Old 20-08-2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The dreaded supermarket shuffle

I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

Old 20-08-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 4:21 pm, "Nancy Young" wrote:
I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

I suspect they do that periodically in order to up the amount of money
spent on impulse buys. You don't know where your favorite things are,
so you have to go up and down every aisle.

N.

Old 20-08-2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" wrote

On Aug 20, 4:21 pm, "Nancy Young" wrote:

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

I suspect they do that periodically in order to up the amount of money
spent on impulse buys. You don't know where your favorite things are,
so you have to go up and down every aisle.

I'm sure marketing has told them this will result in higher profits.
I will be annoyed if they start having rows running in two directions,
I really hate that. As things stood today, they put a shelf across
the back of the store, along the meat cases. I just hope it's there
temporarily.

nancy

Old 20-08-2007, 10:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
. ..
I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

Every market in my area has decided that canned tomato sauce and canned
chopped tomatos belong 5 aisles apart.

Enjoy.

Old 20-08-2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

It always ticks me off when they pull that crap!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 21-08-2007, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

When this happens in my fav store, I always get a kick out of walking up to
the manager to sweetly ask for a map of the store layout. I love the
puzzled expression on his/her face as well as the mad scrambling from
counter to counter. The best part is to be in another part of the store
when the manager comes back with the answer. I admit it. I never grew up.
--
"Hope everyone is happy in your head - we're all doin' pretty good in mine."
--Unknown

Old 21-08-2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

They always seem to do that reorganization thing the minute I've figured out
where everything is. It's very annoying.

Jill

Old 21-08-2007, 01:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Armies of people putting items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

Re-setting the store. Ugh. At least there'll likely be a map when
they're done.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - Fair baking
Old 21-08-2007, 02:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

I'd noticed some changes the other day when I was in there.
Now it's flat out pandemonium. Stuff is off the shelves. Some
rows of shelves are missing entirely. Armies of people putting
items in new places.

It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

nancy

Grrrr... I hate it when they do that. I always complain to the store
manager, as if he has not already heard everyone else b*tching about it.
They say it improves sales.

Glad your weather has cooled off. Ours has too, it is in the 90's this
week, last week it was 103-105 all week.

Becca

Old 21-08-2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 7:13 pm, "Snickers" wrote:
When this happens in my fav store, I always get a kick out of walking up to
the manager to sweetly ask for a map of the store layout. I love the
puzzled expression on his/her face as well as the mad scrambling from
counter to counter. The best part is to be in another part of the store
when the manager comes back with the answer. I admit it. I never grew up.

I just keep asking them where whatever is. After a while,they see me
coming and run for the hillsg. I get enough exercise at work
(jumping to conclusions, etc.) that I don't need it at the grocery
store.

maxine in ri

Old 21-08-2007, 09:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
I went to the store today to pick up ingredients for meatloaf.
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes weather here, believe it or not,
in the middle of August.

The same here, less than 21C outside, yesterday around 8PM. Today it's
going to be even cooler. LOL, I'll have to bring along a jacket.
If nothing goes wrong, this evening I'm going straigth home from the office
to fix some sausage and rib stew: guess what for? Polenta. A good old dish
of steamin' polenta with sausage and ribs stew. It should take about 2 hours
for the meat to fall off the bones. Herbs: bay leaf, few regano and much
marjoram, with some pepper to go in when I take it off the heat and before
bringing it to table.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Old 21-08-2007, 11:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Vilco" ha scritto nel messaggio

The same here, less than 21C outside, yesterday around 8PM. Today it's
going to be even cooler. LOL, I'll have to bring along a jacket.
If nothing goes wrong, this evening I'm going straigth home from the
office to fix some sausage and rib stew: guess what for? Polenta. A good
old dish of steamin' polenta with sausage and ribs stew. It should take
about 2 hours for the meat to fall off the bones. Herbs: bay leaf, few
regano and much marjoram, with some pepper to go in when I take it off the
heat and before bringing it to table.
--
Vilco

I ate polenta yesterday with brasato of beef ribs. It was the perfect food
for the weather.

Old 21-08-2007, 11:59 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

I ate polenta yesterday with brasato of beef ribs. It was the
perfect food for the weather.

LOL, so I'm not the only one
Are you still there in Umbria? The wine season is coming, be ready for
zounds of "Sagra del Vino" and the like, and the mushrooms, LOL, porcini all
around... I love Autumn.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Old 21-08-2007, 12:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

I ate polenta yesterday with brasato of beef ribs. It was the
perfect food for the weather.

LOL, so I'm not the only one
Are you still there in Umbria? The wine season is coming, be ready for
zounds of "Sagra del Vino" and the like, and the mushrooms, LOL, porcini
all around... I love Autumn.
--
Vilco

I do, too. The only thing wrong with autumn is that it is followed by
winter.

Old 21-08-2007, 12:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 4:21 pm, "Nancy Young" wrote:
It's going to take me ages to figure out the new layout. This
should be fun.

Fun? I dunno. It always happens at Krogers after an infestation of
suits visit the store. You can see it coming. Last time they did it,
they cut out all the aisle crossovers. Seems like I'm walking an extra
mile and having to traverse the panty liners and cat food when all I
need is a package of skivvies and some dog bisquits.