FoodBanter.com

-   -   Using a PSP as a Recipe Book (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/134609-using-psp-recipe-book.html)

Harrison 10-09-2007 05:23 AM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

I have recently had a PSP come into my possesion and was wondering if
anybody has ever used a PSP as a Recipe holder? I am thinking of
scanning all my recipes and then converting them over to my PSP.
Please e-mail me at if you have any ideas,
alternate suggestions, or just comments. Let me know!

Thanks

Harrison

aem 10-09-2007 05:29 AM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

On Sep 9, 9:23 pm, Harrison > wrote:
> I have recently had a PSP come into my possesion and was wondering if
> anybody has ever used a PSP as a Recipe holder? I am thinking of
> scanning all my recipes and then converting them over to my PSP.
> Please e-mail me at if you have any ideas,
> alternate suggestions, or just comments. Let me know!

A PlayStation? What are you talking about? -aem

Harrison 10-09-2007 05:42 AM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

> A PlayStation? What are you talking about? -aem

One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
recordings side by side.

Zippy P[_2_] 10-09-2007 05:45 AM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

"Harrison" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> > A PlayStation? What are you talking about? -aem

> One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
> keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
> has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
> recordings side by side.

Um yeah you let us know how that goes.

Zilbandy[_1_] 10-09-2007 12:13 PM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:42:35 -0000, Harrison >
wrote:

>One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
>keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
>has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
>recordings side by side.

Hmmm... PSP and jpg. Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro? Maybe you
should look into joining the AAAAA. Just in case you don't know AAAAA,
in my usage, means American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

--
Zilbandy

Andy[_2_] 10-09-2007 12:28 PM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

Zilbandy said...

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:42:35 -0000, Harrison >
> wrote:
>
>>One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
>>keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
>>has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
>>recordings side by side.

> Hmmm... PSP and jpg. Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro? Maybe you
> should look into joining the AAAAA. Just in case you don't know AAAAA,
> in my usage, means American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

Zilbandy,

It's the Play-Station-Personal, that pocket gizmo from Sony.

Quite easy to have recipes on it in that .jpg format and probably a good
application for it. Does wi-fi, text messaging, e-mail, plays java applets,
games, movies, pictures, music, etc.

I don't own one but it's quite a nice device. Except for it's size, if it
had touchscreen and cell-phoneability it would put the iPhone to shame,
imho.

My brother is goo-goo, gaa-gaa over his. A while back he verbally fought
with me to buy one.

The cost to "play" with one with all the missing essentials today, is
probably $300 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Andy

blake murphy 10-09-2007 08:24 PM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:13:55 -0700, Zilbandy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:42:35 -0000, Harrison >
>wrote:
>
>>One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
>>keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
>>has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
>>recordings side by side.

>Hmmm... PSP and jpg. Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro? Maybe you
>should look into joining the AAAAA. Just in case you don't know AAAAA,
>in my usage, means American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

i prefer SEA, the society for the elimination of acronyms. (i saw
this in an acronym dictionary, a dead-tree publication of yore.)

your pal,
blake

Stan Horwitz[_2_] 11-09-2007 03:35 AM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

In article om>,
Harrison > wrote:

> I have recently had a PSP come into my possesion and was wondering if
> anybody has ever used a PSP as a Recipe holder? I am thinking of
> scanning all my recipes and then converting them over to my PSP.
> Please e-mail me at if you have any ideas,
> alternate suggestions, or just comments. Let me know!

Use a Palm Pilot instead and let the PSP be for what its best at; games.

Little Malice 11-09-2007 09:13 PM

Using a PSP as a Recipe Book

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
> Zilbandy said...
> > On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:42:35 -0000, Harrison >
> > wrote:

> >>One can use a PSP to dowload .jpg files that have been scanned and
> >>keep them on a PSP. Also if you have a DVR that records TV shows and
> >>has a USB port attachment you can put your recipes and video
> >>recordings side by side.

> > Hmmm... PSP and jpg. Are you talking about Paint Shop Pro? Maybe you
> > should look into joining the AAAAA. Just in case you don't know AAAAA,
> > in my usage, means American Association Against Acronym Abuse.

> It's the Play-Station-Personal, that pocket gizmo from Sony.
>
> Quite easy to have recipes on it in that .jpg format and probably a good
> application for it. Does wi-fi, text messaging, e-mail, plays java applets,
> games, movies, pictures, music, etc.
>
> I don't own one but it's quite a nice device. Except for it's size, if it
> had touchscreen and cell-phoneability it would put the iPhone to shame,
> imho.
>
> My brother is goo-goo, gaa-gaa over his. A while back he verbally fought
> with me to buy one.
>
> The cost to "play" with one with all the missing essentials today, is
> probably $300 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Nope, they're going for $169 now. I got one for Mother's Day. I
love it! Great for storing photos, music, etc. plus I'm currently
playing "Lemmings", which is kind of weird without a mouse. I never
thought to put recipes on it, but that might be more trouble than
it's worth. Then again, my computer desk is only 10 feet from the
kitchen, so I can put my recipe file on screen and hop back and
forth. I can use the exercise... ;-)

--
Jani in WA