FoodBanter.com

-   -   Freezing french onion dip? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/138543-freezing-french-onion-dip.html)

Mitch@... 29-10-2007 03:37 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.

Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

JoeSpareBedroom 29-10-2007 03:45 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

<Mitch@...> wrote in message
> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>
> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

Give it away. But, aren't any of the use-by dates long enough that you might
want to keep one around?

chilichick 29-10-2007 05:27 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Oct 29, 7:37 am, Mitch@... wrote:
> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>
> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

take it to work and put it out for your co-workers. or make a
strogenoff instead of adding s.cream add the french onion dip.
chilichick

Mitch@... 29-10-2007 07:32 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

>take it to work and put it out for your co-workers.

Heh...I work at home.

As far as the stroganoff idea, that's timely. It's on the menu for
tomorrow.

Jack[_9_] 29-10-2007 08:28 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

Mitch@... wrote:
>> take it to work and put it out for your co-workers.

> Heh...I work at home.
>
> As far as the stroganoff idea, that's timely. It's on the menu for
> tomorrow.

You might also want to try it on baked potatoes.
As to your original post, how much of the dip would you normally use
anyway? If unopened, it should keep for quite a while, also assuming you
kept it refrigerated and not out in the open where it would get warm.
--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life Member

Jocelyn De Contents 29-10-2007 08:31 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Oct 29, 10:37 am, Mitch@... wrote:
> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>
> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

Use it to sauce hot, boiled potatoes. It's delicious. That'll get
rid of some of it, anyway.

Mitch@... 29-10-2007 11:17 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

>As to your original post, how much of the dip would you normally use
>anyway?

Very, very little. We never buy chips, and I normally use low-fat
sour cream. This is full-fat dip.

Kent 30-10-2007 07:47 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

<Mitch@...> wrote in message
> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>
> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

An unopened container of french onion dip, of sour cream, of yogurt, all
will freeze just fine.

Kent

sf[_3_] 30-10-2007 07:57 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:47 GMT, Janet Baraclough
> wrote:

>The message >
>from Mitch@... contains these words:
>
>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend,

>and hardly anybody showed up.
>
> I'm not surprised. It wasn't Halloween.

It was the weekend *before* Halloween. Adult Halloween parties are
held at that time.... I know about three that happened last weekend.
What do you know about Halloween? You're not an American.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Gregory Morrow[_2_] 30-10-2007 09:02 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

Mitch@... wrote:

> >As to your original post, how much of the dip would you normally use
> >anyway?

> Very, very little. We never buy chips, and I normally use low-fat
> sour cream. This is full-fat dip.

Mix it with buttermilk (which is low - fat) and use it for a salad
dressing...

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow[_2_] 30-10-2007 09:05 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

Mitch@... wrote:

> >As to your original post, how much of the dip would you normally use
> >anyway?

> Very, very little. We never buy chips, and I normally use low-fat
> sour cream. This is full-fat dip.

Mix it with some buttermilk (which is low - fat) to make some salad
dressing...

--
Best
Greg

blake murphy 30-10-2007 04:32 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:47 GMT, Janet Baraclough
> wrote:

>The message >
>from Mitch@... contains these words:
>
>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend,

>and hardly anybody
>> showed up.

> I'm not surprised. It wasn't Halloween.
>
> Janet

maybe that's what went wrong with my christmas party.

your pal,
blake

jmcquown 30-10-2007 06:49 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:47 GMT, Janet Baraclough
> > wrote:
>
>> The message >
>> from Mitch@... contains these words:
>>
>>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend,

>> and hardly anybody showed up.
>>
>> I'm not surprised. It wasn't Halloween.
>>

> It was the weekend *before* Halloween. Adult Halloween parties are
> held at that time.... I know about three that happened last weekend.
> What do you know about Halloween? You're not an American.

tsk tsk! The U.S. isn't the only country that celebrates Halloween (aka All
Hallows Eve). Plenty of spooks abound in the UK and Europe lore on that
night. I don't think kids go "trick or treating" per se. But yes, adult
parties in the U.S. are held the weekend before unless the host is
fortuitous enough to have October 31st fall on a Friday or Saturday night :)

Gregory Morrow[_2_] 31-10-2007 01:14 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:47 GMT, Janet Baraclough
>
> > wrote:
> >The message >
> >from Mitch@... contains these words:

> >> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend,

> >and hardly anybody
> >> showed up.

> > I'm not surprised. It wasn't Halloween.

> > Janet

> maybe that's what went wrong with my christmas party.

Maybe you are one of those Orthodox Xians, blake...???

--
Best
Greg

sf[_3_] 31-10-2007 04:20 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:49:22 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>tsk tsk! The U.S. isn't the only country that celebrates Halloween (aka All
>Hallows Eve).

All Hallows Eve is religious, Halloween is not. tsk back at ya.

Ms P 31-10-2007 06:26 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> <sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:49:22 -0600, "jmcquown"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>tsk tsk! The U.S. isn't the only country that celebrates Halloween (aka
>>>All
>>>Hallows Eve).

>> All Hallows Eve is religious, Halloween is not. tsk back at ya.

> Honestly, Jill is such a moron.

And here I thought all along I was the only one that thought that. Ya learn
something every day!

Ms P

cybercat 31-10-2007 07:08 AM

Freezing french onion dip?

blake murphy 31-10-2007 05:28 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:14:35 -0700, Gregory Morrow
> wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:47 GMT, Janet Baraclough
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >The message >
>> >from Mitch@... contains these words:

>> >and hardly anybody

>> > I'm not surprised. It wasn't Halloween.

>> > Janet

>> maybe that's what went wrong with my christmas party.

>Maybe you are one of those Orthodox Xians, blake...???

nah, i'm a pretty unorthodox christian. i think it's the not
believing in god thing.

your pal,
blake

[email protected] 13-03-2018 12:02 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

Great idea!

[email protected] 05-01-2019 09:16 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 10:37:02 AM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>
> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

I just saw your post. If you still have some of that dip, would love to come over and party!

Bruce[_28_] 05-01-2019 09:22 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 12:16:06 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 10:37:02 AM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
>> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>>
>> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

>I just saw your post. If you still have some of that dip, would love to come over and party!

lol

jmcquown[_2_] 05-01-2019 11:48 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On 1/5/2019 3:16 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 10:37:02 AM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
>> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>>
>> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

> I just saw your post. If you still have some of that dip, would love to come over and party!

Are you kidding me? Didn't you notice the date on the post? 2007. Go
ahead and eat it. Don't bitch if you get sick. Damn Google Groupers.

Jill

Bruce[_28_] 05-01-2019 11:52 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

:

>>>I just saw your post. If you still have some of that dip, would love to
>>>come over and party!

>> lol

>Do you think he might also like chocolate covered cherries? :)

Yes, and I think 2007 was a particularly good year for them.

Bruce[_28_] 05-01-2019 11:53 PM

Freezing french onion dip?

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 17:48:53 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/5/2019 3:16 PM, wrote:
>> On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 10:37:02 AM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:
>>> We had our annual Halloween party this weekend, and hardly anybody
>>> showed up. I've got three unopened containers of french onion dip.
>>>
>>> Will it freeze, or should I just give it away?

>> I just saw your post. If you still have some of that dip, would love to come over and party!
>>

>Are you kidding me? Didn't you notice the date on the post? 2007. Go
>ahead and eat it. Don't bitch if you get sick. Damn Google Groupers.

Maybe it was humour. That's when the corners of your mouth go further
apart than normal, Jill.