Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to cut Italian sausage?

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:18:39 +0100, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?
>>

> It's a behind, a bottom, a rear end..... butt cheeks. Tatoos are
> usually in that area below the waist and above the butt cheeks though.

Ahhh thank you)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

> The hind-end.
> IOW, the 'rear' end.
>
> Ewwhhhhh.

thanks Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat" wrote:
> "Paco's Tacos" wrote :
>
> > Put the whole sausages in the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until they feel
> > "firm". Use a sharp knife.

> Another good idea! Go, Paco! I love this group.

Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't slice raw fresh
guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to slice
partially frozen or cooked. People who actually cook will always
slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then it's typically sliced
longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like presentation... there
is no point to slicing raw dago sausage by any method because how will
you cook it so it will still retain it's coin shape, and why would
anyone want to... even if sliced into coins while partially frozen as
soon as they're cooked the casings would shrinkle, tighten like like
elastics on the smalleset size condoms and squeeze the meat out either
end... would look like circumcised foreskins filled with headcheese on
steroids. Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either formed
into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled.... if someone served
me pizza (or any dish) with fresh WOP sausage sliced into coins I'd
refuse it, only pepperoni pizza is coins. Anyone want's to cook
sliced sausage coins really oughta stay with tube steak... and we all
know how the Tvat ain't gonna slice her widdle tube steak until after
she's had her way with it... and now yoose know the real story of pig
n' poke! <teehee>

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:01:20 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> Bobo Bonobo wrote:
>>
>> >Egg slicers are not very exotic. I don't own one, but I detest
>> >deviled eggs

>> That means more for me. Thanks!
>>
>> >(or deviled anything for that matter).

>> Can't say I've eaten anything else that was called deviled.

>Deviled ham? You'd probably bitch over devils food cake, but in fact
>it's only written in a different tense. Deviled simply means piquant/
>more highly flavored from the norm.
>
>---

Oh, ok.... thanks, I think.

At the time, I was thinking about deviled ham which I know I've never
eaten. Isn't it ground up and comes in a can? In any case, I've
never eaten a ground ham sandwich... or whatever you'd do with that
stuff and "devil's food cake", is not a common term in my part of the
world. We eat chocolate cake here.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:02:55 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:39:31 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> OTOH, why would anyone want to slice a *raw* italian sausage with a
>> knife? That's a smash in the making too.

>You'd get more browning action and more fat would render out, I
>suspect.

I learned a long time ago that you don't slice raw italian sausages
unless you're prepared for a big mess (no matter how sharp the knife).
For the perfect rounds wanted by the OP, precook them enough to firm
them up at least.

Personally... I *never* keep the casing on unless I'm cooking them to
put in a bun. Bulk sausage would be fine for the majority of my
purposes (I like and use Italian sausage a lot), but I guess the rest
of the American public prefers it in casings so I'm out voted at the
grocery store.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:39:31 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> OTOH, why would anyone want to slice a *raw* italian sausage with a
>> knife? That's a smash in the making too.

> You'd get more browning action and more fat would render out, I
> suspect.
>
> -sw

We do it often, mostly for the browning. Minutes ago, I finished my lunch
of leftover pasta and sausage. I also do it for making scrambled eggs with
sausage and cheese. I don't get upset, though, if the sausage get
flattened or out of round when slicing either. Sharp knife, long stoke.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:49:37 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

>On Sep 15, 1:07?am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
>>

>> I have never used one, but figured they must be very sharp. Duh.

>Actually pretty dull, just ordinary round diameter wire, no sharper
>than a gee-tar string... but way sharper than you... I'm positive that
>your brain would fit in an egg slicer, easy... just gonna hafta
>extricate it from yer ass first. LOL

Good grief!
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:43:38 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

>cybercat" wrote:
>> "Paco's Tacos" wrote :
>>
>> > Put the whole sausages in the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until they feel
>> > "firm". Use a sharp knife.

>> Another good idea! Go, Paco! I love this group.

>Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't slice raw fresh
>guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to slice
>partially frozen or cooked. People who actually cook will always
>slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then it's typically sliced
>longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like presentation... there
>is no point to slicing raw dago sausage by any method because how will
>you cook it so it will still retain it's coin shape, and why would
>anyone want to... even if sliced into coins while partially frozen as
>soon as they're cooked the casings would shrinkle, tighten like like
>elastics on the smalleset size condoms and squeeze the meat out either
>end... would look like circumcised foreskins filled with headcheese on
>steroids. Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
>casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either formed
>into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled.... if someone served
>me pizza (or any dish) with fresh WOP sausage sliced into coins I'd
>refuse it, only pepperoni pizza is coins. Anyone want's to cook
>sliced sausage coins really oughta stay with tube steak... and we all
>know how the Tvat ain't gonna slice her widdle tube steak until after
>she's had her way with it... and now yoose know the real story of pig
>n' poke! <teehee>

WTF is guinea sausage?

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat said...

> Cook them whole first, by putting them in a frying pan in about an inch
> of water, simmering for 15 minutes, turning until the water evaporates.
> Then you can add oil if you want to, but I don't, they are fatty enough.
> Turn the heat up to medium high then and brown on all sides. (Don't
> prick the sides, so as much of the seasoning will stay in.)

I cook it your way but I do prick the blisters with a kebab skewer since they
can release a fountain of hot grease and I don't brown it. I'll food process
it into a course chop and it finishes cooking in a batch of jambalaya. Never
had hot Italian sausage any other way.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zcare wrote:

> Sorry about asking, but i am new to cooking.
>
>How to cut Italian sausage?

Clamp down sharply and firmly with the anal sphincter while at the top
of your lungs yelling Ba-Fongool!. <G>

Bodabing!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> cybercat wrote:

> > I have it tattoed on my hiney.

> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

Your bum.
The backside of your fanny. "-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
For your listening pleasu http://www.am1500.com/pcast/80509.mp3 --
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

> Your bum.
> The backside of your fanny. "-)

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:43:38 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

> WTF is guinea sausage?

Sheldon's gnarly weenie. Eyyyuu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message

>>> We call those tramp stamps in these parts.
>>>

>> I have heard that, and think it is hilarious. And what a great place to
>> have GULLIBLE tattoed!
>>

> Particularly if one has round heels, it's good advertisement.
> Dee Dee

Yes--or, it could be a message to the man who is viewing it. Like, "haha,
got you, SUCKAH! "

And no, I have no tats. None. Who am I to deface a masterpiece?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message

>>> We call those tramp stamps in these parts.
>>>

>> I have heard that, and think it is hilarious. And what a great place to
>> have GULLIBLE tattoed!
>>

> Particularly if one has round heels, it's good advertisement.
> Dee Dee

Also, tramp stamps are actually placed above the but and below the waist.
Not on the hiney proper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:18:39 +0100, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>>cybercat wrote:

>>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

>>errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?
>>

> It's a behind, a bottom, a rear end..... butt cheeks. Tatoos are
> usually in that area below the waist and above the butt cheeks though.
> --

Great minds. I posted the same thing before I read this. Verrry pooooky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote
>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

OMG! They don't have HINEYS where you live??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> ObFood: My first batch of Vicyssoise was made tonight.

How'd it turn out? Seems like a lot of work, from the recipes
I've seen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:39:31 -0700, sf wrote:

>OTOH, why would anyone want to slice a *raw* italian sausage with a
>knife? That's a smash in the making too.

I had a recipe once (from James Beard's Beard on Pasta) that had a
pasta salad in it, in which it called for slices of Italian sausage.
The slices were cooked in a pan before being added to the salad. Now,
my memory is probably faulty here, but I don't think the sausage was
pre-cooked before it was sliced and then sauteed. I could be very
wrong on this, as I don't have the book anymo it was lost.

If anyone has the book, they could check it out... I don't expect
James Beard would have foregone pre-cooking the sausage before slicing
it, but who knows....LOL.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:16:10 -0700, koko wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:34:45 -0600, Christine Dabney

I have switched to
>>sometimes using just water as the liquid. Seems to give a purer, more
>>potatoey flavor, at least in my estimation. I started doing this
>>after reading something from Richard Olney, in which he described his
>>potato leek soup. He used potatoes, leeks, water and butter, salt and
>>pepper.

>That's how Julia Child made her potato soup also. I'll bet it would
>make a delicious vichyssoise. Or maybe half broth half water.

The version Richard Olney makes is in his book Simple French Food. It
doesn't even call for pepper. He mentions that the tradition in which
it came from is of working Parisian families who made it their nightly
soup. He said the version with broth would be a surprise to them....

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>> I have it tattoed on my hiney.

>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

> OMG! They don't have HINEYS where you live??

We do now I know what they are)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>>
>>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

>> OMG! They don't have HINEYS where you live??

> We do now I know what they are)))

I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Also, tramp stamps are actually placed above the but and below the
> waist. Not on the hiney proper.

A lovely, young Brazilian girl I know has a tattoo just below the
panty line above her bunda. It reads, "Made In Brasil."

I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

My mom spanked my hiney and told me "go to bed Snickelfritz". She had
Penn Dutch in her ancestry. I don't know if either odd word is relevant
to her upbringing. A simple google search didn't inform me just now.
OBFood: I like celery seed in my wieners and sauerkraut.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Robert L Bass" > wrote in message
>> Also, tramp stamps are actually placed above the but and below the waist.
>> Not on the hiney proper.

> A lovely, young Brazilian girl I know has a tattoo just below the panty
> line above her bunda. It reads, "Made In Brasil."
>
> I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).
>
> --

A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name
tattooed on his penis, her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the
penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y. Shortly
after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man
was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man
who also had a W Y on his penis.

The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice
Day'".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "Ophelia" > wrote

>>> OMG! They don't have HINEYS where you live??

>> We do now I know what they are)))
>>

> I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

You must be darling. Here sit down and have anarsecuppatea )))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

> My mom spanked my hiney and told me "go to bed Snickelfritz". She had
> Penn Dutch in her ancestry. I don't know if either odd word is
> relevant to her upbringing. A simple google search didn't inform me
> just now. OBFood: I like celery seed in my wieners and sauerkraut.

Oh well that just proves it eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:

>>> We do now I know what they are)))
>>>

>> I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

> You must be darling. Here sit down and have anarsecuppatea )))

And isn't it a bit chilly in here? Here's a sweater, love; tie it around
your waist. :-)))
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:

>>> We do now I know what they are)))
>>>

>> I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

> You must be darling. Here sit down and have anarsecuppatea )))

Why, Thank you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:

>>> I have to tell you, I am so relieved.

>> You must be darling. Here sit down and have anarsecuppatea )))

> Why, Thank you!

sugar? milk? custard cream?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:08:42 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>In article >, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>> errrrrrrrrrrrrr what's a hiney?

>My mom spanked my hiney and told me "go to bed Snickelfritz". She had
>Penn Dutch in her ancestry. I don't know if either odd word is relevant
>to her upbringing. A simple google search didn't inform me just now.
>OBFood: I like celery seed in my wieners and sauerkraut.
>
>leo

my dad used to call my sister snickelfritz from time to time. he's
irish, but my mother is german. maybe he picked it up from her
father.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote

>> OTOH, why would anyone want to slice a *raw* italian sausage with a
>> knife? That's a smash in the making too.

> You'd get more browning action and more fat would render out, I
> suspect.

That's why lots of people in Italy cut sausages lengthwise without
totally cutting them, then just open the sausages as one does with a
bread bun, or with a chicken. I then start cooking the sausages on the
open side, with casings on. When you turn them you have two options:
leave the casings on, and the sausages will bend as the casings I find
in Italy shrink with heat, or remove the casings, which is be easy
enough once the sausages are halfway cooked. Usually I end up turning
them without removing the casing and, when the sausages start to
bendm, I rwmove the casings and flatten the sausages with a fork.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote

> Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
> casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either

formed
> into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled....

Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

> if someone served me pizza (or any dish) with fresh WOP sausage
> sliced into coins I'd refuse it, only pepperoni pizza is coins.

This is mainly true, in Italy only salami (pepperoni or normal) is
served in coins, or slices if bigger. Raw sausage is almost never cut
into coins.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 12:12?pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
> Sheldon wrote
>

> > Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
> > casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either

> formed
> > into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled....

> Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

Had you reading comprehension you'd have noted this "People who
actually cook will always slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then
it's typically sliced longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like
presentation".

You obviously haven't a clue as to the definition of "longitudinally".

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sep 16, 12:12?pm, "Vilco" > wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote
>>

>> > Fresh guinea sausage is either cooked whole in their
>> > casings or casings are removed and cooked same as bulk, either

>> formed
>> > into patties, meat-a-balles, or simply crumbled....

>> Or sliced lengthwinse as a bread bun and cooked thusly open.

> Had you reading comprehension you'd have noted this "People who
> actually cook will always slice guinea sausage cooked, and even then
> it's typically sliced longitudinally, for nicer/less mystery meat like
> presentation".
>
> You obviously haven't a clue as to the definition of "longitudinally".
>
> Sheldon

Explain this, Mr. Reading Comprehension:

"Paco's Tacos" wrote : "Put the whole sausages in the freezer for 30-60
minutes or until they feel "firm". Use a sharp knife."

"Sheldon" wrote: "Hardly... even the sharpest knife in the drawer won't
slice raw fresh guinea sausage without it flattening ... either need to
slice partially frozen or cooked."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 01:38:56 GMT, "Robert L Bass"
> wrote:

>> Also, tramp stamps are actually placed above the but and below the
>> waist. Not on the hiney proper.

>A lovely, young Brazilian girl I know has a tattoo just below the
>panty line above her bunda. It reads, "Made In Brasil."
>
>I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).

I'd like to know how you know about it.
<serious look>
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 06:43:12 GMT, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

>"Robert L Bass" > wrote in message
>>> Also, tramp stamps are actually placed above the but and below the waist.
>>> Not on the hiney proper.

>> A lovely, young Brazilian girl I know has a tattoo just below the panty
>> line above her bunda. It reads, "Made In Brasil."
>>
>> I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).
>>
>> --
>>

>A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name
>tattooed on his penis, her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the
>penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y. Shortly
>after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man
>was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man
>who also had a W Y on his penis.
>
>The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"
>
>The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice
>Day'".

LOL!

No snippage from me.... no, no, no.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).
>
> I'd like to know how you know about it.
> <serious look>

There's this style of jeans that ride low and... :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>>I always thought it was cute (err, the tattoo).

>> I'd like to know how you know about it.
>> <serious look>

> There's this style of jeans that ride low and... :^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Robert, when you are replying, you are not leaving the line on as I have
here above to show that I'm replying to you. Your replies that have been
coming through has no reference to what or whom you are replying to.

It's not something that 'should' be done, but it will make your posts
easier and more meaningful to read.

Not being bossy in the least, just helpful,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> Robert, when you are replying, you are not leaving the line on as I
> have here above to show that I'm replying to you. Your replies
> that have been coming through has no reference to what or whom you
> are replying to.
>
> It's not something that 'should' be done, but it will make your
> posts easier and more meaningful to read.

OK, that's two people who feel I ought to leave the attribute on.
Maybe I've been doing it wrong the past eight or nine years. I'll
try to remember to keep it intact.

> Not being bossy in the least, just helpful,
> Dee Dee

I didn't think you were being bossy. You seem like a nice person.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass