Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Twelve Years of Unwedded Bliss!

Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
peppers, skewered and grilled.
Brown rice.
Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
way!

(Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
ups.com:

> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)
>
> Carol

Sounds like a loverly meal....Best wishes on this Special Day. Hope
Crashes hip is easily fixible.

I smoked up some pork steaks and was feeling pretty good about it till
You and Your Shrimp came along! Huffmp! Huffmp! and double Huffmp.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

Congratulations!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 4, 7:53 pm, hahabogus > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote roups.com:
>

> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
> > Brown rice.
> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> > way!

> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

> > Carol

> Sounds like a loverly meal....Best wishes on this Special Day. Hope
> Crashes hip is easily fixable.
>
> I smoked up some pork steaks and was feeling pretty good about it till
> You and Your Shrimp came along! Huffmp! Huffmp! and double Huffmp.

Your pork steaks sound fantastic, Alan. The shrimp was just so-so.
It was pre-cooked and didn't pick up the flavor of the marinade. Does
that make it any better? The chicken, on the other hand, was
fantastic, and we're definitely going to make it more often.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> Congratulations!
>
> Jill

Thank you for the sentiment, but given your recent post concerning
your feelings about me, it reeks of hypocrisy.

Dinner was wonderful. I love the nuttiness of brown rice, and the
fresh strawberries were the best I've had in years.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and
>> my first date. We're having a
>>> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

>> Congratulations!
>>
>> Jill

> Thank you for the sentiment, but given your recent post concerning
> your feelings about me, it reeks of hypocrisy.

I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you are
barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have posted
anything recently involving you. But never mind the money I sent you to
take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather than
treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you out. I'm
obviously a very bad person.

> Dinner was wonderful. I love the nuttiness of brown rice, and the
> fresh strawberries were the best I've had in years.
>
> Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 4, 9:59 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and
> >> my first date. We're having a

> >> Congratulations!

> >> Jill

> > Thank you for the sentiment, but given your recent post concerning
> > your feelings about me, it reeks of hypocrisy.

> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you are
> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have posted
> anything recently involving you.

Google is your friend. So are these people:
www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/

> But never mind the money I sent you to
> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather than
> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you out. I'm
> obviously a very bad person.

Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it possible?
Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no possibility for
treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the help you gave me at
that time. It meant the world to both Crash and me.

You're not making yourself look like a saint by talking about helping
others in the past. You taint your comments with hateful, hurtful,
destructive add-ons.

Yes, you have become a very bad person. It's a shame, because you
weren't always like this.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

Happy Anniversary to you both! Hope you have/had a wonderful celebration. My
hubby and I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary next month (we
had 3.5 years of unwedded bliss before that!).

Hope Crash's hip feels better soon.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 4, 10:20 pm, "MareCat" > wrote:

> Happy Anniversary to you both! Hope you have/had a wonderful celebration. My
> hubby and I will be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary next month (we
> had 3.5 years of unwedded bliss before that!).
>
> Hope Crash's hip feels better soon.
>
> Mary

Thanks, Mary, and congratulations to you and your husband, too!

I'm sure we'll be able to work something out to make his hip feel
better.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jill's Meltdown. Get Your Tickets Now! (was: Twelve Years of Unwedded Bliss!)

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:59:19 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you are
> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have posted
> anything recently involving you. But never mind the money I sent you to
> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather than
> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you out. I'm
> obviously a very bad person.

Looks like somebody named "Jill" is headed for complete and total
meltdown. Everybody make popcorn, grab a box of LemonHeads, pull
up a chair and be prepared to stay a spell.

I can't believe she still has the nerve to set foot in this group
with a straight face anymore. She is completely oblivious to
everything around her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)
>
> Carol

Congratulations and Many Returns of the Special Occassion!!! The menu
sounds really delicious. Sorry to hear about Crash's health. I hope
everything works out well.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Aug 4, 9:59 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown"

>>> Thank you for the sentiment, but given your recent post concerning
>>> your feelings about me, it reeks of hypocrisy.

>> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you
>> are
>> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have
>> posted
>> anything recently involving you.

Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted anything bad
about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact when you were
posting you posted about making my butternut squash soup.

You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post anything
about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly, I missed your
posts but didn't really think much about them, or about you. I certainly
didn't post about you. Maybe that's the problem.

>> But never mind the money I sent you to
>> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather
>> than
>> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you
>> out. I'm
>> obviously a very bad person.

> Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it possible?
> Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no possibility for
> treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the help you gave me at
> that time. It meant the world to both Crash and me.

You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia but guess
what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that condition; you don't
just put them down. You said you needed money to take her to the vet. Next
thing I know, the money is gone and the cat was euthanized. No explanation,
no medical diagnosis. Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the
hell was I supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you
$200. And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What happened
to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.

> You're not making yourself look like a saint by talking about helping
> others in the past. You taint your comments with hateful, hurtful,
> destructive add-ons.

I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on your
anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason. Whatever.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

Congratulations!

--
Dan Goodman
"You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 12:36 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Aug 4, 9:59 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown"

> >> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you
> >> are
> >> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have
> >> posted
> >> anything recently involving you.

> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted anything bad
> about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact when you were
> posting you posted about making my butternut squash soup.
>
> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post anything
> about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly, I missed your
> posts but didn't really think much about them, or about you. I certainly
> didn't post about you. Maybe that's the problem.
>
> >> But never mind the money I sent you to
> >> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather
> >> than
> >> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you
> >> out. I'm
> >> obviously a very bad person.

> > Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it possible?
> > Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no possibility for
> > treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the help you gave me at
> > that time. It meant the world to both Crash and me.

> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia but guess
> what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that condition; you don't
> just put them down. You said you needed money to take her to the vet. Next
> thing I know, the money is gone and the cat was euthanized. No explanation,
> no medical diagnosis. Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the
> hell was I supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you
> $200. And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What happened
> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.
>
> > You're not making yourself look like a saint by talking about helping
> > others in the past. You taint your comments with hateful, hurtful,
> > destructive add-ons.

> I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on your
> anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason. Whatever.
>
> Jill

Yes, you managed to sink even lower. And the "facts" that you're
posting are all part of your drunken delusions. Not one thing you
just said is true. Not one thing. Are you insane, or evil? It's
really hard to tell.

Either way, congratulations. I'm sick to my stomach.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 12:46 am, "Dan Goodman" > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>

> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
> > Brown rice.
> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> > way!

> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

> Congratulations!

Thanks, Dan! It was a nice, quiet day (although a little dreary), and
the food and company were wonderful.

Sky, I'm using Google, and can't get your post to open. <waving>

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Johnanon > wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:59:19 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you are
> > barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have posted
> > anything recently involving you. But never mind the money I sent you to
> > take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather than
> > treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you out. I'm
> > obviously a very bad person.

> Looks like somebody named "Jill" is headed for complete and total
> meltdown. Everybody make popcorn, grab a box of LemonHeads, pull
> up a chair and be prepared to stay a spell.
>
> I can't believe she still has the nerve to set foot in this group
> with a straight face anymore. She is completely oblivious to
> everything around her.

Oh lighten up!
We all have our bad days...

Personally, I'll cut her some slack.
I like Jill.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Aug 5, 12:36 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted
>> anything bad about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact
>> when you were posting you posted about making my butternut squash
>> soup.
>>
>> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post
>> anything about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly,
>> I missed your posts but didn't really think much about them, or
>> about you. I certainly didn't post about you. Maybe that's the
>> problem.

>>> Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it
>>> possible? Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no
>>> possibility for treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the
>>> help you gave me at that time. It meant the world to both Crash
>>> and me.

>> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia
>> but guess what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that
>> condition; you don't just put them down. You said you needed money
>> to take her to the vet. Next thing I know, the money is gone and
>> the cat was euthanized. No explanation, no medical diagnosis.
>> Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the hell was I
>> supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you $200.
>> And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What happened
>> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.
>>
>>> You're not making yourself look like a saint by talking about
>>> helping others in the past. You taint your comments with hateful,
>>> hurtful, destructive add-ons.

>> I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on
>> your anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason.
>> Whatever.
>>
>> Jill

> Yes, you managed to sink even lower. And the "facts" that you're
> posting are all part of your drunken delusions. Not one thing you
> just said is true. Not one thing. Are you insane, or evil? It's
> really hard to tell.
>
> Either way, congratulations. I'm sick to my stomach.
>
> Carol

Would you like me to scan in and post a copy of the $200 check I sent you?
Would that make things more clear? Would the fact that if you dredge
through thousands of posts I never once mentioned you make it clear I didn't
post a damn thing about you make it clear? WTF is your problem???? I just
congratulated you and Crash and you jump all over me for NFR. Get over it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)
>
> Carol

Congrats, Dams & Crash! Shoulda went with a Boston Cream Pie for dessert,
though! ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Johnanon > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:59:19 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you
>>> are barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd
>>> have posted anything recently involving you. But never mind the
>>> money I sent you to take your cat to the vet (and which you had put
>>> down, btw, rather than treated). Never mind the many things I've
>>> done to try to help you out. I'm obviously a very bad person.

>> Looks like somebody named "Jill" is headed for complete and total
>> meltdown. Everybody make popcorn, grab a box of LemonHeads, pull
>> up a chair and be prepared to stay a spell.
>>
>> I can't believe she still has the nerve to set foot in this group
>> with a straight face anymore. She is completely oblivious to
>> everything around her.

> Oh lighten up!
> We all have our bad days...
>
> Personally, I'll cut her some slack.
> I like Jill.

Om, whoever that "Jill" was, it wasn't me. I haven't thought about or
posted about Damsel in well over a year. I sent her an email and got a
report back that Crash was doing poorly. Now all of a sudden I'm a pariah.
WHATEVER. I don't need the extra drama.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!

Sounds wonderful!

> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)
>
> Carol

Does it hurt? I hope y'all can get that resolved without more surgery!

Good to see you back babe. <hugs>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On Aug 4, 9:59 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown"

>>> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you
>>> are
>>> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have
>>> posted
>>> anything recently involving you.

> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted anything
> bad
> about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact when you were
> posting you posted about making my butternut squash soup.
>
> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post anything
> about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly, I missed your
> posts but didn't really think much about them, or about you. I certainly
> didn't post about you. Maybe that's the problem.
>
>>> But never mind the money I sent you to
>>> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather
>>> than
>>> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you
>>> out. I'm
>>> obviously a very bad person.

>> Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it possible?
>> Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no possibility for
>> treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the help you gave me at
>> that time. It meant the world to both Crash and me.
>>

> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia but
> guess
> what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that condition; you don't
> just put them down. You said you needed money to take her to the vet.
> Next
> thing I know, the money is gone and the cat was euthanized. No
> explanation,
> no medical diagnosis. Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the
> hell was I supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you
> $200. And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What
> happened
> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.
>
>> You're not making yourself look like a saint by talking about helping
>> others in the past. You taint your comments with hateful, hurtful,
>> destructive add-ons.
>>

> I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on your
> anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason. Whatever.
>
> Jill

jmcquown wrote:

"All you're after here is attention, Christy. No one has to say you
shouldn't buy the ingredients and make this stupid cake. No one says you
have to make anything for a friggin birtday party. Know what? Damsel was
right. I'm not your friend. I'm not her friend either, for that matter. I
don't remain friends wiith people who let themselves be STEPPED ON and
WALKED OVER constantly. Sorry, my friends have a back-bone. My friends
have spines. My friends know how to say NO. And the answer to this
ridiculous birthday party situation is NO. Period."

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

Nice.

Pass this on to Crash. My grandfather had both knees replaced...
after the age of 80. It was really, really hard to say the least. He
made it, though. Spent the rest of his life running around the house
like a youngster.

Have patience, and work with the docs and the physical therapists.
It tough because you can't dictate the speed of your recovery.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted
>>> anything bad about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact
>>> when you were posting you posted about making my butternut squash
>>> soup.
>>>
>>> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post
>>> anything about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly,
>>> I missed your posts but didn't really think much about them, or
>>> about you. I certainly didn't post about you. Maybe that's the
>>> problem.

>>> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia
>>> but guess what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that
>>> condition; you don't just put them down. You said you needed money
>>> to take her to the vet. Next thing I know, the money is gone and
>>> the cat was euthanized. No explanation, no medical diagnosis.
>>> Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the hell was I
>>> supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you $200.
>>> And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What happened
>>> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.

>>> I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on
>>> your anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason.
>>> Whatever.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Yes, you managed to sink even lower. And the "facts" that you're
>> posting are all part of your drunken delusions. Not one thing you
>> just said is true. Not one thing. Are you insane, or evil? It's
>> really hard to tell.
>>
>> Either way, congratulations. I'm sick to my stomach.
>>
>> Carol

>Would you like me to scan in and post a copy of the $200 check I sent you?
>Would that make things more clear? Would the fact that if you dredge
>through thousands of posts I never once mentioned you make it clear I didn't
>post a damn thing about you make it clear? WTF is your problem???? I just
>congratulated you and Crash and you jump all over me for NFR. Get over it.
>
>Jill

this is a lot better than daytime TV

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> >> I can't believe she still has the nerve to set foot in this group
> >> with a straight face anymore. She is completely oblivious to
> >> everything around her.

> > Oh lighten up!
> > We all have our bad days...
> >
> > Personally, I'll cut her some slack.
> > I like Jill.

> Om, whoever that "Jill" was, it wasn't me. I haven't thought about or
> posted about Damsel in well over a year. I sent her an email and got a
> report back that Crash was doing poorly. Now all of a sudden I'm a pariah.
> WHATEVER. I don't need the extra drama.
>
> Jill

None of us do.

Wonder if it was posted by a stalker?
Without searching headers, it's not always
immediately obvious.

Hugs babe!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 12:59 am, "Paco's Tacos" > wrote:
> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in oglegroups.com...
>

> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
> > Brown rice.
> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> > way!

> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

> > Carol

> Congrats, Dams & Crash! Shoulda went with a Boston Cream Pie for dessert,
> though! ;-)

Thanks, Paco! We had pound cake because that's what Crash brought to
contribute for dessert for the first meal I ever prepared for him.
Then one of our roommates bought the strawberries and whipped cream
because that's what he prefers. We enjoyed the pound cake both plain
and adorned.

We both love Boston Cream Pie. Got a good recipe?

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 01:03:35 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Johnanon > wrote:

>>> Looks like somebody named "Jill" is headed for complete and total
>>> meltdown. Everybody make popcorn, grab a box of LemonHeads, pull
>>> up a chair and be prepared to stay a spell.
>>>
>>> I can't believe she still has the nerve to set foot in this group
>>> with a straight face anymore. She is completely oblivious to
>>> everything around her.

>> Oh lighten up!
>> We all have our bad days...
>>
>> Personally, I'll cut her some slack.
>> I like Jill.

Jill _IS_ a bad day - for everyone she comes across.

> Om, whoever that "Jill" was, it wasn't me.

Bullshit.

That is most certainly is you posting that bullshit. At this
point it really doesn't matter what you posted last week (or last
month) about anybody. This is YOU posting NOW.

What a stinking weasel. You should be put out of yours and
everyone else's misery. Just tuck your tail between your legs
and leave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 1:03 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
> > Brown rice.
> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> > way!

> Sounds wonderful!

It was. Especially the chicken kabobs. I wish we had made more of
them. Tomorrow, I'm using leftovers and making a stir-fry of chicken,
onions, and all three kinds of bell peppers. Not sure if anyone else
here will eat that, but I'm making it anyway. A girl deserves a treat
every now and then.

> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

> Does it hurt? I hope y'all can get that resolved without more surgery!

Yeah, it's hurting him. I told him to ask the doc for an injection of
WD-40. Not sure how cooperative the doctor will be about that,
though. LOL!

> Good to see you back babe. <hugs>

Thanks, Om. Hugs right back atcha! MWAH!

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 1:10 am, Reg > wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>

> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
> > Brown rice.
> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> > way!

> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

> Nice.
>
> Pass this on to Crash. My grandfather had both knees replaced...
> after the age of 80. It was really, really hard to say the least. He
> made it, though. Spent the rest of his life running around the house
> like a youngster.
>
> Have patience, and work with the docs and the physical therapists.
> It tough because you can't dictate the speed of your recovery.

Thanks, Reg! He had the surgeries two years ago. This horrible
grinding sound is new. Like his brake pads are shot or something.
I'm glad things went so we for your grandfather.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 06:06:34 GMT, Paco's Tacos wrote (quoting
Jill):

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> "All you're after here is attention, Christy. No one has to say you
> shouldn't buy the ingredients and make this stupid cake. No one says you
> have to make anything for a friggin birtday party. Know what? Damsel was
> right. I'm not your friend. I'm not her friend either, for that matter. I
> don't remain friends wiith people who let themselves be STEPPED ON and
> WALKED OVER constantly. Sorry, my friends have a back-bone. My friends
> have spines. My friends know how to say NO. And the answer to this
> ridiculous birthday party situation is NO. Period."

You forgot the part about, "I don't have any friends here
except....". And there was more on top of that, too.

Jill needs a long nap. She needs to do a Rip Van Winkle act.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 00:58:22 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted
>>> anything bad about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact
>>> when you were posting you posted about making my butternut squash
>>> soup.
>>>
>>> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post
>>> anything about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly,
>>> I missed your posts but didn't really think much about them, or
>>> about you. I certainly didn't post about you. Maybe that's the
>>> problem.

>>> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia
>>> but guess what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that
>>> condition; you don't just put them down. You said you needed money
>>> to take her to the vet. Next thing I know, the money is gone and
>>> the cat was euthanized. No explanation, no medical diagnosis.
>>> Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the hell was I
>>> supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you $200.
>>> And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What happened
>>> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.

>>> I'm not making myself look like anything. I congratulated you on
>>> your anniversary and you jumped all over me me for no good reason.
>>> Whatever.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Yes, you managed to sink even lower. And the "facts" that you're
>> posting are all part of your drunken delusions. Not one thing you
>> just said is true. Not one thing. Are you insane, or evil? It's
>> really hard to tell.
>>
>> Either way, congratulations. I'm sick to my stomach.
>>
>> Carol

>Would you like me to scan in and post a copy of the $200 check I sent you?
>Would that make things more clear? Would the fact that if you dredge
>through thousands of posts I never once mentioned you make it clear I didn't
>post a damn thing about you make it clear? WTF is your problem???? I just
>congratulated you and Crash and you jump all over me for NFR. Get over it.
>
>Jill

You send someone a little money and they should kiss your ass forever?
Chuck (in SC)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:15:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> Wonder if it was posted by a stalker?

Don't let her lie to you, too. She made those posts. There is
nothing underhanded here... except Jill herself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Congratulations!

Nice to see you posting again.
Hope that your feeling better and that Crash gets repaired!
Maybe that's why they always played that sound when Lee Majors started being
bionic...to hid the creaks and bangs!
Perhaps his shockers have gone?
Prepare for a new insert, the plastic or ceramic bit that fixes into the
cup, and maybe a new head that bangs onto the stem.
(Shouldn't be even half as painful as the original op)
Fingers crossed for you.
Hugs
Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Dinner was wonderful. I love the nuttiness of brown rice, and the
> fresh strawberries were the best I've had in years.

Big congratulations and huggles from me)

O xx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you out. I'm
> obviously a very bad person.

Why bother if you are just going to use it against her?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Aug 5, 12:59 am, "Paco's Tacos" > wrote:
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in
>> oglegroups.com...
>>

>> > Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
>> > special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.

>> > Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
>> > Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
>> > peppers, skewered and grilled.
>> > Brown rice.
>> > Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

>> > It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
>> > be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
>> > way!

>> > (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
>> > horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
>> > good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

>> > Carol

>> Congrats, Dams & Crash! Shoulda went with a Boston Cream Pie for
>> dessert,
>> though! ;-)

> Thanks, Paco! We had pound cake because that's what Crash brought to
> contribute for dessert for the first meal I ever prepared for him.
> Then one of our roommates bought the strawberries and whipped cream
> because that's what he prefers. We enjoyed the pound cake both plain
> and adorned.
>
> We both love Boston Cream Pie. Got a good recipe?
>
> Carol

Ahh, yes, I neglected the significance of your meal together! You already
have the recipe for the best Boston Cream Pie! But, it was posted by a
different name. We chatted about it awhile back, October or so, iirc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Today is the anniversary of Crash's and my first date. We're having a
> special dinner (well, special to us) in about an hour or so.
>
> Marinated shrimp on skewers, grilled, then served with lemon butter.
> Marinated chicken breast with onion and red, yellow, and green
> peppers, skewered and grilled.
> Brown rice.
> Pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.
>
> It's been raining intermittently all day, so grilling may or may not
> be a challenge. But this is going to be a real treat for us, either
> way!
>
> (Crash has been having problems with his artificial hip making loud,
> horrible grinding sounds, and he's having trouble walking, but he's in
> good spirits. We see the orthopod on Monday)

Congratulations, you two. Glad to see you back Dams.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On Aug 4, 9:59 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:> On Aug 4, 8:10 pm, "jmcquown"

>>> I posted about you? Hmmm, can't remember doing that. In fact, you
>>> are
>>> barely a blip on my radar these days so I can't imagine why I'd have
>>> posted
>>> anything recently involving you.

> Google whatever you like; you can't show me where I said/posted anything
> bad
> about you in the past year or so, can you? No, in fact when you were
> posting you posted about making my butternut squash soup.
>
> You haven't been around for a year, so why would I bother to post anything
> about you? Only your ego would think that I did. Frankly, I missed your
> posts but didn't really think much about them, or about you. I certainly
> didn't post about you. Maybe that's the problem.
>
>>> But never mind the money I sent you to
>>> take your cat to the vet (and which you had put down, btw, rather
>>> than
>>> treated). Never mind the many things I've done to try to help you
>>> out. I'm
>>> obviously a very bad person.

>> Is it possible for you to sink any lower? Really ... is it possible?
>> Purrl had advanced feline leukemia. There was no possibility for
>> treatment, and you know that. I appreciate the help you gave me at
>> that time. It meant the world to both Crash and me.
>>

> You never told me that. You never said Purrl had feline leukemia but
> guess
> what? Lots of cats live long happy lives with that condition; you don't
> just put them down. You said you needed money to take her to the vet.
> Next
> thing I know, the money is gone and the cat was euthanized. No
> explanation,
> no medical diagnosis. Just, oh, we had the cat put to sleep. So what the
> hell was I supposed to think? Costs $25 to get a cat PTS... I sent you
> $200. And I know others sent you money for that cause, too. What
> happened
> to the rest of the money, hmmmmm.

You nasty evil bitch! If you can't give with a good heart then don't do
it. It is certainly not a stick to beat her with!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Johnanon > wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:15:48 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > Wonder if it was posted by a stalker?

> Don't let her lie to you, too. She made those posts. There is
> nothing underhanded here... except Jill herself.

Show me the headers and prove it.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

>> > Oh lighten up!
>> > We all have our bad days...
>> >
>> > Personally, I'll cut her some slack.
>> > I like Jill.

>> Om, whoever that "Jill" was, it wasn't me. I haven't thought about or
>> posted about Damsel in well over a year. I sent her an email and got a
>> report back that Crash was doing poorly. Now all of a sudden I'm a
>> pariah.
>> WHATEVER. I don't need the extra drama.
>>
>> Jill

> None of us do.
>
> Wonder if it was posted by a stalker?
> Without searching headers, it's not always
> immediately obvious.

sorry OM but it was her. I called her on it and we were arguing the point.
Had it not been Jill she would have seen it and complained!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Johnanon" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 06:06:34 GMT, Paco's Tacos wrote (quoting
> Jill):
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "All you're after here is attention, Christy. No one has to say you
>> shouldn't buy the ingredients and make this stupid cake. No one says you
>> have to make anything for a friggin birtday party. Know what? Damsel
>> was
>> right. I'm not your friend. I'm not her friend either, for that matter.
>> don't remain friends wiith people who let themselves be STEPPED ON and
>> WALKED OVER constantly. Sorry, my friends have a back-bone. My friends
>> have spines. My friends know how to say NO. And the answer to this
>> ridiculous birthday party situation is NO. Period."

> You forgot the part about, "I don't have any friends here
> except....". And there was more on top of that, too.
>
> Jill needs a long nap. She needs to do a Rip Van Winkle act.

Oh, I didn't forget, I was just trying to keep the quote pertinent.