Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-10-09) New survey on the RFC site: Hard-cooked/Hard-boiledeggs

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:36:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)

> Ooh... I'm first! I guess that means I get a tinfoil hat

I guess it does

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:36:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)

Ooh... I'm first! I guess that means I get a tinfoil hat
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)

I have only made hard boiled eggs for devilled eggs a couple of times. But
I find older eggs easier to peel. For breakfast, I suppose technically you
could say I make them medium boiled. Slightly soft. Definitely no runny
yolks but not hard boiled, either.

Whether I make eggs at home or order eggs in a restaurant, I prefer either
softly scrambled eggs or eggs over-medium. I don't care for runny in the
middle omelettes, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
HAL HAL is offline

margaret suran wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)
>>

> I just tried to vote for old, hard boiled eggs and some nasty Boiled Egg
> Troll or Whatever, called me a CHEAT. In Red Letters.
>
> I want to lodge a complaint. In Red Letters. Thank you!
>
> I wonder how it thought I cheated. Did it believe that I don't think
> old eggs peel better? Did it think that I am not I? Is it able to
> think at all? I feel maligned and abused. I will consult Terry about
> my legal rights.
>
> Hey, Terry.......

Good morning Margaret,

I thought you were cheating...

HAL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I am not sure how old our eggs are. I don't eat many eggs but my wife eats
> a lot of them. I use them for cooking, usually in ice cream base, pudding
> and baking. We usually get our eggs from a local fruit and vegetable
> stand. I am assuming they are pretty fresh, and the are rarely around the
> house for less than a week.
>
> How old are we talking>?

7-10 days, according to some of the many discussions about it here on
r.f.c. (IIRC)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)

I am not sure how old our eggs are. I don't eat many eggs but my wife eats
a lot of them. I use them for cooking, usually in ice cream base, pudding
and baking. We usually get our eggs from a local fruit and vegetable
stand. I am assuming they are pretty fresh, and the are rarely around the
house for less than a week.

How old are we talking>?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
HAL HAL is offline

margaret suran wrote:

> So, there is a Hard Boiled Egg Troll. I remember that there was a
> Science Fiction Film that had a HAL in it, probably a ROBOT or
> something. Are you the same HAL?

I am HAL 9000 - how dare you refer to me as a ROBOT? Who do you think is
running this ship?

> Why would you think I was cheating? How were you able to see my poll
> answers; isn't this supposed to be a secret vote? Or are you working
> for U.S.A. Security or the CIA?

They are NOTHING compared to me.

> This may be much bigger than I thought. First, I am getting rid of all
> the eggs in the refrigerator, all 26 of them.

That won't help you Margaret...

HAL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
.. .
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

"Never noticed any difference" is the closest one for me;

however, the real answer for me is that I never notice whether my eggs are
old or not in the first place, so I definitely never noticed any difference.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:

> So, there is a Hard Boiled Egg Troll. I remember that there was a
> Science Fiction Film that had a HAL in it, probably a ROBOT or
> something. Are you the same HAL?
>
> Why would you think I was cheating? How were you able to see my poll
> answers; isn't this supposed to be a secret vote? Or are you working
> for U.S.A. Security or the CIA?
>
> This may be much bigger than I thought. First, I am getting rid of all
> the eggs in the refrigerator, all 26 of them.

Take no notice of HAL, he's just miffed with me 'cos I served his dinner
late today - and he so loves his egg and chips

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"margaret suran" schrieb
> HAL wrote:
>> margaret suran wrote:

>>> I just tried to vote for old, hard boiled eggs and some nasty Boiled Egg
>>> Troll or Whatever, called me a CHEAT. In Red Letters.

> *Snippage*
>
>> Good morning Margaret,
>>
>> I thought you were cheating...
>>
>> HAL

> So, there is a Hard Boiled Egg Troll. I remember that there was a Science
> Fiction Film that had a HAL in it, probably a ROBOT or something. Are you the
> same HAL?

Stanley Kubrick ...
HAL was the AI ship computer ...

> Why would you think I was cheating?

Why would you think that he thought you were cheating ?

Eliza

Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:

> Oh, are you HAL's keeper or whatever kind of supervisor he requires?
> What kind of being is he? Does he live in a cage? Shall I discharge
> the guard I hired or is HAL dangerous and it would be prudent to have
> protection?

HAL is sorta like my cats - I'm his "slave" too. But his bark is much
worse than his bite. You can tell your body guard that his/her services
are no longer required.
<Cathy nudges HAL and whispers "Be nice.">
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> margaret suran wrote:
>>

>>> So, there is a Hard Boiled Egg Troll. I remember that there was a
>>> Science Fiction Film that had a HAL in it, probably a ROBOT or
>>> something. Are you the same HAL?
>>>
>>> Why would you think I was cheating? How were you able to see my
>>> poll answers; isn't this supposed to be a secret vote? Or are you
>>> working for U.S.A. Security or the CIA?
>>>
>>> This may be much bigger than I thought. First, I am getting rid of
>>> all the eggs in the refrigerator, all 26 of them.

>> Take no notice of HAL, he's just miffed with me 'cos I served his
>> dinner late today - and he so loves his egg and chips
>>

> Oh, are you HAL's keeper or whatever kind of supervisor he requires?
> What kind of being is he? Does he live in a cage? Shall I discharge
> the guard I hired or is HAL dangerous and it would be prudent to have
> protection?

I think we ought to kill him Margaret!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"margaret suran" schrieb
> Eliza wrote:

>> Why would you think that he thought you were cheating ?
>>
>> Eliza
>>

> Why would I think that he thought that I am cheating? Because he said so.
> *Sob*. Eine furchtbare Schande!

Why do you think that that's a furchtbare Schande ?
Willst Du darüber sprechen ?

Eliza

Hmm, will I pass the Turing test ....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:36:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)

If my mother didn't raise chickens, I wouldn't know a truly fresh egg.
We didn't usually hard cook her eggs, but back in those days I would
occasionally get a box of eggs that didn't peel very well and mom
would say "they're too fresh".

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>> margaret suran wrote:

>>> Oh, are you HAL's keeper or whatever kind of supervisor he requires?
>>> What kind of being is he? Does he live in a cage? Shall I
>>> discharge the guard I hired or is HAL dangerous and it would be
>>> prudent to have protection?

>> I think we ought to kill him Margaret!!
>>

> No, I am non-confrontational and pacifistic and afraid of HAL. (

Fear not dear lady! I shall protect you))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> margaret suran wrote:
>>> I think we ought to kill him Margaret!!
>>>

>> No, I am non-confrontational and pacifistic and afraid of HAL. (

> Fear not dear lady! I shall protect you))

Nah, O. HAL's quite 'tame'... if you feed him on time

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"margaret suran" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Michael Kuettner wrote:

>>> Why would I think that he thought that I am cheating? Because he said so.
>>> *Sob*. Eine furchtbare Schande!

>> Why do you think that that's a furchtbare Schande ?
>> Willst Du darüber sprechen ?
>>
>> Eliza
>>

>> Hmm, will I pass the Turing test ....
>>

> Sorry, I do not know what a Turing test is.

The Turing test is applied to programs. It tests whether they
could pass as humans.
So far none, even Eliza, managed to pass the test.

> Glauben Sie nicht es ist eine Schande eine Schwindlerin genannt zu werden?

Nein, nicht in diesem Kontext.

> I found out that HAL is a Canine Being, something like Cerberus was to Hades,
> only HAL guards rfc. This satisfies my hurt feelings and damaged reputation
> and I hope that this will be the end of this thread.

"HAL" : Always take the next letter and you'll find another of Kubrick's gems

Ending thread now, after clearing up loose ends.

Cheers,

Lhbgzdk Jtdssmdq

a semi-flop hard cooked egg Kalmia General Cooking 11 08-01-2014 01:49 PM
Can you stand another hard cooked egg routine? Kalmia General Cooking 30 14-07-2013 05:09 PM
Hard cooked eggs MOMPEAGRAM[_2_] General Cooking 41 13-06-2007 07:39 AM
Hard Cooked Eggs Recipes (moderated) 0 14-04-2005 03:49 AM
Hard Cooked Eggs Tim Bowley Recipes (moderated) 0 14-03-2004 11:26 PM