FoodBanter.com

-   -   (2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday nightfood (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/134914-2007-09-14-new.html)

ChattyCathy 14-09-2007 04:31 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday nightfood

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

ChattyCathy 14-09-2007 04:56 PM

Andy wrote:
> ChattyCathy said...
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...

> After the garlic stomper post, I'll be cooking for all potential Mrs. Andys
> from here on out!

LOL! Don't blame you...

Andy[_2_] 14-09-2007 04:59 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

ChattyCathy said...

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...

After the garlic stomper post, I'll be cooking for all potential Mrs. Andys
from here on out!

Andy

Sky 14-09-2007 05:13 PM

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Nice survey ;) I got lucky again and voted #1 <g>. But until I win
that lottery, I shan't be going out to restaurants too often (sigh).
This time, I'll go with the #7 Sports Hat - it'll come in handy with all
the bike riding ;)

Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Sheldon 14-09-2007 05:34 PM

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...

Loverly LOs tonight.... Wednesday I made a batch of fried sausage (16)
with a ton of home grown bell peppers (16), onions (six), and sliced
garlic (entire head)... don't need to cook, and why would I want to
eat out or even consider take out... I'm gonna stay home and pig out!
Had one portion for dinner on Wednesday, have three portions
remaining... I can easy eat this every other night for a week. Got a
jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Sheldon Sleepalone

Andy[_2_] 14-09-2007 05:36 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

Sky said...

> Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

Sky,

I hope you do!

I wrote a lot of lotto checker programs in my day. To try to convince my
mate in Australia to stop playing the lottery I wrote a Perl program to
generate 100,000 pseudo random lotto quick pick games and then match them
against a winning number series I chose. I had it set to infinitely loop
until it triggered a grand prize match. It took about 10 seconds to run
each iteration. After 48 hours I had to kill the program.

You do the math! If you can't do that, don't play the lottery! <G>

170,000,000:1

He keeps sending me money to manage his lotto habit, for 10%. In 5 years
he's lost $800. I've made $3.00, MAYBE!

I still go in for $1.00 when it's over $100 million. I can't be bothered
with a measly $50 million jackpot. What kind of island would THAT buy? <G>

Andy

Andy[_2_] 14-09-2007 05:39 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

Sheldon said...

> Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Now I KNOW you're sick!!!

Andy

Pete C. 14-09-2007 06:46 PM

Andy wrote:

> Sky said...
>
> > Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

> Sky,
>
> I hope you do!
>
> I wrote a lot of lotto checker programs in my day. To try to convince my
> mate in Australia to stop playing the lottery I wrote a Perl program to
> generate 100,000 pseudo random lotto quick pick games and then match them
> against a winning number series I chose. I had it set to infinitely loop
> until it triggered a grand prize match. It took about 10 seconds to run
> each iteration. After 48 hours I had to kill the program.
>
> You do the math! If you can't do that, don't play the lottery! <G>
>
> 170,000,000:1
>
> He keeps sending me money to manage his lotto habit, for 10%. In 5 years
> he's lost $800. I've made $3.00, MAYBE!
>
> I still go in for $1.00 when it's over $100 million. I can't be bothered
> with a measly $50 million jackpot. What kind of island would THAT buy? <G>
>
> Andy

I get 1 lotto and 1 Mega Millions ticket each time I get gas. I figure
what's $2 on top of the $60 in gas? Not likely I'm going to win, but not
really going to miss the $50/yr. As for the jackpot, I don't pay much
attention to it, I'll take anything I can and anything that puts a mil
in the bank is sufficient for me to retire. I don't need a multi million
dollar house.

maxine in ri 14-09-2007 06:58 PM

On Sep 14, 11:31 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)...
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

MCINL DH's church is having their monthly potluck tonight, so we're
taking my mom's veggie bean soup in the crockpot.

OTOH, there will be takeout there. Having worked with the kitchen
crew (who set up the tables, organize the food, slice the cakes and
such) it's amazing to me how many people will bring a bucket of KFC or
buy a fancy cake from Whole Paycheck.

maxine in ri

maxine in ri 14-09-2007 07:01 PM

On Sep 14, 12:39 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Sheldon said...
>
> > Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

> Now I KNOW you're sick!!!
>
> Andy

Think global, buy local.

maxine in ri, where Narragansett is no longer made

Lou Decruss[_2_] 14-09-2007 07:03 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:31:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)...

Not me on both questions. We moved 2 months ago to a place that has
25+ restaurants within easy walking distance. Never been to one of
them or ordered out. We're on our way out to our new weekend cottage
and I've finally got everything together to try Steves signature Lamb
Gyro recipe. I'm jonesin for a Gyro big time. After seeing pictures
of his food I'll trust that it's going to be good. There's no
restaurants where were going so if it's bad we'll be having cream
cheese on crackers with sardines.

Lou

Andy[_2_] 14-09-2007 07:12 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

Lou Decruss said...

> cream cheese on crackers with sardines

Very doable!!!

Have a nice retreat.

Andy

Andy[_2_] 14-09-2007 07:22 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

maxine in ri said...

> On Sep 14, 12:39 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Sheldon said...
>>
>> > Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

>> Now I KNOW you're sick!!!
>>
>> Andy

> Think global, buy local.
>
> maxine in ri, where Narragansett is no longer made

I went to college in Rochester and NOBODY drank Genesee cream ale. It was
the "Made on the banks of the Genesee river" slogan that we couldn't
swallow!

The good ol' neon green Genesee!

I do remember 10¢ Black label beers at the Varsity Inn.

Andy

Dee Dee 14-09-2007 07:36 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

"maxine in ri" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Think global, buy local.
>
> maxine in ri,

I like that.
Dee Dee

Karen AKA Kajikit 14-09-2007 09:43 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:31:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)...

Good time to ask... I've been hard at work this afternoon cleaning
(and I've still got more to do) so I'm not going to cook anything
special. I gave DH a choice - frozen chicken tortellini with tomato
sauce, frozen cheese ravioli with bolegnase (also frozen), frozen
lasagna, or pizza... he said pizza but then we reconsidered because he
had lunch out today (I didn't... I didn't even HAVE lunch!) and we
really can't afford to do it again. So we're having the next best
thing - frozen cheese ravioli and tomato sauce with ham. Those frozen
pastas are great - they're quick and easy to fix, and if you throw a
can of seasoned tomato on them you've got dinner for less than five
bucks and quicker than waiting for the delivery guy to show up!

sf[_3_] 15-09-2007 06:04 AM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:31:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)...

We went to a restaurant tonight.... for pizza (and one order of
lasanga "dinner", which means one soup/salad and cloth napkins all
around). It's a pizza joint that my husband went to when he was 10,
maybe less.... and it had been in business for a while by that time.
Needless to say: We've been going there (together) a long time.

The original owner sold to a regular customer 25ish years ago and the
place has barely changed (motto: don't mess with success). The new
owner has watched my kids grow up and now knows my six year old
grandson as well.

I have to say that it has become a very kid friendly place over the
years in a non mechanical way. They've always had a side counter next
to the pizza oven. Back in the "olden days", the side counter was
where the take out orders were done, but now it's the "kids counter".
Kids that have trouble staying put in a chair have a place to go and
watch the action. While they are there they are given a piece of
pizza dough to play with and some cheese to munch on. The staff is
careful not to over feed them. It's get just enough to take the
rumble out of their tummy.

Need I repeat that I absolutely love that restaurant and think it's a
worthy place to celebrate a family event in? So, I couldn't think of
a better establishment to celebrate getting the keys to a new house
for my son (and his SO) than that pizza joint. Life is good, at least
for now.

;)
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

sf[_3_] 15-09-2007 06:05 AM

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:59:08 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>After the garlic stomper post, I'll be cooking for all potential Mrs. Andys
>from here on out!

WHAT??? You didn't do that before?

OMG...

Ophelia[_4_] 15-09-2007 09:40 AM

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:31:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now! (or not)...

> We went to a restaurant tonight.... for pizza (and one order of
> lasanga "dinner", which means one soup/salad and cloth napkins all
> around). It's a pizza joint that my husband went to when he was 10,
> maybe less.... and it had been in business for a while by that time.
> Needless to say: We've been going there (together) a long time.
>
> The original owner sold to a regular customer 25ish years ago and the
> place has barely changed (motto: don't mess with success). The new
> owner has watched my kids grow up and now knows my six year old
> grandson as well.
>
> I have to say that it has become a very kid friendly place over the
> years in a non mechanical way. They've always had a side counter next
> to the pizza oven. Back in the "olden days", the side counter was
> where the take out orders were done, but now it's the "kids counter".
> Kids that have trouble staying put in a chair have a place to go and
> watch the action. While they are there they are given a piece of
> pizza dough to play with and some cheese to munch on. The staff is
> careful not to over feed them. It's get just enough to take the
> rumble out of their tummy.
>
> Need I repeat that I absolutely love that restaurant and think it's a
> worthy place to celebrate a family event in? So, I couldn't think of
> a better establishment to celebrate getting the keys to a new house
> for my son (and his SO) than that pizza joint. Life is good, at least
> for now.

How lovely:)))))

Ophelia[_4_] 15-09-2007 09:41 AM

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:59:08 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>

>> After the garlic stomper post, I'll be cooking for all potential
>> Mrs. Andys from here on out!

> WHAT??? You didn't do that before?
>
> OMG...

Awwwwwwww good luck Andy:))))

Nancy Young 15-09-2007 02:46 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

<sf> wrote

> Need I repeat that I absolutely love that restaurant and think it's a
> worthy place to celebrate a family event in? So, I couldn't think of
> a better establishment to celebrate getting the keys to a new house
> for my son (and his SO) than that pizza joint. Life is good, at least
> for now.

That's a great story. However, when I first read it, it was in
Ophelia's reply and I had it in my head she is the one who went
out for pizza. Struck me as strange, her having this pizza place
in Scotland. They probably do, what do I know. Heh.

I hardly ever go out on Friday nights, or even order in. My
crowd-avoidance thing. Forget if you call out for chinese or
pizza, you'd better go pick it up yourself if you're hungry, otherwise
it's a long wait.

However, I did go out for lunch. Sat at the bar, naturally, and
had eggplant parmesan while overlooking the river ... excuse me,
estuary. Swans. Boats. Mansions. Nice view. Then went walking
on the beach and then took a drive through an historic fort. Then
went to see some fossil beds in my town, been meaning to go there
for years. I did not see any fossils which is what I suspected.

All in all, a nice day.

nancy

Ophelia[_4_] 15-09-2007 03:08 PM

Nancy Young wrote:
> <sf> wrote
>
>> Need I repeat that I absolutely love that restaurant and think it's a
>> worthy place to celebrate a family event in? So, I couldn't think of
>> a better establishment to celebrate getting the keys to a new house
>> for my son (and his SO) than that pizza joint. Life is good, at
>> least for now.

> That's a great story. However, when I first read it, it was in
> Ophelia's reply and I had it in my head she is the one who went
> out for pizza. Struck me as strange, her having this pizza place
> in Scotland. They probably do, what do I know. Heh.

heck yes:) We have most places you have I think:))

Nancy Young 15-09-2007 03:19 PM

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Nancy Young wrote:

>> That's a great story. However, when I first read it, it was in
>> Ophelia's reply and I had it in my head she is the one who went
>> out for pizza. Struck me as strange, her having this pizza place
>> in Scotland. They probably do, what do I know. Heh.

> heck yes:) We have most places you have I think:))

I'm sure! It's just this sort of legacy place, your husband has
been going there since he was 10 ... silly me, I thought you
might say that about a chip shop or something ... not a pizza
joint. Just being a goof.

nancy

Ophelia[_4_] 15-09-2007 05:21 PM

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> That's a great story. However, when I first read it, it was in
>>> Ophelia's reply and I had it in my head she is the one who went
>>> out for pizza. Struck me as strange, her having this pizza place
>>> in Scotland. They probably do, what do I know. Heh.

>> heck yes:) We have most places you have I think:))

> I'm sure! It's just this sort of legacy place, your husband has
> been going there since he was 10 ... silly me, I thought you
> might say that about a chip shop or something ... not a pizza
> joint. Just being a goof.

Well no, I have to say we don't have a legacy place as special as yours:)))
I have lived in too many places to have such lovely places in my life. You
are very lucky:))

Ophelia[_4_] 15-09-2007 05:22 PM

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:46:49 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Struck me as strange, her having this pizza place
>> in Scotland. They probably do, what do I know. Heh.

> There are at least 25 Domino's in Scotland. They have 49
> different specialty pizzas on the menu. Their current Special is
> "Pepperoni, Ham, Chorizo, Tandoori Chicken, Meatballs and Smoky
> Bacon, together with our Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella Cheese, all
> on our classic fresh-dough base."
>
> Pizza Hut offers toppings such as goat cheese, spicy pork, corn,
> whole(!) black olives, tuna, shrimp, crayfish, rocket and
> chorizo.
>
> Heck, I might try this at home (I wonder what the "spicy pork"
> tastes like?)
>
> Curry Heaven
> spicy pork, green chillies, coriander, onion, curry sauce(no
> pizza sauce)

Well! I didn't know that:))

Dee Dee 15-09-2007 05:35 PM

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Well no, I have to say we don't have a legacy place as special as
> yours:))) I have lived in too many places to have such lovely places in my
> life. You are very lucky:))

My sentiments, also.
But I guess there are trade-offs in life for the (us) wanderers.
Dee Dee

Cindy Fuller 15-09-2007 07:25 PM

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> I went to college in Rochester and NOBODY drank Genesee cream ale. It was
> the "Made on the banks of the Genesee river" slogan that we couldn't
> swallow!

Or nobody ADMITTED to drinking it.

> The good ol' neon green Genesee!
>
> I do remember 10¢ Black label beers at the Varsity Inn.

My father and other male relatives liked Black Label, Utica Club, and
Schaefer.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Cindy Fuller 15-09-2007 07:26 PM

blake murphy 16-09-2007 04:57 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:25:45 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>

>> I went to college in Rochester and NOBODY drank Genesee cream ale. It was
>> the "Made on the banks of the Genesee river" slogan that we couldn't
>> swallow!

>Or nobody ADMITTED to drinking it.
>>
>> The good ol' neon green Genesee!
>>
>> I do remember 10¢ Black label beers at the Varsity Inn.
>>

>My father and other male relatives liked Black Label, Utica Club, and
>Schaefer.
>
>Cindy

black label is pretty vile. national bohemian ('natty bo' to those in
the know) is making something of a comeback in the d.c. area.

your pal,
blake

Blinky the Shark 16-09-2007 06:56 PM

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:25:45 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:
>
>>In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>>

>>> I went to college in Rochester and NOBODY drank Genesee cream ale.
>>> It was the "Made on the banks of the Genesee river" slogan that we
>>> couldn't swallow!

>>Or nobody ADMITTED to drinking it.
>>>
>>> The good ol' neon green Genesee!
>>>
>>> I do remember 10¢ Black label beers at the Varsity Inn.
>>>

>>My father and other male relatives liked Black Label, Utica Club, and
>>Schaefer.
>>
>>Cindy

> black label is pretty vile. national bohemian ('natty bo' to those in
> the know) is making something of a comeback in the d.c. area.

Cheapies that I remember (I don't drink much beer any more) are Red
White And Blue (that's one beer <g>) and Lucky Lager.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

The Ranger[_2_] 16-09-2007 08:21 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

Blinky the Shark > wrote in message
[snip]
> Cheapies that I remember [..] Lucky Lager.

LL is used to assist with forgetting...

The Ranger

blake murphy 17-09-2007 05:36 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On 16 Sep 2007 17:56:31 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:25:45 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>>>Or nobody ADMITTED to drinking it.

>>>My father and other male relatives liked Black Label, Utica Club, and
>>>Schaefer.
>>>
>>>Cindy

>> black label is pretty vile. national bohemian ('natty bo' to those in
>> the know) is making something of a comeback in the d.c. area.

>Cheapies that I remember (I don't drink much beer any more) are Red
>White And Blue (that's one beer <g>) and Lucky Lager.

i think the cheapest beer i've ever drunk was a store brand, a & p
lager in cans, in new york city. generally best to wait until after
the fourth or fifth bottle of something else before wading into that.

your pal,
blake

sf[_3_] 18-09-2007 03:41 AM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:36:41 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On 16 Sep 2007 17:56:31 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
>wrote:
>>
>>Cheapies that I remember (I don't drink much beer any more) are Red
>>White And Blue (that's one beer <g>) and Lucky Lager.

>i think the cheapest beer i've ever drunk was a store brand, a & p
>lager in cans, in new york city. generally best to wait until after
>the fourth or fifth bottle of something else before wading into that.

I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
like to make beer bread with.

sf[_3_] 18-09-2007 04:05 AM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

BTW: Interesting to see more people prefer "either" on turkey than
chicken. I would have bet money that it would be the other way
around.

Julian Vrieslander 18-09-2007 04:31 AM

In article >, sf wrote:

> I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
> stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
> that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
> like to make beer bread with.

Rolling Rock?

--
Julian Vrieslander

sf[_3_] 18-09-2007 06:52 AM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:31:29 -0700, Julian Vrieslander
> wrote:

>In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
>> stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
>> that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
>> like to make beer bread with.

>Rolling Rock?

I almost said yes, but I looked it up. That's not the stumpy bottle
I'm thinking of. This one is really stumpy (short neck).

blake murphy 18-09-2007 07:18 PM

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:41:31 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:36:41 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:
>
>>On 16 Sep 2007 17:56:31 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
>>wrote:
>>>
>>>Cheapies that I remember (I don't drink much beer any more) are Red
>>>White And Blue (that's one beer <g>) and Lucky Lager.

>>i think the cheapest beer i've ever drunk was a store brand, a & p
>>lager in cans, in new york city. generally best to wait until after
>>the fourth or fifth bottle of something else before wading into that.
>>

>I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
>stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
>that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
>like to make beer bread with.

i mostly drink american beer, which i thing is usually thought of as
lager or pilsner style. (if not, i'm sure someone will correct me.)

the stumpy green bottle rings a bell, but i can't think of the name.
did it have a wide mouth as well?

your pal,
blake

blake murphy 18-09-2007 07:21 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:31:29 -0700, Julian Vrieslander
> wrote:

>In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
>> stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
>> that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
>> like to make beer bread with.

>Rolling Rock?

i was thinking it might be that, too, if she was thinking about the
pony bottles (a.k.a. 'pocket rockets'). but they're not really
stumpy. plus i like rolling rock. in the context of american beers,
it's by no means vile.

your pal,
blake

Blinky the Shark 18-09-2007 07:56 PM

blake murphy wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:41:31 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:36:41 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>>>i think the cheapest beer i've ever drunk was a store brand, a
>>>& p lager in cans, in new york city. generally best to wait
>>>until after the fourth or fifth bottle of something else before
>>>wading into that.
>>>

>>I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light
>>colored stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy
>>green bottle that someone told me was called "green death" back
>>in the day that I like to make beer bread with.

> i mostly drink american beer, which i thing is usually thought
> of as lager or pilsner style. (if not, i'm sure someone will
> correct me.)
>
> the stumpy green bottle rings a bell, but i can't think of the
> name. did it have a wide mouth as well?

That would probaby be "Mickey Big Lips". (Mickey's beer in the
wide-mouth bottle.) I'm not used to that being considered as the
cheapest along with stuff like Lucky Lager and Shaeffer.

--
Blinky
http://improve-usenet.org <------------- New Site Aug 28

Julie Marie Lancelle 18-09-2007 09:17 PM

(2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday night food

I've been a lurker here for some time. Couldn't resist this one:
Mickey's Big Mouth.

BOB[_9_] 19-09-2007 01:17 AM

"sf" wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:31:29 -0700, Julian Vrieslander
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >, sf wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not a beer drinker and don't like lagers (that's the light colored
>>> stuff, right?) in general - but there's one in a stumpy green bottle
>>> that someone told me was called "green death" back in the day that I
>>> like to make beer bread with.

>>Rolling Rock?

> I almost said yes, but I looked it up. That's not the stumpy bottle
> I'm thinking of. This one is really stumpy (short neck).

Mickey's

BOB