Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shipping Cheesecake

I looking to ship cheesecakes, both within the U.S. and Canada. I've
identified a website (ThermoSafe) that has cheesecake shipping
containers. I've also checked both the UPS and FedEx sites to
determine shipping costs. Both sites list shipping costs, to Canada,
in excess of $70. Does anyone know of any other shipment options?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I looking to ship cheesecakes, both within the U.S. and Canada. I've
> identified a website (ThermoSafe) that has cheesecake shipping
> containers. I've also checked both the UPS and FedEx sites to
> determine shipping costs. Both sites list shipping costs, to Canada,
> in excess of $70. Does anyone know of any other shipment options?

Shipping frozen products to CA is not going to be cheap. There are limited
methods, but you may be able to get volume discounts if you are a big enough
shipper.

Before you order those cheesecake shippers, find out where they are coming
from. You may be shocked at the cost of getting the empty containers to you
if they come any distance. They'd ship as class 300 freight by truck or may
be oversized for UPS, thus very costly.

I also notice that ThermoSafe does not list their address, only fax and
phone numbers. They have notices about SCA and Tegrant so they may be a
division of them, the old Tuscarora Corporation. They bought a company that
I worked for in the 1980's and when I worked there, we developed a couple of
cheesecake shippers for Juniors, NY Cheesecake and a couple of others. That
may be what they are selling generically now.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

ATTN: Cheesecake Lovers - Ever Made A Eggnog Cheesecake? Judy Haffner General Cooking 11 07-01-2013 06:29 AM
ATTN: Cheesecake Lovers - Ever Made A Eggnog Cheesecake? Judy Haffner General Cooking 4 05-01-2013 04:01 AM
Strike Three! Cheesecake Factory Gets Rid of a Cheesecake!! Just Visiting Restaurants 3 03-02-2008 04:25 PM
Shipping Cheesecake Steve[_27_] Baking 1 16-10-2007 05:45 AM
Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 12-10-2006 12:41 PM