Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bobby Flay

How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe > wrote:
> >How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> >Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LarbGai" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe > wrote:
>> >How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
>> >Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

>> What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

> Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

Amazing. I've always wanted to chat with one of the judges, and here you
are! I'm so pleased to meet you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LarbGai" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 18, 12:02 pm, Abe > wrote:
>> >How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
>> >Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

>> What do you mean "the other chef is streets ahead" ?

> Usually the other chef's food is better than Flays.........

You have tasted both of their foods? You speak from knowledge?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:58:51 -0700, LarbGai wrote:
>
>> How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
>> Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> Flay lost his first Iron Chef to Morimoto, and won the second
> battle. But he's still a loser no matter what he does.
>
> If he's still appearing on Iron Chef, then I haven't seen it. Is
> there even still an Iron Chef America? I haven't turned on
> FoodTV in a couple years, but almost always had it on from
> 2000-2003.
>
> -sw

Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:08:38 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>If he's still appearing on Iron Chef, then I haven't seen it. Is
>there even still an Iron Chef America? I haven't turned on
>FoodTV in a couple years, but almost always had it on from
>2000-2003.
>
>-sw

Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
Ruhlman is a judge of this competition. And they have some good chefs
competing for this. I think this will be a great competition.

http://eater.com/archives/2007/07/food_nets_the_n.php

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

LarbGai trolled:

> How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":

Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)

In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario Batali
and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

Flay tied with:
the "Two Hot Tamales" (Battle Turkey)
Susur Lee (Battle Bacon)

So, troll, check your facts before trolling again.

Bob
*These were two especially memorable episodes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:06:21 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:25:26 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
>> Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
>> Ruhlman is a judge of this competition.

>Ruhlman? I bet Bourdain will have a thing or two to say
>about THAT!
>
>-sw

Yes he did, if I remember correctly. Check out his blog....and the
comments.

http://blog.ruhlman.com/ruhlmancom/2....html#comments

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:24:39 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

> Father/unclue/brother, maybe.
>
> On his early shows he was flapping that hand around like he
> didn't have any wrist muscles. And that lisp...
>
> Glad to see he may have gotten that fixed, at least publicly.
>
> -sw

Could be that his wife straightened out those tics?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:25:26 -0600, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Yes there is. And there is going to be a special series on Food
>> Network, starting in October, to pick a new Iron Chef. Michael
>> Ruhlman is a judge of this competition.

> Ruhlman? I bet Bourdain will have a thing or two to say
> about THAT!
>
> -sw

Ruhlman will probably consult with Bourdain.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> LarbGai trolled:
>
> > How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> > Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":
>
> Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
> Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
> Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
> Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
> José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
> Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)
>
> In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

Batali
> and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
all over the floor.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> Father/unclue/brother, maybe.
>
> On his early shows he was flapping that hand around like he
> didn't have any wrist muscles. And that lisp...

He's on his third wife. Present one is Stephanie March.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:03:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:24:39 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

> And that lisp...

Forget about Bobby Flay, he's ok.... that British kid (whatever his
name is/was) has the absoute worst lisp. It drove me nuts! I still
can't believe FoodTV let him go in front of the camera without giving
him speech therapy. He's a good cook and did interesting things, but
I couldn't stand to hear him talk.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> Jamie Oliver. I couldn't stand watching and listening to him
> talk. Apparently some chicks dig it. I think he's
> greasy-looking.
>
> -sw

yeah, he's not very good looking or sounding, but his passion for food
is infectious so he grew on me. And I admire his mission to improve
school food in the UK. Lord knows we need a little improvement on that
here in the US too...!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:39:42 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
> wrote:

>"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

>> In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

>Batali and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)
>>

>Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
>chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
>grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
>all over the floor.

I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
great job.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LarbGai" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

Must be his frightening demeanor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:30:46 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:22:40 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:03:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
>> > wrote:

>>> And that lisp...
>>>

>> Forget about Bobby Flay, he's ok.... that British kid (whatever his
>> name is/was) has the absoute worst lisp. It drove me nuts! I still
>> can't believe FoodTV let him go in front of the camera without giving
>> him speech therapy. He's a good cook and did interesting things, but
>> I couldn't stand to hear him talk.

>Jamie Oliver. I couldn't stand watching and listening to him
>talk. Apparently some chicks dig it. I think he's
>greasy-looking.

Thank you, YES - Jamie Oliver! I don't understand either what was
sexually appealing about him, but to each her own. Oh, WAIT! I get
it.... he's guy that cooks.

I don't know if you noticed, but I have. The tables have turned! Now
guy cooks, girls don't. Women of my generation put so much effort
into making their sons equal partners, they apparently forgot
cooking/cleaning wasn't an xx gene.

In any case, at least Jamie is a good cook - even though I can't stand
to hear him talk.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:22:40 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:03:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
>> > wrote:

> Jamie Oliver. I couldn't stand watching and listening to him
> talk. Apparently some chicks dig it. I think he's
> greasy-looking.
>
> -sw

And those friends of his - Yikes!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
> due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
> were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
> great job.

I noticed that RR did a lot of stirring. She has a good strong arm. Batali
kept her busy. He normally has a great sous-chef, and I don't recall if she
was there on that show or not -- Anne ...

Talk about a voice - I never listen to her anymore since she started
yelling, snorting, grunting, gargling, squeeking, screaming --

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "LarbGai" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
>> Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> Must be his frightening demeanor.

I suppose if people want to see Bobby get what he deserves, they can always
watch him on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Has anyone ever seen him win on
that show? Or is that what the title implies, that he is 'always' thrown
down?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote

> I suppose if people want to see Bobby get what he deserves, they can
> always watch him on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Has anyone ever seen him
> win on that show? Or is that what the title implies, that he is 'always'
> thrown down?

He has won, though the category doesn't come to mind. He
doesn't seem to compete to win, though, he makes a version
of the food that lets the home team win the category.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> And those friends of his - Yikes!

Well, I have to agree with many of you, about his voice and his friends.
I remember when the "naked chef" was first mentioned, some of the
members of rec.nude were all atwitter. It was a disappointment, for sure.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:01:36 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:28:48 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you noticed, but I have. The tables have turned! Now
>> guy cooks, girls don't.

>That's because they're too busy talking an those damn cell phones!
>
>-sw <ducking>

<glaring> but won't throw the cell phone at you because I have no land
line backup...

LOL
really, I'm land line free

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 17, 7:58 pm, LarbGai > wrote:
> How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

Nah, Batali's the one who almost always wins -- though even his
winning rate is way below Sakai and some of the other original Iron
Chefs.

Flay loses often enough -- and his wins, interestingly, are often
paper-thin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 17, 10:03 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:24:39 GMT, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> > Why the animosity toward Flay? Is he banging your wife/sister/mother?

> Father/unclue/brother, maybe.
>
> On his early shows he was flapping that hand around like he
> didn't have any wrist muscles. And that lisp...
>
> Glad to see he may have gotten that fixed, at least publicly.

Not that it has anything to do with the merits or demerits of Flay's
cooking, but there a blind item some time back, clearly about Flay --
and his romp with a transsexual. (I know Flay has a trophy bride.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 17, 10:39 pm, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

> > LarbGai trolled:

> > > How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> > > Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> > The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":

> > Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
> > Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
> > Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
> > Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
> > José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
> > Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)

> > In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

> Batali
> > and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

> Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
> chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
> grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
> all over the floor.

No, it wasn't fixed. It was Ray and DeLaurentis assisting Batali and
Flay respectively. It was Batali who won that battle -- and Flay was
clearly unhappy to be competing against him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:37 am, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:39:42 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
>
> > wrote:
>
> >"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

> >> In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

> >Batali and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

> >Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
> >chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and her
> >grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her ass
> >all over the floor.

> I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
> due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
> were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
> great job.

I agree. RR was way more hands-on than DeLaurentis was on that
episode. DeLaurentis was a lost, flustered prima-donna.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 8:17 am, "Dee Dee" > wrote:
> > I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
> > due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
> > were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
> > great job.

> I noticed that RR did a lot of stirring. She has a good strong arm. Batali
> kept her busy. He normally has a great sous-chef, and I don't recall if she
> was there on that show or not -- Anne ...
>
> Talk about a voice - I never listen to her anymore since she started
> yelling, snorting, grunting, gargling, squeeking, screaming --

Her voice is grating -- and sometimes it's extremely hoarse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kyle" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 17, 10:39 pm, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message

> > LarbGai trolled:

> > > How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> > > Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> > The following have beaten Bobby Flay on "Iron Chef America":

> > Ming Tsai (Battle Duck)*
> > Michelle Bernstein (Battle Onion)
> > Beau MacMillan (Battle American Kobe Beef)
> > Laurent Tourondel (Battle Goat Cheese)
> > José Andrés (Battle Goat)*
> > Peter Kelly (Battle Ribeye)

> > In team competition, Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis lost to Mario

> Batali
> > and Rachael Ray (Battle Cranberry)

> Now you KNOW that one was fixed. Rachel Ray? Beating a real chef? Not a
> chance in the world. I'm sure she makes some great franks and beans and

her
> grilled cheese sandwiches are probably awesome, but Flay could wipe her

ass
> all over the floor.

No, it wasn't fixed. It was Ray and DeLaurentis assisting Batali and
Flay respectively. It was Batali who won that battle -- and Flay was
clearly unhappy to be competing against him.

Flay is always unhappy to be competing. I get the feeling in his mind befoe
the contest even starts, he's thinking why don't they just make me the
winner now and forget all the formality? It's why he is so loved.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kyle" > wrote in message

> I agree. RR was way more hands-on than DeLaurentis was on that
> episode. DeLaurentis was a lost, flustered prima-donna.

But, more importantly, who showed more titty? I'd bet on Gee-a-da

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kyle" > wrote

> On Aug 18, 8:17 am, "Dee Dee" > wrote:

>> Talk about a voice - I never listen to her anymore since she started
>> yelling, snorting, grunting, gargling, squeeking, screaming --

> Her voice is grating -- and sometimes it's extremely hoarse.

Her teasers for her talk show, they're bad enough, then they
tack on the same recording of her saying TODAY AT 10!!
It's louder than the rest of the commercial and it's at her hoarsest.
First time Ron heard that from the kitchen he said What was
that?? It's just Rachel Ray, she's on later at 10. Geez.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 8:26 am, Kyle > wrote:
> On Aug 17, 7:58 pm, LarbGai > wrote:
>
> > How is it that everytime Bobby Flay cooks on Iron Chef he wins???
> > Most times the other chef is streets ahead but Bobby always wins.

> Nah, Batali's the one who almost always wins -- though even his
> winning rate is way below Sakai and some of the other original Iron
> Chefs.
>
> Flay loses often enough -- and his wins, interestingly, are often
> paper-thin.

Fair comment....... It may be me but it seems that its always him
that wins.
I was just interested to see if others agreed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Dee Dee" > wrote
>
>> I suppose if people want to see Bobby get what he deserves, they can
>> always watch him on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Has anyone ever seen
>> him win on that show? Or is that what the title implies, that he is
>> 'always' thrown down?

> He has won, though the category doesn't come to mind. He
> doesn't seem to compete to win, though, he makes a version
> of the food that lets the home team win the category.
>
> nancy

I think the Throwdown show was a means of putting him in the public's face
as a 'likable' television personality and not the snot he appears on his
other shows. On this he does end up on the losing side of a contest it is
all for local publicity, etc. so he, when they return to the network, is in
reality the winner.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:22:40 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 02:03:23 GMT, Steve Wertz
>> > wrote:

>>> And that lisp...
>>>

>> Forget about Bobby Flay, he's ok.... that British kid (whatever his
>> name is/was) has the absoute worst lisp. It drove me nuts! I still
>> can't believe FoodTV let him go in front of the camera without giving
>> him speech therapy. He's a good cook and did interesting things, but
>> I couldn't stand to hear him talk.

> Jamie Oliver. I couldn't stand watching and listening to him
> talk. Apparently some chicks dig it. I think he's
> greasy-looking.
>
> -sw

never thought he was much to look at, although some of his dishes had
potential. My main concern was the tongue thrust lisp he had, I was always
wondering who would eat the food after he spit on it....sorta like putting a
chef's toque on Daffy Duck.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Dee Dee" > wrote
> >
> >> I suppose if people want to see Bobby get what he deserves, they can
> >> always watch him on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Has anyone ever seen
> >> him win on that show? Or is that what the title implies, that he is
> >> 'always' thrown down?

> > He has won, though the category doesn't come to mind. He
> > doesn't seem to compete to win, though, he makes a version
> > of the food that lets the home team win the category.
> >
> > nancy
> >

> I think the Throwdown show was a means of putting him in the public's face
> as a 'likable' television personality and not the snot he appears on his
> other shows. On this he does end up on the losing side of a contest it is
> all for local publicity, etc. so he, when they return to the network, is

in
> reality the winner.
> -ginny

I remember well him and Jaquie Malouf, She had quite a touch when it came
to clipping his wings. You could tell he was getting really steamy under
the collar and she would have a wicked grin on her face. Wonder what ever
happened to her?

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "Dee Dee" > wrote
>>
>>> I suppose if people want to see Bobby get what he deserves, they can
>>> always watch him on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." Has anyone ever seen
>>> him win on that show? Or is that what the title implies, that he is
>>> 'always' thrown down?

>> He has won, though the category doesn't come to mind. He
>> doesn't seem to compete to win, though, he makes a version
>> of the food that lets the home team win the category.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> I think the Throwdown show was a means of putting him in the public's face
> as a 'likable' television personality and not the snot he appears on his
> other shows. On this he does end up on the losing side of a contest it is
> all for local publicity, etc. so he, when they return to the network, is
> in reality the winner.
> -ginny

Bobby Flay's wife on a cooking show asked Bobby how come he used both baking
powder and baking soda in his biscuits; he said, (I paraphrasing) because
they act different; she said, (I'm paraphrasing) All right! I think his
wife being on the show the time I saw it was silly. I guess she's a star in
her own right, but I never have heard of her.

I don't react to Bobby the way some people do, I think he's OK, and I like
the throwdowns; I'll watch all of the Iron Chef America's that he's in.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>
>>> "Dee Dee" > wrote

>>> He has won, though the category doesn't come to mind. He
>>> doesn't seem to compete to win, though, he makes a version
>>> of the food that lets the home team win the category.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> I think the Throwdown show was a means of putting him in the public's
>> face as a 'likable' television personality and not the snot he appears on
>> his other shows. On this he does end up on the losing side of a contest
>> it is all for local publicity, etc. so he, when they return to the
>> network, is in reality the winner.
>> -ginny

> Bobby Flay's wife on a cooking show asked Bobby how come he used both
> baking powder and baking soda in his biscuits; he said, (I paraphrasing)
> because they act different; she said, (I'm paraphrasing) All right! I
> think his wife being on the show the time I saw it was silly. I guess
> she's a star in her own right, but I never have heard of her.
>
> I don't react to Bobby the way some people do, I think he's OK, and I
> like the throwdowns; I'll watch all of the Iron Chef America's that he's
> in.
>
> Dee Dee

I think Flay likes to give hints about things, like baking powder vs baking
soda, and he expects (correctly) that anyone who wants to know more will do
the research themselves. He's right. There's no point in spoon feeding
knowledge to lazy slobs who can't get off their fat asses and go to the
library, and read two or three or forty seven books to find the knowledge
they need.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

>> I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
>> due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
>> were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
>> great job.

> I noticed that RR did a lot of stirring. She has a good strong arm.
> Batali kept her busy.

She made a cranberry curd. She spent most of the show stirring it. The
judges liked it. Mario and Anne did pretty much everything else.

> He normally has a great sous-chef, and I don't recall if she was there on
> that show or not -- Anne ...

Yes, she was there. Among other things, she made a pasta dough for one of
Mario's dishes and she made some kind of pastry to hold Rachael's curd.

> Talk about a voice - I never listen to her anymore since she started
> yelling, snorting, grunting, gargling, squeeking, screaming --

Want to see something funny? Try recording "30 Minute Meals" and then
playing it back in slow motion. Her facial expressions and gestures are
FREAKISH in slow motion.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Dee Dee wrote:
>
> >> I don't watch Iron Chef very often, but I actually saw that one twice
> >> due to seasonal circumstances. Rachael Ray and Giada De Laurentis
> >> were station chefs, they weren't calling the shots. IMO, RR did a
> >> great job.

> > I noticed that RR did a lot of stirring. She has a good strong arm.
> > Batali kept her busy.

> She made a cranberry curd. She spent most of the show stirring it. The
> judges liked it. Mario and Anne did pretty much everything else.
>

> > He normally has a great sous-chef, and I don't recall if she was there

on
> > that show or not -- Anne ...

> Yes, she was there. Among other things, she made a pasta dough for one of
> Mario's dishes and she made some kind of pastry to hold Rachael's curd.
>

> > Talk about a voice - I never listen to her anymore since she started
> > yelling, snorting, grunting, gargling, squeeking, screaming --

> Want to see something funny? Try recording "30 Minute Meals" and then
> playing it back in slow motion. Her facial expressions and gestures are
> FREAKISH in slow motion.

I call her "Buzzy the Hummingbird"

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:45:42 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
.. .

>I don't react to Bobby the way some people do, I think he's OK, and I like
>the throwdowns; I'll watch all of the Iron Chef America's that he's in.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with "Throw Down" which I
never watch and "Iron Chef" which I almost never watch. What about
his other shows?
Hot Off the Grill
FoodNation
Boy Meets Grill
BBQ with Bobby Flay

The one I seem to see the most is Boy Meets Grill - and I like it.