Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Local gourmand

My son and I were at Cici's Pizza. The manager on duty asked me if
I'd tried the chicken soup. He really pressured me into trying it
because he said that he knew that I could give him something like
precise criticism, or something like that. I told him that of the
things I was known for around town, that one made me want to go back
on a diet. There is no logical leap from *that guy eats a lot at out
all-you-can-eat buffet* to *that guy really knows his food*. I
wonder, does he read one of the Usenet food groups that I post to? My
screenname/bandname are the same, and it's on my leather jacket.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:47:36 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® >
wrote:

>My son and I were at Cici's Pizza. The manager on duty asked me if
>I'd tried the chicken soup. He really pressured me into trying it
>because he said that he knew that I could give him something like
>precise criticism, or something like that. I told him that of the
>things I was known for around town, that one made me want to go back
>on a diet. There is no logical leap from *that guy eats a lot at out
>all-you-can-eat buffet* to *that guy really knows his food*. I
>wonder, does he read one of the Usenet food groups that I post to? My
>screenname/bandname are the same, and it's on my leather jacket.

Which means you can run... but you can't hide!

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 6:47 pm, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:47:36 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® >
> wrote:
>
> >My son and I were at Cici's Pizza. The manager on duty asked me if
> >I'd tried the chicken soup. He really pressured me into trying it
> >because he said that he knew that I could give him something like
> >precise criticism, or something like that. I told him that of the
> >things I was known for around town, that one made me want to go back
> >on a diet. There is no logical leap from *that guy eats a lot at out
> >all-you-can-eat buffet* to *that guy really knows his food*. I
> >wonder, does he read one of the Usenet food groups that I post to? My
> >screenname/bandname are the same, and it's on my leather jacket.

> Which means you can run... but you can't hide!

Apparently, some folks have noticed that I might have trouble
squeezing into hiding places.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:47:36 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
>> My son and I were at Cici's Pizza. The manager on duty asked me if
>> I'd tried the chicken soup. He really pressured me into trying it
>> because he said that he knew that I could give him something like
>> precise criticism, or something like that. I told him that of the
>> things I was known for around town, that one made me want to go back
>> on a diet. There is no logical leap from *that guy eats a lot at out
>> all-you-can-eat buffet* to *that guy really knows his food*. I
>> wonder, does he read one of the Usenet food groups that I post to? My
>> screenname/bandname are the same, and it's on my leather jacket.

> We'll add Cici's pizza (The $3.95* AYCE pizza buffet) to
> aspartame and Splenda on the list of utterly pathetic shit-food
> you eat. Yet you still have the nerve to constantly whine about
> other's people's choice of foods that you consider unhealthy,
> processed, or otherwise low-class.
>
> (*) Cici's used to be a $2.95 AYCE buffet but the price recently
> went up.
>
> -sw

I cannot STAND CiCi's food. My kids don't even like the pizza. They'd
rather eat pizza at home.

--
-Gina in Italy

http://www.myspace.com/ravenlynne1975
I'm a blogger: http://ravenwolflodge.blogspot.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 12:38 am, ravenlynne > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:47:36 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> >> My son and I were at Cici's Pizza. The manager on duty asked me if
> >> I'd tried the chicken soup. He really pressured me into trying it
> >> because he said that he knew that I could give him something like
> >> precise criticism, or something like that. I told him that of the
> >> things I was known for around town, that one made me want to go back
> >> on a diet. There is no logical leap from *that guy eats a lot at out
> >> all-you-can-eat buffet* to *that guy really knows his food*. I
> >> wonder, does he read one of the Usenet food groups that I post to? My
> >> screenname/bandname are the same, and it's on my leather jacket.

> > We'll add Cici's pizza (The $3.95* AYCE pizza buffet) to
> > aspartame and Splenda on the list of utterly pathetic shit-food
> > you eat.

I do NOT post recipes with Splenda. I'm just honest about using it,
and it has one real upside. It is calorie-free. Congrats on not
being overweight.

> Yet you still have the nerve to constantly whine about
> > other's people's choice of foods that you consider unhealthy,

Partially hydrogenated oils ARE unhealthy. It isn't just me
*considering* them unhealthy.

> > processed,

Which of those "processed" items are you defending?

> > or otherwise low-class.

Class?

> > (*) Cici's used to be a $2.95 AYCE buffet but the price recently
> > went up.

> > -sw

> I cannot STAND CiCi's food. My kids don't even like the pizza.
> They'd rather eat pizza at home.

My 5 YO loves it, especially the variety. At their prices, you do get
what you pay for. One good thing it that they don't use part-skim
cheeses. Cici's is fast food. Going there is the one single
incentive to stellar behavior that consistently works with my 5 YO.

One would hope that any successful meal you make at home would be
better than Cici's.

> --
> -Gina in Italy

--Bryan

Not Local aem General Cooking 2 26-01-2010 01:00 AM
Thanks to my local grocery The Cook General Cooking 7 21-11-2009 12:25 PM
Mystery Gourmand In Tyler, Tx! JVillanueva Restaurants 2 04-04-2009 03:26 PM
Beach Recipe for the Gourmand Sonoran Dude Mexican Cooking 4 28-01-2007 04:44 PM
Gourmand Management Group's Website Launches! James Toland Restaurants 5 20-06-2004 03:24 AM