Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pantry Pullout Shelving

I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
be good.

www.quikdrawers.com

Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?

tia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, wrote:
> I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
> and found these online.

On this NG, it's pantries. On alt.punk, it's panties.

> tia

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 02:52:23 GMT, wrote:

>I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
>and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
>be good.

www.quikdrawers.com

>Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?
>
>tia

I believe I stated pantRy. thx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
> and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
> be good.
>
> www.quikdrawers.com
>
> Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?

I didn't buy them, but have something similar in my house. I HATE them!
They are not as handy for storage as you'd think. You have to be very
careful what you put on them and how you put it because stuff tends to
tumble off the backs of them. They are open at the back, once you pull them
out.

Although the ad for the says you don't have to get on your knees, you will
find yourself on your knees, fishing around behind the drawer for whatever
it was that fell off, thereby preventing you from shutting the drawer.

They are also very shallow and that in itself limits what you can put in
them. I seem to have pretty good luck with the cooking pots and lids. Less
luck with plastics and even less luck with the paper goods. All of my lower
cabinets are pullouts like this. Stable shelves really would have worked
out a lot better for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 02:52:23 GMT, wrote:

>I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
>and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
>be good.

www.quikdrawers.com

>Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?
>
>tia

thanks for the input. i can see where that could be a problem but i
can have them built to any depth i want. my neighbor had them made
about 3 1/2 or so inches deep and she did not have to worry about
things falling off. But she paid almost $75 at Home Depot each and
they were made of plywood. These look much better.

i guess i am just looking for a reason cuz i don't have them and i am
tired of crawling around the kitchen.

thanks again for the input...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, wrote:
> I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
> and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
> be good.
>
> www.quikdrawers.com
>
> Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?
>
> tia

You can go to your local Lowe's, Menard's or Home Depot, and find pull
out/slide out racks already made that are much easier to install.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:05:26 -0800, Nancy2 >
wrote:

>On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, wrote:
>> I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
>> and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
>> be good.
>>
>> www.quikdrawers.com
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?
>>
>> tia

>You can go to your local Lowe's, Menard's or Home Depot, and find pull
>out/slide out racks already made that are much easier to install.
>
>N.

That's what I said...my neighbor bought hers at Home Depot, paid 3
times as much and they were not fit to her cabinets.

I guess I'll just order them and see for myself...I think I would
rather have them fit my cabinets for a third of the price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:05:26 -0800, Nancy2 >
> wrote:
>
>>On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, wrote:
>>> I have been wanting to add shelving to my pantry and other cabinets
>>> and found these online. They look good, and the price really seems to
>>> be good.
>>>
>>> www.quikdrawers.com
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any experience with buying these? Is the price good?
>>>
>>> tia

>>You can go to your local Lowe's, Menard's or Home Depot, and find pull
>>out/slide out racks already made that are much easier to install.
>>
>>N.

> That's what I said...my neighbor bought hers at Home Depot, paid 3
> times as much and they were not fit to her cabinets.
>
> I guess I'll just order them and see for myself...I think I would
> rather have them fit my cabinets for a third of the price.

I had a knife drawer that was on wooden pull-outs which was driving me nuts
because it was so hard to pull out. DH had to reconfigure the opening, cut
down the drawer, cut down the sides of the opening, make new pieces, saw/cut
off the metal slides ($8) none of which fit our opening, the job took two
days -- cost $8 for the rack. I hated to see him go through this pain ;-))
But it did work. Now it slides out so darned fast, I have to be careful,
because I was used to tugging on it.

If I were not handy (or had a DH that is handy) I'd think about saving money
for someone to come in and have it done -- but an experienced person,
otherwise it might take a long time ;-)))

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:13:39 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>>>You can go to your local Lowe's, Menard's or Home Depot, and find pull
>>>out/slide out racks already made that are much easier to install.
>>>
>>>N.

>> That's what I said...my neighbor bought hers at Home Depot, paid 3
>> times as much and they were not fit to her cabinets.
>>
>> I guess I'll just order them and see for myself...I think I would
>> rather have them fit my cabinets for a third of the price.

>I had a knife drawer that was on wooden pull-outs which was driving me nuts
>because it was so hard to pull out. DH had to reconfigure the opening, cut
>down the drawer, cut down the sides of the opening, make new pieces, saw/cut
>off the metal slides ($8) none of which fit our opening, the job took two
>days -- cost $8 for the rack. I hated to see him go through this pain ;-))
>But it did work. Now it slides out so darned fast, I have to be careful,
>because I was used to tugging on it.
>
>If I were not handy (or had a DH that is handy) I'd think about saving money
>for someone to come in and have it done -- but an experienced person,
>otherwise it might take a long time ;-)))
>
>Dee Dee

thx dee dee,

my hubby is quite the installer....thx so much for the insight

meme

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

>>> That's what I said...my neighbor bought hers at Home Depot, paid 3
>>> times as much and they were not fit to her cabinets.
>>>
>>> I guess I'll just order them and see for myself...I think I would
>>> rather have them fit my cabinets for a third of the price.

>>I had a knife drawer that was on wooden pull-outs which was driving me
>>nuts
>>because it was so hard to pull out. DH had to reconfigure the opening,
>>cut
>>down the drawer, cut down the sides of the opening, make new pieces,
>>saw/cut
>>off the metal slides ($8) none of which fit our opening, the job took two
>>days -- cost $8 for the rack. I hated to see him go through this pain
>>;-))
>>But it did work. Now it slides out so darned fast, I have to be careful,
>>because I was used to tugging on it.
>>
>>If I were not handy (or had a DH that is handy) I'd think about saving
>>money
>>for someone to come in and have it done -- but an experienced person,
>>otherwise it might take a long time ;-)))
>>
>>Dee Dee
>>

> thx dee dee,
>
> my hubby is quite the installer....thx so much for the insight
>
> meme

Good luck -
Dee Dee