Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking

Default Powdered almond extract

Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking

Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
to use ground almonds instead.
I await your counsel and advise.
Thanks.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

In the order of the questions you asked:

Yes.
No.
No idea.

What are you thinking of doing with such a powder?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 10:10?am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advisCe.

Ground almonds taste nothing like almond extract... almond extract is
very bitter, they are not interchangeable. In fact much almond
extract is made from peach and apricot seeds.

I'm afraid to ask why.

http://www.epicurious.com/tools/food.../entry?id=2468

http://www.foodsubs.com/Extracts.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond

The very last extracted from my garden, just one seed was an
experiment, will plant more next year... somehow became a clump but
very tasty anus extract: http://i4.tinypic.com/6jvs1uo.jpg

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 1>,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > dropped this
> : in
> rec.food.cooking
>
> > Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
> >
> > Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah,
> > yeah, I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't
> > wish to to use ground almonds instead.

> > I await your counsel and advise.
> > Thanks.

> I've used almond flour before. Never used powdered almond extract. What
> are you making?
> Michael

I'm not tellin.' :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
> >
> > Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> > I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> > to use ground almonds instead.
> > I await your counsel and advise.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

> In the order of the questions you asked:
>
> Yes.
> No.
> No idea.

Thanks.

> What are you thinking of doing with such a powder?

I'm not tellin'.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> somehow became a clump but
> very tasty anus extract: http://i4.tinypic.com/6jvs1uo.jpg

Come again?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.

Yes there is

Yes I have

You have to experiment as it flavors very differently from the liquid
versions.

I only have Nature's Flavorsbrand and that's the only one I have ever seen
though I am sure there are probably other manufacturers.

http://www.naturesflavors.com/produc...oducts_id=4159

The butternut from them is very tasty.

Good Luck

Cindi

> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
> >
> > Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> > I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> > to use ground almonds instead.

> Yes there is
>
> Yes I have
>
> You have to experiment as it flavors very differently from the liquid
> versions.
>
> I only have Nature's Flavorsbrand and that's the only one I have ever seen
> though I am sure there are probably other manufacturers.
>
> http://www.naturesflavors.com/produc...oducts_id=4159
>
> The butternut from them is very tasty.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Cindi

And aren'chuspeshul, Miss Cindi!! Thank you! Mmwwaahh!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> > Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>> >
>> > Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah,
>> > yeah,
>> > I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
>> > to use ground almonds instead.

>> Yes there is
>>
>> Yes I have
>>
>> You have to experiment as it flavors very differently from the liquid
>> versions.
>>
>> I only have Nature's Flavorsbrand and that's the only one I have ever
>> seen
>> though I am sure there are probably other manufacturers.
>>
>> http://www.naturesflavors.com/produc...oducts_id=4159
>>
>> The butternut from them is very tasty.
>>
>> Good Luck
>>
>> Cindi

> And aren'chuspeshul, Miss Cindi!! Thank you! Mmwwaahh!

Ooooo kisses to you and I feel so special. You can't live in Almond country
and not know that answer. Robert's Ferry (an almond processor that has a
store attached) is one of my favorite places. We go about four times a year.
Just the smell. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hope your secret recipe is a Rawring succes.

Cindi

> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 9:10 am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Notes about our meals in Tuscany

I haven't heard of powdered extract (think of the words) and don't
think it would be possible.

However, Barb, I am working on an idea for a new product. With your
marketing genius perhaps you would like to go into partnership with
me .. for a modest investment. I travel a few times a year. WIth
those TSA B.......d's you can't take any container of liquid with you
through security ecen water! So I have developed a new product,
powdered water! Send me your money, and I will send you an empty
bottle (acceptable to those TSA droids), and I will send you an empty
bottle and an envelope of my dehydrated water. Once through
security, pour the powder into the bottle, go to the nearest
fountain, and, as the saying goes, "Just add water." Then you will
have instant fresh water in your very own bottle. Think about it. We
could make millions!

;-Q

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

P.S. Ground almonds alone wouldn't work. Extract is mostly alcohol
with a bit of flavor from the whatever subject.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>> somehow became a clump but
>> very tasty anus extract: http://i4.tinypic.com/6jvs1uo.jpg

> Come again?

well, the photo is of fennel, so I'm thinking he meant anise....

--

Sarah Gray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
JimL > wrote:

> On Nov 13, 9:10 am, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
> > Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
> >
> > Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> > I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> > to use ground almonds instead.
> > I await your counsel and advise.
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > Notes about our meals in Tuscany

> I haven't heard of powdered extract (think of the words) and don't
> think it would be possible.
>
> However, Barb, I am working on an idea for a new product. With your
> marketing genius perhaps you would like to go into partnership with
> me .. for a modest investment. I travel a few times a year. WIth
> those TSA B.......d's you can't take any container of liquid with you
> through security ecen water! So I have developed a new product,
> powdered water! Send me your money, and I will send you an empty
> bottle (acceptable to those TSA droids), and I will send you an empty
> bottle and an envelope of my dehydrated water. Once through
> security, pour the powder into the bottle, go to the nearest
> fountain, and, as the saying goes, "Just add water." Then you will
> have instant fresh water in your very own bottle. Think about it. We
> could make millions!
>
> ;-Q

Come over here and sit by me.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Powdered almond extract - follow up

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.

I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. :-)
I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
to express their gratitude, they knock off half the shipping cost if I
order 3 jars. I'm waiting to hear. :-) Hope springs eternal. I
offered her some jam. . .
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:32:01 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>I've used almond flour before. Never used powdered almond extract. What
>are you making? When I was freaking out over being diagnosed with Type
>II I made this low carb pound cake (it wasn't very good). I don't think
>it was the almond flour that made the cake seem flat, I think it was the
>Splenda.
>
>Almond Flour Pound Cake
>Low Carbohydrate Recipe

<snip>
>I also found this on eGullet:
>
>"This vendor carried the almond powder:
>http://design-emporium.com/storefron...Mixes/4421.htm
>
>You can make the almond powder yourself by working small amounts of
>almond meal in a blender in brief bursts, then sifting the result through
>a very fine mesh sieve. It should have the texture of cake flour."

Wow... that recipe looks good. I've never heard of almond *flour*
(but I've heard of almond meal). Your URL was a dud for me, but this
live one has almond flour http://www.low-carb.com/natalflour16.html

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>>
>> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
>> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
>> to use ground almonds instead.
>> I await your counsel and advise.
>> Thanks.

> I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. :-)
> I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
> to express their gratitude, they knock off half the shipping cost if I
> order 3 jars. I'm waiting to hear. :-) Hope springs eternal. I
> offered her some jam. . .

no pickle hat? That might have been the deal breaker.

Cindi

> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. :-)
> I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
> to express their gratitude they knock off half the shipping cost if I
> order 3 jars. I'm waiting to hear. :-) Hope springs eternal. I
> offered her some jam. . .

What's the web site, what's the significant error, since when are you
too cheap to pay shipping... how much shipping on a little powder,
can't be nearly as much as to ship jars of jam.

Sheldon Bahhumbug

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah Gray wrote:
> Pennyaline wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>> somehow became a clump but
>>> very tasty anus extract: http://i4.tinypic.com/6jvs1uo.jpg

>> Come again?

> well, the photo is of fennel, so I'm thinking he meant anise....

Well you see, I knew that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Sheldon > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. :-)
> > I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
> > to express their gratitude they knock off half the shipping cost if I
> > order 3 jars. I'm waiting to hear. :-) Hope springs eternal. I
> > offered her some jam. . .

> What's the web site, what's the significant error, since when are you
> too cheap to pay shipping... how much shipping on a little powder,
> can't be nearly as much as to ship jars of jam.
>
> Sheldon Bahhumbug

Flat rate shipping, $10 for any order under $50. You have to go a ways
into it before finding that out, though, IF you get to the site the way
I did (a Google search). My jar of powdered almond extract is 2.9
ounces and costs $5.79 cents (something like that). $16 is too much for
maybe 1/2 cup of product. And I won't order more unless I know I like
it. And I'll never know that because I won't pay $16 to find out.
Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). Their CSR manager pretty much told
me to like it or lump it. :-) Fair enough. Rules are rules, charges
are charges. They just don't explain it very well.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> Sheldon > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. :-)
>> > I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
>> > to express their gratitude they knock off half the shipping cost if I
>> > order 3 jars. I'm waiting to hear. :-) Hope springs eternal. I
>> > offered her some jam. . .

>> What's the web site, what's the significant error, since when are you
>> too cheap to pay shipping... how much shipping on a little powder,
>> can't be nearly as much as to ship jars of jam.
>>
>> Sheldon Bahhumbug

> Flat rate shipping, $10 for any order under $50. You have to go a ways
> into it before finding that out, though, IF you get to the site the way
> I did (a Google search). My jar of powdered almond extract is 2.9
> ounces and costs $5.79 cents (something like that). $16 is too much for
> maybe 1/2 cup of product. And I won't order more unless I know I like
> it. And I'll never know that because I won't pay $16 to find out.
> Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). Their CSR manager pretty much told
> me to like it or lump it. :-) Fair enough. Rules are rules, charges
> are charges. They just don't explain it very well.

YEOUCH!! Not much for business support or building clientele huh?

Cindi

> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:29:42 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). Their CSR manager pretty much told
> > me to like it or lump it. :-) Fair enough. Rules are rules, charges
> > are charges. They just don't explain it very well.

> Their plant used to be about a mile away from me. They moved out
> of town a few years ago. You only see a handful of their
> products in the local stores. Bolner's Fiesta Brand out of San
> Antonio is the leading spice company here in Austin.
>
> -sw

Can you get some of that powdered almond extract and send it to me for
less than $8?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 1>,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > dropped this

> > Can you get some of that powdered almond extract and send it to me for
> > less than $8?

> Well, I haven't read every post in this thread. Have you spilled the
> beans on what you are making with the extract?
>
> Michael

No.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...

> In article 1>,
> "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' > dropped this

>> > Can you get some of that powdered almond extract and send it to me for
>> > less than $8?

>> Well, I haven't read every post in this thread. Have you spilled the
>> beans on what you are making with the extract?
>>
>> Michael

> No.

Why not? Is it a secret?

Date: Thu, 11(XI)/15(XV)/07(MMVII)

!****************************************!
! Countdown till New Years !
! 6wks 1dys 13hrs 12mins 43secs !
! Put Custom#1 Tag Here !
! Put Custom#2 Tag Here !
!****************************************!
! All cats are right. !
!****************************************!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:40:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...
>
>> In article 1>,
>> "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>>
>>> Melba's Jammin' > dropped this

>>> Well, I haven't read every post in this thread. Have you spilled the
>>> beans on what you are making with the extract?
>>>
>>> Michael

>> No.

>Why not? Is it a secret?

must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
are long in minnesota.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 12:32:13p, blake murphy meant to say...

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:40:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...

for

>>> No.

>>Why not? Is it a secret?

> must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
> are long in minnesota.
>
> your pal,
> blake

True, we don't know what goes on in the dark confines of those Minnesota
homes. Do we really know that Barb is spending all that time in the
kitchen with canning, preserving, and pickling?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...
>
> > In article 1>,
> > "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> >> Well, I haven't read every post in this thread. Have you spilled the
> >> beans on what you are making with the extract?
> >>
> >> Michael

> > No.

> Why not? Is it a secret?

Yes.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:40:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...

> >> No.

> >Why not? Is it a secret?

> must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
> are long in minnesota.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Dammitall! You said you wouldn't TELL! Ya crumb!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 12:32:13p, blake murphy meant to say...

> > must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
> > are long in minnesota.
> >
> > your pal,
> > blake
> >

> True, we don't know what goes on in the dark confines of those Minnesota
> homes. Do we really know that Barb is spending all that time in the
> kitchen with canning, preserving, and pickling?
>
> --

"The woman with a reputation as an early riser can sleep until noon."
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Flat rate shipping, $10 for any order under $50. You have to go a ways
> into it before finding that out, though, IF you get to the site the way
> I did (a Google search). My jar of powdered almond extract is 2.9
> ounces and costs $5.79 cents (something like that). $16 is too much for
> maybe 1/2 cup of product. And I won't order more unless I know I like
> it. And I'll never know that because I won't pay $16 to find out.
> Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). Their CSR manager pretty much told
> me to like it or lump it. :-) Fair enough. Rules are rules, charges
> are charges. They just don't explain it very well.

Cripes.

Maybe they are shipping it from China? If so, who knows what you'd be
getting. Yes, I'm getting very cynical about Chinese products.

Our company is having a very small part made there and part of the
contract says they will send documentation with each shipment to verify
the chemical (plastic) used. We've had to threaten to withhold payment
after the last two shipments to get the documentation, and even then,
who knows if it's true?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 04:23:10p, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...

> In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 12:32:13p, blake murphy meant to say...

>> > must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
>> > are long in minnesota.
>> >
>> > your pal,
>> > blake
>> >

>> True, we don't know what goes on in the dark confines of those Minnesota
>> homes. Do we really know that Barb is spending all that time in the
>> kitchen with canning, preserving, and pickling?
>>
>> --

> "The woman with a reputation as an early riser can sleep until noon."

You wicked, wicked, woman!

--
November 15th,2007
¦ A mind is a terrible thing to lose... ¦
| |_ _ ,_ |/ , _ . .,_ _
| | |(_|| ||\/_)(_|||/|| |(_|
___ ._| ._|
.'=:-\
/.='( ` give thanks...
/. ^=.'-._..---.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 11:29�pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article . com>,
>
> �Sheldon > wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > > I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. �:-) �
> > > I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
> > > to express their gratitude they knock off half the shipping cost if I
> > > order 3 jars. �I'm waiting to hear. �:-) � Hope springs eternal. �I
> > > offered her some jam. . .

> > What's the web site, what's the significant error, since when are you
> > too cheap to pay shipping... how much shipping on a little powder,
> > can't be nearly as much as to ship jars of jam.

> > Sheldon Bahhumbug

> Flat rate shipping, $10 for any order under $50. �You have to go a ways
> into it �before finding that out, though, IF you get to the site the way
> I did (a Google search). �My jar of powdered almond extract is 2.9
> ounces and costs $5.79 cents (something like that). �$16 is too much for
> maybe 1/2 cup of product. �And I won't order more unless I know I like
> it. �And I'll never know that because I won't pay $16 to find out. �
> Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). �Their CSR manager pretty much told
> me to like it or lump it. �:-) �Fair enough. �Rules are rules, charges
> are charges. �They just don't explain it very well.

$10 to ship 3 ounces... I woulda told them what they could powder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> In article . com>,
>
> �Sheldon > wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > > I found some and am now arguing about the shipping cost with them. �:-) �
> > > I pointed out a significant error on their website and suggested that,
> > > to express their gratitude they knock off half the shipping cost if I
> > > order 3 jars. �I'm waiting to hear. �:-) � Hope springs eternal. �I
> > > offered her some jam. . .

> > What's the web site, what's the significant error, since when are you
> > too cheap to pay shipping... how much shipping on a little powder,
> > can't be nearly as much as to ship jars of jam.

> > Sheldon Bahhumbug

> Flat rate shipping, $10 for any order under $50. �You have to go a ways
> into it �before finding that out, though, IF you get to the site the way
> I did (a Google search). �My jar of powdered almond extract is 2.9
> ounces and costs $5.79 cents (something like that). �$16 is too much for
> maybe 1/2 cup of product. �And I won't order more unless I know I like
> it. �And I'll never know that because I won't pay $16 to find out. �
> Adams Extracts and Spices (I think). �Their CSR manager pretty much told
> me to like it or lump it. �:-) �Fair enough. �Rules are rules, charges
> are charges. �They just don't explain it very well.

They'll ship 25lbs of almond for $4.49.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/ind...arch=GO&Page=1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Powdered almond extract - Things are looking up

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>
> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
> to use ground almonds instead.
> I await your counsel and advise.
> Thanks.

After thoughtful and considered correspondence between me and the CS Mgr
at the spice and extract company, my shipping charge has been reduced
and I have ordered 3 jars of the stuff for a $5 shipping charge. I can
live with that.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:23:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 12:32:13p, blake murphy meant to say...

>> > must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
>> > are long in minnesota.
>> >
>> > your pal,
>> > blake
>> >

>> True, we don't know what goes on in the dark confines of those Minnesota
>> homes. Do we really know that Barb is spending all that time in the
>> kitchen with canning, preserving, and pickling?
>>
>> --

>"The woman with a reputation as an early riser can sleep until noon."

with lotsa people, too.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:22:27 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:40:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Oh pshaw, on Thu 15 Nov 2007 11:10:26a, Melba's Jammin' meant to say...

>> >Why not? Is it a secret?

>> must be for a poultice used in some bizarre sexual practice. winters
>> are long in minnesota.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Dammitall! You said you wouldn't TELL! Ya crumb!

no, i said i was drunk and probably wouldn't remember.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:40:00 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> Crossposted to rec.food.baking, follow-ups set to rec.food.cooking
>>
>> Is there such a thing as powdered almond extract or flavor? (Yeah, yeah,
>> I'll look it up.) Have you used it? Any pitfalls? I don't wish to
>> to use ground almonds instead.
>> I await your counsel and advise.
>> Thanks.

>After thoughtful and considered correspondence between me and the CS Mgr
>at the spice and extract company, my shipping charge has been reduced
>and I have ordered 3 jars of the stuff for a $5 shipping charge. I can
>live with that.

hot damn! poultices tonight!

your pal,
blake