Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Righteous Urban Barbecue (R.U.B), NYC

I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
the greens.

End of review.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-30, Curly Sue > wrote:
> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB....

Sorry, that acronym is long ago taken, being rich urban biker.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
>I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
> Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
> tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
> the greens.
>
> End of review.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

I've never eaten there (it's a dream!), but I do know first hand that Paul
Kirk is an excellent Pitmaster.
I attended a cooking class that he gave a couple of years ago.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:45:18 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2007-07-30, Curly Sue > wrote:
>> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB....

>Sorry, that acronym is long ago taken, being rich urban biker.
>
>nb

Dinosaur is the biker BBQ place. I made the effort to go to the
Harlem branch once but they were closed that day (a Monday). It's
kind of awkward to get to but, still, closer than the Syracuse store.

Sue(tm)

The Economist: Urban foraging - Salad daze - Hipsters are foraging for greens in urban parks Opinicus[_3_] General Cooking 20 15-12-2014 03:00 PM
TN: Urban UCO Godzilla Lizard Wine 2 28-04-2010 04:12 PM
Location - Georgia - Event: Class will make righteous judges out of 'cue fans GaDragonfly Barbecue 0 31-07-2007 06:00 AM
an example of self-righteous vegan attitude usual suspect Vegan 4 06-12-2004 11:59 PM
Recipe for "Urban Spareribs" Ray Gordon Barbecue 13 19-04-2004 05:06 AM