Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rice syrups

Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?

We have tried to stay clear of any highly processed or artificial
ingredients in our products. The organic brown rice syrup seems to
fit the bill nicely, plus has a nice taste. However, I would love to
add some links to articles discussing the health benefits.

Any articles you could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

F. Orbeo
French kiss desserts, LLC
http://www.frenchkissdesserts.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Forbeo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
> I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
> have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
> for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
> if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?

Sugar is sugar, you twit.

> We have tried to stay clear of any highly processed or artificial
> ingredients in our products.

We will try and stay clear of your products.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
Forbeo > wrote:

> Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
> I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
> have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
> for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
> if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?
>
> We have tried to stay clear of any highly processed or artificial
> ingredients in our products.

Rice syrup sounds highly processed and artificial to me.

Miche

--
In the monastery office --
Before enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper
Posted to rec.food.cooking

: "Forbeo" > wrote in message
: oups.com...
: > Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
: > I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
: > have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
: > for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
: > if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?

: Sugar is sugar, you twit.

There are many kinds of sugar, you twit.
Fructose, Glucose, Dextrose, Sucrose to name a few. Some are sweeter than
others, some are more readily fermentable and/or digestible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>: "Forbeo" > wrote in message
> : oups.com...
> : > Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
> : > I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
> : > have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
> : > for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
> : > if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?
>
> : Sugar is sugar, you twit.
>
> There are many kinds of sugar, you twit.
> Fructose, Glucose, Dextrose, Sucrose to name a few. Some are sweeter than
> others, some are more readily fermentable and/or digestible.

Your body doesn't care. Sugar is sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >: "Forbeo" > wrote in message
> > : oups.com...
> > : > Anyone have information on the health benefits of organic rice syrup?
> > : > I have read a few studies that disparage high fructose corn syrup, so
> > : > have steered clear of that. However, in trying to find an alternative
> > : > for recipes I came across rice syrups. Anyone have any information on
> > : > if these are as risky? Or can the body digest these better?
> >
> > : Sugar is sugar, you twit.
> >
> > There are many kinds of sugar, you twit.
> > Fructose, Glucose, Dextrose, Sucrose to name a few. Some are sweeter than
> > others, some are more readily fermentable and/or digestible.

> Your body doesn't care. Sugar is sugar.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with JSB the twit, for once. :-P

They all end up being metabolized in a similar fashion.
From the research I've done, it appears that Fructose is just as bad, if
not worse, than Sucrose (table sugar) at contributing to metabolic
syndrome and insulin resistance.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Simple and Flavored Syrups - Observations Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 8 15-06-2012 12:28 PM
glycemic index of syrups? Kent Diabetic 7 14-04-2007 02:07 AM
Syrups Jarkat2002 General Cooking 2 09-12-2004 09:18 PM
Wine from Syrups Darren George Winemaking 16 30-10-2004 12:40 AM
Keeping simple syrups Nexis General Cooking 4 03-07-2004 08:47 AM