FoodBanter.com

-   -   "White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/134047-white-heat-marco-pierre.html)

Daniel Kwio 03-09-2007 01:19 AM

"White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book?

I cannot afford the $150-$450 prices I see on ebay. I was wondering if
anyone
out there actually owned a copy. If so, is it possible to scan/photograph
the pages?
I'm most interested in reading the part about MPW, as well as sauce recipes.
I don't
ever think I'll be making pig trotters, but I hear that the book contains
his sauces that
were world famous.

Just posing the question out there. I've looked in all of the libraries in
Chicagoland, but
to no avail.

Thanks!
Dan

Daniel Kwio 03-09-2007 04:19 PM

"White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book?

You, my friend, are a GOD!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Daniel Kwio 03-09-2007 04:19 PM

"White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book?

Darn, unfortunately, all of them are out-of-stock or unable to order.

I'm afraid it's back to the hunt...

blake murphy 03-09-2007 05:48 PM

"White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book?

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 19:19:03 -0500, "Daniel Kwio"
> wrote:

>I cannot afford the $150-$450 prices I see on ebay. I was wondering if
>anyone
>out there actually owned a copy. If so, is it possible to scan/photograph
>the pages?
>I'm most interested in reading the part about MPW, as well as sauce recipes.
>I don't
>ever think I'll be making pig trotters, but I hear that the book contains
>his sauces that
>were world famous.
>
>Just posing the question out there. I've looked in all of the libraries in
>Chicagoland, but
>to no avail.
>
>Thanks!
>Dan

not specific to the book, but you might check to see if any of the
libraries participate in an inter-library loan program. the program
is pretty common, and if any participating library has the book, the
library local to you can get the book for you.

your pal,
blake

Daniel Kwio 03-09-2007 05:58 PM

"White Heat" by Marco Pierre White - Does anyone own this book?

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I've checked the Chicagoland system and the
suburban system. Luckily, both systems are very nice and easily searchable
(I've done this for other cookbooks and such). However, neither system had
the book. Unfortunately, it was pretty much a limited printing, and I
actually don't know if it ever was available in the states, or, if so, *how*
long it was available.

Given the online used bookstore prices as well, I'm looking at either
getting reeaaaallllyy lucky at a garage sale, or forking out the dough. No
pun intended. :)

THANK you to everyone in this group. I've been to many other newsgroups and
yahoo groups where you need to be part of the 'inner circle'. Everyone here
has been quite friendly. Thank you!

Dan

Victor Sack[_1_] 03-09-2007 10:55 PM

Daniel Kwio > wrote:

> Darn, unfortunately, all of them are out-of-stock or unable to order.

The book will be republished in England shortly and already can be
pre-ordered. The price is £8.99 on amazon.co.uk; postage (airmail)
will cost you about £7 or so. The total of about £16 is approximately
US$32 at the current rate of exchange. See
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Heat-Marco-Pierre/dp/1845334108/ref=pd_bowtega_2/202-0390483-9668622?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188846942&sr=1-2>.

Victor