Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hurricane near Cancun

Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
"It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
> something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
> asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
> "It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."
>
> --Bryan

Cute. ;-)

Hurricanes are not off topic anyway.
Hurricane food and beverage prep are often a hot topic this time of year.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:39:04 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
> > Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
> > something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
> > asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
> > "It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."

> Did you hear about the big tanker full of mayonnaise coming out
> of Mexico that sank on May 5th?
>
> -sw

That's what Cinko De Mayo is all about...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 11:07 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve Wertz > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:39:04 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> > > Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
> > > something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
> > > asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
> > > "It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."

> > Did you hear about the big tanker full of mayonnaise coming out
> > of Mexico that sank on May 5th?

> > -sw

> That's what Cinko De Mayo is all about...

Here in the Ozarks, coon's vittles. Even better'n possum.

> --
> Peace, Om

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:
>In article .com>,
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
>> Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
>> something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
>> asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
>> "It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."

>Hurricanes are not off topic anyway.
>Hurricane food and beverage prep are often a hot topic this time of year.

2 oz light rum
2 oz dark rum
2 oz passionfruit juice
1 oz orange juice
1 tbs simple syrup
1 tbs grenadine
juice of 1/2 lime
orange slice and cherry for garnish

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Aug 21, 11:07 am, Omelet > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Steve Wertz > wrote:

>>>Did you hear about the big tanker full of mayonnaise coming out
>>>of Mexico that sank on May 5th?

>>>-sw

>>That's what Cinko De Mayo is all about...

> Here in the Ozarks, coon's vittles. Even better'n possum.

I've tried raccoon. Even marinated, braised and spiced it wasn't
anything I'd go out of my way to eat unless maybe I had kwashiorkor.

Nevertheless, just about anything would probably be better than possum.
A gal I knew grew up in the Ozarks. Meat wasn't on the table every
day and what there was was usually shot or trapped locally. She and her
sibs grew up knowing what body hunger felt like - hunger that goes
beyond the belly. And even so she'd pass on possum unless somebody
caught one live and they could pen it up and feed it clean food for a
week or so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 21, 10:56 pm, Kathleen > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > On Aug 21, 11:07 am, Omelet > wrote:

> >>That's what Cinko De Mayo is all about...

> > Here in the Ozarks, coon's vittles. Even better'n possum.

> I've tried raccoon. Even marinated, braised and spiced it wasn't
> anything I'd go out of my way to eat unless maybe I had kwashiorkor.
>
> Nevertheless, just about anything would probably be better than possum.
> A gal I knew grew up in the Ozarks. Meat wasn't on the table every
> day and what there was was usually shot or trapped locally. She and her
> sibs grew up knowing what body hunger felt like - hunger that goes
> beyond the belly. And even so she'd pass on possum unless somebody
> caught one live and they could pen it up and feed it clean food for a
> week or so.

I wouldn't really eat coon or possum, and I agree that "just about
anything would probably be better than possum." Those things are so
incredibly nasty. They stink almost as badly as the stuff they eat.
I was just making a (perhaps) not so funny joke about my Ozark roots.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:
> >In article .com>,
> > Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> >
> >> Not totally off topic. Whenever I hear, "Cancun," it reminds me of
> >> something I told my nephew a few years ago. I told him that if anyone
> >> asks him when he gets back, "How was Cancun?" that he should reply,
> >> "It's not quite as good as fresh coon, but I enjoyed it."

> >Hurricanes are not off topic anyway.
> >Hurricane food and beverage prep are often a hot topic this time of year.

> 2 oz light rum
> 2 oz dark rum
> 2 oz passionfruit juice
> 1 oz orange juice
> 1 tbs simple syrup
> 1 tbs grenadine
> juice of 1/2 lime
> orange slice and cherry for garnish
>
> --Blair

Sounds tasty, but a bit too sweet.

I'm more of a Margarita kinda gal.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Hurricane Katrina hubert liverman General Cooking 3 30-08-2005 05:42 PM
Cancun dining? Lori Lee Restaurants 1 17-03-2004 11:12 PM
Cancun dining? Lori Lee Mexican Cooking 1 13-03-2004 10:47 PM