FoodBanter.com

-   -   Making Good Espresso (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/139276-making-good-espresso.html)

33223 07-11-2007 04:11 AM

Making Good Espresso

The espresso machine has a metal filter basket filled with finely
ground coffee which is called a shot. The espresso shot is then patted
or tamped down to compress the grounds into a dense puck. The shot is
locked under the brewer and then heated water is forced through the
fine grounds. The pressure of the tamping and the filtered water,
combined with how fine the coffee grinds are, will influence the
quality of the final espresso beverage. A double shot of espresso
should make 2 to 2.5 ounces of beverage in 20 to 25 seconds, and
should be about 160 to 165 degrees in the cup. This is generally
considered the recipe for a quality cup of espresso. An espresso
machine also has a steam wand that is used to froth milk for milk-
based espresso beverages like cappuccinos and lattes. Different
machines will vary in style, price, features, speed, and consistency,
and will produce different qualities of espresso and espresso
beverages.

http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Buy...so-Machine.htm

[email protected] 07-11-2007 02:27 PM

Making Good Espresso

[email protected] 07-11-2007 02:30 PM

Making Good Espresso

On Nov 6, 10:11 pm, 33223 > wrote:
> Making Good Espresso
>
> The espresso machine has a metal filter basket filled with finely
> ground coffee which is called a shot. The espresso shot is then patted
> or tamped down to compress the grounds into a dense puck. The shot is
> locked under the brewer and then heated water is forced through the
> fine grounds. The pressure of the tamping and the filtered water,
> combined with how fine the coffee grinds are, will influence the
> quality of the final espresso beverage. A double shot of espresso
> should make 2 to 2.5 ounces of beverage in 20 to 25 seconds, and
> should be about 160 to 165 degrees in the cup. This is generally
> considered the recipe for a quality cup of espresso. An espresso
> machine also has a steam wand that is used to froth milk for milk-
> based espresso beverages like cappuccinos and lattes. Different
> machines will vary in style, price, features, speed, and consistency,
> and will produce different qualities of espresso and espresso
> beverages.
>
> http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Buy...so-Machine.htm

The only way to make good expresso is to directly to Italy. Anything
else just pales in comparison.
So, get on a plane and experience the real thing, It will enlighten
you.

travelbug
http://joyangel123.googlepages.com

Dee.Dee 07-11-2007 03:33 PM

Making Good Espresso

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Nov 6, 10:11 pm, 33223 > wrote:
>> Making Good Espresso
>>
>> The espresso machine has a metal filter basket filled with finely
>> ground coffee which is called a shot. The espresso shot is then patted
>> or tamped down to compress the grounds into a dense puck. The shot is
>> locked under the brewer and then heated water is forced through the
>> fine grounds. The pressure of the tamping and the filtered water,
>> combined with how fine the coffee grinds are, will influence the
>> quality of the final espresso beverage. A double shot of espresso
>> should make 2 to 2.5 ounces of beverage in 20 to 25 seconds, and
>> should be about 160 to 165 degrees in the cup. This is generally
>> considered the recipe for a quality cup of espresso. An espresso
>> machine also has a steam wand that is used to froth milk for milk-
>> based espresso beverages like cappuccinos and lattes. Different
>> machines will vary in style, price, features, speed, and consistency,
>> and will produce different qualities of espresso and espresso
>> beverages.
>>
>> http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Buy...so-Machine.htm

> The only way to make good expresso is to directly to Italy. Anything
> else just pales in comparison.
> So, get on a plane and experience the real thing, It will enlighten
> you.
>
> travelbug
> http://joyangel123.googlepages.com

You ought to post this at alt.coffee. You will enjoy reading your
Dee Dee

Wayne Boatwright[_3_] 08-11-2007 02:13 AM

Making Good Espresso

Oh pshaw, on Wed 07 Nov 2007 07:33:59a, Dee.Dee meant to say...

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Nov 6, 10:11 pm, 33223 > wrote:
>>> Making Good Espresso
>>>
>>> The espresso machine has a metal filter basket filled with finely
>>> ground coffee which is called a shot. The espresso shot is then patted
>>> or tamped down to compress the grounds into a dense puck. The shot is
>>> locked under the brewer and then heated water is forced through the
>>> fine grounds. The pressure of the tamping and the filtered water,
>>> combined with how fine the coffee grinds are, will influence the
>>> quality of the final espresso beverage. A double shot of espresso
>>> should make 2 to 2.5 ounces of beverage in 20 to 25 seconds, and
>>> should be about 160 to 165 degrees in the cup. This is generally
>>> considered the recipe for a quality cup of espresso. An espresso
>>> machine also has a steam wand that is used to froth milk for milk-
>>> based espresso beverages like cappuccinos and lattes. Different
>>> machines will vary in style, price, features, speed, and consistency,
>>> and will produce different qualities of espresso and espresso
>>> beverages.
>>>
>>> http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Buy...so-Machine.htm

>> The only way to make good expresso is to directly to Italy. Anything
>> else just pales in comparison.
>> So, get on a plane and experience the real thing, It will enlighten
>> you.
>>
>> travelbug
>> http://joyangel123.googlepages.com

> You ought to post this at alt.coffee. You will enjoy reading your
> Dee Dee

You are a wicked person, Dee Dee.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Modem: What landscapers do to dem lawns.