Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Specific foods

I am a first time user here and not even sure that I am in the right
place to do it ?
The problem - How do I search for recipes that do not contain a number
of different products ?For example if I cannot eat say tomatoes -
chillies - bread - wheat - yeast and chocolate is there a way that I
can search for recipes which do not have any of these things ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:12:03 -0800 (PST), Errol >
wrote:

>I am a first time user here and not even sure that I am in the right
>place to do it ?
>The problem - How do I search for recipes that do not contain a number
>of different products ?For example if I cannot eat say tomatoes -
>chillies - bread - wheat - yeast and chocolate is there a way that I
>can search for recipes which do not have any of these things ?

Try the advanced search at epicurious.com -
http://www.epicurious.com/recipesmenus/advancedsearch .

It allows you to exclude certain ingredients.

Regards,
Tracy R.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 06 Dec 2007 09:12:03p, Errol meant to say...

> I am a first time user here and not even sure that I am in the right
> place to do it ?
> The problem - How do I search for recipes that do not contain a number
> of different products ?For example if I cannot eat say tomatoes -
> chillies - bread - wheat - yeast and chocolate is there a way that I
> can search for recipes which do not have any of these things ?

Where will you be searching? Surely not this newsgroup. No offense
intended, but discussion far outweighs recipes on rec.food.cooking.

If you use Google, you can search for the food dish of your choice and
exclude items that you don't want by preceding each of the undesired items
with a minus sign. Put the main item you're looking for in quotes if it's
more than one word. As an example, in the search bar:

"salisbury steak" -tomato -salt -wine

You should find results containing recipes for salisbury steak that do not
include tomato, salt, or wine.

HTH

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Thu, 12/6/07

Countdown 'til Christmas
2wks 2dys 2hrs
Only those who attempt the absurd
achieve the impossible.

Specific Gravity Thingie mdginzo Winemaking 2 09-12-2005 04:47 AM
Looking for a specific fat/gravy separator... Madeleine115 Cooking Equipment 0 17-04-2005 02:12 AM
Looking for a specific green tea. Mydnight Tea 19 28-11-2004 02:21 PM
specific gravity subflood Winemaking 5 01-11-2004 11:15 PM
Looking for a specific beer deMoMo Beer 12 25-12-2003 04:36 AM