FoodBanter.com

-   -   Nice article - (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/134557-nice-article.html)

Dee Dee 09-09-2007 08:27 PM

Nice article -

http://www.ladybugletter.com/?p=25

"My mother feels that I’m too hard on my children, so when they visit her
she likes to spoil them.

“Would you like a piece of chocolate?” she asked Lena one evening.

Lena was watching Loony Toons. “Is it Sharffenberger?” she asked over her
shoulder.

I got a phone call about that. But what could I say? I’m a farmer. Many of
my friends are farmers, or they have restaurants, or they take cooking
seriously, or they have beautiful gardens. For better or worse, My wife and
I are surrounded by great food. By the time Lena was seven she was
personally acquainted with three chocolate makers."

Panther 09-09-2007 09:34 PM

Nice article -

I worked as a farmhand this summer. Often at the end of a hard day's
work, my "boss" would give me a bag full of ripe, large zucchinis from
the garden. I usually bit in to them on the car ride home, unable to
wait until supper.

Most of the time, after a bite, I began to gag because they tasted
absolutely foul. A lot of cross-breeding often took place between
zucchinis and the cucumbers, and whether this was because of the
stupid gardener's incompetence or sheer bad luck remains a mystery.

The point? Often "farm fresh" is a synonym for "awful," and next time
you see a plastic sack of rotten tomatoes at Kroger's you might want
to thank your lucky stars that you have any food at all.