Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mario Batali: Update

If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.
>
> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.
>
> N.

I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
able to see him in food lessons and preparation.

Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
I'd settle for that.

Thanks for the update.

PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:37:33 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
>> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
>> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
>> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
>> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
>> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.
>>
>> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
>> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
>> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.
>>
>> N.

>I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
>able to see him in food lessons and preparation.
>
>Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
>I'd settle for that.
>
>Thanks for the update.
>
>PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
>segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
>Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
>prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
>her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...
>
>Dee Dee

I saw Martha with Meredith Viera on the "Today" show the other day.

Martha was demonstrating how to decorate ginger cookies to be used to
decorate and place along the tall sides of a fancy ginger cake.

Meredith used her icing bag to make an outline, and though it was
nice, it wasn't perfect. The dialog went something like this - I don't
have it anywhere near word-for-word, but you'll get the gist of it.

Meredith: Oops, I guess it doesn't have to be prefect.

Martha: Of course it has to be prefect.

Meredith: Well, here, I 'll just put it on the cake.

Martha: No! You can't put that on the cake.

Meredith: What do I do with it?

Martha: Eat it.

Meredith: You eat it, Martha.

I howled.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 29 Nov 2007 07:26:16a, Nancy2 meant to say...

> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.
>
> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.
>
> N.

I hope he doesn't blow up on that eating trip. He's getting mighty big.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: November 29th,2007

Countdown 'til Christmas
3wks 2dys 22hrs 54mins 30secs
I'm not fat, just horizontally
disproportionate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote

> I saw Martha with Meredith Viera on the "Today" show the other day.
>
> Martha was demonstrating how to decorate ginger cookies to be used to
> decorate and place along the tall sides of a fancy ginger cake.
>
> Meredith used her icing bag to make an outline, and though it was
> nice, it wasn't perfect. The dialog went something like this - I don't
> have it anywhere near word-for-word, but you'll get the gist of it.
>
> Meredith: Oops, I guess it doesn't have to be prefect.
>
> Martha: Of course it has to be prefect.
>
> Meredith: Well, here, I 'll just put it on the cake.
>
> Martha: No! You can't put that on the cake.
>
> Meredith: What do I do with it?
>
> Martha: Eat it.
>
> Meredith: You eat it, Martha.
>
> I howled.

Meredith Vierra just cracks me up. She's so quick and she'll
say anything that crosses her mind.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

Its pretty obvious that the Food Network wants nothing to do with the
idea of learning about or preparing real food.

> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.
>
> N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:12:27 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote
>
>> I saw Martha with Meredith Viera on the "Today" show the other day.
>>
>> Martha was demonstrating how to decorate ginger cookies to be used to
>> decorate and place along the tall sides of a fancy ginger cake.
>>
>> Meredith used her icing bag to make an outline, and though it was
>> nice, it wasn't perfect. The dialog went something like this - I don't
>> have it anywhere near word-for-word, but you'll get the gist of it.
>>
>> Meredith: Oops, I guess it doesn't have to be prefect.
>>
>> Martha: Of course it has to be prefect.
>>
>> Meredith: Well, here, I 'll just put it on the cake.
>>
>> Martha: No! You can't put that on the cake.
>>
>> Meredith: What do I do with it?
>>
>> Martha: Eat it.
>>
>> Meredith: You eat it, Martha.
>>
>> I howled.

>Meredith Vierra just cracks me up. She's so quick and she'll
>say anything that crosses her mind.
>
>nancy

I like her, too. She is quite down-to-earth, yet very smart and
downright belly-laugh funny at times.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 8:37 am, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> > If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> > on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> > that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> > streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> > Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> > mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

> > He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> > traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> > next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

> > N.

> I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
> able to see him in food lessons and preparation.
>
> Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
> I'd settle for that.
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
> segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
> Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
> prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
> her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...
>
> Dee Dee

Gwyneth is evidently Gwyneth Paltrow, and they are taking another
couple of people along, too. Paltrow is fluent in Spanish.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 8:52 am, Abe > wrote:
> >He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> >traveling and eating their way through Spain

> Lots of stationary shots I imagine. I can't imagine him hoofing it
> very much.

They're traveling in several Mercedes automobiles. USA Today has an
article.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...oad-trip_N.htm

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 8:37 am, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> > If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> > on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> > that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> > streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> > Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> > mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

> > He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> > traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> > next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

> > N.

> I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
> able to see him in food lessons and preparation.
>
> Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
> I'd settle for that.
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
> segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
> Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
> prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
> her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...
>
> Dee Dee

I like Martha's show. She is a lot more laid-back than she used to
be, and seems to be enjoying herself more. When things get out of
control (the doggy fashion show yesterday), she even is good-natured
about it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 10:00 am, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:37:33 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> >> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> >> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> >> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> >> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> >> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> >> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

> >> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> >> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> >> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

> >> N.

> >I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
> >able to see him in food lessons and preparation.

> >Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
> >I'd settle for that.

> >Thanks for the update.

> >PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
> >segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
> >Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
> >prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
> >her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...

> >Dee Dee

> I saw Martha with Meredith Viera on the "Today" show the other day.
>
> Martha was demonstrating how to decorate ginger cookies to be used to
> decorate and place along the tall sides of a fancy ginger cake.
>
> Meredith used her icing bag to make an outline, and though it was
> nice, it wasn't perfect. The dialog went something like this - I don't
> have it anywhere near word-for-word, but you'll get the gist of it.
>
> Meredith: Oops, I guess it doesn't have to be prefect.
>
> Martha: Of course it has to be prefect.
>
> Meredith: Well, here, I 'll just put it on the cake.
>
> Martha: No! You can't put that on the cake.
>
> Meredith: What do I do with it?
>
> Martha: Eat it.
>
> Meredith: You eat it, Martha.
>
> I howled.
>
> Boron - Hide quoted text -

OTOH, when an audience member asked how to get discolorations off
cookware like LeCreuset, she said not to worry about it if it didn't
come off. Actually, she said, "So what?" That's a big change from
the Old Martha.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 10:36 am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Nov 29, 8:37 am, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
>

> > "Nancy2" > wrote in message

> > > If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> > > on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> > > that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> > > streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> > > Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> > > mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.

> > > He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> > > traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> > > next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

> > > N.

> > I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not be
> > able to see him in food lessons and preparation.

> > Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air. Although
> > I'd settle for that.

> > Thanks for the update.

> > PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a cooking
> > segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
> > Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting in
> > prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw for
> > her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important ...

> > Dee Dee

> Gwyneth is evidently Gwyneth Paltrow, and they are taking another
> couple of people along, too. Paltrow is fluent in Spanish.
>
> N.- Hide quoted text -

Isn't she a vegan? What a dull food program that would be!

Susan B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Isn't she a vegan? What a dull food program that would be!
>
> Susan B.- Hide quoted text -

Vegetarian...she eats fish.

She said her former host family in Spain would "kill her," for not
eating their favorite meats. ;-)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sueb" > wrote in message
> On Nov 29, 10:36 am, Nancy2 > wrote:

>> > I feel lucky to see new Mario programs, but unlucky in that I will not
>> > be
>> > able to see him in food lessons and preparation.

>> > Hopefully it will not be a la Floyd preparation out in plein air.
>> > Although
>> > I'd settle for that.

>> > Thanks for the update.

>> > PS I'm sorry that I missed the program, but after seeing Martha do a
>> > cooking
>> > segment with Chevy Chase, she has been gone forever from my thoughts.
>> > Pufffoooot! Her zip has gone and went .... Must've been that knitting
>> > in
>> > prison that slowed her down -- or was it that someone knitted a shaw
>> > for
>> > her, or gave her a pattern, or promoted it -- oh,well, not important

>> > Dee Dee

>> Gwyneth is evidently Gwyneth Paltrow, and they are taking another
>> couple of people along, too. Paltrow is fluent in Spanish.
>>
>> N.- Hide quoted text -

> Isn't she a vegan? What a dull food program that would be!
>
> Susan B.

It will be dull to me by the very fact that it is Gwyneth Paltrow, one of
the biggest name-droppers and full-of-herself persons I've ever seen on any
of the talk shows.
I guess to some people she is angelic, so it oughta fly.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> On Nov 29, 8:52 am, Abe > wrote:
>> >He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
>> >traveling and eating their way through Spain

>> Lots of stationary shots I imagine. I can't imagine him hoofing it
>> very much.

> They're traveling in several Mercedes automobiles. USA Today has an
> article.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...oad-trip_N.htm
>

> N.

Sounds like it's going to be fun for THEM!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> If this has been mentioned, excuse my duplication: Mario was a guest
> on Martha's show this week, and explained (in answer to her question)
> that he was still going to be on ICA (he has a 17-competition winning
> streak going), but that the Food Network had decided that his Molto
> Mario didn't fit in with their stated desire to appeal to more of a
> mass market. He said he wasn't mad at them or anything.
>
> He is doing a series where he and Gwyneth (?? - daughter or wife?) are
> traveling and eating their way through Spain, and it will air on PBS
> next fall. He said he was also "talking to" the Travel Channel.

I'm not surprised that he was dropped. He was good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> I felt the same way about Julia Child and Nathalie Dupree. Both different
> in cooking styles but very approachable. I will never forget the day I was
> making Steven's favorite. My lasagne. I was watching Julia that day, drank
> way too much burgundy and dumped the rest of the wine in the sauce. Steven
> got home, was really ****ed when he tasted the sauce. He reduced the sauce
> and basically started over. Said I needed to not watch cooking shows while
> cooking. That was years ago.
>
> Michael

I like Nathalie Dupree from afar. She's the messiest, most disheveled
cook I've seen! She had a few years where she was looking a bit
overly-medicated or something...? But she's sharp, no denying.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:34:19 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Goomba38 > dropped this
: in rec.food.cooking

>> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
>>
>>> I felt the same way about Julia Child and Nathalie Dupree. Both
>>> different in cooking styles but very approachable. I will never
>>> forget the day I was making Steven's favorite. My lasagne. I was
>>> watching Julia that day, drank way too much burgundy and dumped the
>>> rest of the wine in the sauce. Steven got home, was really ****ed
>>> when he tasted the sauce. He reduced the sauce and basically started
>>> over. Said I needed to not watch cooking shows while cooking. That
>>> was years ago.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> I like Nathalie Dupree from afar. She's the messiest, most disheveled
>> cook I've seen! She had a few years where she was looking a bit
>> overly-medicated or something...? But she's sharp, no denying.

>I loved her. She was definite on target. Just MO though.
>
>Michael

I got a big kick out of her, also, but other than Julia, the one I
miss the most is Madeleine Kamen.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
t...

> I thought I would like Throwdown, but Bobby Flay cheats... like when he
> put
> prosciutto in macaroni and cheese.... foul! Its macaroni and cheese, not
> macaroni and cheese and meat. He adds unreasonable stuff which often takes
> his entries in the throwdown into another category. What a copout.
> MartyB in KC

Bobby never wins.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> I thought I would like Throwdown, but Bobby Flay cheats... like when
> he put prosciutto in macaroni and cheese.... foul! Its macaroni and
> cheese, not macaroni and cheese and meat. He adds unreasonable stuff
> which often takes his entries in the throwdown into another category.

Pancetta. He made mac and cheese "carbonara". Considering that he
seldom wins, it's not too much of a cop-out.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:32:06 -0600, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>She messed with the wrong guy though because he put her down,
>and the rest of the program was rather, ummm, tense. Ollie's da man!

KEWL! However, I'd bet Martha is following a script when she has
guests. So, if the script is wrong - then she is wrong if she
corrects them (I often wonder if anyone actually *thinks* on screen).

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> He won that one, by cheating. Meat in macaroni and cheese isn't macaroni and
> cheese.
>
> MartyB in KC

diced ham is a frequent addition to Mac and Cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message

> "Dee.Dee" > wrote
>
>> "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote

>> > I thought I would like Throwdown, but Bobby Flay cheats... like when he
>> > put
>> > prosciutto in macaroni and cheese.... foul! Its macaroni and cheese,
>> > not
>> > macaroni and cheese and meat. He adds unreasonable stuff which often

> takes
>> > his entries in the throwdown into another category. What a copout.
>> > MartyB in KC

>> Bobby never wins.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> He won that one, by cheating. Meat in macaroni and cheese isn't macaroni
> and
> cheese.
>
> MartyB in KC

You've got to be kidding! He won one? I thought the whole premise of the
show was that he was always thrown down. I'll have to get that one out and
take a look.

Dah yam! Bobby will be under investigation and get his iron chef credentials
taken away. Better get to watching him before he is kicked out. I never
knew that Bobby would actually cheat over a macaroni and cheese!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

>> He won that one, by cheating. Meat in macaroni and cheese isn't macaroni
>> and
>> cheese.
>>
>> MartyB in KC
>>

> You've got to be kidding! He won one? I thought the whole premise of the
> show was that he was always thrown down. I'll have to get that one out and
> take a look.
>
> Dah yam! Bobby will be under investigation and get his iron chef
> credentials taken away. Better get to watching him before he is kicked
> out. I never knew that Bobby would actually cheat over a macaroni and
> cheese!
>
> Dee Dee

I don't consider it cheating. We often put meat in the mac & cheese. Not a
purist thing, but a good meal. He also used different cheeses and it did
look good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> He won that one, by cheating. Meat in macaroni and cheese isn't macaroni
>>> and
>>> cheese.
>>>
>>> MartyB in KC
>>>

>> You've got to be kidding! He won one? I thought the whole premise of
>> the show was that he was always thrown down. I'll have to get that one
>> out and take a look.
>>
>> Dah yam! Bobby will be under investigation and get his iron chef
>> credentials taken away. Better get to watching him before he is kicked
>> out. I never knew that Bobby would actually cheat over a macaroni and
>> cheese!
>>
>> Dee Dee

> I don't consider it cheating. We often put meat in the mac & cheese. Not
> a purist thing, but a good meal. He also used different cheeses and it
> did look good.

I hope you realize it was 'tongue in cheek' on my part again. I'm starting
to feel that I'm misunderstood ;-))
IMO, I think Bobby Flay deserves his Iron Chef designation, although I feel
there are many others that don't.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini > wrote in message
[snip]
> I just made a batch of ham, mac & cheese. AND I made it
> with fusilli pasta. (Shhhh, I'm such a rebel!) :~)

That's not rebellion, it's worse... Infidel! (said with a curled,
sneering lip)

The "Elbow-only" Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee.Dee wrote:

[Throwdown]

> You've got to be kidding! He won one? I thought the whole premise
> of the show was that he was always thrown down. I'll have to get that
> one out and take a look.

He's won a handful. Ones I can think of off the top of my head,
chowder, crab cakes, mixed drinks, burgers, mac and cheese. Generally
he's better off when there's more latitude to bring in unusual elements.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
>> kilikini > wrote in message
>> [snip]
>>> I just made a batch of ham, mac & cheese. AND I made it
>>> with fusilli pasta. (Shhhh, I'm such a rebel!) :~)

>> That's not rebellion, it's worse... Infidel! (said with a curled,
>> sneering lip)
>>
>> The "Elbow-only" Ranger

> Ha! You didn't even give mine a chance. I'd mail you some, but it's
> gone.
> kili <------ sneering her lip as well :~)

I say kili!! Excellent sneer)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>> kilikini wrote:

>>> Ha! You didn't even give mine a chance. I'd mail you some, but
>>> it's gone.
>>> kili <------ sneering her lip as well :~)

>> I say kili!! Excellent sneer)

> Me thanks you, m'dear. (Ha, that rhymed with sneer!)

Gee, you were a poet and you didn't know it <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

>> diced ham is a frequent addition to Mac and Cheese.

> I just made a batch of ham, mac & cheese. AND I made it with fusilli pasta.
> (Shhhh, I'm such a rebel!) :~)
>
> kili

LOL... not a rebel! My father didn't ever want "elbow" macaroni in the
house... he just thought that was the most overused, least interesting
macaroni in America. We always used anything *but* elbows.

Chef Mario Batali...... what gives?? PeterL2 General Cooking 60 17-10-2009 10:28 AM
Mario Batali hermit General Cooking 18 09-10-2007 04:54 PM
Chef Mario Batali dropped WOW pamjd General Cooking 38 09-09-2007 03:49 AM
Mario batali's new Vegas restauraunt CliffB General Cooking 7 11-06-2007 10:43 AM
Mario Batali, is he on amphetamine? Andy General Cooking 29 28-02-2006 06:30 PM