Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Default US-made pizza recalled due to E. coli; maybe China should boycott all US-made pizzas

http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101

Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
Thursday.

General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.

The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.

General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
becoming ill.

The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food
Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients
recovered.

The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information
General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected,
General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same
reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers
provided the pepperoni.

E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody
diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with
compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne
disease.

The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozen pizza and
three types of Jeno's brand frozen pizza with pepperoni topping, or
pepperoni in combination with other toppings.

The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and
distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently
making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman
Tom Forsythe said.

You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted with E-coli like
last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping on China just
because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
picking on China in vain.

David Huang

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
> picking on China in vain.

Picking on China NEVER is in vain.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

so solly china man no likee pizza
On Nov 2, 9:23 am, wrote:
> http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101
>
> Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
>
> CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> Thursday.
>
> General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.
>
> The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.
>
> General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> becoming ill.
>
> The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food
> Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients
> recovered.
>
> The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information
> General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected,
> General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same
> reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers
> provided the pepperoni.
>
> E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody
> diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with
> compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne
> disease.
>
> The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozen pizza and
> three types of Jeno's brand frozen pizza with pepperoni topping, or
> pepperoni in combination with other toppings.
>
> The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and
> distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently
> making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman
> Tom Forsythe said.

> You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
> manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted with E-coli like
> last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
> have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping on China just
> because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
> industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
> picking on China in vain.
>
> David Huang

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101
>
> Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
>
> CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> Thursday.
>
> General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.
>
> The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.
>
> General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> becoming ill.

That's their punishment for microwaving frozen pizza.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 8:42 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> That's their punishment for microwaving frozen pizza.-

That brings up an important question. . .Would baking in a
conventional oven instead of microwaving, even kill E. coli???

Myrl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jeno's/Totino's pizza recalled due to possible E. coli

On Nov 2, 2:35 pm, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." >
wrote:
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message

> > > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > >http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101

> > > Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli

> > > CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> > > pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> > > pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> > > Thursday.

> > > General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> > > recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> > > stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> > > freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.

> > > The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> > > authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.

> > > General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> > > Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> > > becoming ill.

At first I thought, "Why post that here? No one who reads this NG
would eat those." I was wrong (see below).

> > That's their punishment for microwaving frozen pizza.

> (Fixed the subject line to reflect the actual topic of discussion.)
>
> There have got to be other factors involved beyond just microwaving frozen
> pizza.
>
> That's because I microwaved a Jeno's Combination (Pepperoni and Sausage)
> pizza just two days before the recall.
>
> 100% Power for 4 minutes, then about 2 minutes in a toaster oven set at the
> highest Toast temperature setting, just to make the crust crispy, which may
> have further cooked the pizza but for the most part, it was cooked in the
> microwave.
>
> The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza (often sold
> for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from eating that pizza.

I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
answer is, people like you.

> I did, however, discard the other Jeno's Combination pizza I had in the
> freezer as a precaution after the recall was announced, even though I could
> have probably microwave-cooked that pizza, and used the toaster oven to make
> the crust cripsy just as with the other pizza I made two days prior to the
> recall.

You could have eaten that crappy, trans-fatty, imitation cheese piece
of shit.
It would've been perfect for a guy like you.
You are what you eat.

--Bryan

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

On Nov 2, 9:23 am, wrote:
> http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101
>
> Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
>
> CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> Thursday.
>
> General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.
>
> The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.
>
> General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> becoming ill.
>
> The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food
> Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients
> recovered.
>
> The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information
> General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected,
> General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same
> reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers
> provided the pepperoni.
>
> E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody
> diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with
> compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne
> disease.
>
> The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozen pizza and
> three types of Jeno's brand frozen pizza with pepperoni topping, or
> pepperoni in combination with other toppings.
>
> The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and
> distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently
> making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman
> Tom Forsythe said.

> You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
> manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted with E-coli like
> last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
> have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping on China just
> because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
> industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
> picking on China in vain.
>
> David Huang

E coli has nothing to do with the deliberate use of lead and
diethylene glycol in products.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101
> >
> > Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
> >
> > CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> > pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> > pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> > Thursday.
> >
> > General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> > recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
> > stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
> > freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.
> >
> > The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
> > authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.
> >
> > General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> > Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
> > becoming ill.

> That's their punishment for microwaving frozen pizza.

(Fixed the subject line to reflect the actual topic of discussion.)

There have got to be other factors involved beyond just microwaving frozen
pizza.

That's because I microwaved a Jeno's Combination (Pepperoni and Sausage)
pizza just two days before the recall.

100% Power for 4 minutes, then about 2 minutes in a toaster oven set at the
highest Toast temperature setting, just to make the crust crispy, which may
have further cooked the pizza but for the most part, it was cooked in the
microwave.

The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza (often sold
for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from eating that pizza.

I did, however, discard the other Jeno's Combination pizza I had in the
freezer as a precaution after the recall was announced, even though I could
have probably microwave-cooked that pizza, and used the toaster oven to make
the crust cripsy just as with the other pizza I made two days prior to the
recall.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

"Siskuwihane" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Nov 2, 9:23 am, wrote:
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101
>>
>> Totino's and Jeno's pizza recalled due to E. coli
>>
>> CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
>> pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
>> pepperoni may be contaminated with E. coli, General Mills Inc said on
>> Thursday.
>>
>> General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
>> recall affects about 414,000 cases of pizza products currently in
>> stores and all similar pizza products that might be in consumers'
>> freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.
>>
>> The possible E. coli contamination was uncovered by state and federal
>> authorities investigating 21 E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.
>>
>> General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
>> Totino's or Jeno's pizza with pepperoni topping at some point before
>> becoming ill.
>>
>> The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food
>> Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients
>> recovered.
>>
>> The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information
>> General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected,
>> General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same
>> reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers
>> provided the pepperoni.
>>
>> E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody
>> diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with
>> compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne
>> disease.
>>
>> The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozen pizza and
>> three types of Jeno's brand frozen pizza with pepperoni topping, or
>> pepperoni in combination with other toppings.
>>
>> The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and
>> distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently
>> making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman
>> Tom Forsythe said.

>> You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
>> manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted with E-coli like
>> last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
>> have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping on China just
>> because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
>> industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
>> picking on China in vain.
>>
>> David Huang

> E coli has nothing to do with the deliberate use of lead and
> diethylene glycol in products.

It does if you're an idiot, like the OP.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote

>> The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza
>> (often sold for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from
>> eating that pizza.

> I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
> answer is, people like you.

Hell, a frozen pizza for less than 1$... it can't be food. Or is it?
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 5:34 pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote
>
> >> The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza
> >> (often sold for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from
> >> eating that pizza.

> > I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
> > answer is, people like you.

> Hell, a frozen pizza for less than 1$... it can't be food. Or is it?

I say, no. People buy that crap and make it for their kids, and the
kids' friends. It is made with imitation cheese. I don't think that
Sandra Lee would even eat it.

> --
> Vilco

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:

> Bobo Bonobo® wrote
>
> >> The pizza was as good as it could get for a cheap frozen pizza
> >> (often sold for $1.00 or less), but I also didn't get sick from
> >> eating that pizza.

> > I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
> > answer is, people like you.

> Hell, a frozen pizza for less than 1$... it can't be food. Or is it?
> --
> Vilco
> Think pink, drink rose'

They are very small pizzas with not much topping (or flavour LOL).
However my mother likes them and I'm happy to have her eat them
considering how underweight she is right now!

But we threw out the pepperoni one and will be applying to the
manufacturer for a refund.
A large company like that should be able to maintain better quality
control!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 6:45 pm, Arri London > wrote:
> Vilco wrote:
>
> > Bobo Bonobo® wrote

> > > I wondered what kind of person would eat that crap. I guess the
> > > answer is, people like you.

> > Hell, a frozen pizza for less than 1$... it can't be food. Or is it?
> > --
> > Vilco
> > Think pink, drink rose'

> They are very small pizzas with not much topping (or flavour LOL).
> However my mother likes them and I'm happy to have her eat them
> considering how underweight she is right now!
>
> But we threw out the pepperoni one and will be applying to the
> manufacturer for a refund.
> A large company like that should be able to maintain better quality
> control!

There is no quality to begin with. Imitation cheese.

--Bryan

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus > wrote:
> In news:rec.food.cooking, posted on Fri,
> 02 Nov 2007 07:23:52 -0700:
>
>> You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
>> manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted with E-coli like
>> last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
>> have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping on China just
>> because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
>> industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
>> picking on China in vain.

> A lady I work with was telling me about this story this morning at work. She
> said that the pepperoni used on the Totino's pizza is actually made in China,

No it isnt.

> and it's the pepperoni that's the problem here.

> And you know, it's also interesting that all these stories about Chinese-made
> product recalls is coming about as the dollar sinks lower and lower. It almost
> sounds like some kind of economic warfare with China...

Only to those who are a sucker for a mindless conspiracy theory.

The real reason is the trillion bucks thats been ****ed against the wall in Iraq.

> China, a country which supposedly holds a great portion of our national debt.

So it aint in their interest to see the value of the dollar decline, stupid.

AND they have chosen to lock their own currency to the USD too. Funny that.

> How that happened, who knows.

Its obvious how that happened to anyone with even half a
clue, they sell lot more to the US than they buy from the US.

Same thing happened with Japan until the chinese got their act into gear.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

On Nov 2, 3:29 pm, Siskuwihane > wrote:
> On Nov 2, 9:23 am, wrote:
>

> >http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...AS984320071101

> > Totino's and Jeno'spizzarecalled due toE. coli

> > CHICAGO (Reuters) - Almost five million Totino's and Jeno's frozen
> > pizzas with pepperoni toppings are being recalled because the
> > pepperoni may be contaminated withE. coli, General Mills Inc said on
> > Thursday.

> > General Mills, which owns the Totino's and Jeno's brands, said the
> > recall affects about 414,000 cases ofpizzaproducts currently in
> > stores and all similarpizzaproducts that might be in consumers'
> > freezers. Each case contains 12 pizzas.

> > The possibleE. colicontamination was uncovered by state and federal
> > authorities investigating 21E. coli-related illnesses in 10 states.

> > General Mills said nine of the 21 people reported having eaten
> > Totino's or Jeno'spizzawith pepperoni topping at some point before
> > becoming ill.

> > The people became ill between July 20 and October 10, the USDA's Food
> > Safety and Inspection Service said, adding that all the patients
> > recovered.

> > The people did not have packages with dates codes or other information
> > General Mills needs to narrow down which pizzas might be affected,
> > General Mills spokesman Tom Forsythe said, adding that, for the same
> > reason, the company could not determine which of its suppliers
> > provided the pepperoni.

> >E.coliO157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody
> > diarrhea and dehydration. The very young, seniors and persons with
> > compromised immune systems are the most vulnerable to food borne
> > disease.

> > The recall includes eight types of Totino's brand frozenpizzaand
> > three types of Jeno's brand frozenpizzawith pepperoni topping, or
> > pepperoni in combination with other toppings.

> > The frozen pizzas were produced in its Wellston, Ohio, plant and
> > distributed throughout the United States. The plant is currently
> > making other pizzas, but not with pepperoni, General Mills spokesman
> > Tom Forsythe said.

> > You get the message: US made products may be just as bad as Chinese
> > manufactured ones: So many products may be tainted withE-colilike
> > last fall's lettuce. Protectionism can go both ways. I'd rather not
> > have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping onChinajust
> > because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
> > industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
> > picking onChinain vain.

> > David Huang

> E colihas nothing to do with the deliberate use of lead and
> diethylene glycol in products.

It doesn't matter whether it's deliberate or not: the result is the
same. The FDA is supposed to guard you from eating e-coli and other
germ-infested food, like last fall's contaminated lettuce from
California. And in case the contamination is *not* deliberate, it's
still classified as negligence in tort law. You can basically go and
sue the grower, the FDA, the distributer and your local supermarket
for failing to safeguard your health. You put your trust in them, so
it's a negligence and a breach of trust.

David Huang

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> [...]

>> > have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping onChinajust
>> > because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
>> > industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
>> > picking onChinain vain.

>> > David Huang

>> E colihas nothing to do with the deliberate use of lead and
>> diethylene glycol in products.

> It doesn't matter whether it's deliberate or not: the result is the
> same. The FDA is supposed to guard you from eating e-coli and other
> germ-infested food, like last fall's contaminated lettuce from
> California. And in case the contamination is *not* deliberate, it's
> still classified as negligence in tort law. You can basically go and
> sue the grower, the FDA, the distributer and your local supermarket
> for failing to safeguard your health. You put your trust in them, so
> it's a negligence and a breach of trust.

Sue the supermarket? That's a stretch, unless you could prove the
supermarket knew of sloppy practices at the lettuce farm.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
> [...]

> > > have Pelosi and her protectionist congress dumping onChinajust
> > > because their own consumers prefer Chinese stuff to their own
> > > industry. The US should fix their own trade deficit rather than
> > > picking onChinain vain.

> > > David Huang

> > E colihas nothing to do with the deliberate use of lead and
> > diethylene glycol in products.

> It doesn't matter whether it's deliberate or not: the result is the
> same. The FDA is supposed to guard you from eating e-coli and other
> germ-infested food, like last fall's contaminated lettuce from
> California. And in case the contamination is *not* deliberate, it's
> still classified as negligence in tort law. You can basically go and
> sue the grower, the FDA, the distributer and your local supermarket
> for failing to safeguard your health. You put your trust in them, so
> it's a negligence and a breach of trust.

Then stop buying food and grow/raise your own. Problem solved.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:54:20 +1100:

> Damaeus > wrote:
> > And you know, it's also interesting that all these stories about Chinese-made
> > product recalls is coming about as the dollar sinks lower and lower. It almost
> > sounds like some kind of economic warfare with China...

> Only to those who are a sucker for a mindless conspiracy theory.
>
> The real reason is the trillion bucks thats been ****ed against the wall in Iraq.

It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that they're
just creating the money out of thin air. The government needs money, so
federal reserve prints the money that's needed and loans it to the
government and charges them interest on it.

> > China, a country which supposedly holds a great portion of our national debt.

> So it aint in their interest to see the value of the dollar decline, stupid.

Stupid? /sigh Nice of you to accent your message so.

And the Chinese think of the long term, unlike the United States. If China
can take a financial hit now to make the USA a third world country, they'll
do it if they can see a benefit for themselves, even in the distant future,
stupid.

> AND they have chosen to lock their own currency to the USD too. Funny that.

And if they choose to switch to the Euro?

> > How that happened, who knows.

> Its obvious how that happened to anyone with even half a
> clue, they sell lot more to the US than they buy from the US.

And how long will that last as more and more reports surface about
dangerous Chinese products?

Damaeus

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus > wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote
>> Damaeus > wrote

>>> And you know, it's also interesting that all these stories about
>>> Chinese-made product recalls is coming about as the dollar sinks
>>> lower and lower. It almost sounds like some kind of economic
>>> warfare with China...

>> Only to those who are a sucker for a mindless conspiracy theory.

>> The real reason is the trillion bucks thats been ****ed against the wall in Iraq.

> It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that
> they're just creating the money out of thin air. The government
> needs money, so federal reserve prints the money that's needed
> and loans it to the government and charges them interest on it.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
dont actually have a clue about how deficits are funded.

>>> China, a country which supposedly holds a great portion of our national debt.

>> So it aint in their interest to see the value of the dollar decline, stupid.

> Stupid? /sigh

Heavy breathing aint gunna save your bacon.

> Nice of you to accent your message so.

It isnt an accent, its clearly an accurate description.

> And the Chinese think of the long term, unlike the United States.

Have fun explaining what Mao got up to.

> If China can take a financial hit now to make the USA a third world country,

You clearly wouldnt know what a third world country
was if one bit you on your lard arse, child.

> they'll do it if they can see a benefit for themselves, even in the distant future, stupid.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

>> AND they have chosen to lock their own currency to the USD too.
>> Funny that.

> And if they choose to switch to the Euro?

They wont, you watch.

>>> How that happened, who knows.

>> Its obvious how that happened to anyone with even half a
>> clue, they sell lot more to the US than they buy from the US.

> And how long will that last as more and more reports
> surface about dangerous Chinese products?

Forever when china gets its act into gear and puts a bullet in the back of the
neck of the fools that are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Default crashing US dollar

Damaeus wrote:

>In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
>Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:54:20 +1100:
>

>>Damaeus > wrote:
>>

>>>And you know, it's also interesting that all these stories about Chinese-made
>>>product recalls is coming about as the dollar sinks lower and lower. It almost
>>>sounds like some kind of economic warfare with China...
>>>

>>Only to those who are a sucker for a mindless conspiracy theory.
>>
>>The real reason is the trillion bucks thats been ****ed against the wall in Iraq.
>>

>It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that they're
>just creating the money out of thin air. The government needs money, so
>federal reserve prints the money that's needed and loans it to the
>government and charges them interest on it.

and such debt is simply being passed onto the next generation. Read
somewhere that GW has been the biggest spender since Lyndon Johnson -
two of the biggest spenders of all times.

Gotta love that GW leadership of spend & borrow.

Then again, all that debt is the major reason for the ever declining US
dollar & consequently the rising price of oil. It'll likely be the
basis for an inflationary period that we should soon be entering.

Oil has only climbed moderately when priced in Euros.
Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:06:36 +1100:

> Damaeus > wrote
>
> > It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that
> > they're just creating the money out of thin air. The government
> > needs money, so federal reserve prints the money that's needed
> > and loans it to the government and charges them interest on it.

> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
> dont actually have a clue about how deficits are funded.

And I see that you offer no alternative explanation. Here's my
documentation:

http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/Ron-P...und-money.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/englund7.html

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...or_nh_primary/

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/fedre...d19dec05.shtml

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul124.html

http://www.fdrs.org/fed.html

http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1889

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ederal_Reserve

> > they'll do it if they can see a benefit for themselves, even in the distant future, stupid.

> Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

You're in the drug-crazed fantasy. You think everything is great. The
government always tells the truth. CNN and Fox News always tell the truth.
You believe everything you're told as long as they say that everything is
fine...and can you be that sure?

> > And how long will that last as more and more reports
> > surface about dangerous Chinese products?

> Forever when china gets its act into gear and puts a bullet in the back of the
> neck of the fools that are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally.

Killing people is your answer? Well, that figures. I think it was
probably known that these products weren't safe long before the reports
started coming out. I used to be more gullible and trusting that people
really had the best interests of their fellow man in mind in all things,
but the more I see, the more I believe that many of these executives don't
give a sailing shit about anything but money and how they can get more of
it.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus wrote:
> In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
> Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:06:36 +1100:
>
>> Damaeus > wrote
>>
>>> It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that
>>> they're just creating the money out of thin air. The government
>>> needs money, so federal reserve prints the money that's needed
>>> and loans it to the government and charges them interest on it.

>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
>> dont actually have a clue about how deficits are funded.

> And I see that you offer no alternative explanation. Here's my
> documentation:
>
> http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/Ron-P...und-money.html
>
> http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/englund7.html
>
> http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...or_nh_primary/
>
> http://educate-yourself.org/cn/fedre...d19dec05.shtml
>
> http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul124.html
>
> http://www.fdrs.org/fed.html
>
> http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1889
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ederal_Reserve
>
>>> they'll do it if they can see a benefit for themselves, even in the distant future, stupid.

>> Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

> You're in the drug-crazed fantasy. You think everything is great. The
> government always tells the truth. CNN and Fox News always tell the truth.
> You believe everything you're told as long as they say that everything is
> fine...and can you be that sure?

Rod's idea of a cite is to yell "bullshit". You know you really got
under his skin when he reverts to the flusing mode.

>>> And how long will that last as more and more reports
>>> surface about dangerous Chinese products?

>> Forever when china gets its act into gear and puts a bullet in the back of the
>> neck of the fools that are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally.

> Killing people is your answer? Well, that figures. I think it was
> probably known that these products weren't safe long before the reports
> started coming out. I used to be more gullible and trusting that people
> really had the best interests of their fellow man in mind in all things,
> but the more I see, the more I believe that many of these executives don't
> give a sailing shit about anything but money and how they can get more of
> it.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus > wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote
>> Damaeus > wrote

>>> It's not so much where the money is being spent, but the fact that
>>> they're just creating the money out of thin air. The government
>>> needs money, so federal reserve prints the money that's needed
>>> and loans it to the government and charges them interest on it.

>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
>> dont actually have a clue about how deficits are funded.

> And I see that you offer no alternative explanation.

Dont need to. Any basic text on economics covers that.

Even wikipedia does too.

> Here's my documentation:

<reams of mindless pig ignorant shit flushed where it belongs>

>>> they'll do it if they can see a benefit for themselves, even in the distant future, stupid.

>> Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

> You're in the drug-crazed fantasy.

Cant even manage its own lines.

> You think everything is great.

You're lying now.

> The government always tells the truth.

Lying again.

> CNN and Fox News always tell the truth.

And again.

> You believe everything you're told as long as they say that everything is fine...

And again.

> and can you be that sure?

Yep, I've been observing the mindless hyperventilation by
fools like you since before you were even born thanks, child.

The doomsaying hasnt EVER happened yet. Funny that.

>>> And how long will that last as more and more
>>> reports surface about dangerous Chinese products?

>> Forever when china gets its act into gear and puts a bullet in the back of the
>> neck of the fools that are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally.

> Killing people is your answer?

Nope, its THEIR answer, stupid.

And they send the bill for the bullet to the relos too.

> Well, that figures.

Pathetic.

> I think it was probably known that these products
> weren't safe long before the reports started coming out.

Corse it was, which might just be why they werent allowed to do it like that.

And why some of them were excuted when they were
caught doing what they werent allowed to do too.

> I used to be more gullible and trusting that people really had the best
> interests of their fellow man in mind in all things, but the more I see,
> the more I believe that many of these executives don't give a sailing
> shit about anything but money and how they can get more of it.

And that is why China executes those caught behaving like that.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:42:00 +1100:

> Damaeus > wrote
> > Rod Speed > wrote
> >> Damaeus > wrote

> >> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
> >> dont actually have a clue about how deficits are funded.

> > And I see that you offer no alternative explanation.

> Dont need to. Any basic text on economics covers that.

Yes, what we learn in school, that American government is honest, faithful,
and always right, is exactly the truth, without question, as is the federal
reserve.

> Even wikipedia does too.
>
> > Here's my documentation:

> <reams of mindless pig ignorant shit flushed where it belongs>

Highly doubtful that you even looked at any of it in the 23 minutes between
our posts. I know what the official documentation says about the federal
reserve. But like I said before, you believe every official word, so it
seems.

> >> Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

> > You're in the drug-crazed fantasy.

> Cant even manage its own lines.

Huh? What ARE you talking about?

> > You think everything is great.

> You're lying now.

You've pretty much said that you think all conspiracy theories are "pig
ignorant," which seems to indicate that you believe everything you hear
from the government and mainstream media...that you swallow it all, hook,
line, sinker, and the fisherman, too, just like the good little obedient
sheep they want you to be.

> > You believe everything you're told as long as they say that everything is fine...

> And again.
>
> > and can you be that sure?

> Yep, I've been observing the mindless hyperventilation by
> fools like you since before you were even born thanks, child.
>
> The doomsaying hasnt EVER happened yet. Funny that.

We certainly can't have the government and corporations actually doing the
things that conspiracy theorists predict. That would lend them
credibility. No, it's much better to avoid doing the things that
conspiracy theorists predict so they can be discredited, and avoid
admitting having done the things that conspiracy theorists have discovered,
lest they lose their control of the people. Do you actually think there
would be a press conference in which the government or some corporation
announces that they've been lying to the people and the world so they can
make more money and live like royalty at the expense of the rest of us?

> >> Forever when china gets its act into gear and puts a bullet in the back of the
> >> neck of the fools that are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally.

> > Killing people is your answer?

> Nope, its THEIR answer, stupid.

Which you supported with waving flags, parades and fireworks in your
previous statement, which said, "Forever when china gets its act into gear
and puts a bullet in the back of the neck of the fools that are actually
stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally."

> > I think it was probably known that these products
> > weren't safe long before the reports started coming out.

> Corse it was, which might just be why they werent allowed to do it like that.
>
> And why some of them were excuted when they were
> caught doing what they werent allowed to do too.

And you probably masturbated to the news report.

> > I used to be more gullible and trusting that people really had the best
> > interests of their fellow man in mind in all things, but the more I see,
> > the more I believe that many of these executives don't give a sailing
> > shit about anything but money and how they can get more of it.

> And that is why China executes those caught behaving like that.

As if American businessmen don't do the same thing?

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus > wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote
>> Damaeus > wrote
>>> Rod Speed > wrote

>>> And I see that you offer no alternative explanation.

>> Dont need to. Any basic text on economics covers that.

> Yes, what we learn in school, that American government is honest, faithful, and
> always right, is exactly the truth, without question, as is the federal reserve.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

>> Even wikipedia does too.

>>> Here's my documentation:

>> <reams of mindless pig ignorant shit flushed where it belongs>

> Highly doubtful that you even looked at any of it in the 23 minutes between our posts.

Doesnt take anything like that long to see that that shit is just the
usual mindless pig ignorant shit that pathological liars like you spew.

Irrelevant to how deficits are funded, ****wit.

Economics texts aint 'official word', ****wit.

>>> You're in the drug-crazed fantasy.

>> Cant even manage its own lines.

> Huh? What ARE you talking about?

Even you cant actually be THAT stupid.

>>> You think everything is great.

>> You're lying now.

> You've pretty much said that you think all conspiracy theories are "pig ignorant,"

Lying, again.

> which seems to indicate that you believe everything
> you hear from the government and mainstream media...

You need your seems machinery seen to, child.

> that you swallow it all, hook, line, sinker, and the fisherman,
> too, just like the good little obedient sheep they want you to be.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be able to use
groups.google to find plenty of examples where I have said
nothing of the kind, if someone was actually stupid enough to
lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane, ****wit child.

>>> You believe everything you're told as long as they say that everything is fine...

>> And again.

>>> and can you be that sure?

>> Yep, I've been observing the mindless hyperventilation by
>> fools like you since before you were even born thanks, child.

>> The doomsaying hasnt EVER happened yet. Funny that.

> We certainly can't have the government and corporations actually
> doing the things that conspiracy theorists predict. That would lend
> them credibility. No, it's much better to avoid doing the things that
> conspiracy theorists predict so they can be discredited, and avoid
> admitting having done the things that conspiracy theorists have
> discovered, lest they lose their control of the people. Do you
> actually think there would be a press conference in which the
> government or some corporation announces that they've been
> lying to the people and the world so they can make more
> money and live like royalty at the expense of the rest of us?

Nope, but if what the mindless hyperventilaters keep proclaiming
is absolutely guaranteed to happen, actually did happen, that might
just suggest that just ocassional one of the mindlessly hyperventilators
might actually have had a point at the time it hyperventilated.

How odd that its never ever happened even once, child.

>>> Killing people is your answer?

>> Nope, its THEIR answer, stupid.

> Which you supported with waving flags, parades
> and fireworks in your previous statement,

You really should lay off those mind altering substances, child.

> which said, "Forever when china gets its act into gear
> and puts a bullet in the back of the neck of the fools that
> are actually stupid enough to do stuff like that, literally."

Nope, didnt support a damned thing, JUST rubbed your stupid
little nose in the FACT that they do that and that that is what will
discourage quite a few of them from continuing to do stuff like that.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed that its just a tad
difficult to keep doing stuff like that once you are dead and what useful
organs you have have been sold off to the highest bidder for transplants etc.

>>> I think it was probably known that these products
>>> weren't safe long before the reports started coming out.

>> Corse it was, which might just be why they werent allowed to do it like that.

>> And why some of them were excuted when they were
>> caught doing what they werent allowed to do too.

> And you probably masturbated to the news report.

You're the one with your tiny little dick in your hand, child.

>>> I used to be more gullible and trusting that people really had the best
>>> interests of their fellow man in mind in all things, but the more I see,
>>> the more I believe that many of these executives don't give a sailing
>>> shit about anything but money and how they can get more of it.

>> And that is why China executes those caught behaving like that.

> As if American businessmen don't do the same thing?

You were the one mindlessly rabitting on about chinese imports, ****wit child.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

In news:rec.food.cooking, "Rod Speed" > posted on
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 20:05:34 +1100:

> Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be able to use
> groups.google to find plenty of examples where I have said
> nothing of the kind, if someone was actually stupid enough to
> lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane, ****wit child.

Okay, it's impossible to have a conversation with someone who dances down
both sides of the aisles...troll.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Damaeus > wrote
> Rod Speed > wrote

>> Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be able to use
>> groups.google to find plenty of examples where I have said
>> nothing of the kind, if someone was actually stupid enough to
>> lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane, ****wit child.

> Okay, it's impossible to have a conversation with
> someone who dances down both sides of the aisles...troll.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag, ****wit pathological liar.

Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.politics.usa.misc,rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.taiwan,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers

Rod Speed wrote:
> Damaeus > wrote
>> Rod Speed > wrote

>>> Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be able to use
>>> groups.google to find plenty of examples where I have said
>>> nothing of the kind, if someone was actually stupid enough to
>>> lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane, ****wit child.

>> Okay, it's impossible to have a conversation with
>> someone who dances down both sides of the aisles...troll.

> Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag, ****wit pathological liar.

Off your meds again,welfare boy? This flushing bot is sure to follow.