Old 23-09-2007, 04:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Most delicious chicken recipe, daily updated

Find delicious and mouth-watering chicken recipes here. We post new
recipe everyday! example:
# HOT-N-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
# CHICKEN FRY ICED TEA
# APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN TENDERS CURRIED PEANUT CHICKEN
http://breastchickenrecipe.org/

Old 23-09-2007, 08:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 22, 10:20 pm, "
wrote:
Find delicious and mouth-watering chicken recipes here. We post new
recipe everyday! example:
# HOT-N-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
# CHICKEN FRY ICED TEA
# APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN TENDERS CURRIED PEANUT CHICKENhttp://breastchickenrecipe.org/

You are a pig.

--Bryan

Old 23-09-2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:39:42 -0700, Bobo Bonobo®
wrote:

On Sep 22, 10:20 pm, "
wrote:
Find delicious and mouth-watering chicken recipes here. We post new
recipe everyday! example:
# HOT-N-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
# CHICKEN FRY ICED TEA
# APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN TENDERS CURRIED PEANUT CHICKENhttp://breastchickenrecipe.org/

You are a pig.

I went to the website.... the recipes looked simple enough and they
are probably tastey too. Many are for experienced cooks only because
they aren't specific enough.

For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd use the
entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an entire bottle of hot
sauce. Of course, most of us here would change out the margarine for
butter - but the rest the recipe reads right for me and I like that
little addition of honey.

HOT CHICKEN WINGS

* Chicken wings
* 1/2 stick margarine
* 1 bottle Durkee hot sauce
* 2 tbsp. honey
* 10 shakes Tabasco
* 2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Deep fry wings for 20 minutes. Drain and dip and let set in sauce.
Take out to dry and then serve.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Old 23-09-2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 23, 8:45 am, sf wrote:

For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd use the
entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an entire bottle of hot
sauce. Of course, most of us here would change out the margarine for
butter - but the rest the recipe reads right for me and I like that
little addition of honey.
[snip recipe]

Deep fry wings for 20 minutes. Drain and dip and let set in sauce.
Take out to dry and then serve.

Thanks for posting the recipe. If it is representative of the site
then I can easily give it a pass. No chicken wing has ever needed to
be deep fried for 20 minutes. The direction to "let set (sic) in
sauce. Take out to dry and then serve" is just lame. Can't comment
on Durkee hot sauce because I've never tried it. -aem

Old 23-09-2007, 06:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:35:56 -0700, aem wrote:

Thanks for posting the recipe. If it is representative of the site
then I can easily give it a pass. No chicken wing has ever needed to
be deep fried for 20 minutes. The direction to "let set (sic) in
sauce. Take out to dry and then serve" is just lame. Can't comment
on Durkee hot sauce because I've never tried it. -aem

Picky, picky, picky

Old 23-09-2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd use the
entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an entire bottle of hot
sauce. Of course, most of us here would change out the margarine for
butter - but the rest the recipe reads right for me and I like that
little addition of honey.

HOT CHICKEN WINGS

* Chicken wings
* 1/2 stick margarine
* 1 bottle Durkee hot sauce
* 2 tbsp. honey
* 10 shakes Tabasco
* 2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Deep fry wings for 20 minutes. Drain and dip and let set in sauce.
Take out to dry and then serve.

Wow, those would be some ~HOT~ chicken wings. You have a whole bottle
of hot sauce, plus 10 shakes of Tabasco, and 2 teaspoons of cayenne.
Egads, I think my lips would fall off. ==)

Becca

Old 23-09-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote on Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:10:05 -0500:

?? For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd
?? use the entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an
?? entire bottle of hot sauce. Of course, most of us here
?? would change out the margarine for butter - but the rest
?? the recipe reads right for me and I like that little
?? addition of honey.
??
?? HOT CHICKEN WINGS
??
?? * Chicken wings
?? * 1/2 stick margarine
?? * 1 bottle Durkee hot sauce
?? * 2 tbsp. honey
?? * 10 shakes Tabasco
?? * 2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
??
?? Deep fry wings for 20 minutes. Drain and dip and let set
?? in sauce. Take out to dry and then serve.

B Wow, those would be some ~HOT~ chicken wings. You have a
B whole bottle of hot sauce, plus 10 shakes of Tabasco, and 2
B teaspoons of cayenne. Egads, I think my lips would fall off.
B ==)

Are chicken wings (Buffalo Wings perhaps) macho things like
Texas Chilli or Phall curries?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old 23-09-2007, 11:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Sqwertz wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:35:56 -0700, aem wrote:

Thanks for posting the recipe. If it is representative of the site
then I can easily give it a pass. No chicken wing has ever needed to
be deep fried for 20 minutes.

The wings I buy come 5-6 to a pound. They take 20 minutes to fry
properly when thawed, but still cold.

Exactly. He's talking about the scrawny little things you find
in the freezer section of your local supermarket. You're talking
about the ones that actually have meat on them. A different animal.

I get them from a butcher, about the same size as you describe.
A 10 lb bag = 50 wings. Big and meaty. It can easily take 20
minutes to fry a batch.

I brine em first, too.

--
Reg

Old 24-09-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:10:05 -0500, Becca wrote:

sf wrote:

For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd use the
entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an entire bottle of hot
sauce. Of course, most of us here would change out the margarine for
butter - but the rest the recipe reads right for me and I like that
little addition of honey.

HOT CHICKEN WINGS

* Chicken wings
* 1/2 stick margarine
* 1 bottle Durkee hot sauce
* 2 tbsp. honey
* 10 shakes Tabasco
* 2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Deep fry wings for 20 minutes. Drain and dip and let set in sauce.
Take out to dry and then serve.

Wow, those would be some ~HOT~ chicken wings. You have a whole bottle
of hot sauce, plus 10 shakes of Tabasco, and 2 teaspoons of cayenne.
Egads, I think my lips would fall off. ==)

Some people like it hotter than others, besides cayenne is optional
(and I don't think cayenne has much kick). Personally, I use the
Frank's recipe for hot wings, but I think I'll try adding some honey
next time.

Old 24-09-2007, 01:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Sqwertz said:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:24:08 GMT, Reg wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

The wings I buy come 5-6 to a pound. They take 20 minutes to fry
properly when thawed, but still cold.

Exactly. He's talking about the scrawny little things you find
in the freezer section of your local supermarket. You're talking
about the ones that actually have meat on them. A different animal.

Mine come in 5lb bags from the freezer section (Hill Country Fare
Brand). The ones I buy fresh are the really scrawny ones.

Last time I counted there were 28 wing sections (disjointed, no
tips) to a bag.

That's an issue for me -- I actually like the tips... :-)

--
Jani in WA

Old 24-09-2007, 01:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 10:45 am, sf wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:39:42 -0700, Bobo Bonobo®
wrote:

On Sep 22, 10:20 pm, "
wrote:
Find delicious and mouth-watering chicken recipes here. We post new
recipe everyday! example:
# HOT-N-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS
# CHICKEN FRY ICED TEA
# APRICOT CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN WINGS
# ORIENTAL CHICKEN TENDERS CURRIED PEANUT CHICKENhttp://breastchickenrecipe.org/

You are a pig.

I went to the website.... the recipes looked simple enough and they
are probably tastey too. Many are for experienced cooks only because
they aren't specific enough.

For instance here's one.... how many pounds of wings? I'd use the
entire bag of frozen wings since it calls for an entire bottle of hot
sauce. Of course, most of us here would change out the margarine for
butter - but the rest the recipe reads right for me and I like that
little addition of honey.

Anyone should know better than to post a recipe with margarine to
begin with.
People do so because they are either lazy, stupid or both.

If you go to the website that the pig suggested, the first page is a
recipe with 1/3 cup of Crisco.

Old 24-09-2007, 04:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

The wings I buy come 5-6 to a pound. They take 20 minutes to fry
properly when thawed, but still cold.

Exactly. He's talking about the scrawny little things you find
in the freezer section of your local supermarket. You're talking
about the ones that actually have meat on them. A different animal.

Mine come in 5lb bags from the freezer section (Hill Country Fare
Brand). The ones I buy fresh are the really scrawny ones.

Last time I counted there were 28 wing sections (disjointed, no
tips) to a bag.

That's an issue for me -- I actually like the tips... :-)

Me too. I like the wing tips on roasted turkeys the best.

--
Jani in WA

--Bryan

Old 24-09-2007, 09:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Deep fry wings for 20 minutes.

Yeah, right!!!

"I'll take another chicken bone, please."

Andy
Old 24-09-2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 24, 3:49 am, Andy q wrote:
Deep fry wings for 20 minutes.

Yeah, right!!!

"I'll take another chicken bone, please."

Really. As if the stupidity needed to be compounded. I think that a
lot of people just make up recipes and write them down without ever
trying them.

Andy

--Bryan

Old 24-09-2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 00:53:33 GMT, Little Malice wrote:

One time on Usenet, Sqwertz said:

Last time I counted there were 28 wing sections (disjointed, no
tips) to a bag.

That's an issue for me -- I actually like the tips... :-)

For what? shrug When fried, mine are way to hard and contain
that hard cartilage. They could be ground down and used for
toothpicks, maybe.

You're frying too hard, man! ;-) I can get a bit of meat off of
them -- maybe it's just an entertaining chewing exercise.

Chicken tails/butts, OTOH, much more useful :-)

That's another part that I like, the tail. My grandmother always
called it the "Pope's Nose", but as a kid that went way over
my head...

--
Jani in WA