Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bernstein's Italian Dressing??

I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 29, 10:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
> good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
> I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
> Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
> available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
> for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

Replying to my own post...I forgot to ask, does it contain high
fructose corn syrup and/or does it taste SWEET. I don't like that
"Wishbone Italian" flavor. TIA again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jocelyn De Contents > wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
>good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
>I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
>Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
>available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
>for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

It used to be a quite good bottled dressing.

However, I haven't had it for years, and so many name-brand products
have been Walmorphed into generic low-quality substitutes, I'd
look for a recommendation from someone who's had it recently.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jocelyn De Contents wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
> good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
> I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
> Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
> available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
> for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

I love it; it was always one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I can't find
it here in Florida. I would OD on that stuff, I swear! It was great not
only on green salads, but pasta salads, mixed veggie salads, as a marinade
for chicken or pork, or drizzled on a sub sandwich. I would go through a
big Costco-sized bottle within a matter of weeks. I think my favorite kind
was the Restaurant Recipe Italian, although their cheese Italian was good,
too.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jocelyn De Contents wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
> wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
>> good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
>> I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
>> Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
>> available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
>> for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

> Replying to my own post...I forgot to ask, does it contain high
> fructose corn syrup and/or does it taste SWEET. I don't like that
> "Wishbone Italian" flavor. TIA again.

I agree. I think the Wishbone Italian is awful. Bernstein's has a lot of
chunky herbs and seasonings in it and it tastes fresh. As to having HFCS in
it, I can't say. It's nothing like Wishbone, though!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
> good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
> I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
> Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
> available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
> for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

If you have any interest in cooking, if you know anything about cooking, and
if
you have any sense of economy, why aren't you making your own?????????
It's 10X better, or more. It's 1/10 the price. It's easy. It's fast.
This always amazes me.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 29, 7:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
> good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
> I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
> Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
> available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
> for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

Even it were the best bottled Italian dressing, why would you not only
pay a premium price but also commit to using six bottles of the
stuff? You already make your own and experiment around, so you know
how different dressings can be, and how interesting it is to try to
match the dressing with the particular salad. Six bottles of one
particular kind will bore you out of your skull long before it's used
up, no matter how good it is. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jocelyn wrote on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:46:59 -0700:

JDC> On Jul 29, 10:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents
JDC> > wrote:
??>> I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing
??>> to be as good as their website says it is. I make my own
??>> salad dressings but I love to experiment and try different
??>> bottled things. How is Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I
??>> will have to order it, as it's not available here on the
??>> east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking for $32.00
??>> for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

JDC> Replying to my own post...I forgot to ask, does it contain
JDC> high fructose corn syrup and/or does it taste SWEET. I
JDC> don't like that "Wishbone Italian" flavor. TIA again.

There is an impression (mistaken, IMHO) that corn syrup can
substitute for oil. I don't like most store-bought non-fat
dressings because of this. Kraft Catalina is just possibly an
exception for occasional use.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 12:49 am, "Kent" > wrote:
> "Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in ooglegroups.com...>I was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
> > good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
> > I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
> > Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
> > available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
> > for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

> If you have any interest in cooking, if you know anything about cooking, and
> if
> you have any sense of economy, why aren't you making your own?????????
> It's 10X better, or more. It's 1/10 the price. It's easy. It's fast.
> This always amazes me.
>
> Kent

Because sometimes I just frickin' enjoy buying and tasting new items I
come across. Thanks for the lecture though. I had no idea I could
make my own dressings!! Fancy that!!! And cheaper, too?? Hot
dog!! LOL Back on my topic, thanks to those who actually ANSWERED
my query about it's flavor and quality. I'll be ordering the case of
6 as I have a couple people interested in trying it, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 1:32 am, aem > wrote:
> On Jul 29, 7:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
> wrote:
> Even it were the best bottled Italian dressing, why would you not only
> pay a premium price but also commit to using six bottles of the
> stuff?

Just FYI, I have three bottles of the six already commited to
other people I know. If I dislike the dressing, I can use it a
marinade. If for some reason it's especially VILE which I know it
will not be, I will contact the manufacturer and get my money back.
It's touching so many people are so deeply concerned about my ordering
some dang salad dressing on the internet. LOL!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jocelyn De Contents wrote:
> On Jul 30, 1:32 am, aem > wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 7:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
>> wrote:
>> Even it were the best bottled Italian dressing, why would you not
>> only pay a premium price but also commit to using six bottles of the
>> stuff?

> Just FYI, I have three bottles of the six already commited to
> other people I know. If I dislike the dressing, I can use it a
> marinade. If for some reason it's especially VILE which I know it
> will not be, I will contact the manufacturer and get my money back.
> It's touching so many people are so deeply concerned about my ordering
> some dang salad dressing on the internet. LOL!!

I don't think you're going to dislike it. It's really tasty.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Jul 30, 12:49 am, "Kent" > wrote:
>> "Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in
>> ooglegroups.com...>I
>> was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as
>> > good as their website says it is. I make my own salad dressings but
>> > I love to experiment and try different bottled things. How is
>> > Bernstein's Italian Dressing? I will have to order it, as it's not
>> > available here on the east coast. I emailed 'em. They're asking
>> > for $32.00 for 6 bottles shipping included. Worth it? TIA

>> If you have any interest in cooking, if you know anything about cooking,
>> and
>> if
>> you have any sense of economy, why aren't you making your own?????????
>> It's 10X better, or more. It's 1/10 the price. It's easy. It's fast.
>> This always amazes me.
>>
>> Kent

> Because sometimes I just frickin' enjoy buying and tasting new items I
> come across. Thanks for the lecture though. I had no idea I could
> make my own dressings!! Fancy that!!! And cheaper, too?? Hot
> dog!! LOL Back on my topic, thanks to those who actually ANSWERED
> my query about it's flavor and quality. I'll be ordering the case of
> 6 as I have a couple people interested in trying it, too.

You obviously are trying to sell something!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 10:55 pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> Jocelyn De Contents wrote:
> > On Jul 30, 1:32 am, aem > wrote:
> >> On Jul 29, 7:41 pm, Jocelyn De Contents >
> >> wrote:
> >> Even it were the best bottled Italian dressing, why would you not
> >> only pay a premium price but also commit to using six bottles of the
> >> stuff?

> > Just FYI, I have three bottles of the six already commited to
> > other people I know. If I dislike the dressing, I can use it a
> > marinade. If for some reason it's especially VILE which I know it
> > will not be, I will contact the manufacturer and get my money back.
> > It's touching so many people are so deeply concerned about my ordering
> > some dang salad dressing on the internet. LOL!!

> I don't think you're going to dislike it. It's really tasty.
>
> kili

Looking forward to getting it. I just placed my order. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 31, 12:02 am, "Kent" > wrote:
> "Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in glegroups.com...
>

> > On Jul 30, 12:49 am, "Kent" > wrote:
> >> "Jocelyn De Contents" > wrote in
> >> ooglegroups.com...>I
> >> was wondering if anyone here finds this bottled dressing to be as

> >> If you have any interest in cooking, if you know anything about cooking,
> >> and
> >> if
> >> you have any sense of economy, why aren't you making your own?????????
> >> It's 10X better, or more. It's 1/10 the price. It's easy. It's fast.
> >> This always amazes me.

> >> Kent

> > Because sometimes I just frickin' enjoy buying and tasting new items I
> > come across. Thanks for the lecture though. I had no idea I could
> > make my own dressings!! Fancy that!!! And cheaper, too?? Hot
> > dog!! LOL Back on my topic, thanks to those who actually ANSWERED
> > my query about it's flavor and quality. I'll be ordering the case of
> > 6 as I have a couple people interested in trying it, too.

> You obviously are trying to sell something!- Hide quoted text -

You, obviously, are an idiot. ;-)