yourself and is it any good? I like
> > Crescent rolls, but have never tried them in a sweet recipe.

> It is disgusting. The Pillsbury crescents are full of hydrogenated
> shortening, and no well informed persons who give a shit about their
> families' health would buy them in this day and age.
>

> > --
> > Jani in WA

> --Bryan

While I agree with you about the Pillsbury crescents, there are some
folks for whom such items say"comfort food" and even the worst junk
can be eaten in moderation with little to no detriment to health.

I feel the same way about green bean casserole....

maxine in ri

Stollen Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 0 21-12-2007 04:14 PM
Stollen Donald Kleist Recipes (moderated) 0 20-12-2007 03:25 AM
Stollen maxine in ri General Cooking 0 14-12-2007 08:22 PM
stollen Virginia Tadrzynski Baking 1 14-12-2007 01:08 AM
Stollen luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 06-01-2004 02:36 PM