Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rival crock pot..."warm" setting.

I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
hours/temp settings.

When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."

There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

Does anyone know how?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 31, 5:35?pm, Mitch@... wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

http://www.crockpot.com/getmanuals.aspx

Good luck.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 31, 5:35 pm, Mitch@... wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I was just trying to figure this out. Try holding down Cook Time
while plugging it in. It worked on mine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 5:39?pm, wrote:
> On Oct 31, 5:35 pm, Mitch@... wrote:
>
> > I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> > It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> > hours/temp settings.

> > When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."

> > There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> > pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.

> > Does anyone know how?

> I was just trying to figure this out. Try holding down Cook Time
> while plugging it in. It worked on mine.

I think I'd rather download the user's manual from the site I posted
and follow the directions contained therein... your method doesn't
sound like anything the manufacturer would suggest, could even
permanently damage the electronic chip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Holding the power button down when pluging in the cord works great
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2018 12:10 PM, wrote:
> Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again

Thanks for that brilliant observation!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Mine does, too. Apparently newer models are digital. I love my crock
> pot but don't need it to be complicated. LOL

ours is labelled incorrectly. warm is high.

i don't like it and never wanted one. what i
can do in a crockpot i can do in the oven. just
wastes space for something we use a few times a
year.

songbird

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2018 4:35 PM, songbird wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Mine does, too. Apparently newer models are digital. I love my crock
>> pot but don't need it to be complicated. LOL

> ours is labelled incorrectly. warm is high.

That would be a problem to take up with the mfg.

> i don't like it and never wanted one. what i
> can do in a crockpot i can do in the oven. just
> wastes space for something we use a few times a
> year.
>

> songbird

If you don't like it, don't use it. Give it away. I mostly use mine
for making soups and stews. I like to be able to set it and forget it
while I'm doing other things around the house.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> You might not be wasting space, but you're wasting an incredible
> amount of energy using the oven in your range, compared to a slow
> cooker.

in recent years we're not using the oven all that
much other than for baking and for canning. when i'm
cooking i'm usually either there standing over it
or making beans (which is a very low simmer once
they're up to temperature).

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Buy Pills Online without a prescription No Rx.

Visit http://zionhealthglobal.com
And Place your secure orders for overnight delivery.

Buy Rohypnol Online.
Buy Ritalin Online.
Buy Lyrica Capsules Online.
Buy Zolpiderm Online.
Buy Oxynorm Online.
Buy Sobril Online.
Buy Paralgin forte online.
Buy Ketogan Online.
Buy Quaaludes Online.
Buy Lemmon 714 Online.
Buy NZT 48 Online.

And many More, Just visit us at http://zionhealthglobal.com
Or Text: 1 (732) - 903 - 4453. USA & Canada Only!!!
for your inquiries.

http://zionhealthglobal.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 5:35:51 PM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I tried the series of button method and it did not work. I tied the holding the cook time button while plugging it in and it worked like a charm. U have had this for years without a manual and never could find info on this!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The person who said to hold the cook time button down while plugging it in was right. It works.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you! Works like a charm!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 1:34:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Holding the power button down when pluging in the cord works great

Unfortunately for me, that just resets it back to 4 hour high. Holding down the power button while clicking off also makes it cycle through all the settings except Warm, also. The Warm setting is just skipped each time I cycle everything. Nothing I have tried has activated the warm setting
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Worked๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 3:35:51 PM UTC-6, Mitch wrote:
> I have a Rival crock pot. No manual.
> It's the type where you push a button to cycle through the different
> hours/temp settings.
>
> When the cycle is done, it switches to "warm."
>
> There's a way to set it directly to warm through a series of button
> pushes, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do it.
>
> Does anyone know how?

I've wondered about this for years until I found this thread! Mine worked only by holding the cook time button while plugging it in.
Thanks, this will come in very, VERY handy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hold down cook time while you hit off, then hit cook time again" works! Thanks!!

The manual fails to address that clever hack. Only says it will go to warm automatically after the cook cycle. What if the food is done earlier?