Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paella Recipes?

Hello, all. It's been far too long since I've had a good paella. Too
few restaurants make it all, never mind well. So I thought I'd give it
a try. Can anyone point me to a favorite recipe? I'm looking for more
traditional variants to start with.

Thanks in advance...

- Sean
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"SeanR" > wrote in message
news
> Hello, all. It's been far too long since I've had a good paella. Too few
> restaurants make it all, never mind well. So I thought I'd give it a try.
> Can anyone point me to a favorite recipe? I'm looking for more
> traditional variants to start with.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> - Sean

Take a look around www.starchefs.com.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:18:56 -0400, SeanR > wrote:

> looking for more
>traditional variants

Traditonal mean just that. Variants mean you are wavering from the
dish.

Now....tell us EXACTLY what you were looking for....tradtional...or
variant? The difference is astounding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 15, 5:18 pm, SeanR > wrote:
> Hello, all. It's been far too long since I've had a good paella. Too
> few restaurants make it all, never mind well. So I thought I'd give it
> a try. Can anyone point me to a favorite recipe? I'm looking for more
> traditional variants to start with.

Recipes don't matter much -- that is, which ingredients to include.
There are as many variants as there are seasons and farmers' markets.
What you want is to master the objectives and the techniques. This
page/article will start you off on the right foot. In particular, try
to find a good medium grain rice such as the one mentioned in the
article. We have found that Valencia is available in our neighborhood
and works well. -aem

http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/a...to/paella.aspx

Looking for Good Paella Recipes. TexasBBQLover Mexican Cooking 1 03-06-2008 09:04 PM
Looking for Good Paella Recipes. Mark[_7_] Mexican Cooking 1 18-05-2008 01:33 PM
Paella Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 12-03-2007 02:49 AM
Paella (a rough peasant style paella dish) echuta66 General Cooking 1 04-07-2005 09:57 AM