Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Arros de Valencia

I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.
http://i19.tinypic.com/4m02ddh.jpg

http://www.arrozdevalencia.org/

I bought it for making paella, but I couldn't wait to try it, so I
cooked some up tonight. I cooked it like I would any other rice. It
turned out delicious. It sticks together without being clumpy or
gooey. It has a nice chew to it.
http://i14.tinypic.com/2zfnyao.jpg

I cut the rest of the pork shoulder in half and cooked one portion
with some garlic and a few green chiles that I laid on top.

I took the juices from the roast and put them in a saucier. Then I
added a slurry of cornstarch and water and brought to a boil to
thicken the juices.
http://i18.tinypic.com/6b2m07c.jpg

Sliced up some of the pork and plated with the rice and juices.
http://i14.tinypic.com/62zyq28.jpg

I opened the bottle of St Clair's Cab-Zin from New Mexico and had a
fabulous dinner.
http://i18.tinypic.com/2ushr8k.jpg

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/6

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Sep, 13:41, koko wrote:
> I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.http://i19.tinypic.com/4m02ddh.jpg
>
> http://www.arrozdevalencia.org/
>
> I bought it for making paella, but I couldn't wait to try it, so I
> cooked some up tonight. I cooked it like I would any other rice. It
> turned out delicious. It sticks together without being clumpy or
> gooey. It has a nice chew to it.http://i14.tinypic.com/2zfnyao.jpg
>
> I cut the rest of the pork shoulder in half and cooked one portion
> with some garlic and a few green chiles that I laid on top.
>
> I took the juices from the roast and put them in a saucier. Then I
> added a slurry of cornstarch and water and brought to a boil to
> thicken the juices.http://i18.tinypic.com/6b2m07c.jpg
>
> Sliced up some of the pork and plated with the rice and juices.http://i14.tinypic.com/62zyq28.jpg
>
> I opened the bottle of St Clair's Cab-Zin from New Mexico and had a
> fabulous dinner.http://i18.tinypic.com/2ushr8k.jpg
>
> koko
> ---http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 9/6
>
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

Yum, that sounded and looked a delicious repast. Well done!

Cheers
Bronwyn
Qld, Australia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:41:22 -0700, koko wrote:

>I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.
>http://i19.tinypic.com/4m02ddh.jpg

This is the rice I used to make the "paella"...however as I realized
later on, this wasn't really paella. I forgot to add the saffron.

I have a little bit left of it...and I have to head up to Santa Fe
this week for my one year hip replacement checkup, so I might stop and
get some more. Good stuff.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:56:29 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:41:22 -0700, koko wrote:
>
>>I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.
>>http://i19.tinypic.com/4m02ddh.jpg

>This is the rice I used to make the "paella"...however as I realized
>later on, this wasn't really paella. I forgot to add the saffron.
>
>I have a little bit left of it...and I have to head up to Santa Fe
>this week for my one year hip replacement checkup, so I might stop and
>get some more. Good stuff.
>

>Christine

a spring chicken like you has a store-bought hip? i refuse to believe
it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:41:33 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:56:29 -0600, Christine Dabney

>>I have a little bit left of it...and I have to head up to Santa Fe
>>this week for my one year hip replacement checkup, so I might stop and
>>get some more. Good stuff.
>>

>>Christine

>a spring chicken like you has a store-bought hip? i refuse to believe
>it.
>
>your pal,
>blake

How about two store bought hips ? Yep, I do. I had my first hip
replacement on my right hip when I was 39 and kept having revisions
about every 3 years til March of 2000. That hip is doing okay now
(knock on wood!) and the other one got progressively more and more
arthritic til I could barely sleep more than 30 minutes without pain.
Had my first replacement on that last October...and it is doing great
now too!

Speaking of chickens, I roasted one last night in my favorite method,
the Marcella Hazan way. Roasted some cauliflower at the same time, so
now have a lovely roasted chicken to turn into Cobb salad, etc. I got
all the ingredients yesterday for Cobb salad: lovely tomatoes,
avocadoes, watercress, etc. Had blue cheese left over from the
cook-in.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:54:15 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:41:33 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:56:29 -0600, Christine Dabney

>>>I have a little bit left of it...and I have to head up to Santa Fe
>>>this week for my one year hip replacement checkup, so I might stop and
>>>get some more. Good stuff.
>>>

>>>Christine

>>a spring chicken like you has a store-bought hip? i refuse to believe
>>it.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

>How about two store bought hips ? Yep, I do. I had my first hip
>replacement on my right hip when I was 39 and kept having revisions
>about every 3 years til March of 2000. That hip is doing okay now
>(knock on wood!) and the other one got progressively more and more
>arthritic til I could barely sleep more than 30 minutes without pain.
>Had my first replacement on that last October...and it is doing great
>now too!

my mother, who is 87, needs to get a new hip, but she is convinced she
would die before she had recuperated. i don't know why - except for
the arthritis, she's in pretty good shape. stubborn lady.

hope yours continue to work out.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<koko> wrote in message ...
>I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.

> koko

Looks fab! That cab-zin is very nice supper wine, isn't it?
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:59:52 GMT, "The Joneses" >
wrote:

><koko> wrote in message ...
>>I bought some Arros de Valencia while I as in Santa Fe.

>> koko

>Looks fab! That cab-zin is very nice supper wine, isn't it?
>Edrena

Thanks Edrena. Yes, it is a very nice supper wine. I'll get your wine
thingy off to you next week. Got side tracked.
I hope I found the right address.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 9/16

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Valencia peanuts Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 2 27-10-2012 08:10 PM
Valencia orange. 55 Stefan[_2_] Baking 0 19-08-2009 01:26 PM
Valencia oranges:. max General Cooking 0 11-04-2009 11:01 AM
.,Valencia orange. werwiniskp General Cooking 1 20-03-2009 07:21 PM