Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spices...

Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
.....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
heh. I have no idea what it's like yet (except it smells pretty good);
reading the label doesn't give much away either, it states:

Ingredients: Selected spices, herbs & salt.

Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
> heh. I have no idea what it's like yet (except it smells pretty good);
> reading the label doesn't give much away either, it states:
>
> Ingredients: Selected spices, herbs & salt.
>
> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
future? LOL!

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
>> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
>> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
>> heh. I have no idea what it's like yet (except it smells pretty good);
>> reading the label doesn't give much away either, it states:
>>
>> Ingredients: Selected spices, herbs & salt.
>>
>> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
> future? LOL!
>
> Carol

Depends - we are having marinated fillet steak "cubes" on skewers
tonight... and if the weather holds it will be chicken on the braai some
time this weekend

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> > Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
> > anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
> > across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
> > ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
> > heh. I have no idea what it's like yet (except it smells pretty good);
> > reading the label doesn't give much away either, it states:
> >
> > Ingredients: Selected spices, herbs & salt.
> >
> > Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
> future? LOL!
>
> Carol

I definitely want to hear about the results too! And I just love it
when the ingredients list is written to cryptically (not!) ;>

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote:

> I definitely want to hear about the results too! And I just love it
> when the ingredients list is written to cryptically (not!) ;>

I'll keep you "posted". (Gettit)?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Sky wrote:
> >

> > I definitely want to hear about the results too! And I just love it
> > when the ingredients list is written to cryptically (not!) ;>

> I'll keep you "posted". (Gettit)?

GROAN! <g> er, make that ROFL! :>

Sky

P.S. I should have typed "too cryptically" - I just hate it when
improper grammar slips by - it was a snake, I know it was.

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

ChattyCathy wrote:

> Sky wrote:
> >

> > I definitely want to hear about the results too! And I just love it
> > when the ingredients list is written to cryptically (not!) ;>

> I'll keep you "posted". (Gettit)?
>

> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

GROAN! <g> er, make that ROFL! :> I'm looking forward to that post,
too.

Sky

P.S. I should have typed "too cryptically" - I just hate it when
improper grammar slips by - it was a snake, I know it was.

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh

I think it's a spice for chickens that are past their fresh time.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
>>
>> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
> future? LOL!
>
> Carol

Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

Andy
Worried
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
>> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
>> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh

> I think it's a spice for chickens that are past their fresh time.

Shhhh. Not so loud. That ole rooster in my backyard might hear ya

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

Come to think of it, wasn't there a dance called the "Funky Chicken"? Or was
I ON DRUGS AGAIN?!?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
> heh. I have no idea what it's like yet (except it smells pretty good);
> reading the label doesn't give much away either, it states:
>
> Ingredients: Selected spices, herbs & salt.
>
> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

Let us know how it turns out?
Sounds interesting. :-)

I pan fried chicken yesterday for the first time in ages.
I've been roasting, grilling and braising it lately.

I spritzed it with a mix of soy and oyster sauce first (I keep that in a
small spray bottle next to the stove) then dusted with salt free lemon
pepper, garlic and onion powder.

Came out pretty tasty.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> Needed to stock up (I had 4 jars of Cajun spice and not enough of
>>> anything else when I was doing my "inventory" yesterday). Anyway, I came
>>> across a new (local) brand name today, which I won't mention here
>>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh

>> I think it's a spice for chickens that are past their fresh time.
>>

> Shhhh. Not so loud. That ole rooster in my backyard might hear ya

<whisper>
So he may not be able to *do* the funky chicken, but he has *become*
one, eh? http://www.zuidwijk.nl/fun/funky/
</whisper>

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress said...
>
>> On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
>>>
>>> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

>> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
>> future? LOL!
>>
>> Carol

> Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

OldRoomTemperatureMeatCo.com -- and they promise slow delivery in hot trucks,
too.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Damsel in dis Dress said...

>>> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
>>> future? LOL!
>>>
>>> Carol

>> Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

> OldRoomTemperatureMeatCo.com -- and they promise slow delivery in hot
> trucks, too.

ROFLMAO!!!

Good one!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Andy said...
>
>> Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

> Come to think of it, wasn't there a dance called the "Funky Chicken"? Or was
> I ON DRUGS AGAIN?!?

I just posted a link to a page on how to do it.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Blinky the Shark said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Damsel in dis Dress said...

>>> Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??

>> OldRoomTemperatureMeatCo.com -- and they promise slow delivery in hot
>> trucks, too.

> ROFLMAO!!!
>
> Good one!
>
> Andy

Ah, a reference to the day when "funky" meant "bad smelling"...
I hate it when a word's meaning suddenly change on me. Don't you?
Thankfully, I haven't heard anyone use "funky" as a positive adjective
for many years. Perhaps the world isn't doomed after all...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10 Aug 2007 18:07:50 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

> http://www.zuidwijk.nl/fun/funky/

Hmmm. We didn't do the Funky Chicken like that. It was "chicken
wings" on top with "yellow chicken" legs. Looks like some "kid" has
mixed in moves of other dances, like the "Duck", with it. Not all
birds are alike. LOL

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:34:36 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress said...
>
>> On Aug 10, 8:22 am, ChattyCathy > wrote:
>>> ....but the jar I chose was called "Funky Chicken Spice". heh heh heh
>>>
>>> Hey, it was worth the few ZARs I paid for it to find out

>> I assume there will be a follow-up to this post in the very near
>> future? LOL!
>>
>> Carol

>Wondering where can you buy funky chickens!??
>
>Andy
>Worried

i thought the funky chicken was something you do, not something you
buy.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:07:34 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>i thought the funky chicken was something you do, not something you
>buy.

Well, I was in this bar in Pittsburgh once...
--

modom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 10, 7:49 pm, none > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Blinky the Shark said...

> >> OldRoomTemperatureMeatCo.com -- and they promise slow delivery in hot
> >> trucks, too.

> > ROFLMAO!!!

> > Good one!

> > Andy

> Ah, a reference to the day when "funky" meant "bad smelling"...
> I hate it when a word's meaning suddenly change on me. Don't you?
> Thankfully, I haven't heard anyone use "funky" as a positive adjective
> for many years. Perhaps the world isn't doomed after all...

>From Wikipedia:

The word "funk", once defined in dictionaries as body odour or the
smell of sexual intercourse, commonly was regarded as coarse or
indecent. African-American musicians originally applied "funk" to
music with a slow, mellow groove, then later with a hard-driving,
insistent rhythm because of the word's association with sexual
intercourse. This early form of the music set the pattern for later
musicians.
source-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk

Rock'n Roll.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:07:34 GMT, blake murphy >
> wrote:
>
>>i thought the funky chicken was something you do, not something you
>>buy.
>>

> Well, I was in this bar in Pittsburgh once...

Were yens drinkin' Arn City, there in Picksburg?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:40:38 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"
> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:07:34 GMT, blake murphy >
>wrote:
>
>>i thought the funky chicken was something you do, not something you
>>buy.
>>

>Well, I was in this bar in Pittsburgh once...
>--
>
>modom

....and the funky chicken did you?

your pal,
blake

spices gregz General Cooking 0 13-10-2011 02:10 PM
Marwari Spices and Pulses is a manufacturer of spices used as food flavoring. spicespulses Recipes 0 19-11-2010 05:38 PM
top spices? StaceyB General Cooking 30 07-02-2010 08:26 PM
How old are your spices? Becca General Cooking 32 16-10-2009 06:17 PM
Spices ypauls General Cooking 22 18-03-2004 02:58 PM