Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yet another article about Nigella

http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89

Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>

> Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?
> Dee Dee

Ooooh.. I love it!! Gorgeous! Lucky Nigella to look so great in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:37:01 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:00:39 -0400, Dee Dee wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>>

> I used to live in San Francisco, after all.

Did you ever mention meeting up with Andy? Those were the days!

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>

>Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?
>Dee Dee

Designer gown by Barbie Fashions Inc.

I just read that article.

Quoting from article:

What, one viewer argues, does this multi-millionaire presenter know
about the pressures of ordinary everyday life?

Certainly Miss Lawson's routine appears to be far removed from
ordinary mothers who wearily cook sausages and oven-ready chips for
their children after a hard day's work.

The "meal" presented at the end of one of the episodes, which
consisted of a series of packet salads and cold meats from the
delicatessen, all decanted into posh china, is roundly derided by
another viewer as being neither real cooking or within the price
bracket of ordinary families.

Mr Hutchinson insisted that the cooking rather than lifestyle image
remained the main point of the programme.

"People like these kind of recipes because they fit in with their
daily life," he said.

"We are looking at about half a dozen recipes per show, so I don't
accept the criticism that it is all lifestyle."

Being married to millionaire Charles Saatchi doesn't mean Miss Lawson
doesn't have to worry about her bank balance.

"I have a great need for financial independence," she has said.

End Quote

Seems she and Sandra Lee have a lot in common! So, did she steal that
idea from Sandra or was it the other way 'round? Personally, I can't
stand Nigella and other than her ample busom appealing to men, I don't
understand why she's so highly rated. Oh yes, I don't like the camera
work on her show either. Keep the camera steady and let us see more
than a glimpse of the d*mn food!
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>The "meal" presented at the end of one of the episodes, which
>consisted of a series of packet salads and cold meats from the
>delicatessen, all decanted into posh china, is roundly derided by
>another viewer as being neither real cooking or within the price
>bracket of ordinary families.

Sandra Lee has crossed the pond. Next: Grocery Store Roasted Chicken
and Cheese Whiz wrap a la Cordon Bleu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:01:20 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:37:01 GMT, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> I used to live in San Francisco, after all.
>>>

>> Did you ever mention meeting up with Andy? Those were the days!

> There were a lot of bums passed out next to, and inside
> dumpsters. The all smelled and looked the same to me. They
> didn't usually have name-tags either.

Ouch!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:01:20 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> Did you ever mention meeting up with Andy? Those were the days!

>> There were a lot of bums passed out next to, and inside
>> dumpsters. The all smelled and looked the same to me. They
>> didn't usually have name-tags either.

> Ouch!

He's being his usual fool, but he's not actually off the mark (except for
his reference to Andy). We were in San Francisco in 1969 before catching a
flight that would eventually take us to Bangkok. I was only 9 so I don't
recall exactly where in the city we were. But as we walked to a Chinese
restaurant to have dinner I noticed a lot of bums sitting in doorways.
There's always been a homeless and poverty problem, I don't care what city
or even what country you're in. The Depression of the 1930's served to
bring the problem to the forefront in the U.S., but it's always existed in
one form or another.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
We were in San Francisco in 1969 before catching a
> flight that would eventually take us to Bangkok. I was only 9 so I don't
> recall exactly where in the city we were. But as we walked to a Chinese
> restaurant to have dinner I noticed a lot of bums sitting in doorways.
> There's always been a homeless and poverty problem, I don't care what city
> or even what country you're in. The Depression of the 1930's served to
> bring the problem to the forefront in the U.S., but it's always existed in
> one form or another.
>
> Jill

I moved to San Francisco in 1970 and when you caught a bus from the airport
into SF or vice-versa, you rode thru the tenderloin. I always hated meeting
people at the airport for that reason. But over the years it got even
worse.

Lot of perverts hanging around in doorways, too. Yuk!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>
> Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?
> Dee Dee

It could be the same person who directs my dreams :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>

> Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?

I don't know, but she'd best mind to not pop out of it. She is
generously cut and it is not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:
> Dee Dee wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/yqyk89
>>

>> Wonder who designed that gown she was wearing in the car/taxi/limosine?

> I don't know, but she'd best mind to not pop out of it. She is
> generously cut and it is not.

I think she looked fabulous and probably had every man drooling, and
many women envious. She sort of oozes a sexy comfortable-in-her-skin
attitude.

LOL!! Good article on Nigella Lawson PeterLucas[_4_] General Cooking 17 25-01-2008 04:07 AM
Nigella.... am I the only one? sf General Cooking 42 09-10-2006 02:04 PM
Nigella's on! Nancy Young General Cooking 13 03-10-2006 07:15 AM
Nigella KevinS General Cooking 49 09-03-2006 11:09 PM
[Article]: Article and recipes on spiritual diet. Smart Book General Cooking 42 22-03-2004 07:55 PM