Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Picky Dinner Guests

<sf> wrote in message ...
>>Actually it probably saved the leather, as DH was just too darned big to
>>ride in a small car. He has a way of destroying seats.

> I've never resorted to seat covers. Hubby isn't a "big guy" by any
> stretch of the imagination, so he's easy on seats too. In fact, he
> babies our cars so much that sometimes I think we should take a tax
> deduction on them.

You're a bit lucky.

DH treats every car we have as though it were a pick-up. An old one at
that. Grrrh!
That's why those 'rednecks' (years ago, but I still remember) who came up
beside our beat-up pick-up (in their beat-up rusty old car) and banged on
the sides of their car and started yelling, "Who let the dogs out." Not a
pretty site. LOL.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"T" > wrote
> The Murano is one of the few vehicles other there that uses a CVT, or
> Continuously Variable Transmission.
>
> Boiled down it's two pulleys strapped together by a steel band. Each
> pulled can widen and pull back, therefore you get an infinite set of
> gear ratios.
>
> I've ridden in one. You can't even tell the transmission is shifting.
> It's a little unsettling.

Well that's pretty cool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:35:39 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>"cybercat" > dropped this news:fic675$8e8$1
: in rec.food.cooking

>> I sense you are under a certain age. It wasn't about the Mercedes. I
>> think
>> you had to be there. On the bad side, if you were there, you damn near
>> OLD!

>Well, I'm old but don't feel it. But I hear what you're saying. I'm 52...
>does that count as old?
>
>Michael

It's that old joke: If you can remember the 60s, then you weren't
there.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julia Altshuler > wrote in news:-
:

> Amarantha wrote:
>>
>> Or it could be neurobiological. Disorders on the autism spectrum, for
>> example, can cause severe food aversions in some.

> Interesting. Tell me more. Do autism disorders ever cause slight food
> aversions? Does it work in reverse? I'm thinking of adults I know who,
> while not as extreme as the woman Jill described, are pretty picky.
> Would it make sense to suspect an autism disorder in them?

A major factor in autism diagnoses is sensory integration problems. An
autistic person might be especially sensitive or insensitive to such things
as heat, cold, pain, bright light, loud or otherwise annoying noises,
certain textures, smells, flavours or colours and so on. They might be
unable to separate sounds heard at once, eg trying to have a conversation
when music is playing). ASDs are often co-morbid with synaesthesia. But
it varies from person to person.

By themselves, though, sensory integration issues are not enough to suspect
an autism spectrum disorder. It's a collection of signs and symptoms, of
which a person will have some but not others.

Food-specific problems could include the person being über-sensitive to
certain tastes, smells or textures, or it could be a problem with certain
colours that extends to foods of those colours, or it could be based on a
rigid idea ie all food with a certain meaning to the individual is 'bad'.
Of course some autistic people don't have any more food problems than the
average person and some go to the other extreme and will try pretty much
anything

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote
> It's that old joke: If you can remember the 60s, then you weren't
> there.

Well, you might have been there, but you were not participating in the
full spirit of the age.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PVC PVC is offline

On Nov 22, 12:54 pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > LOL Yeah, I can relate to that. When I was married I had to go to four
> > Thanksgiving dinners on my ex-husband's side. First at his mother's house
> > (gawd, her dressing was runny and just awful!), then his grandparent's house
> > (I loved them and she was a wonderful cook!). Then to his uncle's house
> > where all he talked about was how wealthy he was and he had the food
> > catered... his wife couldn't be bothered with cooking. Then his aunt's
> > house, which was in a crack neighborhood and consisted of one of those
> > turkey rolls in "gravy". Oh, joy!

> Why didn't you just invite all them over to your home for dinner?
> Wouldn't that have been easier..not to mention seriously diplomatic and
> "bonding"

Because then she wouldn't have gotten to play the vicitm and bitch and
moan about it. DUH!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 09:51:49a, cybercat meant to say...
>

>> "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote
>>> Well, I'm old but don't feel it. But I hear what you're saying. I'm
>>> 52... does that count as old?

>> You sound much younger! Anyway, I see that you get the context,
>> you'd just rather have a jeep.
>>

> Michael will never grow old or "grow up". That's part of his charm.
> :-)

But none of us is old here. We are all beautiful and charming, rich and
clever)))

Well most of us anyway)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 25, 11:06 am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo(R)" > dropped :
> in rec.food.cooking
>

> > On Nov 25, 10:42 am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> >> "Bobo Bonobo(R)" > dropped
> >>
> >> .com: in rec.food.cooking

> >> I swear though, what I find most profound is the people on death row.
> >> They all of a sudden find religion. They butcher up countless people
> >> and then they find religion. Blows my mind. I interviewed a serial
> >> killer's father. I will not go into detail... ever but I will say
> >> the father said his son was a killer from the outset. This is from my
> >> crime group I used to sub to. BTW, do you know Cheech Maron? He is
> >> a friend of mine. I think you 2 would hit it off.

> > I thought it was spelled Marin.

> That is correct. Do you know him?

No. I'm a spelling geek, and I guess that it extends to proper
nouns

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
6.121...

> I was a youngster. I was a 70s generation. I was part of the *** Pride in
> Chicago crowd. I didn't live there but went up there. We were shot at and
> everything. I still can't believe all that happened. Then when I
> graduated from college I got married... to a woman. Go figure.
>
> Michael

Many of us have lived lives that we wouldn't have imagined for ourselves
when we were younger.
And
also have looked back on our younger years as being a stranger to ourselves.

Sometimes I cannot imagine certain paths I took. Mind you, no regrets.
Just -- what the hell was that all about!

A little a la profound thinking here this a.m. waiting for the HVAC people
to come -- Cripes! Maybe I could go 'hem pants.'

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Christine Dabney > dropped this
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:35:39 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>"cybercat" > dropped this news:fic675$8e8$1
: in rec.food.cooking

>>>Well, I'm old but don't feel it. But I hear what you're saying. I'm
>>>52... does that count as old?
>>>
>>>Michael

>> It's that old joke: If you can remember the 60s, then you weren't
>> there.
>>
>> Christine

> I was a youngster. I was a 70s generation.

Me too! I was born in 1959--so was in my teens when the disco stuff started
happening, but at least I got a good taste of some great music before and
after!

I was part of the *** Pride in
> Chicago crowd. I didn't live there but went up there. We were shot at and
> everything. I still can't believe all that happened. Then when I
> graduated from college I got married... to a woman. Go figure.

Well, at least you were keeping an open mind!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote

>. I just hate leather
> seats in the St. Louis heat during the summer months. It was so hot this
> year my poor Jeep just couldn't keep up. I'm not kidding either. It took
> a good 30 minutes too cool it off and by then I was so sweaty I didn't
> care. I even took it in to have the air conditioning unit checked. They
> just shrugged and said it was fine.

Now you know NC is hot in the summer! I love leather seats because
I want to sliiiiide across the seat, like we could in the pontiacs of our
childhoods, which were of course vinyl. If I wore shorts in the summer,
I could see it. I don't like leather couches for that reason.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophie wrote:

> But none of us is old here. We are all beautiful and charming, rich and
> clever)))

Heh. You can be all that and old. I'm middle-aged now, and I'll be
old soon, and I'm okay with that. :-)

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:09:20 -0000, "Ophie" > wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 09:51:49a, cybercat meant to say...
>>

>>> "Michael "Dog3"" > wrote
>>>
>>> You sound much younger! Anyway, I see that you get the context,
>>> you'd just rather have a jeep.
>>>

>> Michael will never grow old or "grow up". That's part of his charm.
>> :-)

>But none of us is old here. We are all beautiful and charming, rich and
>clever)))
>
>Well most of us anyway)

you forgot thin.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:15:21 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 10:21:22a, Dee.Dee meant to say...

>I'll

>>> $24 in beads?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> Sorry to say, wampum has spiraled due to devaluation of the dollar. I'd
>> have to give it back, I think.
>> Dee Dee
>>

>I wouldn't worry to much. I don't think they scalp people anymore. :-)

they leave that to the bank.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 11:49:54a, blake murphy meant to say...

> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:15:21 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 10:21:22a, Dee.Dee meant to say...

>>> Sorry to say, wampum has spiraled due to devaluation of the dollar.

I'd
>>> have to give it back, I think.
>>> Dee Dee
>>>

>>I wouldn't worry to much. I don't think they scalp people anymore. :-)

> they leave that to the bank.
>
> your pal,
> blake

How true! Not to mention the oil companies.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, November(XI) 26th(XXVI),2007(MMVII)

Countdown 'til Christmas
4wks 4hrs 57mins 5secs
On the other hand, you have different
fingers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:26:35 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Neither of us is big, well except for me lately. I just hate leather
>seats in the St. Louis heat during the summer months. It was so hot this
>year my poor Jeep just couldn't keep up. I'm not kidding either. It took
>a good 30 minutes too cool it off and by then I was so sweaty I didn't
>care. I even took it in to have the air conditioning unit checked. They
>just shrugged and said it was fine.

I can understand hot situations. My seats never get so hot I can't
stand it, but the steering wheel sure does on occasion. I don't have
a clue what the air conditioning problem was. Maybe you should have
gotten a second opinion. Your car should have been cool in 2 or 3
minutes.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:47:27 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote
>
>>. I just hate leather
>> seats in the St. Louis heat during the summer months. It was so hot this
>> year my poor Jeep just couldn't keep up. I'm not kidding either. It took
>> a good 30 minutes too cool it off and by then I was so sweaty I didn't
>> care. I even took it in to have the air conditioning unit checked. They
>> just shrugged and said it was fine.
>>

>Now you know NC is hot in the summer! I love leather seats because
>I want to sliiiiide across the seat, like we could in the pontiacs of our
>childhoods, which were of course vinyl. If I wore shorts in the summer,
>I could see it. I don't like leather couches for that reason.

Heh. My dining room chairs are leather, I have two wing backed
leather chairs and we have two new leather couches (not black)...
well, one... the other one is "in the mail".

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:09:20 -0000, "Ophie" > wrote:

>But none of us is old here. We are all beautiful and charming, rich and
>clever)))

You missed one.... we *own the company*.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:38:22 -0800, Serene >
wrote:

>I'm middle-aged now

Wash your mouf out with soap, girl. We're all under 30 here....
except Dee of course. I can tell by her picture that she's 31.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:49:13 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>you forgot thin.

I did too. It's just one of those understood facts, I guess.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:21:17 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Then when I
>graduated from college I got married... to a woman. Go figure.

That was part of the era. Times change. Nowdays kids that aren't ***
or bi often think they are. A crush on someone of the same sex
shouldn't make you question your sexual identity, but that's what
happens these days.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.184...
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 11:49:54a, blake murphy meant to say...
>
>> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:15:21 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 10:21:22a, Dee.Dee meant to say...

> I'd

>>>I wouldn't worry to much. I don't think they scalp people anymore. :-)

>> they leave that to the bank.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake
>>

> How true! Not to mention the oil companies.
> Wayne Boatwright

And not to mention the corporations! I'm wondering though why stocks are
falling if this is so.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:38:22 -0800, Serene >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm middle-aged now

> Wash your mouf out with soap, girl. We're all under 30 here....
> except Dee of course. I can tell by her picture that she's 31.

You're right -- I can't lie about it anymore - ;-))

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 09:38:54p, Dee.Dee meant to say...

> <sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:38:22 -0800, Serene >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm middle-aged now

>> Wash your mouf out with soap, girl. We're all under 30 here....
>> except Dee of course. I can tell by her picture that she's 31.
>>

> You're right -- I can't lie about it anymore - ;-))
>
> Dee Dee

Then I take it you're going to stop telling people you're 27?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, November(XI) 26th(XXVI),2007(MMVII)

Countdown 'til Christmas
4wks 4hrs 57mins 5secs
On the other hand, you have different
fingers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 09:38:54p, Dee.Dee meant to say...
>

>> <sf> wrote in message ...

>>> Wash your mouf out with soap, girl. We're all under 30 here....
>>> except Dee of course. I can tell by her picture that she's 31.
>>>

>> You're right -- I can't lie about it anymore - ;-))
>>
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Then I take it you're going to stop telling people you're 27?
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

It must've been a dyslexic problem - 27 ..... 72 -- was/is there a
difference in there somewhere? Possibly. :-))
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
6.121...
> sf dropped this : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:21:17 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Then when I
>>>graduated from college I got married... to a woman. Go figure.

>> That was part of the era. Times change. Nowdays kids that aren't ***
>> or bi often think they are. A crush on someone of the same sex
>> shouldn't make you question your sexual identity, but that's what
>> happens these days.

> Being *** does not define me as an individual. I am what I am.
>
> Michael

It's: I yam what I yam.
Popeye.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 05:20:08 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>sf dropped this : in
>rec.food.cooking
>
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:21:17 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Then when I
>>>graduated from college I got married... to a woman. Go figure.

>> That was part of the era. Times change. Nowdays kids that aren't ***
>> or bi often think they are. A crush on someone of the same sex
>> shouldn't make you question your sexual identity, but that's what
>> happens these days.

>Being *** does not define me as an individual. I am what I am.

Nor did I try to imply otherwise.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 10:51:01p, Dee.Dee meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 3.184...
>> Oh pshaw, on Mon 26 Nov 2007 09:38:54p, Dee.Dee meant to say...
>>

>>> <sf> wrote in message news:to5nk39m02g8u8lfrkco2b9ru7mhi1j43r@

4ax.com...

>>> You're right -- I can't lie about it anymore - ;-))
>>>
>>> Dee Dee
>>>

>> Then I take it you're going to stop telling people you're 27?
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> It must've been a dyslexic problem - 27 ..... 72 -- was/is there a
> difference in there somewhere? Possibly. :-))
> Dee Dee

No, 27 is the same as 72, but you are 31.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, November(XI) 26th(XXVI),2007(MMVII)

Countdown 'til Christmas
4wks 4hrs 57mins 5secs
On the other hand, you have different
fingers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:52:28 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
86.121...
>> sf dropped this : in
>> rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:21:17 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""

>>> That was part of the era. Times change. Nowdays kids that aren't ***
>>> or bi often think they are. A crush on someone of the same sex
>>> shouldn't make you question your sexual identity, but that's what
>>> happens these days.

>> Being *** does not define me as an individual. I am what I am.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>It's: I yam what I yam.
>Popeye.
>
>Dee Dee

but don't forget, yahweh said it first:

Exodus 3.14 - God said to Moses, 'I am that I am'.

....but popeye had lots of other insights, despite his poor taste in
women.

your pal,
blake