Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bamboo Cutting Boards

www.simplybamboo.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

or you could just killfile 'em

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"agrunspan" > wrote

> But while we're on the subject of bamboo cutting boards -- has anyone had
> experience with their durability? I've seen them in several places but
> haven't met anyone who's actually had one for any length of time.

For a couple three years I have had a small one that is used often.
It doesn't get any special attention, of course I don't put it into
the dishwasher. Couple knife marks as all my cutting boards have,
other than that, it's great. Cleans up nicely, dries fast.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:55:50 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"agrunspan" > wrote
>
>> But while we're on the subject of bamboo cutting boards -- has anyone had
>> experience with their durability? I've seen them in several places but
>> haven't met anyone who's actually had one for any length of time.

>For a couple three years I have had a small one that is used often.
>It doesn't get any special attention, of course I don't put it into
>the dishwasher. Couple knife marks as all my cutting boards have,
>other than that, it's great. Cleans up nicely, dries fast.
>
>nancy

Thanks for the tip. Although I'd never buy from a smammer. Bamboo is
also eco friendly as it grows so fast. My brother just did his
bathroom suite floors with it. It's beautiful but was pretty
expensive. I think about 7 buck a square foot. I'm told installed
properly it's suitable for even bathrooms. Hopefully, because that's
what he did and he used about 600 square feet. LOL

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:55:50 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

>>For a couple three years I have had a small one that is used often.
>>It doesn't get any special attention, of course I don't put it into
>>the dishwasher. Couple knife marks as all my cutting boards have,
>>other than that, it's great. Cleans up nicely, dries fast.

> Thanks for the tip. Although I'd never buy from a smammer.

Ditto. Actually, I bought mine from Whole Foods, it was there,
it was priced okay, but they have them in any home store like
Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things or Target, blah blah.

> Bamboo is
> also eco friendly as it grows so fast. My brother just did his
> bathroom suite floors with it. It's beautiful but was pretty
> expensive. I think about 7 buck a square foot. I'm told installed
> properly it's suitable for even bathrooms. Hopefully, because that's
> what he did and he used about 600 square feet. LOL

Wow, that's some bathroom. But, yeah, I guess that's why the
bamboo seems to dry fast, being rather impervious to water compared
to wood. The only issue would be the glue, and of course they
use some type that is appropriate.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 14, 6:55 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> For a couple three years I have had a small one that is used often.
> It doesn't get any special attention, of course I don't put it into
> the dishwasher. Couple knife marks as all my cutting boards have,
> other than that, it's great. Cleans up nicely, dries fast.

I have a small one, but don't use it much. It does clean up and dry
well, as you say, but I just don't like the way it feels under my
knife. Too "brittle," if you get what I mean. I also use the plastic
boards, mostly for chickens for their convenience in cleaning, but
when I'm going to be doing a lot of cutting of a variety of things I
always reach for the big old butcher block style, mostly maple,
board. It's an aesthetic thing, I guess, more than anything else. -
aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 14, 10:22?am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:55:50 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:
>

> >"agrunspan" > wrote

> >> But while we're on the subject of bamboo cutting boards -- has anyone had
> >> experience with their durability? I've seen them in several places but
> >> haven't met anyone who's actually had one for any length of time.

> >For a couple three years I have had a small one that is used often.
> >It doesn't get any special attention, of course I don't put it into
> >the dishwasher. Couple knife marks as all my cutting boards have,
> >other than that, it's great. Cleans up nicely, dries fast.

> >nancy

> Thanks for the tip. Although I'd never buy from a smammer. Bamboo is
> also eco friendly as it grows so fast. My brother just did his
> bathroom suite floors with it. It's beautiful but was pretty
> expensive. I think about 7 buck a square foot. I'm told installed
> properly it's suitable for even bathrooms. Hopefully, because that's
> what he did and he used about 600 square feet. LOL

$7/sqft would be extremely cheap for ceramic tile installed, typically
costs twice that, and more if good quality ceramic, would be a lot
more for porcelain.... but 600sqft is a HUGE terlit... even if all the
walls are tiled to the ceiling and the ceiling is tiled too 600sq
would be some HUGE terlit.

Six hundred sqft is like a decent sized 2 bedroom apartment with an
EIK. An oversized 2 car garage is under 600 sq ft. mine is 24' x 24',
that's 576sqft. a fairly large two car garage, will easily house two
super cab pick up trucks with plenty of room left over.

The average full bath is like 50sqft (5' x 10'), and the standard 5'
tub takes up more than 10sqft.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

> I have a small one, but don't use it much.
> It's an aesthetic thing, I guess, more than anything else.

Hmm. . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I also use the plastic boards, mostly for chickens...

Raw fish, foul or meat I cut on a plastic board. Bread, veggies and
spices, as well as anything that's already cooked I cut, slice, chop
or otherwise abuse on a butcher block. So far no one has died so I
guess I'm doing it right. :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 03:05:33 GMT, "Robert L Bass"
> wrote:

>> I also use the plastic boards, mostly for chickens...

>Raw fish, foul or meat I cut on a plastic board. Bread, veggies and
>spices, as well as anything that's already cooked I cut, slice, chop
>or otherwise abuse on a butcher block. So far no one has died so I
>guess I'm doing it right. :^)

i cut meat on my wooden board (of course, washing afterwards). if
they die, they die.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 14, 11:01 am, Sheldon > wrote:
> aem wrote:
>
> > I have a small one, but don't use it much.
> > It's an aesthetic thing, I guess, more than anything else.

> Hmm. . .

Cute, though to get there you had to snip a lot.....ouch. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 15, 3:18?pm, aem > wrote:
> On Sep 14, 11:01 am, Sheldon > wrote:
>
> > aem wrote:

> > > I have a small one, but don't use it much.
> > > It's an aesthetic thing, I guess, more than anything else.

> > Hmm. . .

> Cute, though to get there you had to snip a lot.....ouch.

At least it's hard. But that's the problem with bamboo cutting
boards, they look nice but the resin that forms the matrix is fairly
hard and slightly abrasive... dulls knives as though cutting on
manicurist's emery boards.

I like the new polypropylene boards, they don't dull knives, they are
made in all colors and configurations to satisfy any decor, and are
very inexpensive so you can afford a stack... after using just put in
the dishwasher. And they are typically impregnated with a germacide
that lasts the life of the board plus they don't absorb odors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:27:23 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"dolphineight" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> www.simplybamboo.net
>>

>Using the above email, you can notify these people they are in violation of
>the terms of service of their internet provider. Thinly veiled postings of
>this sort are essentially unpaid advertising that is un welcome in
>non-commercial newsgroups.

It was posted through Google. You will get a response from Google that
essentially states that they could care less.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

raymond wrote:
> "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
> >"dolphineight"
> >>www.simplebamboozle.net

> >Using the above email, you can notify these people they are in violation of
> >the terms of service of their internet provider. Thinly veiled postings of
> >this sort are essentially unpaid advertising that is un welcome in
> >non-commercial newsgroups.

> It was posted through Google. You will get a response from Google that
> essentially states that they could care less.

I suppose they could care less but typically they *couldn't* care
less.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"raymond" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:27:23 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>

>>"dolphineight" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>>> www.simplybamboo.net
>>>

>>Using the above email, you can notify these people they are in violation
>>of
>>the terms of service of their internet provider. Thinly veiled postings
>>of
>>this sort are essentially unpaid advertising that is un welcome in
>>non-commercial newsgroups.
>>

> It was posted through Google. You will get a response from Google that
> essentially states that they could care less.

It was posted through Google, but some other place carries their web page.
Beside, I'm complaining directly to the seller. Why not let them know you
don't appreciate their spam?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> It was posted through Google, but some other place carries their
> web page. Beside, I'm complaining directly to the seller. Why not
> let them know you don't appreciate their spam?

You can use a variant on my method of dealing with phone spammers.

1. Contact them and ask if you can place orders by fax. Write the
number down.

2. Using your favorite image editor, create an 8.5" x 11" solid black
image. In the center of the image, using white 30-point text, write
"Please Stop Spamming Usenet". Save the image as a JPG or GIF image.

3. Open your favorite word processing app and create a 1-page doc.
Insert the image in the middle of the page. Save the document.

4. Click on the image and hit CTL-C once. Now hit CTL-V 10 times to
create a 10-page document.

5. Now click one on the document and hit CTL-A, CTL-C to grab the
whole thing. Again hit CTL-V 10 times to make the document 100 pages
long.

6. Print the document to a PDF file.

7. Use your fax modem to send the document to the spammer once a
night for a few weeks.

I've used this to get persistent phone spammers to take my number off
their lists. It usually only takes one or two 100-page faxes to do
the trick. Note that you should precede the fax number with *70 to
block your caller ID.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's a juvenal retaliation. Are you 12? Be a man and complain
directly to someone in charge.

Some kid in their marketing department thought posting here would be a
good idea. At least it's a legitimate business where you can make
your voice heard, unlike our handbag and shoe spammers, so grow up and
complain in an adult manner if you're so bothered.

```````````````````````````

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 01:00:08 GMT, "Robert L Bass"

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> That's a juvenal retaliation.

Blinky Trivia Time! Did you know that Juvenal was a Roman satirist
whose real name was DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS? No, I'm not shouting;
they didn't have lower case letters. I suppose when he was young he did
some *juvenile* things, although I doubt that he was ever a *juvenile*
delinquent.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> That's a juvenal retaliation. Are you 12?

No, 13.

> Be a man and complain directly to someone in charge.

Do you honestly believe that there's someone at a spammer's company
that gives a hoot if you complain?

> Some kid in their marketing department thought
> posting here would be a good idea...

I doubt it. Legitimate copmpanies don't hire chilfdren to spam
Usenet.

> ... if you're so bothered.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm not particularly bothered. I used the
technique to get incorrigible phone spammers to leave me alone. It
might work equally well on Usenet spammers. I'm not talking about
legitimate businesses. These are primarily scam artists.

If it makes you feel better, by all means call and complain.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Sep 2007 18:01:29 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> That's a juvenal retaliation.

>Blinky Trivia Time! Did you know that Juvenal was a Roman satirist
>whose real name was DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS? No, I'm not shouting;
>they didn't have lower case letters. I suppose when he was young he did
>some *juvenile* things, although I doubt that he was ever a *juvenile*
>delinquent.

This is a great piece of trivia. Thank you!
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:35:21 GMT, "Robert L Bass"
> wrote:

>> That's a juvenal retaliation. Are you 12?

>No, 13.
>
>> Be a man and complain directly to someone in charge.

>Do you honestly believe that there's someone at a spammer's company
>that gives a hoot if you complain?
>
>> Some kid in their marketing department thought
>> posting here would be a good idea...

>I doubt it. Legitimate copmpanies don't hire chilfdren to spam
>Usenet.

Aha, so you're an ignoramus who takes words literally.

>> ... if you're so bothered.

>Perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm not particularly bothered. I used the
>technique to get incorrigible phone spammers to leave me alone. It
>might work equally well on Usenet spammers. I'm not talking about
>legitimate businesses. These are primarily scam artists.
>
>If it makes you feel better, by all means call and complain.

*I* was not bothered by that post, but apparently you were AND *you*
were the person who suggested a pre-adult form of retaliation. IMO,
others responded appropriately by critiquing how bamboo and knives
interact. They gave adult responses. You didn't.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Aha, so you're an ignoramus who takes words literally.

No, I'm someone who doesn't take Usenet so seriously as to call you
an ignoramus. Though we differ in opinion on this not very
significant issue, I prefer to assume you're not.

> *I* was not bothered by that post...

It seems you were bothered by my post though. Sorry for offending
you.

> IMO, others responded appropriately by critiquing how bamboo and
> knives interact...

Glad they met with your approval.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 16 Sep 2007 18:01:29 GMT, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>>sf wrote:
>>
>>> That's a juvenal retaliation.

>>Blinky Trivia Time! Did you know that Juvenal was a Roman
>>satirist whose real name was DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS? No, I'm
>>not shouting; they didn't have lower case letters. I suppose
>>when he was young he did some *juvenile* things, although I
>>doubt that he was ever a *juvenile* delinquent.

> This is a great piece of trivia. Thank you!

Enjoy. And hopefully the correct spelling of "juvenile" will be
remembered, too.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org <------------- New Site Aug 28
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 Sep 2007 18:57:25 GMT, Blinky the Shark >

>> On 16 Sep 2007 18:01:29 GMT, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:

>>>Blinky Trivia Time! Did you know that Juvenal was a Roman
>>>satirist whose real name was DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS? No, I'm
>>>not shouting; they didn't have lower case letters. I suppose
>>>when he was young he did some *juvenile* things, although I
>>>doubt that he was ever a *juvenile* delinquent.

>> This is a great piece of trivia. Thank you!

>Enjoy. And hopefully the correct spelling of "juvenile" will be
>remembered, too.

Not if I forget to spell check. End of story.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2007 18:57:25 GMT, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 16 Sep 2007 18:01:29 GMT, Blinky the Shark

>>> This is a great piece of trivia. Thank you!

>>Enjoy. And hopefully the correct spelling of "juvenile" will
>>be remembered, too.

> Not if I forget to spell check. End of story.

Spell check probably won't catch it, since they're both words.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org <------------- New Site Aug 28
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:59:21 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

>> Thanks for the tip. Although I'd never buy from a smammer. Bamboo is
>> also eco friendly as it grows so fast. My brother just did his
>> bathroom suite floors with it. It's beautiful but was pretty
>> expensive. I think about 7 buck a square foot. I'm told installed
>> properly it's suitable for even bathrooms. Hopefully, because that's
>> what he did and he used about 600 square feet. LOL

>$7/sqft would be extremely cheap for ceramic tile installed, typically
>costs twice that, and more if good quality ceramic, would be a lot
>more for porcelain.... but 600sqft is a HUGE terlit... even if all the
>walls are tiled to the ceiling and the ceiling is tiled too 600sq
>would be some HUGE terlit.

Sorry but I made a mistake. I should have said "bedroom" suite. But
that makes the area no less impressive. He doesn't have a common
"starter" home. About half of the bamboo went in the bedroom area.
The rest went in a very short hallway leading to the bathroom and the
bathroom itself. They had a whirlpool tub and never used it so they
replaced it with an oversized no frills, but high end tub. The sink
counter top is custom granite with granite pedestal legs. It's a
double bowl thingie about 10 feet long. He's 6'6" and has always hated
having to bend over to get under the shower head. So the shower
(separate from the tub) has a 10 foot ceiling. It alone is larger
than what you've described as the average bathroom. Two shower heads,
those silly side jets, and seating benches. I guess the benches are
good for sitting down and scrubbing your feet. Everything in the
shower is marble. The walk in closets are carpeted.

>Six hundred sqft is like a decent sized 2 bedroom apartment with an
>EIK. An oversized 2 car garage is under 600 sq ft. mine is 24' x 24',
>that's 576sqft. a fairly large two car garage, will easily house two
>super cab pick up trucks with plenty of room left over.

Mine is that size too. I've always lived in the city and never had a
garage so to me it's huge. His house is not the norm though. It has
only 3 doors but there's a bay between the second and third. And it's
very deep. It could hold 6 cars.

>The average full bath is like 50sqft (5' x 10'), and the standard 5'
>tub takes up more than 10sqft.

He's got one that size off the great room. Damn thing is so clean I'm
afraid to use it.

BTW, he's a skilled tradesman. The $7 per sq ft. didn't include
underlayment, glue, screws, labor or any other cost of instalation.
He did it himself. The material alone was well over 25 grand.

Lou <----poor in comparison
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> >> Thanks for the tip. Although I'd never buy from a smammer. Bamboo is
> >> also eco friendly as it grows so fast. My brother just did his
> >> bathroom suite floors with it. It's beautiful but was pretty
> >> expensive. I think about 7 buck a square foot. I'm told installed
> >> properly it's suitable for even bathrooms. Hopefully, because that's
> >> what he did and he used about 600 square feet. LOL

> >$7/sqft would be extremely cheap for ceramic tile installed, typically
> >costs twice that, and more if good quality ceramic, would be a lot
> >more for porcelain.... but 600sqft is a HUGE terlit... even if all the
> >walls are tiled to the ceiling and the ceiling is tiled too 600sq
> >would be some HUGE terlit.

> Sorry but I made a mistake. I should have said "bedroom" suite. But
> that makes the area no less impressive. He doesn't have a common
> "starter" home. About half of the bamboo went in the bedroom area.
> The rest went in a very short hallway leading to the bathroom and the
> bathroom itself. They had a whirlpool tub and never used it so they
> replaced it with an oversized no frills, but high end tub. The sink
> counter top is custom granite with granite pedestal legs. It's a
> double bowl thingie about 10 feet long. He's 6'6" and has always hated
> having to bend over to get under the shower head. So the shower
> (separate from the tub) has a 10 foot ceiling. It alone is larger
> than what you've described as the average bathroom. Two shower heads,
> those silly side jets, and seating benches. I guess the benches are
> good for sitting down and scrubbing your feet. Everything in the
> shower is marble. The walk in closets are carpeted.
>
> >Six hundred sqft is like a decent sized 2 bedroom apartment with an
> >EIK. An oversized 2 car garage is under 600 sq ft. mine is 24' x 24',
> >that's 576sqft. a fairly large two car garage, will easily house two
> >super cab pick up trucks with plenty of room left over.

> Mine is that size too. I've always lived in the city and never had a
> garage so to me it's huge. His house is not the norm though. It has
> only 3 doors but there's a bay between the second and third. And it's
> very deep. It could hold 6 cars.
>
> >The average full bath is like 50sqft (5' x 10'), and the standard 5'
> >tub takes up more than 10sqft.

> He's got one that size off the great room. Damn thing is so clean I'm
> afraid to use it.
>
> BTW, he's a skilled tradesman. The $7 per sq ft. didn't include
> underlayment, glue, screws, labor or any other cost of instalation.
> He did it himself. The material alone was well over 25 grand.
>
> Lou <----poor in comparison

Still, $7/sqft is dirt cheap, astro turf costs more... he must have
you snookered about his economic worth. And bamboo laminate is NOT
ecol friendly at all, the bamboo portion is but not the plasticized
binder and it's mostly plastic binder. If I wanted to make an
impression and I had the big bucks to spend I'd never consider having
a terlit filled with high end designer fixtures floored with cheapo
plastic tiles. Your story just doesn't compute, or your brother has
his aesthetic taste in his ass. And $25,000 is like extremely cheap
for what you describe.. just an ordinary Jacuzzi can eat up half that
pittance of a budget... even plain old Kohler faucets for that loo can
total $5,000, and more, decent lighting but not top of the line can
easily run $20,000 for a 600sqft space. For what you describe, a high
end 600 sqft bedroom suite would run like $100,000 just for materials,
and I'm being conservative, very. No one who does what you describe
uses any kind of cheapo-crapo laminate flooring, no way, no how. All
laminate flooring is garbage. With 600 sqft we're talking half a
typical tract home, and you're talking estate... a master bedroom
suite with high end, high tech fixturing is the most expensive portion
of an expensive house, even more than the kitchen. $7sqft plastic
laminate tile is what poor folk use to cover their kid's playroom
floor in their doublewide. Personally I wouldn't ever use any kind of
plastic laminate flooring, it presents an extreme fire hazzard, emits
the kind of fumes a HAZMAT team runs from.

Even the typical inexpensive working class tract home toilet is costly
just to redo... I had one redone like 12 years ago, a typical 60 sqft
jobbie, and I had very nice imported Italian procelain tiles instaled
floor to ceiling and over the tub. I had all much better than average
fixtures but no way high tech exotic, really just a step or two better
than builder special... and this cost me $22,000, and that's 12 years
ago, and I shopped around, other estimates were substantially more. I
bought those fancy schmancy tiles myself, the contractor installed
them, and properly on a mud floor and new waterproof sheetrocked walls
and ceiling, each 8' x 8' tile cost me $16. I bought them at http://cancos.com,
they have gorgeous showroomS and sell only top shelf. I seriously
doubt you can buy just the materials for the average
sized mediocre terlit for $25k today. Just decent quality towel bars
and
TP holder can cost $200... that's what I paid recently at Lowes and
installed them myself.. two stinkin' brushed nickel towel bars and a
TP holder, and you can easily pay 4 times that price and more for
designer stuff... one teensy chrome and glass guest towel shelf can
cost $400, and more... didja know a quality terlit seat runs like $75.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:16:54 GMT, Lou Decruss > wrote:

>Two shower heads,
>those silly side jets, and seating benches. I guess the benches are
>good for sitting down and scrubbing your feet.

Ask a woman how silly a side bench is. It's a great place to put your
foot when you shave your legs. Older people do need them, so they
really are not silly at all.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:16:08 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

> And bamboo laminate is NOT
>ecol friendly at all, the bamboo portion is but not the plasticized
>binder and it's mostly plastic binder.

Maybe I missed a previous post, but where did he say bamboo
"laminate"? Maybe I should ask "why" bamboo laminate? A piece of
regular bamboo flooring (a scrap with unfinished edges) can be in
water for 3 days and it won't warp.