Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default London Broil - What do I do?

I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).

For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
it? Do I need to freeze?

What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
if anything?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"joelpk" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
> I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).
>
> For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
> it? Do I need to freeze?
>
> What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
> if anything?

Keep the half you intend to cook on Saturday in the coldest part of the
fridge. What was in the marinade? If it's something acidic, like lemon
juice, I'd drain the marinade and wrap the meat tightly, because the meat
could get mushy if marinated that long.

I'd hesitate to freeze uncooked marinated meat. I'd grill or broil the whole
thing, medium, and use the extra meat in sandwiches, salads, stir-frys,
hash, or otherwise throughout the week.
That's a lot of beef to stomach, but at least it will taste good and not go
to waste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dejablues wrote:

> "joelpk" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
>>I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
>>I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).
>>
>>For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
>>it? Do I need to freeze?
>>
>>What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
>>if anything?

> Keep the half you intend to cook on Saturday in the coldest part of the
> fridge. What was in the marinade? If it's something acidic, like lemon
> juice, I'd drain the marinade and wrap the meat tightly, because the meat
> could get mushy if marinated that long.
>
> I'd hesitate to freeze uncooked marinated meat. I'd grill or broil the whole
> thing, medium, and use the extra meat in sandwiches, salads, stir-frys,
> hash, or otherwise throughout the week.
> That's a lot of beef to stomach, but at least it will taste good and not go
> to waste.

Cut it into thin strips, lay it out on rack set on top of a jelly roll
pan and use your oven's lowest setting or pilot light to make jerky out
of it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

joelpk wrote:
> I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
> I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).

First of all, unless they had a damn good reason for not showing up, don't
invite them again!

> For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
> it? Do I need to freeze?

As was already pointed out, go ahead and cook it. Then use it however you
wish.

Jill
> What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
> if anything?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 6, 9:57 pm, joelpk > wrote:
> I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
> I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).
>
> For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
> it? Do I need to freeze?
>
> What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
> if anything?

I would recommend turning it into a delicious summer sausage, good for
Fall picnics and the like. London Broil loses a lot of its "oomph"
when its frozen, so much so that the last time I fed my husband 3 wk
old frozen London Broil, he spit it out.
Below is my recipe/instructions for "London Broil turned Summer
Sausage"

Take 3 strips of broil and chop finely.
Rub down pieces with flour, and stick pieces together.
Bake in oven, 450, for one hour.
Remove and enjoy!
(also add cayenne or paprika to taste)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"joelpk" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I marinated 4 lbs of beef for London Broil. My guests did not show up.
> I may use half of it on Sat night (48 hours from now).
>
> For Sat, can I keep in refrig? Shall I try to drain the marinade from
> it? Do I need to freeze?
>
> What about the other half - can I freeze it, if so , what should I do,
> if anything?

Stir fry,