V Crenshaw

Default Looking for chocolate cookie recipe

I am looking for a specific chocolate cookie recipe. I can buy them at
Central Market
and Whole Foods here in Dallas, Texas (used to several years ago at Tom
Thumb also)
but I want a recipe.

They are very unusual and hard for me to describe. They have nuts and are
very "crackled".
Very airy and chewy not a solid cookie. I'm thinking they must have lots of
egg whites.

Snowfeet1

Chocolate Delights

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups pecans, ground coarsely in food processor
7 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
2 extra large egg whites, slightly beaten*
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar,
pecans, cocoa, and salt. Add egg whites and vanilla and stir until mixture is
combined well. Spoon onto lightly oiled foil-lined sheets (or unbuttered
parchment) and bake 12 - 15 minutes or until the tops appear dry and light in
color. Let cool and remove from cookie sheet. Makes about 24 cookies.

*Be sure and use extra large egg whites - I've tried large and cookies don't
turn out as good.

PK

Try ... http://www.allrecipes.com

PK
mailto -----------------------------------------------------------------
"V Crenshaw" > wrote in message
. ..
> I am looking for a specific chocolate cookie recipe. I can buy them at
> Central Market
> and Whole Foods here in Dallas, Texas (used to several years ago at Tom
> Thumb also)
> but I want a recipe.
>
> They are very unusual and hard for me to describe. They have nuts and are
> very "crackled".
> Very airy and chewy not a solid cookie. I'm thinking they must have lots

of
> egg whites.

Regena Richardson

I know when they were sold at Tom Thumb, they were called Chocolate
Chewies. You are correct, egg whites, cocoa, sugar, and pecans make up
most of the ingredients. I didn't find them on that web site, but
several of my cookbooks have them under some variation of Chocolate
Chewy cookies.

Good Luck.

PK wrote:

>Try ... http://www.allrecipes.com
>
>PK

Simon Belmont

"Regena Richardson" > wrote
> I know when they were sold at Tom Thumb, they were called Chocolate
> Chewies. You are correct, egg whites, cocoa, sugar, and pecans make
> up I didn't find them on that web site, but several of my cookbooks
> have them under some variation of Chocolate Chewy cookies.

Internet search engines can be quite handy. I like google.com
search for: "Chocolate Chewies" recipe (with quote marks)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...wies%22+recipe