Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to cut Italian sausage?

"Sheldon" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
> On Sep 16, 12:12?pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote
>>

>> > Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
>> > casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either

>> formed
>> > into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled....

>> Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

> Had you reading comprehension you'd have noted this "People who
> actually cook will always slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then
> it's typically sliced longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like
> presentation".
>
> You obviously haven't a clue as to the definition of "longitudinally".
>
> Sheldon

Lengthwise seemed to cover the idea a bit more like English.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

frying pan. However, after cutting a few slices, i feel as if i didn't
> cut it right since it looks all mashed up, not a circular piece. Is
> there a technique into cutting raw sausages into circular pieces
> before i throw them into the pan to cook? Thanks.

You need a really sharp knife, which it sounds like you don't have.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> frying pan. However, after cutting a few slices, i feel as if i didn't
>> cut it right since it looks all mashed up, not a circular piece. Is
>> there a technique into cutting raw sausages into circular pieces
>> before i throw them into the pan to cook? Thanks.

> You need a really sharp knife, which it sounds like you don't have.

Nuh UHH, he needs an egg slicer. Steve said so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco's Tacos" > wrote in message

> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Sep 16, 12:12?pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
>>> Sheldon wrote

>>> formed
>>>
>>> Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

>> Had you reading comprehension you'd have noted this "People who
>> actually cook will always slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then
>> it's typically sliced longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like
>> presentation".
>>
>> You obviously haven't a clue as to the definition of "longitudinally".
>>
>> Sheldon
>>

> Explain this, Mr. Reading Comprehension:
>
> "Paco's Tacos" wrote : "Put the whole sausages in the freezer for 30-60
> minutes or until they feel "firm". Use a sharp knife."
>
> "Sheldon" wrote: "Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't
> slice raw fresh guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to
> slice partially frozen or cooked."

Yeah, that's what I thought. Mouth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:32:55 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> frying pan. However, after cutting a few slices, i feel as if i didn't
>>> cut it right since it looks all mashed up, not a circular piece. Is
>>> there a technique into cutting raw sausages into circular pieces
>>> before i throw them into the pan to cook? Thanks.

>> You need a really sharp knife, which it sounds like you don't have.
>>

>Nuh UHH, he needs an egg slicer. Steve said so.

Steve is an out of the box thinker when it comes to sausage slicing!
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:32:55 -0400, "cybercat" >

> Steve is an out of the box thinker when it comes to sausage slicing!
> --

You said a mouthful!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sep 16, 12:12?pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote

> > > Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
> > > casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either

> > formed
> > > into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled....

> > Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

> Had you reading comprehension you'd have noted this "People who
> actually cook will always slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then
> it's typically sliced longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like
> presentation".
>
> You obviously haven't a clue as to the definition of "longitudinally".

"cybercat" sez that foreskins are to be sliced "latitudinally"...see
below:

8====================D)

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote
>
> >> OTOH, why would anyone want to slice a *raw* italian sausage with a
> >> knife? That's a smash in the making too.

> > You'd get more browning action and more fat would render out, I
> > suspect.

> That's why lots of people in Italy cut sausages lengthwise without
> totally cutting them, then just open the sausages as one does with a
> bread bun, or with a chicken. I then start cooking the sausages on the
> open side, with casings on. When you turn them you have two options:
> leave the casings on, and the sausages will bend as the casings I find
> in Italy shrink with heat, or remove the casings, which is be easy
> enough once the sausages are halfway cooked. Usually I end up turning
> them without removing the casing and, when the sausages start to
> bendm, I rwmove the casings and flatten the sausages with a fork.

Where is the "pussy hair" in this...???

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberPLOP wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
> ...> cybercat wrote:
> >> "Ophelia" > wrote

> >> OMG! They don't have HINEYS where you live??

> > We do now I know what they are)))

> I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

Did you take a laxative...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:43:38 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:
> >cybercat" wrote:

> >> Another good idea! Go, Paco! I love this group.

> >Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't slice raw fresh
> >guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to slice
> >partially frozen or cooked. People who actually cook will always
> >slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then it's typically sliced
> >longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like presentation... there
> >is no point to slicing raw dago sausage by any method because how will
> >you cook it so it will still retain it's coin shape, and why would
> >anyone want to... even if sliced into coins while partially frozen as
> >soon as they're cooked the casings would shrinkle, tighten like like
> >elastics on the smalleset size condoms and squeeze the meat out either
> >end... would look like circumcised foreskins filled with headcheese on
> >steroids. Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
> >casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either formed
> >into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled.... if someone served
> >me pizza (or any dish) with fresh WOP sausage sliced into coins I'd
> >refuse it, only pepperoni pizza is coins. Anyone want's to cook
> >sliced sausage coins really oughta stay with tube steak... and we all
> >know how the Tvat ain't gonna slice her widdle tube steak until after
> >she's had her way with it... and now yoose know the real story of pig
> >n' poke! <teehee>

> WTF is guinea sausage?

Eye - talian sausage...don't you know nothing, as they say...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> cybercat" wrote:
> > "Paco's Tacos" wrote :

> > > Put the whole sausages in the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until they feel
> > > "firm". Use a sharp knife.

> > Another good idea! Go, Paco! I love this group.

> Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't slice raw fresh
> guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to slice
> partially frozen or cooked. People who actually cook will always
> slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then it's typically sliced
> longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like presentation... there
> is no point to slicing raw dago sausage by any method because how will
> you cook it so it will still retain it's coin shape, and why would
> anyone want to... even if sliced into coins while partially frozen as
> soon as they're cooked the casings would shrinkle, tighten like like
> elastics on the smalleset size condoms and squeeze the meat out either
> end... would look like circumcised foreskins filled with headcheese on
> steroids. Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
> casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either formed
> into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled.... if someone served
> me pizza (or any dish) with fresh WOP sausage sliced into coins I'd
> refuse it, only pepperoni pizza is coins. Anyone want's to cook
> sliced sausage coins really oughta stay with tube steak... and we all
> know how the Tvat ain't gonna slice her widdle tube steak until after
> she's had her way with it... and now yoose know the real story of pig
> n' poke! <teehee>

That's nothing, I hear she wears *no panties* under her dresses and
skirts...thus her new Eye - talian moniker is "Benda - Over".

;--o

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> frying pan. However, after cutting a few slices, i feel as if i
>> didn't
>>> cut it right since it looks all mashed up, not a circular piece. Is
>>> there a technique into cutting raw sausages into circular pieces
>>> before i throw them into the pan to cook? Thanks.

>> You need a really sharp knife, which it sounds like you don't have.
>>

> Nuh UHH, he needs an egg slicer. Steve said so.

with razor wire?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I make a soup in which I slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces before
browning them. I find it works better if I stick them in the freezer for a
while before I start cutting. It's still a messy job - but the soup's worth
it.

texpat