FoodBanter.com

-   -   Blueberries uk UK (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/142340-blueberries-uk-uk.html)

Ophelia[_4_] 05-12-2007 01:10 PM

Blueberries uk UK

These are from Argentina.

cybercat 05-12-2007 05:30 PM

Blueberries uk UK

ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from Driscoll
Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then it says, "product
of Chile."

Ophelia[_4_] 05-12-2007 05:42 PM

Blueberries uk UK

cybercat wrote:
> ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from Driscoll
> Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then it says,
> "product of Chile."

and the truth was revealed:)) did they taste ok? I didn't buy any.

JoeSpareBedroom 05-12-2007 06:22 PM

Blueberries uk UK

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from Driscoll
>> Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then it says,
>> "product of Chile."

> and the truth was revealed:)) did they taste ok? I didn't buy any.

You don't want to eat too much fruit from South America. There's no telling
what they spray on it down there, and for all intents and purposes, nobody
checks.

cybercat 05-12-2007 07:10 PM

Blueberries uk UK

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from Driscoll
>> Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then it says,
>> "product of Chile."

> and the truth was revealed:)) did they taste ok? I didn't buy any.

They are FABULOUS. I bought 2 little 4-oz packages, still have one left.
They were very fresh and sweet. As we say in the south, "go git you sum,
grrrrrl!" :)

Dora Crawford 05-12-2007 07:30 PM

Blueberries uk UK

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from
>>> Driscoll Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then
>>> it says, "product of Chile."

>> and the truth was revealed:)) did they taste ok? I didn't buy any.
>>

> They are FABULOUS. I bought 2 little 4-oz packages, still have one
> left. They were very fresh and sweet. As we say in the south, "go git
> you sum, grrrrrl!" :)

The grapes we're buying right now are from Chile, as well as
blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. Delicious, each and every one.
After all, it's late spring there! Amazing that they can ship them and
have them arrive sweet and fresh.

Ophelia[_4_] 05-12-2007 07:30 PM

Blueberries uk UK

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> ahhhhh! I looked at the package for mine, and they come from
>>> Driscoll Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, California, BUT then
>>> it says, "product of Chile."

>> and the truth was revealed:)) did they taste ok? I didn't buy any.
>>

> They are FABULOUS. I bought 2 little 4-oz packages, still have one
> left. They were very fresh and sweet. As we say in the south, "go git
> you sum, grrrrrl!" :)

yes ma'am:))