Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default For olive and salad lovers

As salad, olives and pot-luck dishes were discussed here,
a little recipe from Tuscany :

Olive salad

400 g olives (1/2 green, 1/2 black) without stones
1/2 a red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
1/2 a yellow bell-pepper, cut into small cubes
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
5 table spoons of olive oil
a bit of green of fennel, finely chopped
juice and grated skin of one lemon
grated skin of one orange
salt, pepper

Put olives and bell peppers in a bowl.
Add garlic, green of fennel, grated skin of lemon
and orange. Mix well.
Mix oilve oil with lemon juice. Pour over salad. Add salt and pepper.
Mix well.
Cover bowl and let it rest for an hour.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:
> As salad, olives and pot-luck dishes were discussed here,
> a little recipe from Tuscany :
>
> Olive salad

<snipped and saved rec>

This sounds simple but oh, so good! Thanks Michael...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Michael Kuettner wrote:
>> As salad, olives and pot-luck dishes were discussed here,
>> a little recipe from Tuscany :
>>
>> Olive salad

> <snipped and saved rec>
>
> This sounds simple but oh, so good! Thanks Michael...

You're welcome.

When I made the salad, people didn't eat it but inhaled it.
Not a single olive was left for me; since I had to grill the soufflaki
while they inhaled... ;-)

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Kuettner wrote:
> As salad, olives and pot-luck dishes were discussed here,
> a little recipe from Tuscany :
>
> Olive salad
>
> 400 g olives (1/2 green, 1/2 black) without stones
> 1/2 a red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
> 1/2 a yellow bell-pepper, cut into small cubes
> 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
> 5 table spoons of olive oil
> a bit of green of fennel, finely chopped
> juice and grated skin of one lemon
> grated skin of one orange
> salt, pepper

That sounds like a keeper!
Thanks.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Kuettner" wrote:
> "ChattyCathy" wrote:
> > Michael Kuettner wrote:
> >>
> >> As salad, olives and pot-luck dishes were discussed here,
> >> a little recipe from Tuscany :

> >> Olive salad

> >> 400 g olives (1/2 green, 1/2 black)

> > This sounds simple but oh, so good!

> When I made the salad, people didn't eat it but inhaled it.
> Not a single olive was left for me

What do you mean "people"... you only made one serving... no wonder
you didn't get any.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" schrieb
> "Michael Kuettner" wrote:

>> > This sounds simple but oh, so good!

>> When I made the salad, people didn't eat it but inhaled it.
>> Not a single olive was left for me

> What do you mean "people"... you only made one serving... no wonder
> you didn't get any.

I used 2500 grams of olives ...
The posted one should serve two people, you glutton ! ;-P

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner