FoodBanter.com

-   -   CONVECTION VS CONVENTIONAL OVENS (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/134162-convection-vs-conventional-ovens.html)

gilagirl 04-09-2007 10:11 AM

CONVECTION VS CONVENTIONAL OVENS

Hi all...I lurk here all the time and know many of you are very
accmplished cooks. Could you please tell me your views on these 2 types
of ovens. Which do you prefer to cook with and why. TY

Gila

gilagirl 05-09-2007 09:34 AM

CONVECTION VS CONVENTIONAL OVENS

Could some one please discuss this for me? Im in need of a new oven and
sure could use some advice. TY

Gila

hahabogus 05-09-2007 02:10 PM

CONVECTION VS CONVENTIONAL OVENS

(gilagirl) wrote in news:4856-46DE6A16-463@storefull-
3157.bay.webtv.net:

> Could some one please discuss this for me? Im in need of a new oven and
> sure could use some advice. TY
>
> Gila

I find my convection oven is a good thing, but differs from a
conventional oven. Convection cooks faster and more even..Think the
burning winds from hell. Cooking methods differ from the conventional
oven as you cook meats higher in a pan to expose them to the air flow.
This way Roast chicken the skins are more crisp, roasted meats cook
faster and pastry and pies turn out quicker...But there is a learnig
curve as it is different from conventional. Your oven's manual should
have a written description of things you should do...such as reducing
times and temperatures. But overall they are a good thing.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore