Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ot Cleaning after cooking

Hi all

Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.

I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.

Your choices?

Thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
news.net...
> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

Palmolive. Comes in a variety of scents and seems to work well on pots and
pans. Even shampooed the kitty with it once (evil grin) when I had him wet
and couldn't find the cat shampoo.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01 Oct 2007 01:25:15 GMT, sandi wrote:

> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer?

Method is my current choice. It's on PETA's good list, of course.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
news.net...
> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

Dawn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 30, 9:25?pm, sandi > wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?

Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
my original Mennen green after shave.

Actually I do dishes in the dishwasher but there's still plenty I do
by hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> On 01 Oct 2007 01:25:15 GMT, sandi wrote:
>
>> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
>> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer?

> Method is my current choice. It's on PETA's good list, of course.
>
> Steve

Ecover is my choice. I use it in liquid form for dishwashing. Tablet form
for dishwasher.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 02:10:23 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

>> Method is my current choice. It's on PETA's good list, of course.

>Method is probably owned by a PETA member, is why it's on their
>list. I'd rather get my dishwashing detergent advice from Oprah
>than any of the kooks at PETA.

If you know of anyone who does a better job of keeping track
of who is or isn't animal testing, let me know. I'm open to
alternatives.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
> my original Mennen green after shave.
>
> Actually I do dishes in the dishwasher but there's still plenty I do
> by hand.

Original Palmolive green, Dermassage when I can get it.

Electrasol for the dishwasher. Because of hard water, a rinse with white
vinegar added first, then Jet Dry in the second rinse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sep 30, 9:25?pm, sandi > wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>>
>> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
>> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
>> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>>
>> Your choices?

I bought a big bottle of some yellow stuff at BJ's over a year ago. I use it
for the few dishes we wash by hand and use it as a hand soap in the
dispenser.

Dishes come out better and easier and use less water in the dishwasher so we
use that for 95% of our stuff. I love the way glasses sparkle out of the
machine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> > I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> > holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> > fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
> >
> > Your choices?

> Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
> my original Mennen green after shave.

"You're soaking in it."

http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_madge.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>I suspect any animal testing that the dish detergent people may
>have done, either directly or indirectly, was probably done a
>long time ago when they came up with their formulations. No need
>to test every batch that comes out of the old squirt bottle.

You don't understand serial animal testers. These are scientists
who can't cut it doing legitimate research, so they propose endless,
repetitive, unnecessary animal testing and sell it to whoever
is dumb enough to buy it. As long as they get paid they don't
care if they're testing the same thing over and over again.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> I was very surprised how much water the dishwasher actually used.
> I would guess about 10-11 gallons. I wouldn't even use half that
> washing them by hand. And I use calories while the dishwasher
> uses kilowatts.

Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in cold water,
you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book or play with a hobby
that do dishes, but that's your choice. Nothing can convince me hand
washing is better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

Green Palmolive. The only one whose scent isn't objectionable. Can even
be diluted a little and still cleans well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> On 01 Oct 2007 01:25:15 GMT, sandi wrote:
>
>> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
>> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer?

> Method is my current choice. It's on PETA's good list, of course.

I like it too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
sandi > wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

Ajax.

Dawn is a little too perfumy and I have a LOT of trouble rinsing it off.
Ajax is a great grease cutter and rinses off clean.

Another good one is Joy, but it's not as strong as Ajax imho so I have
to use more of it.

I am one of the few that does not own a dishwasher.
All my dishes are washed by hand. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 30, 9:21 pm, Sheldon > wrote:
> On Sep 30, 9:25?pm, sandi > wrote:
>
> Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
> my original Mennen green after shave.

Same here, but it's hard to find Original any more now that it's all
apple-scented, oxi-dated, antibacterial and color-matched with your
kitchen decor. By the way, Cook's Illustrious downgraded Palmolive
Original because it left an unpleasant after taste on the bruchetta
and separated when making a reduction sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in cold water,
> you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book or play with a hobby
> that do dishes, but that's your choice. Nothing can convince me hand
> washing is better.

By the time my dishes reach the dishwasher, they have been rinsed fairly
clean. I may as well be hand washing them. This house was built in 1979
and the dish washer is a KitchenAid by Hobart. It does a fine job, but
if anything happens to it, I may just start washing them by hand.

BTW, I use Dawn, that overly-perfumed dish washing liquid. ;-)

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in cold
>> water, you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book or play
>> with a hobby that do dishes, but that's your choice. Nothing can
>> convince me hand washing is better.

> By the time my dishes reach the dishwasher, they have been rinsed fairly
> clean. I may as well be hand washing them. This house was built in 1979
> and the dish washer is a KitchenAid by Hobart. It does a fine job, but if
> anything happens to it, I may just start washing them by hand.

> Becca

I tried that and it didn't take me long to start looking for a new one. I
go thru dishwashers faster than ... well, you get my point.

I finally got one a few months back that I really like. I can put the
gallon milk jar that I get from the farm each week; lids won't flop around.
I can put little things in now without them flying around. One or two of
the horizontals lay down so that I can put tall bowls in, also I can raise
or lower the top rack, There is a place for putting smaller stemmed wine
glasses. Places to put lids (like Tupperware) so they won't flop around,
etc. This one is low on the decibles. It has plenty of options and a
sanitizer.
I've never had it so good.

--
Dee Dee
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

stark wrote:

> By the way, Cook's Illustrious downgraded Palmolive
> Original because it left an unpleasant after taste on the
> bruchetta and separated when making a reduction sauce.

Who washes their bruchetta? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
> my original Mennen green after shave.
>
> Actually I do dishes in the dishwasher but there's still plenty I do
> by hand.

I tried some of those new fangled aromatherapy detergents and likes the way
they clean and the water stayed sudsy, but I had a hard time rinsing the
stink off things. It is a drag to take a sip of something out of a glass
and catch a whiff of that lingering scent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 1, 3:42 pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in cold water,
> > you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book or play with a hobby
> > that do dishes, but that's your choice. Nothing can convince me hand
> > washing is better.

> With just two of us here I find it just as easy to put some hot water in
> the sink and do them by hand. I usually have to do some pots, pans, kitchen
> knives and mixing bowls anyway, so a couple plates, cups and cutlery is no
> big deal. I really hd emptying the dishwasher.

Pots, pans and mixing bowls go in my dishwasher. Only knives are
washed
by hand.

If it can't go in the dishwasher, I don't want it.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

I like Ajax. It's inexpensive and does a great job.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> >

> > Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in
> > cold water, you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book
> > or play with a hobby that do dishes, but that's your choice.
> > Nothing can convince me hand washing is better.

> With just two of us here I find it just as easy to put some hot water
> in the sink and do them by hand. I usually have to do some pots,
> pans, kitchen knives and mixing bowls anyway, so a couple plates,
> cups and cutlery is no big deal. I really hd emptying the dishwasher.

There's only one of me, and I find it far easier to use the dishwasher.
There are very few things that won't fit or are contraindicated for the
dishwasher.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>>

>> Most models today use half that. Unless you are hand washing in cold
>> water,
>> you are still using kilowatts. I'd rather read a book or play with a
>> hobby
>> that do dishes, but that's your choice. Nothing can convince me hand
>> washing is better.

> With just two of us here I find it just as easy to put some hot water in
> the sink and do them by hand. I usually have to do some pots, pans,
> kitchen
> knives and mixing bowls anyway, so a couple plates, cups and cutlery is no
> big deal. I really hd emptying the dishwasher.

Two of us here, too, but I have so much cleanup that sometimes I'll do two
loads (full) a day.
DH does the heavy pots and pans by hand, I do the knives and anything else.

I've been cleaning out the kitchen a bit today and haven't cooked, but I
have washed two loads of jars, containers, etc. First of all, I would've
had to dry all that as there never is enough room to stack onto a dish rack.
(I just bought a big stainless steel dish rack at Costco and it has helped
to find a place for things that need drying.

--
Dee Dee
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> Palmolive green original. I don't want my dishes smelling better than
>> my original Mennen green after shave.
>>
>> Actually I do dishes in the dishwasher but there's still plenty I do
>> by hand.

> I tried some of those new fangled aromatherapy detergents and likes the
> way
> they clean and the water stayed sudsy, but I had a hard time rinsing the
> stink off things. It is a drag to take a sip of something out of a glass
> and catch a whiff of that lingering scent.

I hate scents whether they be cover up or clean up.
One thing I can't stand is scented TP; wouldn't that additive make a rash
;-)))
What's to cover up?
--
Dee Dee
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> I finally got one a few months back that I really like. I can put the
> gallon milk jar that I get from the farm each week; lids won't flop around.
> I can put little things in now without them flying around. One or two of
> the horizontals lay down so that I can put tall bowls in, also I can raise
> or lower the top rack, There is a place for putting smaller stemmed wine
> glasses. Places to put lids (like Tupperware) so they won't flop around,
> etc. This one is low on the decibles. It has plenty of options and a
> sanitizer.
> I've never had it so good.

Dee Dee, what brand is your new dishwasher? If old dishwasher breaks,
and I get weak and look for a replacement. Right now, it is working
fine <crossing my fingers>.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> > With just two of us here I find it just as easy to put some hot water in
> > the sink and do them by hand. I usually have to do some pots, pans,
> > kitchen
> > knives and mixing bowls anyway, so a couple plates, cups and cutlery is no
> > big deal. I really hd emptying the dishwasher.

> Two of us here, too, but I have so much cleanup that sometimes I'll do two
> loads (full) a day.
> DH does the heavy pots and pans by hand, I do the knives and anything else.
>
> I've been cleaning out the kitchen a bit today and haven't cooked, but I
> have washed two loads of jars, containers, etc. First of all, I would've
> had to dry all that as there never is enough room to stack onto a dish rack.
> (I just bought a big stainless steel dish rack at Costco and it has helped
> to find a place for things that need drying.

Two loads and you weren't even cooking? Wow. You must be like my wife,
using multiple clean utensils instead of the same one. If I am cutting
things, I wipe off the board and knife and use it for the next thing. She
will get a new knife and another board, so by the time comes to clean up
there is 3-4 times as much. My breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal or
porridge, a coffee and sometimes a piece of toast, so I have a pot, a bowl,
a plate, a spoon and a knife. I don't usually have lunch. It takes us 2-3
days to fill the dishwasher. Meanwhile, we would run out of pots and pans,
so I have to do them anyway. I just prefer to toss in the few plates and
cutlery and get them done. Besides, it is easier to empty the dish drainer
with just a few things that a full load from the machine.

> --
> Dee Dee
> "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
> enough people to make it worth the effort."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Dee Dee wrote:
>
>> > With just two of us here I find it just as easy to put some hot water
>> > in
>> > the sink and do them by hand. I usually have to do some pots, pans,
>> > kitchen
>> > knives and mixing bowls anyway, so a couple plates, cups and cutlery is
>> > no
>> > big deal. I really hd emptying the dishwasher.

>> Two of us here, too, but I have so much cleanup that sometimes I'll do
>> two
>> loads (full) a day.
>> DH does the heavy pots and pans by hand, I do the knives and anything
>> else.
>>
>> I've been cleaning out the kitchen a bit today and haven't cooked, but I
>> have washed two loads of jars, containers, etc. First of all, I would've
>> had to dry all that as there never is enough room to stack onto a dish
>> rack.
>> (I just bought a big stainless steel dish rack at Costco and it has
>> helped
>> to find a place for things that need drying.

> Two loads and you weren't even cooking? Wow. You must be like my wife,
> using multiple clean utensils instead of the same one. If I am cutting
> things, I wipe off the board and knife and use it for the next thing.

Yes, I do this as you do, but not all the time.

She
> will get a new knife and another board, so by the time comes to clean up
> there is 3-4 times as much.

No, I don't do that (except sometimes ;-)

My breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal or
> porridge, a coffee and sometimes a piece of toast, so I have a pot, a
> bowl,
> a plate, a spoon and a knife. I don't usually have lunch.

We usually have two BIG meals a day. But I am involved in cooking. I know
that there will be a lot of things that get dirty. The kitchen gets
crazy --- I am not a 'clean as you go' person. I'm just too involved in
cooking or distractions other places to think about doing dishes as I go; it
won't enter my mind. I think it depends on how you use your kitchen. Mine
gets a lot of wear.

It takes us 2-3
> days to fill the dishwasher. Meanwhile, we would run out of pots and pans,
> so I have to do them anyway. I just prefer to toss in the few plates and
> cutlery and get them done. Besides, it is easier to empty the dish drainer
> with just a few things that a full load from the machine.

>> Dee Dee
>> "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
>> enough people to make it worth the effort."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dee Dee wrote:
>
>> I finally got one a few months back that I really like. I can put the
>> gallon milk jar that I get from the farm each week; lids won't flop
>> around. I can put little things in now without them flying around. One
>> or two of the horizontals lay down so that I can put tall bowls in, also
>> I can raise or lower the top rack, There is a place for putting smaller
>> stemmed wine glasses. Places to put lids (like Tupperware) so they won't
>> flop around, etc. This one is low on the decibles. It has plenty of
>> options and a sanitizer.
>> I've never had it so good.

> Dee Dee, what brand is your new dishwasher? If old dishwasher breaks, and
> I get weak and look for a replacement. Right now, it is working fine
> <crossing my fingers>.
>
> Becca

It's a Whirpool DU912
8051563
Stainless inside and out, nylon racks.
Our racks wore out on two previous dishwashers. I was getting pretty tired
of that.

I think there is a picture of this on the internet -- I'd get it, but I have
to attend to something really quick, now.
Byeeeeeeee.
Dee Dee
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dee Dee wrote:
>
>> I finally got one a few months back that I really like. I can put the
>> gallon milk jar that I get from the farm each week; lids won't flop
>> around. I can put little things in now without them flying around. One
>> or two of the horizontals lay down so that I can put tall bowls in, also
>> I can raise or lower the top rack, There is a place for putting smaller
>> stemmed wine glasses. Places to put lids (like Tupperware) so they won't
>> flop around, etc. This one is low on the decibles. It has plenty of
>> options and a sanitizer.
>> I've never had it so good.

> Dee Dee, what brand is your new dishwasher? If old dishwasher breaks, and
> I get weak and look for a replacement. Right now, it is working fine
> <crossing my fingers>.
>
> Becca

I forgot to say, there is a downloadable manual for this on the net.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message

>> Dee Dee, what brand is your new dishwasher? If old dishwasher breaks, and
>> I get weak and look for a replacement. Right now, it is working fine
>> <crossing my fingers>.
>>
>> Becca

> It's a Whirpool DU912
> 8051563
> Stainless inside and out, nylon racks.
> Our racks wore out on two previous dishwashers. I was getting pretty tired
> of that.
>
> I think there is a picture of this on the internet -- I'd get it, but I have
> to attend to something really quick, now.
> Byeeeeeeee.
>
> Dee Dee

Thanks, I will save this information for future use.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Dee Dee wrote:
>> "Becca" > wrote in message

>>> Dee Dee, what brand is your new dishwasher? If old dishwasher breaks,
>>> and I get weak and look for a replacement. Right now, it is working
>>> fine <crossing my fingers>.
>>>
>>> Becca

>> It's a Whirpool DU912
>> 8051563
>> Stainless inside and out, nylon racks.
>> Our racks wore out on two previous dishwashers. I was getting pretty
>> tired of that.
>>
>> I think there is a picture of this on the internet -- I'd get it, but I
>> have to attend to something really quick, now.
>> Byeeeeeeee.
>>
>> Dee Dee

> Thanks, I will save this information for future use.
>
> Becca

Becca, I screwed up on the model.

Here it is
Whirlpool GU3600XTSY

http://tinyurl.com/3y4u9z

I looked a long time before I purchased and found that all of its qualities
were much more costly in other brands, some over $1,000 weren't as nice. It
was $750, in case you can't get on this site.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> >I suspect any animal testing that the dish detergent people may
> >have done, either directly or indirectly, was probably done a
> >long time ago when they came up with their formulations. No need
> >to test every batch that comes out of the old squirt bottle.

> You don't understand serial animal testers. These are scientists
> who can't cut it doing legitimate research, so they propose endless,
> repetitive, unnecessary animal testing and sell it to whoever
> is dumb enough to buy it. As long as they get paid they don't
> care if they're testing the same thing over and over again.

Steve, this is as ridiculous as your assertion in a recent thread on ba.food
that certain people who drive certain vehicles are inherently "evil"....

Maybe we should conjure up Tim May to kick yer silly Berserkely arse...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
>
> I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
>
> Your choices?
>
> Thank you.

For many years I only used Lemon Joy. Then they started
messing with Joy. I tried Palmolive and now that's what
I use. I've used other brands on occasion over the years,
usually at someone else's house, but don't like most of
them. I really hate Ivory. Dawn's probably okay. Never
even recall seeing Ajax, much less using it.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> sandi wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.
> >
> > I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> > holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> > fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.
> >
> > Your choices?
> >
> > Thank you.

> I like Ajax. It's inexpensive and does a great job.
>
> Jill

Ditto.

Oddly enough, Lynn' introduced me to it.
Before that, we were using cheap generic and I always hated it.
Mom used Joy but it got to be too expensive.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow > wrote:

>Steve, this is as ridiculous as your assertion in a recent thread on ba.food
>that certain people who drive certain vehicles are inherently "evil"....

I, of course, never made such an assertion. Please be more careful
if you're going to make statements about me.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 2:18?pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> "jmcquown" > wrote:
> > sandi wrote:
> > > Hi all

> > > Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.

> > > I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> > > holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> > > fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.

> > > Your choices?

> > > Thank you.

> > I like Ajax. It's inexpensive and does a great job.

> > Jill

> Ditto.
>
> Oddly enough, Lynn' introduced me to it.
> Before that, we were using cheap generic and I always hated it.
>
> Mom used Joy but it got to be too expensive.

I tried the cheap generic and found that too expensive because I had
to use at least twice as much as with the name brands.

Truth is all dish washing liquid detergent is the same, except for the
artificial coloring and the scent, and of course the packaging. When
big companys like Colgate Palmolive and Procter and Gamble do a run
they make enough for their own label, all the store labels, and all
the generic brands, and plenty of extra for the super discounters like
the 99 cent type stores... at each step it's gets more diluted...
what's sold at the 99cent store and their ilk is about 1/3 strength.
The batch for commercial use is about 1/3 stronger than their regular
version. The batch exported, especially to third world countrys, is
even less diluted; it's less costly to ship a more concentrated
version... in poor countrys they automatically dilute the entire
bottle immediately at about four to one, and still use it very
conservatively... and naturally they buy four times fewer plastic
bottles, and reuse those they have. When you buy a bottle of
dishwashing liquid, compared with the packaging, shiping, advertising,
etc, the actual liquid represents only like a nickel of the total cost

Perhaps Joy got too expensive for you because you're using it
wastefully... most people in the US use all cleaning products very
wastefully, especially personal hygiene products; bath soap, shampoo,
toothpaste, etc.... and woman are far, FAR more wasteful than men...
why is it a woman can shave her legs, underarms, and bikini trim only
two times from a can of shaving cream... of course there's all that
facial hair if she's italian. hehe

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 1, 2:25 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> stark wrote:
>
> > By the way, Cook's Illustrious downgraded Palmolive
> > Original because it left an unpleasant after taste on the
> > bruchetta and separated when making a reduction sauce.

> Who washes their bruchetta? :-)

Sorry, it's bruschetta. My bad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 1, 5:13?am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article .net>,
>
> sandi > wrote:
> > Hi all

> > Want your thoughts on dish washing liquid please.

> > I prefer to do dished by hand, even after large party or big
> > holiday. ANYWAY... which liquid soap do you prefer? I was never a
> > fan of Ivory and do like Ajax. Dawn, with bleach is ok.

> > Your choices?

> > Thank you.

> Ajax.
>
> Dawn is a little too perfumy and I have a LOT of trouble rinsing it off.
> Ajax is a great grease cutter and rinses off clean.

Ajax is Palmolive, just different clothing.

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/U...hing/Ajax.cvsp

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> Becca, I screwed up on the model.
>
> Here it is
> Whirlpool GU3600XTSY
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3y4u9z
>
> I looked a long time before I purchased and found that all of its qualities
> were much more costly in other brands, some over $1,000 weren't as nice. It
> was $750, in case you can't get on this site.
>
> Dee Dee

Thanks, I will put this in my file. I do not need a dishwasher right
now, but this house was built in 1979 and the dishwasher in the house is
the original. Nothing lasts forever, so I want to be prepared.

Becca