Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Candles are a great way to relax

As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those
who are selling. I really didn't really expect to see so much
information regarding this topic. Personally every room in my house is
full of candles, they are a great way to set a mood or sometimes I
just light them all up and relax in the calming tranquility. I have
enjoyed reading your post and will return when I have more time to
check out the rest of your threads.

Rosalynn Muhammad
Candles of Eden
http://www.candlesofeden.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 5:04 pm, wrote:
> As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
> there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those
> who are selling. I really didn't really expect to see so much
> information regarding this topic. Personally every room in my house is
> full of candles, they are a great way to set a mood or sometimes I
> just light them all up and relax in the calming tranquility. I have
> enjoyed reading your post and will return when I have more time to
> check out the rest of your threads.

> Rosalynn Muhammad
> Candles of Edenhttp://www.candlesofeden.com

The next time you get aggravated by spammers, why not call her to
complain. Here's her candle company's number:

Customer Care Mon-Fri 9am-6pm 1-800-709-2836

Why not call her and tell her how much you love SPAM?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:49:02 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® >
wrote:

>On Sep 7, 5:04 pm, wrote:
>> As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
>> there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those
>> who are selling. I really didn't really expect to see so much
>> information regarding this topic. Personally every room in my house is
>> full of candles, they are a great way to set a mood or sometimes I
>> just light them all up and relax in the calming tranquility. I have
>> enjoyed reading your post and will return when I have more time to
>> check out the rest of your threads.

>> Rosalynn Muhammad
>> Candles of Edenhttp://www.candlesofeden.com

>The next time you get aggravated by spammers, why not call her to
>complain. Here's her candle company's number:
>
>Customer Care Mon-Fri 9am-6pm 1-800-709-2836
>
>Why not call her and tell her how much you love SPAM?
>
>--Bryan

Yeah, I know this is spam and I do think I'll call that 800 number
about 500 times this weekend.

On the other hand, the last time someone lit a candle in my house, I
had a house fire. I was not relaxed whatsoever, in fact I was frantic
as my home burned. a fourth of the house was severely damaged, the
rest was all smoked. No one is ever allowed to light a candle in my
house. Candles are not even allowed in the house except the ones on
birthday cakes and they go into a pail of water after the cake is
blown out. Now that I said "cake" at least this post is on topic.
Unlike the spammer who violated the newsgroup. Come to think of it, I
might put my phone on autodial and call that 800 number about 2000
times over the weekend. Those 800 calls are costly to the owner, and
since this is a spammer, I hope they pay and pay and pay.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:55:48 -0700, Mark Thorson >

>> As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
>> there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those

>Candles pollute the air with carcinogens.
>The yellow color of the flame indicates
>incomplete combustion. Hold a plate above
>a candle flame, and see all the black crap
>they are spewing into your environment.
>You want to breathe that?

That would be ok by me. I've been breathing smoky air from a wild
fire in another county all week. My eyes are killing me and the sun
was a brilliant orange yesterday morning due to the haze.
http://www.inciweb.org/incident/978

Plumas National Forest looks close on a map, but it's really 3 - 4
hours away by car.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/plumas/maps_...es/#forestmaps

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 9:31 pm, wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:49:02 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® >
> wrote:
>

> >On Sep 7, 5:04 pm, wrote:
> >> As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
> >> there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those
> >> who are selling. I really didn't really expect to see so much
> >> information regarding this topic. Personally every room in my house is
> >> full of candles, they are a great way to set a mood or sometimes I
> >> just light them all up and relax in the calming tranquility. I have
> >> enjoyed reading your post and will return when I have more time to
> >> check out the rest of your threads.

> >> -----------------------------------------------------
> >> Rosalynn Muhammad
> >> Candles of Edenhttp://www.candlesofeden.com

> >The next time you get aggravated by spammers, why not call her to
> >complain. Here's her candle company's number:

> >Customer Care Mon-Fri 9am-6pm 1-800-709-2836

> >Why not call her and tell her how much you love SPAM?

> >--Bryan

> Yeah, I know this is spam and I do think I'll call that 800 number
> about 500 times this weekend.
>
> On the other hand, the last time someone lit a candle in my house, I
> had a house fire. I was not relaxed whatsoever, in fact I was frantic
> as my home burned. a fourth of the house was severely damaged, the
> rest was all smoked. No one is ever allowed to light a candle in my
> house. Candles are not even allowed in the house except the ones on
> birthday cakes and they go into a pail of water after the cake is
> blown out. Now that I said "cake" at least this post is on topic.
> Unlike the spammer who violated the newsgroup. Come to think of it, I
> might put my phone on autodial and call that 800 number about 2000
> times over the weekend. Those 800 calls are costly to the owner, and
> since this is a spammer, I hope they pay and pay and pay.....

I love you.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:33:17 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>I set up key word filters. That gets most of it. :-)

That's you and me for two that she won't be reading anymore. I'm not
going to change my return address just because others can't or won't
filter by key words. In my news reader, filtering by author or
subject is just a right click away. Key word filtering has a
different path, but it's just as easy to do.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 9, 9:52 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> I'm going to have to block that damn gmail domain again. All this
> >> freakin' SPAM seems to come from them (and hotmail, but mostly
> >> gmail).

> > Good.

> Sorry, Om. I know you use it and I know you're not a spammer, but sheesh!
> I am tired of deleting all this SPAM. Hotmail, too.

There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
ago, all the NGs were much worse.
Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
phone on autodial...

> Jill

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:33:17 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
> >
> >I set up key word filters. That gets most of it. :-)

> That's you and me for two that she won't be reading anymore. I'm not
> going to change my return address just because others can't or won't
> filter by key words. In my news reader, filtering by author or
> subject is just a right click away. Key word filtering has a
> different path, but it's just as easy to do.

Keyword filtering has been wonderful so far.

I did add another _ underscore to the g_mail to help, but only because
she is not the only one to do this. :-(

She has been a serious bitch lately, but I still like her. Her life is
not an easy one so I cut her some slack. :-)

I'm not always "nice" either depending on circumstances, but I probably
try a little harder... I dislike taking my moods out on my fellow
humans. It seems to be a bit petty to me.

YMMV and all that. <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Bobo Bonobo(R) > wrote:

> > Sorry, Om. I know you use it and I know you're not a spammer, but sheesh!
> > I am tired of deleting all this SPAM. Hotmail, too.

> There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
> ago, all the NGs were much worse.
> Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
> phone on autodial...
> >
> > Jill

> --Bryan

I'd say spam here is less than 10%.

As for the phone, I have an answering machine that I will use to screen
calls, and the peeps that matter know that.

The ones I'm really interested in talking to get my cell number, now
that I finally have one. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:33:17 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>>
>> I set up key word filters. That gets most of it. :-)

> That's you and me for two that she won't be reading anymore. I'm not
> going to change my return address just because others can't or won't
> filter by key words. In my news reader, filtering by author or
> subject is just a right click away. Key word filtering has a
> different path, but it's just as easy to do.

I can filter by both but all the authors and keywords for the mass of SPAM
are different. I was just deleting the posts but every day seems like there
are 10 more morons to take their place.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:35:46 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:33:17 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I set up key word filters. That gets most of it. :-)

>> That's you and me for two that she won't be reading anymore. I'm not
>> going to change my return address just because others can't or won't
>> filter by key words. In my news reader, filtering by author or
>> subject is just a right click away. Key word filtering has a
>> different path, but it's just as easy to do.

>I can filter by both but all the authors and keywords for the mass of SPAM
>are different. I was just deleting the posts but every day seems like there
>are 10 more morons to take their place.

It's pretty calm here in my part of usenet.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:35:46 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
> >sf wrote:

> >> That's you and me for two that she won't be reading anymore. I'm not
> >> going to change my return address just because others can't or won't
> >> filter by key words. In my news reader, filtering by author or
> >> subject is just a right click away. Key word filtering has a
> >> different path, but it's just as easy to do.

> >I can filter by both but all the authors and keywords for the mass of SPAM
> >are different. I was just deleting the posts but every day seems like there
> >are 10 more morons to take their place.
> >

> It's pretty calm here in my part of usenet.

Same here. I think Giganews has good filters.

I'd blame it on her provider.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 18:11:44 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:35:46 -0500, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>> It's pretty calm here in my part of usenet.

>Same here. I think Giganews has good filters.
>
>I'd blame it on her provider.

Oh, ok.... I get it now.

TY

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
> ago, all the NGs were much worse.
> Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
> phone on autodial...
>> Jill

> --Bryan

So far, I only see a couple of spams per day. Maybe I am not getting all
of them. Considering the number of messages posted here, I have no
complaints.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 16:59:00 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article . com>,
> Bobo Bonobo(R) > wrote:
>
>> > Sorry, Om. I know you use it and I know you're not a spammer, but sheesh!
>> > I am tired of deleting all this SPAM. Hotmail, too.

>> There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
>> ago, all the NGs were much worse.
>> Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
>> phone on autodial...
>> >
>> > Jill

>> --Bryan

>I'd say spam here is less than 10%.

your isp or usenet provider must be doing some filtering for you,
then. my newsreader filters (which are not all that fine - i don't
exclude entire classes of addresses like gmail) usually dumps
two-thirds to three-quarters of the raw posts. (i do exclude any post
cross-posted to more than two or maybe three groups. that helps a
lot.)

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 16:59:00 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:

> >> There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
> >> ago, all the NGs were much worse.
> >> Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
> >> phone on autodial...

> >> --Bryan

> >I'd say spam here is less than 10%.
> >

> your isp or usenet provider must be doing some filtering for you,
> then. my newsreader filters (which are not all that fine - i don't
> exclude entire classes of addresses like gmail) usually dumps
> two-thirds to three-quarters of the raw posts. (i do exclude any post
> cross-posted to more than two or maybe three groups. that helps a
> lot.)
>
> your pal,
> blake

I use Giganews. I see VERY little spam here.
Costs me $12.00 per month and well worth it imho.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
>> There's just not very much spam. There just isn't. Several years
>> ago, all the NGs were much worse.
>> Imagine how cool it'd be if the person who said (s)he might put the
>> phone on autodial...
>>> Jill

>> --Bryan

> So far, I only see a couple of spams per day. Maybe I am not getting
> all of them. Considering the number of messages posted here, I have
> no complaints.
>
> Becca

Becca, the post you replied to confuses me. Bobo whatever seemed to
indicate *I* would put my phone on autodial, as if I could. He/she/it
snipped my reply to this post but made that statement and included MY name
at the end of the post. Just so we're clear I never said that. In another
thread I said my local newspaper has an auto-dialer that was calling me.

Life is much more peaceful for me since I k/f'd the gmail domain

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 6:55 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > As I am searching through the google groups it is interesting that
> > there are so many post on candles and some great discounts for those

> Candles pollute the air with carcinogens.
> The yellow color of the flame indicates
> incomplete combustion. Hold a plate above
> a candle flame, and see all the black crap
> they are spewing into your environment.
> You want to breathe that?

I'd be interested in seeing how black her walls, drapes, furniture,
and ceilings are. Burning candles makes everything dingy and gray
after a very short while.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I use Giganews. I see VERY little spam here.
> Costs me $12.00 per month and well worth it imho.

Postini does a great job of getting rid of spam and viruses. I pay my
ISP $3 each month for Postini, well I pay it once a year, but that is
the charge monthly. That could be why I do not see very much spam. I
do see people responding to the spam, though.

Becca