Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wooden Cutting Board Help

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "Dee Dee" > wrote:
>

>>> But I'm trying to SAVE money so I can give up Visa and high interest
>>> rates!!!
>>> --
>>> Peace, Om

>> When I was ill in the late 90's, even though we had great insurance,
>> it took us several years to get out from under. It's tough.
>> Low interest rates are OK, but No Debt is a wonderful thing.
>> I wish you the best.
>> Dee Dee

> I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)
>
> Eliminating credit card debt is a good thing at current interest
> rates. I killed all cards but the one at 14.98%.
>
> :-(
>
> And it seldom gets used.
>
> I've charged ALL of my gas for the car for over 20 years but it gets
> paid off in full every month so there is no interest charge if the
> bill is paid on time.
>
> As far as the 3K in hospital bills for my dad's appendicitis surgery
> last year, I pay the 3 bills $50.00 each per month directly to the
> Dr's/hospital, so there is no interest. No way in HELL am I going to
> use Visa for those!

Well done!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:

> >> When I was ill in the late 90's, even though we had great insurance,
> >> it took us several years to get out from under. It's tough.
> >> Low interest rates are OK, but No Debt is a wonderful thing.
> >> I wish you the best.
> >> Dee Dee

> > I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)
> >
> > Eliminating credit card debt is a good thing at current interest
> > rates. I killed all cards but the one at 14.98%.
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > And it seldom gets used.
> >
> > I've charged ALL of my gas for the car for over 20 years but it gets
> > paid off in full every month so there is no interest charge if the
> > bill is paid on time.
> >
> > As far as the 3K in hospital bills for my dad's appendicitis surgery
> > last year, I pay the 3 bills $50.00 each per month directly to the
> > Dr's/hospital, so there is no interest. No way in HELL am I going to
> > use Visa for those!

> Well done!!

I figure that if I can put the money that was going to credit card
payments into savings each month (barring emergencies) and get ahead, I
won't have to use the damned things again! I'll keep the Cabella's club
Visa only as it pays me money back even if I pay it off interest free
every month.

The only thing worse than financing credit cards are Pawn debts.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:51:56 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>> > I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)
>> >
>> > Eliminating credit card debt is a good thing at current interest
>> > rates. I killed all cards but the one at 14.98%.
>> >
>> > :-(
>> >
>> > And it seldom gets used.
>> >
>> > I've charged ALL of my gas for the car for over 20 years but it gets
>> > paid off in full every month so there is no interest charge if the
>> > bill is paid on time.
>> >
>> > As far as the 3K in hospital bills for my dad's appendicitis surgery
>> > last year, I pay the 3 bills $50.00 each per month directly to the
>> > Dr's/hospital, so there is no interest. No way in HELL am I going to
>> > use Visa for those!

>> Well done!!

>I figure that if I can put the money that was going to credit card
>payments into savings each month (barring emergencies) and get ahead, I
>won't have to use the damned things again! I'll keep the Cabella's club
>Visa only as it pays me money back even if I pay it off interest free
>every month.
>
>The only thing worse than financing credit cards are Pawn debts.

Closing the credit cards is not a good idea. Keep them but do no use
them. About 35% of your FICO score is determined by the amount of
credit extended to you compared to how much is used. Keep them and
use them only to the extent you can repay at the end of the month.
Emergencies excluded.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Dee Dee" > wrote:
>
> I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)

Don't move!

When we lived in a certain area in Marin Co., CA; sometimes we had a certain
realtor who would call and asked if we wanted to move on up. So funny!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

> The only thing worse than financing credit cards are Pawn debts.
> --
> Peace, Om

I've never had anything worth pawning. ;-)
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 13, 7:12 pm, "Dee Dee" > wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>
> news >
> > In article >,
> > "Dee Dee" > wrote:

> > I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)

> Don't move!
>
> When we lived in a certain area in Marin Co., CA; sometimes we had a certain
> realtor who would call and asked if we wanted to move on up. So funny!

Is there an "up" from Marin?

> Dee Dee

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blair P. Houghton" wrote:

> kilikini > wrote:
> >I was chopping up some celery the other day and went, whoosh! Where is that
> >rank smell coming from? I sniffed the sink, nope. I sniffed the floor,
> >nope. I sniffed the stove, nope. Then it hit me. It was the cutting
> >board! It smelled like really moldy garlic. And I mean, bad! Worse than a
> >3 day old, uncleaned litterbox.
> >
> >How do I get the smell out? Should I bleach it? Use lemon juice? Oil it?
> >What would you suggest?
> >
> >It's seriously making the kitchen stink. Any suggestions are welcome.

> I wash mine then put it in the oven at 150-200F for 5
> minutes, then oil it while it's warm. Hopefully the heat
> is penetrating to kill anything the wash-water couldn't
> get to.
>
> --Blair

My wooden cutting boards get a good scrub after each use. Then once or
twice a year they are sanded (after scrubbing) until they are smooth
again. No odours and presumably not much in the way of anything growing
on there either. Separate boards for bread/vegs/meat anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote:
>but, but...perfesser sheldon says if there are any knife cuts on your
>board you have no knife skills. you stinky wop bitch!

Sheldon doesn't know a knife from his nuts.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 14, 10:29?am, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:39:34 -0400, Dee Dee wrote:

> >> Hmm, I don't know. Send pictures and let me decide. I think
> >> it's time for a change of pace.

> > I'm sure Nancy is good looking -- but what I'm really interested in is
> > seeing what you look like, Steve.
> > Can you post a picture?

> It's on the RFC site. You'll have to mentally multiply all the
> good looks and age by 2, though.

Hehe, great response!

I'm sure Nancy is a BABE!

Sheldon Wrigleys

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

>> I'm sure Nancy is good looking -- but what I'm really interested in is
>> seeing what you look like, Steve.
>> Can you post a picture?

> It's on the RFC site. You'll have to mentally multiply all the
> good looks and age by 2, though.
>
> -sw

My photo is less than a year old, and I'm a lot uglier in person

The food pictures on the webpage are interesting. The cake with the
little flags is a mystery to me. I wish I knew the symbolism of this
Scandinavian delicacy? One picture is distracting because all I see are
what appears to be a disposable foam plate with <something?> on it...?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:39:34 -0400, Dee Dee wrote:

>>> Hmm, I don't know. Send pictures and let me decide. I think
>>> it's time for a change of pace.

>> I'm sure Nancy is good looking -- but what I'm really interested in is
>> seeing what you look like, Steve.
>> Can you post a picture?

> It's on the RFC site. You'll have to mentally multiply all the
> good looks and age by 2, though.
>
> -sw

Thanks, Steve. So, you have gotten twice as good looking and twice as
old -- ?

This reminds me to ask, is there any age differential allowed on these
pictures? Say 10-30 years?

I remember now seeing this before and noting how sweet you look in contrast
to your remarks -- are you a street angel/house devil?

I'd like to post a picture, but I'd rather not post a current one.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scandinavian delicacy (was: Wooden Cutting Board Help)

Goomba38 wrote:

> My photo is less than a year old, and I'm a lot uglier in person
>
> The food pictures on the webpage are interesting. The cake with the
> little flags is a mystery to me. I wish I knew the symbolism of this
> Scandinavian delicacy?

You talking about this?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/sigs/A...nse-Cakes.html

Got that one from the "old site"; it belongs with Archon's "Kransekage
or Small Kranse-Cakes" He is from Denmark, and I am pretty sure those
are Danish flags... He posts here occasionally, so I am sure he would know.

> One picture is distracting because all I see are
> what appears to be a disposable foam plate with <something?> on it...?

Be more specific (BMS). Not sure which food picture you are referring to
- there are 366 of them. BTW, Damsel supplied many of the "newer"
pictures on the current site (thank you Damsel). Om and Sheldon let me
use some of their foodie pics too (thanks go to them as well). All of
the older ones were taken over from the "old" site - which goes back a
while....
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:57:35 GMT, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

>blake murphy > wrote:
>>but, but...perfesser sheldon says if there are any knife cuts on your
>>board you have no knife skills. you stinky wop bitch!

>Sheldon doesn't know a knife from his nuts.
>
> --Blair

well, he does after that one unfortunate incident.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Got that one from the "old site"; it belongs with Archon's "Kransekage
> or Small Kranse-Cakes" He is from Denmark, and I am pretty sure those
> are Danish flags... He posts here occasionally, so I am sure he would know.

Yes, that's the one! I knew it was one of the Scandinavian countries,
but wasn't able to load the website as I wrote the post to double check
which one and couldn't recall offhand. Anyhooo... I would love to know
any history or customs about this cake? I think it is very festive.

>> One picture is distracting because all I see are what appears to be a
>> disposable foam plate with <something?> on it...?

> Be more specific (BMS). Not sure which food picture you are referring to
> - there are 366 of them. BTW, Damsel supplied many of the "newer"
> pictures on the current site (thank you Damsel). Om and Sheldon let me
> use some of their foodie pics too (thanks go to them as well). All of
> the older ones were taken over from the "old" site - which goes back a
> while....

I had *no* idea there were that many photos on the website. I'm going to
have to wade into the website a bit further, I see? The one I refer to
is on the RFC Chat page, where your options for signing in to the chat
are listed. It is the middle picture? It just always stands out to me.
Actually, for all the food pictures (those I've seen!) I wish there was
a description of the food shown.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Goomba38 > said:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>
> > Got that one from the "old site"; it belongs with Archon's "Kransekage
> > or Small Kranse-Cakes" He is from Denmark, and I am pretty sure those
> > are Danish flags... He posts here occasionally, so I am sure he would know.

> Yes, that's the one! I knew it was one of the Scandinavian countries,
> but wasn't able to load the website as I wrote the post to double check
> which one and couldn't recall offhand. Anyhooo... I would love to know
> any history or customs about this cake? I think it is very festive.

I Googled "kranskake" from memory after reading this post, but
even though I misspelled it, I found the following page:

http://www.geocities.com/bill_fiero/poulsbo.htm

Funny, because Poulsbo isn't that far away from me. Anyway, if
you scroll down a bit, there's a good description and photo of
a kranskake or "kransekage". I'd seen them before on television
(dunno if it was FoodTV or not) and thought they looked neat.
Reminds me of that gal who had a wedding dress of pastry...

--
Jani in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, unge (Little Malice) said:

<snip>

> Reminds me of that gal who had a wedding dress of pastry...

It occured to me that some of you might not know what I was talking
about:

http://michaelscomments.wordpress.
com/2006/10/12/pastry-chef-makes-cream-puff-wedding-gown-for-bride/

Or:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/32nczs

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easy Cheese Biscuits (was:Scandinavian delicacy)

Goomba38 wrote:

> I had *no* idea there were that many photos on the website. I'm going to
> have to wade into the website a bit further, I see? The one I refer to
> is on the RFC Chat page, where your options for signing in to the chat
> are listed. It is the middle picture? It just always stands out to me.
> Actually, for all the food pictures (those I've seen!) I wish there was
> a description of the food shown.

Aha. That narrows it down a bit. I "stole" some of the food pictures
already used throughout the site to make various combination panels to
"pretty up" the site. The one you are talking about is a picture of
boli's "Easy Cheese Biscuits" from the Hermann, Missouri Cookin of
September 7-9, 2001.

If you take a look at page 4 of that particular cook-in, you will find
the recipe for them too.

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/cookin...ml?id=3&page=4

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
The Cook > wrote:

> Closing the credit cards is not a good idea. Keep them but do no use
> them. About 35% of your FICO score is determined by the amount of
> credit extended to you compared to how much is used. Keep them and
> use them only to the extent you can repay at the end of the month.
> Emergencies excluded.
> --
> Susan N.

I was told by Bank Of America that if I kept several credit cards, my
credit score was WORSE!

I closed all but two Visa accounts. One BOA Visa and my Cabella's Visa.
I also have 5 gas cards that I rotate depending on who has the cheapest
gas, but those are and always have been paid in full monthly.

As for emergencies, I'm planning to try to avoid financing those. A well
padded savings account will cover that. Not to mention the IRA/mutual
funds.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Dee Dee" > wrote:
> >
> > I still have 4 years to go on the morgage. :-)

> Don't move!

I don't plan to. ;-)

> When we lived in a certain area in Marin Co., CA; sometimes we had a certain
> realtor who would call and asked if we wanted to move on up. So funny!
>
> Dee Dee

Notachanceinhell...

I look forward to being relatively debt free for awhile and by the time
the Morgage is paid off, the Chevy will have close to 200K on it. I'll
eventually have to face car payments again. Right now I don't have the
budget for them.

It has about 117K on it right now.

Utilities and monthly commuting fuel is what is killing me.

I've not had a utility bill under $380.00 for months.
That's for power, water, sewage and trash pickup combined.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > The only thing worse than financing credit cards are Pawn debts.
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> I've never had anything worth pawning. ;-)
> Dee Dee

Guns.

;-)

Altho' I'm fixin' to cover a pawn ticket for a friend right now for a
laptop.

He's such an idiot sometimes.

I'll keep the computer until he pays me back too!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> "Blair P. Houghton" wrote:
> >
> > kilikini > wrote:
> > >I was chopping up some celery the other day and went, whoosh! Where is
> > >that
> > >rank smell coming from? I sniffed the sink, nope. I sniffed the floor,
> > >nope. I sniffed the stove, nope. Then it hit me. It was the cutting
> > >board! It smelled like really moldy garlic. And I mean, bad! Worse than
> > >3 day old, uncleaned litterbox.
> > >
> > >How do I get the smell out? Should I bleach it? Use lemon juice? Oil
> > >it?
> > >What would you suggest?
> > >
> > >It's seriously making the kitchen stink. Any suggestions are welcome.

> > I wash mine then put it in the oven at 150-200F for 5
> > minutes, then oil it while it's warm. Hopefully the heat
> > is penetrating to kill anything the wash-water couldn't
> > get to.
> >
> > --Blair

> My wooden cutting boards get a good scrub after each use. Then once or
> twice a year they are sanded (after scrubbing) until they are smooth
> again. No odours and presumably not much in the way of anything growing
> on there either. Separate boards for bread/vegs/meat anyway.

Just never EVER leave them wet!

They don't need to be soaked.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:39:34 -0400, Dee Dee wrote:

> >> Hmm, I don't know. Send pictures and let me decide. I think
> >> it's time for a change of pace.

> > I'm sure Nancy is good looking -- but what I'm really interested in is
> > seeing what you look like, Steve.
> > Can you post a picture?

> It's on the RFC site. You'll have to mentally multiply all the
> good looks and age by 2, though.
>
> -sw

Oh come on babe... You are "Teddy Bear" cute. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> >> I'm sure Nancy is good looking -- but what I'm really interested in is
> >> seeing what you look like, Steve.
> >> Can you post a picture?

> > It's on the RFC site. You'll have to mentally multiply all the
> > good looks and age by 2, though.
> >
> > -sw

> Thanks, Steve. So, you have gotten twice as good looking and twice as
> old -- ?
>
> This reminds me to ask, is there any age differential allowed on these
> pictures? Say 10-30 years?
>
> I remember now seeing this before and noting how sweet you look in contrast
> to your remarks -- are you a street angel/house devil?
>
> I'd like to post a picture, but I'd rather not post a current one.
>
> Dee Dee

The pic I posted is a good 10 years old. That poor kitty in my arms,
Ladybug, died of old age about 7 years ago. :-( She was a sweet kitty...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> > I remember now seeing this before and noting how sweet you look in contrast
> > to your remarks -- are you a street angel/house devil?

> I'm really a puppy dog. I just happen to bark a lot. Dogs sense
> things that people can't.
>
> -sw

And are you in the habit of doing what dogs do when they greet people?
<G>

Om -> ducking and running for cover!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 15, 2:09 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> Goomba38 wrote:
>
> > I had *no* idea there were that many photos on the website. I'm going to
> > have to wade into the website a bit further, I see? The one I refer to
> > is on the RFC Chat page, where your options for signing in to the chat
> > are listed. It is the middle picture? It just always stands out to me.
> > Actually, for all the food pictures (those I've seen!) I wish there was
> > a description of the food shown.

> Aha. That narrows it down a bit. I "stole" some of the food pictures
> already used throughout the site to make various combination panels to
> "pretty up" the site. The one you are talking about is a picture of
> boli's "Easy Cheese Biscuits" from the Hermann, Missouri Cookin of
> September 7-9, 2001.

The Amtrak stops in Hermann (station code HEM). Hermann is German.

> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Truthful Assh0le wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2:09 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> Goomba38 wrote:
>>
>>> I had *no* idea there were that many photos on the website. I'm going to
>>> have to wade into the website a bit further, I see? The one I refer to
>>> is on the RFC Chat page, where your options for signing in to the chat
>>> are listed. It is the middle picture? It just always stands out to me.
>>> Actually, for all the food pictures (those I've seen!) I wish there was
>>> a description of the food shown.

>> Aha. That narrows it down a bit. I "stole" some of the food pictures
>> already used throughout the site to make various combination panels to
>> "pretty up" the site. The one you are talking about is a picture of
>> boli's "Easy Cheese Biscuits" from the Hermann, Missouri Cookin of
>> September 7-9, 2001.

> The Amtrak stops in Hermann (station code HEM). Hermann is German.

Thank you for that little bit of trivia. But what does it have to do
with Cheese Biscuits?
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Aha. That narrows it down a bit. I "stole" some of the food pictures
> already used throughout the site to make various combination panels to
> "pretty up" the site. The one you are talking about is a picture of
> boli's "Easy Cheese Biscuits" from the Hermann, Missouri Cookin of
> September 7-9, 2001.
>
> If you take a look at page 4 of that particular cook-in, you will find
> the recipe for them too.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/cookin...ml?id=3&page=4

Delicious! I can taste and smell that ham...I like mine with a bit of
honey mustard, Boli! The ham went on the biscuits, I take it? I couldn't
tell what they were at first but this makes sense now!

How'd I miss all those photos before? They're tucked into various
recipes and links?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:

>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/cookin...ml?id=3&page=4
>>

> Delicious! I can taste and smell that ham...I like mine with a bit of
> honey mustard, Boli! The ham went on the biscuits, I take it? I couldn't
> tell what they were at first but this makes sense now!
>
> How'd I miss all those photos before? They're tucked into various
> recipes and links?

Yup. There are plenty of them in the Cook-in section, and quite a few in
Tips 'n Tricks section too. There are not as many in the Signature Dish
section as I would like, but people don't always have a camera handy...
Seeing what a dish looks like plated is always nice.

I am hoping that Christine Dabney will be "clicking-away" at her cook-in
that's coming up very shortly in NM <hint, hint> - it should make a nice
addition to the site for those people who would like to to attend, but
can't.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> Goomba38 wrote:
>> ChattyCathy wrote:

>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/cookin...ml?id=3&page=4
>>>

>> Delicious! I can taste and smell that ham...I like mine with a bit of
>> honey mustard, Boli! The ham went on the biscuits, I take it? I
>> couldn't tell what they were at first but this makes sense now!
>>
>> How'd I miss all those photos before? They're tucked into various
>> recipes and links?

> Yup. There are plenty of them in the Cook-in section, and quite a few in
> Tips 'n Tricks section too. There are not as many in the Signature Dish
> section as I would like, but people don't always have a camera handy...
> Seeing what a dish looks like plated is always nice.
>
> I am hoping that Christine Dabney will be "clicking-away" at her cook-in
> that's coming up very shortly in NM <hint, hint> - it should make a nice
> addition to the site for those people who would like to to attend, but
> can't.

I think the "Cook Ins" title could almost be changed to "Cook-Ins and
Eat-Outs" since some of us do our best meeting at restaurants too
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> The Cook > wrote:
>
> > Closing the credit cards is not a good idea. Keep them but do no
> > use them. About 35% of your FICO score is determined by the amount
> > of credit extended to you compared to how much is used. Keep them
> > and use them only to the extent you can repay at the end of the
> > month. Emergencies excluded.

> I was told by Bank Of America that if I kept several credit cards, my
> credit score was WORSE!

Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are debt
to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of those.

<http://www.myfico.com/>

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> I think the "Cook Ins" title could almost be changed to "Cook-Ins and
> Eat-Outs" since some of us do our best meeting at restaurants too

I have been considering something like that - so if anybody has pics
that they can forward to me and don't mind me putting them up on the
site, I will be quite happy to do it... LOL - the more food-pr0n, the
better
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> I'd like to post a picture, but I'd rather not post a current one.
>>
>> Dee Dee

> The pic I posted is a good 10 years old. That poor kitty in my arms,
> Ladybug, died of old age about 7 years ago. :-( She was a sweet kitty...
> --
> Peace, Om

Om, I looked on the site and I saw you there. Last night I looked and
didn't see your picture.
I posted one of mine, but it is current, sad to say --
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are debt
> to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of those.

Not when you had 6 of them.

The greater the credit availability, the greater the risk.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > The Cook > wrote:
> >
> > > Closing the credit cards is not a good idea. Keep them but do no
> > > use them. About 35% of your FICO score is determined by the amount
> > > of credit extended to you compared to how much is used. Keep them
> > > and use them only to the extent you can repay at the end of the
> > > month. Emergencies excluded.

> > I was told by Bank Of America that if I kept several credit cards, my
> > credit score was WORSE!

> Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are debt
> to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of those.
>
> <http://www.myfico.com/>
>

> Brian

Sorry, but I think I'll listen to a loan officer before I'll believe an
internet website.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> >> I'd like to post a picture, but I'd rather not post a current one.
> >>
> >> Dee Dee

> > The pic I posted is a good 10 years old. That poor kitty in my arms,
> > Ladybug, died of old age about 7 years ago. :-( She was a sweet kitty...
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> Om, I looked on the site and I saw you there. Last night I looked and
> didn't see your picture.
> I posted one of mine, but it is current, sad to say --
> Dee Dee

Should be there, but under my old nym, OmManiPadmeOmelet.

;-)

http://www.recfoodcooking.org/mug/sh...th%20Kitty.jpg

It is not a recent pic... I must confess.

That was a good 10 years or so ago.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "Default User" > wrote:
>
> > Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are
> > debt to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of
> > those.

> Not when you had 6 of them.

That's absolutely untrue. You have bad information.

> The greater the credit availability, the greater the risk.

That's not how Fair-Isaac evaluates it. Add cards, your FICO goes up.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "Default User" > wrote:
>
> > Omelet wrote:

> > > I was told by Bank Of America that if I kept several credit
> > > cards, my credit score was WORSE!

> > Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are
> > debt to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of
> > those.
> >
> > <http://www.myfico.com/>

> Sorry, but I think I'll listen to a loan officer before I'll believe
> an internet website.

Amusing. The "internet website" is that of the Fair-Isaac Company. They
are the FICO in FICO. This is the company that creates the credit
scores.

You have bad or outdated information. Closing credit card accounts
HURTS your FICO score.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news
> http://www.recfoodcooking.org/mug/sh...th%20Kitty.jpg
>
> It is not a recent pic... I must confess.
>
> That was a good 10 years or so ago.

I Am so sorry ...I didn't know!
This year dead my favourite cat Alice. She was 16 years old.
I know they are all in peace in paradise now
and perhaps they also have a newsgroup:"Mousegroupcooking"
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Default User" > wrote:
> >
> > > Then they lied to you. Two major components of your FICO score are
> > > debt to credit ratio and length of credit. Closing hurts both of
> > > those.

> > Not when you had 6 of them.

> That's absolutely untrue. You have bad information.
>
> > The greater the credit availability, the greater the risk.

> That's not how Fair-Isaac evaluates it. Add cards, your FICO goes up.
>

> Brian

Sorry babe, but I'll believe the bank that owns my house and does the
actual credit scores.

The more cards you own, the higher your credit availability on credit
cards, the worse your score is. You are a bigger credit risk so they
raise your interest rates. That is what has screwed me over the last 3
years before I learned better. Now my interest rates are going back down.

The loan officers at the bank are what count. Not internet sites trying
to sell you credit cards.

Please learn from this. I did.

They want you to believe what you believe so they can make more money
off of you. I've reduced myself to 2 Visa cards.

Things are looking up now for the first time in 10 years.

Or more.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> > Sorry, but I think I'll listen to a loan officer before I'll believe
> > an internet website.

> Amusing. The "internet website" is that of the Fair-Isaac Company. They
> are the FICO in FICO. This is the company that creates the credit
> scores.
>
> You have bad or outdated information. Closing credit card accounts
> HURTS your FICO score.

Wrong.

Go to your local Bank and ask again.

I'm more ready to believe the people that own my house.

Thanks.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.