Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-12-04) New survey on the RFC site: 'Diet' soda pop

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

TFH # 2 I'll take the Harry Potter Wannabe please!

KW

Blech Indeed!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW wrote:
> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy
>>
>> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

> TFH # 2 I'll take the Harry Potter Wannabe please!

It's yours

> KW
>
> Blech Indeed!

LOL. My own choice wasn't listed: I should have put in "Double-blech!"
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

There is one diet drink that I like, President's Choice Diet Cola. It is
the only one that does not have the horrid artificial sweetener aftertaste.
The rest of them are horrid, with the exception of a Pepis product that was
sugar reduced and wasn't too bad. The worst has to be diet tonic water.
That being said, I find most soft drinks too sweet and rarely drink them
anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

My favorite is Diet Mountain Dew. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi and Diet A&W
are also very good.

I've consumed nearly exclusively diet sodas for about 30 years. Regular
soda tastes odd and cloying to me by now.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Diet Dr. Pepper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? ;-)

I chose Blecch! I tried to drink it for about a
year because I needed to cut down on sugar. I don't
drink a lot of soda but I like a glass of ginger
ale or Coke with most meals. The carbonation seems
to help my digestion. Anyway, after drinking diet
ginger ale for a year I gave up. I never got used
to it. I can still taste the artificial sweetener.
It leaves an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth. I
know when the new sweeteners came out they claimed
that they didn't do that like saccharin did. Well,
I can still taste it even if most people can't. So
no sugar-free products for me at all. They all taste
nasty to me.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate wrote on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:35:48 -0500:

KC> ChattyCathy wrote:
??>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

KC> Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? ;-)

KC> I chose Blecch! I tried to drink it for about a
KC> year because I needed to cut down on sugar. I don't

I do not willingly drink diet sodas since I find the taste much
inferior to the real thing. But let me express the heretical
opinion that they are not "disgusting", at least not so much
that if I bought a diet soda by mistake I would throw it away.
Some are better than others; diet Canada Dry is an example.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Kate wrote on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:35:48 -0500:
>
> KC> ChattyCathy wrote:
> ??>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> KC> Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? ;-)
>
> KC> I chose Blecch! I tried to drink it for about a
> KC> year because I needed to cut down on sugar. I don't
>
> I do not willingly drink diet sodas since I find the taste much
> inferior to the real thing. But let me express the heretical
> opinion that they are not "disgusting", at least not so much
> that if I bought a diet soda by mistake I would throw it away.
> Some are better than others; diet Canada Dry is an example.
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations:
> not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I have not tried many diet drinks outside of the mainstream choices and
would pitch out most of the ones that I have tried. The only two that I can
tolerate are Sprite Zero and Pepsi One. Oddly enough, I do drink my iced tea
unsweetened with just a half of one packet of either Equal or Nutra-Sweet
whichever is available.

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 3:47�pm, "KW" <keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet> wrote:
> "James Silverton" > wrote in message

> > Kate �wrote �on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:35:48 -0500:

> > �KC> ChattyCathy wrote:
> > �??>>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> > �KC> Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? �;-)

> > �KC> I chose Blecch! �I tried to drink it for about a
> > �KC> year because I needed to cut down on sugar. �I don't

> > I do not willingly drink diet sodas since I find the taste much
> > inferior to the real thing. But let me express the heretical
> > opinion that they are not "disgusting", at least not so much
> > that if I bought a diet soda by mistake I would throw it away.
> > Some are better than others; diet Canada Dry is an example.

> > James Silverton
> > Potomac, Maryland

> > E-mail, with obvious alterations:
> > not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

> I have not tried many diet drinks outside of the mainstream choices and
> would pitch out most of the ones that I have tried. The only two that I can
> tolerate are Sprite Zero and Pepsi One. Oddly enough, I do drink my iced tea
> unsweetened with just a half of one packet of either Equal or Nutra-Sweet
> whichever is available.

I'm a Fresca fan... and I think the new Fresca Peach is pretty good.
But I also like Black Cherry.

I drink diet soda because I drink about 2 liters a day... and I prefer
my sugar ration from the vodka and fruit juice I add.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 4:44�pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > I'm a Fresca fan... and I think the new Fresca Peach is pretty good.
> > But I also like Black Cherry.

> > I drink diet soda because I drink about 2 liters a day... and I prefer
> > my sugar ration from the vodka and fruit juice I add.

> I've been drinking Fresca since I was a kid. �I like the Fresca Peach, too,
> but the original flavor is fine, too. �I've never seen the Black Cherry,
> though. �I'll have to look for it.

The black cherry is just plain old store brand... a kid's flavor! I
like a few glugs in my screw driver, the color adds that fancy
schmancy up town bar image. But mostly I drink plain black cherry
over ice.

> Another good mixer is Diet Rite White Grape. �Have you tried that?

I don't know if they have Diet Rite up here, but I've seen a different
brand of white grape, I think Polar brand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Dec 4, 4:44�pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a Fresca fan... and I think the new Fresca Peach is pretty good.
>>> But I also like Black Cherry.
>>> I drink diet soda because I drink about 2 liters a day... and I prefer
>>> my sugar ration from the vodka and fruit juice I add.

>> I've been drinking Fresca since I was a kid. �I like the Fresca Peach, too,
>> but the original flavor is fine, too. �I've never seen the Black Cherry,
>> though. �I'll have to look for it.

> The black cherry is just plain old store brand... a kid's flavor! I
> like a few glugs in my screw driver, the color adds that fancy
> schmancy up town bar image. But mostly I drink plain black cherry
> over ice.
>
>> Another good mixer is Diet Rite White Grape. �Have you tried that?

> I don't know if they have Diet Rite up here, but I've seen a different
> brand of white grape, I think Polar brand.

We get so dry and thirsty at work (which admittedly does cut down on
those bathroom breaks) and get so tied up with traumas that we can
barely take a moment to stop. Most of us carry those large liter
Rubbermaid bottles to work and are using those calorie-free little
packets of flavored drink mixes mixed with water and ice. Crystal light
is one popular one, but there are a lot of them that flavor the water as
well as add a touch of caffeine or vitamins and many remain clear in the
water which I like and is less obvious since we're not *supposed* to
have ANY drinks in the unit. We nurse a slug from the bottle as we dash
by and it really helps keep dehydration at bay. I've found a black
cherry packet that is pretty darn good (Vitamix, I think?) and we all
bring various boxes of flavors in our bags to mix, match, trade and
share. I drink a lot more water with those. Carbonated sodas just don't
hydrate me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? ;-)
>
> I chose Blecch! I tried to drink it for about a
> year because I needed to cut down on sugar. I don't
> drink a lot of soda but I like a glass of ginger
> ale or Coke with most meals. The carbonation seems
> to help my digestion. Anyway, after drinking diet
> ginger ale for a year I gave up. I never got used
> to it. I can still taste the artificial sweetener.
> It leaves an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth. I
> know when the new sweeteners came out they claimed
> that they didn't do that like saccharin did. Well,
> I can still taste it even if most people can't. So
> no sugar-free products for me at all. They all taste
> nasty to me.

Mine doesn't taste nasty. It has no sugar, and no artificial sweetener.
It's just plain soda. Many people don't like it. I do.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> Mine doesn't taste nasty. It has no sugar, and no artificial sweetener.
> It's just plain soda. Many people don't like it. I do.

I like soda. It is quite tasty with a slice of lemon and/or lime.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>
> >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> > Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

> Diet Dr. Pepper.

Yup...and Fresca. Diet Rite makes some good fruit - flavoured ones,
e.g. orange, black cherry, etc...and like the cherry flavoured Coke
Zero.

OTOH Diet Pepsi is gawdawful...right down there with Diet Mountain
Dew.

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to
claim that we are some kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>
> > I'm a Fresca fan... and I think the new Fresca Peach is pretty good.
> > But I also like Black Cherry.

> > I drink diet soda because I drink about 2 liters a day... and I prefer
> > my sugar ration from the vodka and fruit juice I add.

> I've been drinking Fresca since I was a kid. I like the Fresca Peach, too,
> but the original flavor is fine, too. I've never seen the Black Cherry,
> though. I'll have to look for it.

Wasn't Fresca one of the first lo - cal sodas, along with Tab?

> Another good mixer is Diet Rite White Grape. Have you tried that?

Yep, that is GOOD...Diet Rite has some interesting flavours, and DR is
usually always on sale, too...I never pay more than 79 - 99 cents per
2 litre bottle...

These I also use in the summer for lo - cal smoothies, e.g. some low -
fat milk, non - fat yogurt, some of the fruity soda pop...very tasty.

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to
claim that we are some kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 6:14�pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
> �Kate Connally > wrote:
>

> > ChattyCathy wrote:
> > >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> > Aren't "Blecch!" and "Never" the same thing? �;-)

> > I chose Blecch! �I tried to drink it for about a
> > year because I needed to cut down on sugar. �I don't
> > drink a lot of soda but I like a glass of ginger
> > ale or Coke with most meals. �The carbonation seems
> > to help my digestion. �Anyway, after drinking diet
> > ginger ale for a year I gave up. �I never got used
> > to it. �I can still taste the artificial sweetener.
> > It leaves an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth. �I
> > know when the new sweeteners came out they claimed
> > that they didn't do that like saccharin did. �Well,
> > I can still taste it even if most people can't. �So
> > no sugar-free products for me at all. �They all taste
> > nasty to me.

> Mine doesn't taste nasty. �It has no sugar, and no artificial sweetener. �
> It's just plain soda. �Many people don't like it. �I do.

Soda water contains salt and bicarbonate... seltza water is pure
water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Dec 4, 6:14?pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> Mine doesn't taste nasty. ?It has no sugar, and no artificial
>> sweetener. ? It's just plain soda. ?Many people don't like it. ?I do.

> Soda water contains salt and bicarbonate... seltza water is pure
> water.

Yeah, but soda water isn't sweet. I like it, too, with a squeeze of lime.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>> On Dec 4, 6:14?pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>>
>>> Mine doesn't taste nasty. ?It has no sugar, and no artificial
>>> sweetener. ? It's just plain soda. ?Many people don't like it. ?I do.

>> Soda water contains salt and bicarbonate... seltza water is pure
>> water.

> Yeah, but soda water isn't sweet. I like it, too, with a squeeze of lime.

Anybody but me like tonic water straight (or with a little lemon)?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pepsi Max tastes like regular Pepsi.
Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller > wrote in
:

> Pepsi Max tastes like regular Pepsi.

Does not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> Pete C. wrote:
>
>> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>> > --
>> > Cheers
>> > Chatty Cathy

>> > Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be
>> > impossible

>> Diet Dr. Pepper.

> Yup...and Fresca. Diet Rite makes some good fruit - flavoured ones,
> e.g. orange, black cherry, etc...and like the cherry flavoured Coke
> Zero.
>
> OTOH Diet Pepsi is gawdawful...right down there with Diet Mountain
> Dew.
>

> --
> Best
> Greg
>
> " I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to
> claim that we are some kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
> - "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Hey, Diet Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods, okay!!!!!
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> .

> > > Diet Dr. Pepper.

> > Yup...and Fresca. Diet Rite makes some good fruit - flavoured ones,
> > e.g. orange, black cherry, etc...and like the cherry flavoured Coke
> > Zero.
> >
> > OTOH Diet Pepsi is gawdawful...right down there with Diet Mountain
> > Dew.

> Hey, Diet Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods, okay!!!!!

I like it. It's one of the main caffeine sodas I drink. I also enjoy
Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Pepsi Max tastes like regular Pepsi.

>Does not.

Well, it works for me. Whereas Diet Pepsi doesn't.

Doug