FoodBanter.com

-   -   Can I steam a pudding in a steam cooker? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/133601-can-i-steam-pudding.html)

Charles Self 28-08-2007 06:15 PM

Can I steam a pudding in a steam cooker?

I would like to make a plum duff. Is a steam pressure cooking pot
suitable for steaming it?
If not, any tips on how I can steam it with the least amount of
effort?
Thanks.
(Note: I've posted this already some minutes ago but it was
mysteriously deleted from Google Groups -- sorry if this turns out to
be a double posting).

zxcvbob 28-08-2007 06:22 PM

Charles Self wrote:
> I would like to make a plum duff. Is a steam pressure cooking pot
> suitable for steaming it?
> If not, any tips on how I can steam it with the least amount of
> effort?
> Thanks.
> (Note: I've posted this already some minutes ago but it was
> mysteriously deleted from Google Groups -- sorry if this turns out to
> be a double posting).

I've used a steam pressure canner to bake a cheesecake before. It
worked just fine. Tends to get a little water on top from condensation
unless you seal the pan good with aluminum foil.

Bob

Charles Self 28-08-2007 09:16 PM

On 28 Aug., 19:22, zxcvbob > wrote:
> I've used a steam pressure canner to bake a cheesecake before. It
> worked just fine.

You're way ahead of me. ;-)

Charles Self 28-08-2007 09:19 PM

On 28 Aug., 20:52, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> I had never heard of duff until I saw it in the grocery store
> this morning. I thought it was a typo until now.

Duff = dough
What you experienced is called a Jungian Synchronicity in the trade,
BTW. Or simply selective reception.

Charles Self 28-08-2007 09:21 PM

On 28 Aug., 22:19, Charles Self > wrote:
> BTW. Or simply selective reception.

Sorry, ***perception***.