FoodBanter.com

-   -   Righteous Urban Barbecue (R.U.B), NYC (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/130279-righteous-urban-barbecue-r.html)

Curly Sue 30-07-2007 11:44 PM

Righteous Urban Barbecue (R.U.B), NYC

I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
the greens.

End of review.

Sue(tm)

notbob 31-07-2007 12:45 AM

On 2007-07-30, Curly Sue > wrote:
> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB....

Sorry, that acronym is long ago taken, being rich urban biker.

nb

BOB[_9_] 31-07-2007 01:09 AM

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
>I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
> Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
> tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
> the greens.
>
> End of review.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

I've never eaten there (it's a dream!), but I do know first hand that Paul
Kirk is an excellent Pitmaster.
I attended a cooking class that he gave a couple of years ago.

BOB

hahabogus 31-07-2007 01:48 AM

Righteous Urban Barbecue (R.U.B), NYC

(Curly Sue) wrote in news:46ae680b.1865063
@news-server.nyc.rr.com:

> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
> Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
> tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
> the greens.
>
> End of review.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

I smoked 2 smallish pork butt steaks for supper last night...eaten with a
side of spaghetti squash with parm cheese and green chiles mixed in. I
smothered the steaks in Apple Butter BBQ sauce just minutes before
removing them from the smoker. The rub was a low to medium suide on the
heat scale with the Aleppo and Chipotle powder in it.

I can die Happy now.

This upcoming weekend is payday and thusly I can afford to move up into
the smoked shrimp world. I'm thinking hickory smoke. And a orange zest
based rub. I got a sink supported colander from lee valley ...by cutting
off the rubber bumpers off the extending arms that hold it above a sink I
have created a beautiful shrimp smoking basket. That can still be used
over the sink when not in use as a smoking tool.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Stan Horwitz[_2_] 31-07-2007 03:11 AM

Righteous Urban Barbecue (R.U.B), NYC

In article >,
(Curly Sue) wrote:

> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB on W. 23rd
> Street. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Absolutely awesome! Meaty,
> tender, juicy, charred, smokey (sauces on the side). Go there. Skip
> the greens.

Wow! I just looked at their menu. It sounds tasty.

Curly Sue 31-07-2007 03:34 AM

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:45:18 -0500, notbob > wrote:

>On 2007-07-30, Curly Sue > wrote:
>> I was in Manhattan today for a workshop and ate at RUB....

>Sorry, that acronym is long ago taken, being rich urban biker.
>
>nb

Dinosaur is the biker BBQ place. I made the effort to go to the
Harlem branch once but they were closed that day (a Monday). It's
kind of awkward to get to but, still, closer than the Syracuse store.

Sue(tm)