FoodBanter.com

-   -   Rival crock pot..."warm" setting. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/138740-rival-crock-pot-warm.html)

Mitch@... 31-10-2007 09:35 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
hours/temp settings.

When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."

There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

Does anyone know how?

Sheldon 31-10-2007 11:00 PM

On Oct 31, 5:35?pm, Mitch@... wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

http://www.crockpot.com/getmanuals.aspx

Good luck.

Sheldon

[email protected] 01-11-2007 09:39 PM

On Oct 31, 5:35 pm, Mitch@... wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I was just trying to figure this out. Try holding down Cook Time
while plugging it in. It worked on mine.

Sheldon 01-11-2007 11:55 PM

On Nov 1, 5:39?pm, wrote:
> On Oct 31, 5:35 pm, Mitch@... wrote:
>
> > I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> > It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> > hours/temp settings.

> > When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."

> > There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> > pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

> > Does anyone know how?

> I was just trying to figure this out. Try holding down Cook Time
> while plugging it in. It worked on mine.

I think I'd rather download the user's manual from the site I posted
and follow the directions contained therein... your method doesn't
sound like anything the manufacturer would suggest, could even
permanently damage the electronic chip.

[email protected] 17-01-2018 08:28 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

[email protected] 04-07-2018 06:34 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

Holding the power button down when pluging in the cord works great

[email protected] 17-10-2018 05:10 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again

jmcquown[_2_] 17-10-2018 05:11 PM

On 10/17/2018 12:10 PM, wrote:
> Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again

Thanks for that brilliant observation! ;)

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] 17-10-2018 07:05 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

> On Wed 17 Oct 2018 09:11:51a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 10/17/2018 12:10 PM, wrote:
>>> Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again
>>>

>> Thanks for that brilliant observation! ;)
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I just have a knob that has Off, Low, High, and Warm. I have enough
> other buttons to push. :-)

Mine does, too. Apparently newer models are digital. I love my crock
pot but don't need it to be complicated. LOL

Jill

songbird 17-10-2018 09:35 PM

jmcquown wrote:
> Mine does, too. Apparently newer models are digital. I love my crock
> pot but don't need it to be complicated. LOL

ours is labelled incorrectly. warm is high.

i don't like it and never wanted one. what i
can do in a crockpot i can do in the oven. just
wastes space for something we use a few times a
year.

songbird

jmcquown[_2_] 18-10-2018 02:11 AM

On 10/17/2018 4:35 PM, songbird wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Mine does, too. Apparently newer models are digital. I love my crock
>> pot but don't need it to be complicated. LOL

> ours is labelled incorrectly. warm is high.

That would be a problem to take up with the mfg.

> i don't like it and never wanted one. what i
> can do in a crockpot i can do in the oven. just
> wastes space for something we use a few times a
> year.
>

> songbird

If you don't like it, don't use it. Give it away. I mostly use mine
for making soups and stews. I like to be able to set it and forget it
while I'm doing other things around the house.

Jill

songbird 19-10-2018 08:46 AM

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> You might not be wasting space, but you're wasting an incredible
> amount of energy using the oven in your range, compared to a slow
> cooker.

in recent years we're not using the oven all that
much other than for baking and for canning. when i'm
cooking i'm usually either there standing over it
or making beans (which is a very low simmer once
they're up to temperature).

songbird

SE Paul Kendrick 24-10-2018 04:42 AM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

Buy Pills Online without a prescription No Rx.

Visit http://zionhealthglobal.com
And Place your secure orders for overnight delivery.

Buy Rohypnol Online.
Buy Ritalin Online.
Buy Lyrica Capsules Online.
Buy Zolpiderm Online.
Buy Oxynorm Online.
Buy Sobril Online.
Buy Paralgin forte online.
Buy Ketogan Online.
Buy Quaaludes Online.
Buy Lemmon 714 Online.
Buy NZT 48 Online.

And many More, Just visit us at http://zionhealthglobal.com
Or Text: 1 (732) - 903 - 4453. USA & Canada Only!!!
for your inquiries.

http://zionhealthglobal.com/

[email protected] 26-10-2018 09:14 PM

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 5:35:51 PM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I tried the series of button method and it did not work. I tied the holding the cook time button while plugging it in and it worked like a charm. U have had this for years without a manual and never could find info on this!

[email protected] 09-11-2018 10:12 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

The person who said to hold the cook time button down while plugging it in was right. It works.

[email protected] 22-11-2018 10:23 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

Thank you! Works like a charm!

[email protected] 15-07-2019 10:50 PM

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 1:34:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Holding the power button down when pluging in the cord works great

Unfortunately for me, that just resets it back to 4 hour high. Holding down the power button while clicking off also makes it cycle through all the settings except Warm, also. The Warm setting is just skipped each time I cycle everything. Nothing I have tried has activated the warm setting

[email protected] 31-12-2019 10:12 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

Worked๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

[email protected] 21-01-2020 01:30 AM

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 3:35:51 PM UTC-6, Mitch wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I've wondered about this for years until I found this thread! Mine worked only by holding the cook time button while plugging it in.
Thanks, this will come in very, VERY handy!

[email protected] 16-05-2020 05:21 PM

Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

"Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again" works! Thanks!!

The manual fails to address that clever hack. Only says it will go to warm automatically after the cook cycle. What if the food is done earlier?